Nova Pack 2.0? re: new orbs

Comments

• blazder
    blazder Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can't farm in this game anyway. They broke GL and Wades made tons of things you get bound. It was broken way before this orb.

Wades made nothing bound... not sure what u mean with that.

The game is not impossible to farm. The game has changed and some people have failed to adapt to the changes. You are trying to farm the old way, and lets be real its been long since farming GL and wades was really profitable, way before last patch.
  • hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You can't farm in this game anyway. They broke GL and Wades made tons of things you get bound. It was broken way before this orb.

sure you can. do you have any idea how much gold was farmed by fel ore miners during the orb event where people were rushing to power level their toons? it was tons. Or the fact that people have been farming massive amounts of check-in alts for a very long time. Or, people who have been farming fusion gem mats and other botany and mining mats. Or people that have been farming ode points for unbound items for those who do not have the desire to spam WPFF when its open.

Granted, some of the things we once farmed can be gotten at an NPC now, but farmers still help supplement the community for those that would rather save things, like soul gold, for other things they deem more important
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • darkerlocust68
    darkerlocust68 Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ^^ what Hits said, I may cs when it worthy but farming keeps the daily growth moving.
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hits4hire wrote: »
    sure you can. do you have any idea how much gold was farmed by fel ore miners during the orb event where people were rushing to power level their toons? it was tons. Or the fact that people have been farming massive amounts of check-in alts for a very long time. Or, people who have been farming fusion gem mats and other botany and mining mats. Or people that have been farming ode points for unbound items for those who do not have the desire to spam WPFF when its open.

Maybe come out from the past year lol?

Got an idea of ores cuz we had a guildy autoclickingksing us all the time and he was making 5/6d's a day yes (now are selling, IF are selling, for 1g :P).

Ode for unbound items? maybe i seen the wrong price then cuz you gotta pay in real gold that stuff at absurd prices, can imagine the great gain.

Check in alts, that yes was decent IF you had tonsload of accounts...

Fusion gems mats, yes that was 1 of the things i used to make 120 d's once i finished my very last ms, but nowaday? with everything that cost vigor? if you make fusiion gems you cant even do anything othe rthan sitting in fh, i wonder if someone is really bothering making those 100 vigor gems nowaday, you dont even get the chance to mine anymore doing challenge cuz no more need of achievs so no last boss in tok.

You forgot wade that WAS the other thing i used to make gold, NOW you cant farm it anymore. neither those that was farming GL or NC, hell even henry greed quest got taken away along with low lvl wb's (thos egave me few d's too Killing them in the right way).

Oh you cant even buy ms's anymore seen the only way to use them now is Handling in guild so bb also at the maybe 10s gained buying ms's and doing midas yourself.

Right now which are the ways to get IN GAME gold? as in, not coming from csing aka ms's? WB, untrafarmed, guild lottery if youre lucky and get 5g? rolls, got a Whole 5g today too, guild midas, well that's sucked up from dedi still let's say 10g a week you can get maybe.

Farming mats for crafting? well dunno your server but looking at illy ah noo one care to craft anything anymore but purp oh lol, so good luck get any gold with minerals and plants.

The one you quoted is perfectly right, i made from 35d's to over 150 before xmas, lost internet for 3 months and now that am back cant say 1 REAL decent way to make golds in game, oh wait, IP and those ribbons sell well, that is so far (got a Whole 1 so far, seen another but didnt won it :P).

Even thoug hi can manage stil l for 2 reasons :1) am kinda settled already and 2)idc much about compete or being a vip in 1 of the 4millions crappy chinese game saround i feel really sorry for whoever try to start this game now, unless ofc he's a true maso in that case wil lenjoy it.

Anyway the one you quoted is 100% right, there nothing a normal player here can farm unless for you farm is being one of thos echineses closed in a room that play 24/7/364 for 1 eu a day.

Hf lmao

Scorpioluca

Ps: and now with leafs price permaset at 1g each bb any chance to buy cs stuff with gold pretty much, leafs will go back down? my ****, ppls will keep for the next promo like this rofl.
  • hits4hire
    edited April 2015
    In response to the Fel ores, more people started farming them during the event which did drive the prices down, but for the lucky ones that were able to flood the market first there was alot of money made on them. It was just simple supply and demand that led to the price drop considering the influx of people farming them trying to just get what little gold they could.

