Nova Pack 2.0? re: new orbs

Shapelle - Lionheart
Shapelle - Lionheart Posts: 250 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
Y'all seen what these things drop for just 10 leaves a pop? I was present for the original nova pack fiasco, and this smells disturbingly similar
Post edited by Shapelle - Lionheart on

Comments

• CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Y'all seen what these things drop for just 10 leaves a pop? I was present for the original nova pack fiasco, and this smells disturbingly similar

Dont worry, no Casher is gonna come and complain about how this ORB doesnt break the entire game. Too busy opening orbs now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • drnase
    drnase Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2015

didnt u read the patchnotes of the big game content?

"there will be a new orb system.. bla ... bla..."

ever1 talks about rollback should get a 1-week-silence for free

greetz
    Dont worry, be happy
  • chezka08
    chezka08 Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    why everyone is so excited to have rollback? i dont understand u guys really, when FW gives nothing u complain, when FW gives good stuff you complain again and asking for rollback... either appricate or just dont ask for rollback please. ty
  • liliana1989
    liliana1989 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I see that really make you bored and holes throughout. Today is April 1 wanted to make a surprise for us, is that the package costs 10 leaves it does not mean that it has to be a repeat of the previous nova theme pack. People take in the slack. How are you bored, come out for a walk or 'Do something else instead to talk about it because it does not make sense.
  • bitterpaw
    bitterpaw Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chezka08 wrote: »
    i dont understand u guys really, when FW gives nothing u complain, when FW gives good stuff you complain again

they enjoy so much complaining, maybe because they feel this is their only way to be taken into consideration by someone... so sad.
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    chezka08 wrote: »
    why everyone is so excited to have rollback? i dont understand u guys really, when FW gives nothing u complain, when FW gives good stuff you complain again and asking for rollback... either appricate or just dont ask for rollback please. ty

No one mentioned rollback or anything here, try reading before posting next time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No one mentioned rollback or anything here, try reading before posting next time?

The OP is talking about the Nova Pack rollback? I mean, this whole thread is about rollbacks, just that they didn't say the word.

I don't think we'll have one though, 10s seems to be the new orb prices.
  • stew675
    stew675 Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2015

+1 Seems the only people talking about rollbacks in this thread, are the people who are b1tching about people talking about rollbacks. Look in the mirror before pointing the finger guys.
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They just gave away alot of tofs and they had to add new npc with new way to milk ppl and now new ToFs are Memory Pearls :D

Expect nothing new in ToFs :p suckers
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is by design :)
  • darkerlocust68
    darkerlocust68 Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Calling a spade a spade here, saying Nova Pack fiasco was meant to suggest roll back and everyone knows it so don't pretend otherwise lol. There will be no rollbacks, it's just some strange new golden age business strategy that if they give us everything we want we will be happy and spend more money. Accept it, Embrace it, it may not