In response to Ode points and unbound items, there is still a profit to be made there if you are willing to invest what gold you made farming other items..which has the ability to garner a higher profit margin in some cases.

I understand your point about Fusion Gems, but really you shouldn't use up all your vigor at one time on them as its counter-productive.

Forgot to also mention ACI farming and footprint farming(i farm Footprints and other things that use up alot of energy/vigor on alts) as well. We all know that there are quite a few people that run invasions with nothing but alts and farm dedi on them. It's not as profitable as it used to be per se, but it's still profitable enough for the same people who farmed on alts before the box nerf to keep doing it, regardless of it being against ToS.

Sorry to derail the thread, I just wanted to address that comment about not being able to farm as all my gold comes from farming..anywhere from 2-3D a day just by doing the things i listed.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • serenity234876
    serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Meeh i doubt they ever "Hire" a new staff for a certain task.. even less for an old game.. lol
    What im sure they do is just move their current staff around between their games.. all that people that "get promoted" just means they get placed into staffing a better game..
    like Neverwinter.. or blacklight or something like that.. If u go read other games forums im sure u can see Lokisdottir.. or maybe even crabclaw.. like they were back when they were moved out of FW..
    I highly doubt the company actually go out and hires new staff constantly lol.. u said it yourself.. why bother? lol

And as for the patch.. i feel they don't really have a staff or hire anyone for it.. they must have some sort of agreement with the private servers or something.. i think they make the private servers do the translation or tests or w/e.. and they let the private server exist and PWE don't sue them for game piracy.. Lool
    I mean the private server said it in their website.. they had to delay THEIR patch because PWE delayed ours and made them delay theirs as well.. lol
    Pretty sure that is more than just courtesy..
    And all of the big latest patch have always been released close to each other between both servers.. and both had the same typos and errors.. lol

What is suspicious is they're suddenly giving away all of the game cash shop content for such cheap prices?? or even free.. from the anniversary..
    is like going from one extreme to the other.. a couple months ago.. we barely had sales and offers.. but there was still people playing and all..
    and now we have more sales and offers than people would ever need, and we still have the same people playing, just logging their 60 alts to claim free stuff.. lol
    people are maxing mastery/resistances faster here than on private servers lmao..

i mean, im maxing my stuff too.. but im more worried abt wether they're gonna close us in a couple months.. than i am to maxing my toons lol
    Most people just dont like seeing the bigger picture, all they care is maxing their toons.. and they are happily distracted with everything PWE throws at them..
    Like with the nova pack.. The day the nova pack was introduced.. i said we would have a rollback, because it was too much free stuff for too low price.. and people didnt think it was posible.. cuz crabclaw said this game was NEVER going to have a rollback.. 2 days later.. we got the rollback and everyone went ape **** mad because of it.. lol
    Im having a bad feeling abt all this free stuff again.. just this time it wont be just a few days rollback.. lol

sadly I agree very much. its sad to see most people cant grasp the big picture I think pwe is much same, they just look at data logs see how much people are spending.
    by time they release this time I think to much damage will have been done :/
  • hits4hire
    edited April 2015
    the game will close one day, it's inevitable. could close today, tomorrow, next month, next year or in 4 more years..we don't know. if you aren't having fun in game because you are too worried about the game closing (which is inevitable that it will one day) then why continue to play and CS? i think some people are just in denial that one day, they won't be able to login and play. so, take advantage of the goodies because it's not like the game will last forever and have fun with a toon that takes less effort to see the gains you would like in some aspects.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    my point is you still have a game that you are able to login to and play. also, domino is still here while others have been sh*t canned from their respective titles they overseen. with domino still here that means most of our bugs can somewhat be resolved. that alone is more valuable to our community than ppl fussing over orbs. Seems the only ones really complaining about the orbs are the snarky elitists that don't want people catching up to them.
    Lol domino is fairly new.. compared to other GMs/Mods.. and he's been more active than the couple last ones we had.. but I havent seen any bugs being fixed..
    he is just flashing pretty things at people.. and people are just following around the pretty things.. just like that other forum thread said about the Gods box bug and such.. lol
    And im not even halfway capped on my toon.. and i had 27 chars who got 600 orbs each.. i got a pretty fair share of free stuff..
    but im not a fool that gets distracted by pretty things as soon as they pop up.. and forgets abt the things that matter.. like bugs.. long term life of the game.. etc.. lol

Wtf? the new patch made Farming like.. 100 times easier?? i got my demon wings. within a month.. and didnt have to spend any gold in it.. unlike my BR which i had to dump some diamonds into the gear and gems.. lol

Farming right now is as easiest as it can get.. lol
    blazder wrote: »
    I wana be more positive and think they just need money to push new content
    Also, do you realize that when they close RH, im pretty sure they gave back what ppl csed X amount of months befoee they closes it. So doing this type of sales where people spend a sht ton is very stupid if they are shutting us down soon.

Correction.... went back to RH foruns and this is what they did :
    Players who've been active within the past 30 days will have their past 6 months' worth of Zen purchased or transferred into Rusty Hearts credited into their Wallet. (This will take some time, but we'll let everyone know via email when it's ready) All Zen credited into the Wallet can be transferred into other games on Arc.

So.. yea.

Yeah.. thats what i mean.. they dont refund $$ they give u back zen.. so u can get hooked up on some other game.. thats a bussiness strategy to keep their costumers around.. lol

On the long term making the whole game this easy.. means just turning the game into a private server.. How do private servers keep their people interested? they do rollbacks.. so people have something to farm again and again and again.. cuz once people get capped.. and have nothing else to farm for.. they get bored and leave.. lol
    Let's be honest fellow cs'rs, we complained often that they were not giving us a reason to charge and now they are. If they close us down after this it would alienate all of the said cs'rs from any pwe game. It makes no business sense to burn your bridges unless your declaring bankruptcy so I'm rolling with the good times here. Maybe they really just finally "get it".
    Meh they have done it before.. and it never burned any bridge.. they still keep your money and ask u to try their other games.. and offer u some of your old "investment" back to get you into it.. lol

the game will close one day, it's inevitable. could close today, tomorrow, next month, next year or in 4 more years..we don't know. if you aren't having fun in game because you are too worried about the game closing (which is inevitable that it will one day) then why continue to play and CS? i think some people are just in denial that one day, they won't be able to login and play. so, take advantage of the goodies because it's not like the game will last forever and have fun with a toon that takes less effort to see the gains you would like in some aspects.
    What you're saying is pretty much.. go play Private server.. until they roll you back again.. so u can start all over.. Cuz thats how private servers work.. lmao

• hits4hire
    edited April 2015
    my last point you quoted is that this game will NOT be around forever, so take advantage of what you can instead of just griping about it. if you don't like it, tough cookies. domino already said that is what's going to happen (regarding sales and events being intentional) and if you or nobody else likes it they can leave the game instead of driving the community down with countless negativity.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • conterkiller
    edited April 2015
    my last point you quoted is that this game will NOT be around forever, so take advantage of what you can instead of just griping about it. if you don't like it, tough cookies. domino already said that is what's going to happen (regarding sales and events being intentional) and if you or nobody else likes it they can leave the game instead of driving the community down with countless negativity.

is not abt driving the community down.. is more in a sense of creating awareness, for people that are spending thousands.. and maybe to get a response from PWE about this possibe outcome.. before people spend even more.. lol

• blazder
    blazder Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    is not abt driving the community down.. is more in a sense of creating awareness, for people that are spending thousands.. and maybe to get a response from PWE about this possibe outcome.. before people spend even more.. lol

I was activly playing RH when they closed it. If they kept that game for so long when there were not more than 100 players and 2 csers... fw is not getting shut down soon.
  • hits4hire
    edited April 2015
    how many times does domino have to repeat himself about things being intentional and that we are safe. just because they are trying different sales tactics to appeal to more players does not in anyway mean we are doomed. and like i said, it's futile to try to egg the situation on by insinuating that ppl are going to CS a ton and then lose it due to a rollback or the game closing anytime soon because, like i said, the game WILL close one day (nobody knows when, but all good things eventually come to an end) and all that hard earned money people put into this game will have went to the experience they had of having an OP toon (or at least a decent one) and that too will be gone. so, what's the argument really about? is it really just that people are jealous that they didn't get sales like this when they had to spend their leaves on other things while not benefitting as much in the past? i tend to believe its the latter..

the game has been lackluster for a while now and with Domino here, things may not be perfect, but at least they are heading in the right direction. we all just may need to get used to the fact that they may make it easier for more people to be better equipped. I understand some of your points, but you have to realize sometimes change can be good, we just need to give things more time to see how this all plays out.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    how many times does domino have to repeat himself about things being intentional and that we are safe. just because they are trying different sales tactics to appeal to more players does not in anyway mean we are doomed. .

^ THIS

PWE has fired so many staff recently, big cuts in the US and all the CMs in the EU are gone. They are a company, they need to make money. If FW profitability was falling with the current model of "grind all the things forever" (see cheerfuls post a while back on the real grind cost) then maybe they are trying a new tactic to make the game profitable again or more profitable than it has been.

Everyone raged at the stupidly low drop rate on the panda/centauress orb so they made them a charge reward item in the hundreds so they will drop something.
    The fox (not refined) orb failed at 60 leaf miserably.
    The anniversary orb give-away is the same drop rate (or worse) than the panda orb for rare items, hence there are so many.

This new orbs drop rate looks extremely good, and its time limited, so this may be the future of how to make money for PWE. Memory gems look like tof v2 at the moment.

Everyone stop panicking!
  • hits4hire
    edited April 2015
    ^ THIS

PWE has fired so many staff recently, big cuts in the US and all the CMs in the EU are gone. They are a company, they need to make money. If FW profitability was falling with the current model of "grind all the things forever" (see cheerfuls post a while back on the real grind cost) then maybe they are trying a new tactic to make the game profitable again or more profitable than it has been.

Everyone raged at the stupidly low drop rate on the panda/centauress orb so they made them a charge reward item in the hundreds so they will drop something.
    The fox (not refined) orb failed at 60 leaf miserably.
    The anniversary orb give-away is the same drop rate (or worse) than the panda orb for rare items, hence there are so many.

This new orbs drop rate looks extremely good, and its time limited, so this may be the future of how to make money for PWE. Memory gems look like tof v2 at the moment.

Everyone stop panicking!

thank you for reiterating my point. this panic from the playerbase could cause more harm than the sales that people are suggesting are "game breaking."

Game breaking is what you all are doing by creating undue panic across the community with your absurd assumptions about the current state of the game just because PWE is trying to offer us more for our money to make up for lost revenue.

look at how other companies conduct business when they reach a stagnation in sales. They have sales that bring more attention to their brand to reclaim lost revenue from that stagnation. this is not an uncommon practice, so having that tactic brought to our game is nothing out of the ordinary from a business perspective.

If you want to extend the longevity of this game, then by all means help promote and help build our playerbase back. these new toons won't be so turned off from staying here if they see they can get more out of the time (and money) they invest in the game. they may not completely catch up anytime soon, but good sales can help them obtain their goals without being turned off by having to spend ungodly amounts of money just to progress themselves to the point of being a somewhat decent toon.

the more we are able to help this game's playerbase grow, the more we get out of our time and money we invest here because it helps to extend the life and funding of the game when people just decide they are done spending money here.

Just my 2cents.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • jhkx123
    jhkx123 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm all for free stuff and new orbs and improvements..

But please, if you do not feel the new Ocean orbs are excessively OP.. Then you're just thinking about yourself and not looking at the bigger picture.. I get that no matter what game we play, it is usually the csers who has the advantage over the noncsers.. I FULLY understand that.. I mean why not? They paid for it, they get the good stuff.. But, there should always be a certain balance/limit..

Over the past few patches... They made it almost impossible for noncsers to farm for gold unless you are already in a certain position financially or gearwise.. With the addition of merc stats to be sold to guild base (finally removed midas touch quest recently cos no one does them anymore), removing GL specific queue for gem traders (as well as making gem bound) and now finally this new orb really takes the cake..

10 leaves for basically anything you'll ever need.. Purple pet, scrolls of masteries/res (that are WAAAAAY too common) and the new memory pearls for the Flare gem cards on top of others like real gold and soul gold and soul leaves.. This is after the insane increase in ToFs circulating around.. You can get 12/12 gears with full IV gems and lv80 mastery/res easily from this orb..

Go on ahead and say that i'm complaining, but we all know this is a game breaker eventhough many will say its a "catch up" for the new players... Wake up.. what new players? i see the same faces playing everyday and the ones doing all the csing are the usual "oh its that guy again"..

It's not catch up if from 1 day of csing, you can get really really high masteries/res which will otherwise take 4 years to farm through HR (prime example, me.. lv75 masteries, lv50 res.. 90% of the points are from HR farming with 10% gold to 'top up' the minor difference needed). And the orb lasts for 14 days.. So you tell me.. How is this good? The strong gets stronger and will absolutely WRECK in pvp which is the only saving grace this game has.. New players? They dont stand a chance to fight against fully geared EXPERIENCED players..

I am definitely.. DEFINITELY.. not looking forward to pvp after this.. This is my point of view as a noncser who was doing well enough to 'keep up' over the last 3 years to the higher level players in the game.. The balance has definitely shifted too much from this..
  • conterkiller
    edited April 2015
    jhkx123 wrote: »

But please, if you do not feel the new Ocean orbs are excessively OP.. Then you're just thinking about yourself and not looking at the bigger picture.. I get that no matter what game we play, it is usually the csers who has the advantage over the noncsers.. I FULLY understand that.. I mean why not? They paid for it, they get the good stuff.. But, there should always be a certain balance/limit..

Over the past few patches... They made it almost impossible for noncsers to farm for gold unless you are already in a certain position financially or gearwise.. With the addition of merc stats to be sold to guild base (finally removed midas touch quest recently cos no one does them anymore), removing GL specific queue for gem traders (as well as making gem bound) and now finally this new orb really takes the cake..

10 leaves for basically anything you'll ever need.. Purple pet, scrolls of masteries/res (that are WAAAAAY too common) and the new memory pearls for the Flare gem cards on top of others like real gold and soul gold and soul leaves.. This is after the insane increase in ToFs circulating around.. You can get 12/12 gears with full IV gems and lv80 mastery/res easily from this orb..

Go on ahead and say that i'm complaining, but we all know this is a game breaker eventhough many will say its a "catch up" for the new players... Wake up.. what new players? i see the same faces playing everyday and the ones doing all the csing are the usual "oh its that guy again"..

It's not catch up if from 1 day of csing, you can get really really high masteries/res which will otherwise take 4 years to farm through HR (prime example, me.. lv75 masteries, lv50 res.. 90% of the points are from HR farming with 10% gold to 'top up' the minor difference needed). And the orb lasts for 14 days.. So you tell me.. How is this good? The strong gets stronger and will absolutely WRECK in pvp which is the only saving grace this game has.. New players? They dont stand a chance to fight against fully geared EXPERIENCED players..

I am definitely.. DEFINITELY.. not looking forward to pvp after this.. This is my point of view as a noncser who was doing well enough to 'keep up' over the last 3 years to the higher level players in the game.. The balance has definitely shifted too much from this..
    yeah.. more or less how i feel abt this whole super excessive giveaway of stuff.. lol

whoever doesn't think this whole thing together is excessive.. is just a really selfish/needy person.. lol

• hits4hire
    edited April 2015

Well, I'm not really a CSer myself and this change doesn't even bother me because i'm all for PWE doing what they have to do to keep this game online for those who choose to play for free.

what would be worse for you? A new toon getting OP quick or not being able to login to the game and having to read on the forums that the game was shut down because it just wasn't profitable anymore? i'm sure that if it was the latter you, along with everyone else, would be wondering what could have been done to divert such a disaster...well this is the preemptive attempt to save us from that.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • yewmad
    yewmad Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    to be honest there are not new players just old players with new characters
  • Rothj - Eyrda
    Rothj - Eyrda Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited April 2015

People csing more in general is better for the non cser. The reason for this is that it makes your time farming more valuable. It's true csers will gain a lot of advantages... but by them having more resources, farmed items will be in higher demand. An example would be, ever notice when a merc bogo is going on how fast your items will sell? The more gold people have, the more they will pay for farmed items. The more token of faith and fusion agents are in the system, the cheaper you can farm gold and buy them. The cheaper memory pearls and flare gem cards are, the cheaper you can buy tools to get high level gems. See where I'm going with this? If people cs more you will find it easier to gear your toon as a farmer. If no one is csing, it's gonna be A LOT harder to get any items that come from the cash shop.

edit: In short, you WANT people to be csing as the non cser. If everyone becomes a non cser(while retaining their op characters) then you're really screwed.
  • jhkx123
    edited April 2015
    Well, I'm not really a CSer myself and this change doesn't even bother me because i'm all for PWE doing what they have to do to keep this game online for those who choose to play for free.

what would be worse for you? A new toon getting OP quick or not being able to login to the game and having to read on the forums that the game was shut down because it just wasn't profitable anymore? i'm sure that if it was the latter you, along with everyone else, would be wondering what could have been done to divert such a disaster...well this is the preemptive attempt to save us from that.

Who the heck cares if the game sticks around if you remove the part of it that is enjoyable which makes more people leave? Great job, you save the game but not the playerbase... Same. End. Results.

The population of players in this game already dropped more than the mastery/res scrolls from this orb, enjoy sticking around in a game with nobody else to play with except those who'll make you bend over and shout "daddy!".
  • Rothj - Eyrda
    edited April 2015
    Who the heck cares if the game sticks around if you remove the part of it that is enjoyable which makes more people leave? Great job, you save the game but not the playerbase... Same. End. Results.

The population of players in this game already dropped more than the mastery/res scrolls from this orb, enjoy sticking around in a game with nobody else to play with except those who'll make you bend over and shout "daddy!".

I posted above you but I'll restate it: as a non cser, you need people to cs so you can gain more resources for farmed items. If people are csing a lot, you'll find it a lot easier to make money and gain cs items. If no one cses, you're gonna have a hard time farming anything. And guess what the people who were already op were gonna stay op whether they csed more or not...
  • conterkiller
    edited April 2015

You sound like a really new player or something lol
    This was hardly PWE doing what they have to do to keep this game online..
    The game have been worst than it have been in the past months.. and it never shut down..

What keeps people playing this game over years and years its the long terms goals.. like high/max mastery/resists.. or lv4 wings.. stuff like that..
    if u give the people their long term goals handed in a week.. what else is gonna keep them playing? surely not the appeal of having nothing to do all day long.. lol
    it will end up dying and shutting down, just like private servers that people use just to test toons.. and quit.. lol

Or take example other games with no long term character progression like Guild wars 2.. it was fun for a month or 2.. then u got to the top gear just like everyone else.. and then u get bored and quit..

• jhkx123
    edited April 2015
    People csing more in general is better for the non cser. The reason for this is that it makes your time farming more valuable. It's true csers will gain a lot of advantages... but by them having more resources, farmed items will be in higher demand. An example would be, ever notice when a merc bogo is going on how fast your items will sell? The more gold people have, the more they will pay for farmed items. The more token of faith and fusion agents are in the system, the cheaper you can farm gold and buy them. The cheaper memory pearls and flare gem cards are, the cheaper you can buy tools to get high level gems. See where I'm going with this? If people cs more you will find it easier to gear your toon as a farmer. If no one is csing, it's gonna be A LOT harder to get any items that come from the cash shop.

edit: In short, you WANT people to be csing as the non cser. If everyone becomes a non cser(while retaining their op characters) then you're really screwed.

What sale items are you talking about? Everything is farmable now.. Gears? champ gears best for dmg, arena gears for tankiness... merc stats? who sells merc stats to players anymore? Gems? Flare cards.. As i said... Farming gold is restricted as a noncser UNLESS you're already at a certain lvl in gears or financial state to afford "investing" in an item.. If you can tell me ur making gold without having the gears to fight for WBs or being able to afford buying things n reselling, then ill be quiet..

PS: dont forget... everything a noncser can do/have... A cser can too.. Not the other way round..
  • Rothj - Eyrda
    edited April 2015
    The game have been worst than it have been in the past months.. and it never shut down..

What keeps people playing this game over years and years its the long terms goals.. like high/max mastery/resists.. or lv4 wings.. stuff like that..
    if u give the people their long term goals handed in a week.. what else is gonna keep them playing? surely not the appeal of having nothing to do all day long.. lol
    it will end up dying and shutting down, just like private servers that people use just to test toons.. and quit.. lol

Or take example other games with no long term character progression like Guild wars 2.. it was fun for a month or 2.. then u got to the top gear just like everyone else.. and then u get bored and quit..

Except you know this is bs. In fw you can't max your char. Even if you get op stats there is still a lot more to do. And people with tendencies to cs will usually cs even if they don't really have the need to.
  • jhkx123
    edited April 2015
    Except you know this is bs. In fw you can't max your char. Even if you get op stats there is still a lot more to do. And people with tendencies to cs will usually cs even if they don't really have the need to.

It aint BS.. I think our definition of 'max' is just different...

What we mean by max is lv80 mastery/res coz after a certain point, the dmg dealt/received is barely altered from more mastery/res), properly gemmed to lv4 gems minimum and a full set of 12/12..

Not lv100 mastery/res and lv5 gems and 3-4 sets of 12/12 gears fully gemmed too..

And yes, once reaching Godlikes status... tell me who doesnt get bored and leave the game? Sure some returned after a long break... lets see how long they stick around before they leave again...
  • killahkushblunt
    killahkushblunt Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its the Apocolypse Illuminati Confirmed!
  • Rothj - Eyrda
    edited April 2015
    What sale items are you talking about? Everything is farmable now.. Gears? champ gears best for dmg, arena gears for tankiness... merc stats? who sells merc stats to players anymore? Gems? Flare cards.. As i said... Farming gold is restricted as a noncser UNLESS you're already at a certain lvl in gears or financial state to afford "investing" in an item.. If you can tell me ur making gold without having the gears to fight for WBs or being able to afford buying things n reselling, then ill be quiet..

PS: dont forget... everything a noncser can do/have... A cser can too.. Not the other way round..

Let me give you some tips... how about, do some rca? Do some fate/fissures? Farm for some 12/12 gear and decent gear/gems? Farm champ gear? Then you'll be geared enough to do things. Some other ideas: mining, botany, scavenging. That's right, there are tradeskills in this game. Farm crafting mats. Sell soul tokens/astral reforge, do new 12v12 and sell the boxes for winning. Do gloops and sell unbound gloops. Make some alts and do checkins.

The key point here is: DO things... sell items you get. Get your character strong by doing stuff in game, then go farm things people actually want and sell them. It's not that hard but you have to actually play the game. Idk what else you want me to say, there is more opportunities than ever to do stuff in game that is useful.
  • conterkiller
    edited April 2015

Yeah but not everyone has "Completely Max" as their goal..
    most people's goal is around lv80-90 mast/resists.. which are almost achievable with the FREE Anniversary orbs alone for anybody that farmed checkings before.. lol

Stuff that people were planning to get in a couple months.. they just got it handed to them in a week.. and once they reach a point where they feel ok with it.. they'll go play their "maxed" toons a little.. get bored of same old pvping with nothing else to get.. and quit.. for a non boring game with new stuff to farm and upgrade and achieve..

• jhkx123
    edited April 2015
    Let me give you some tips... how about, do some rca? Do some fate/fissures? Farm for some 12/12 gear and decent gear/gems? Farm champ gear? Then you'll be geared enough to do things. Some other ideas: mining, botany, scavenging. That's right, there are tradeskills in this game. Farm crafting mats. Sell soul tokens/astral reforge, do new 12v12 and sell the boxes for winning. Make some alts and do checkins.

The key point here is: DO things... sell items you get. Get your character strong by doing stuff in game, then go farm things people actually want and sell them. It's not that hard but you have to actually play the game. Idk what else you want me to say, there is more opportunities than ever to do stuff in game that is useful.

Everything u just said was to tell me to farm my own stuff...

How does tht relate to you saying its good to have csers csing and having more gold to buy things? I see NO relations of the two..

It has gone beyond the whole point of discussion.. IDGAF if ppl cs... but this orb basically lets a 1 hour long player be equivalent to a 4 years player..

Hell idk how the old csers are not complaining.. People can get to their lvl in what, 1,000-2,000 dollars where they spent like 10,000?

im not arguing abt ppl csing... im arguing for a balance for the playerbase which this orb wrecked..
  • hits4hire
    edited April 2015

yes, i'm aware of all these points, but:

1) just because i have a join date of last year doesn't mean i've been playing for just a year
    2) CN still has a ton of content not implemented into our version yet that we will probably get
    3) for goodness sakes, in CN version it's easier to make a decent toon than it is on private server and they are doing great economically speaking
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
This discussion has been closed.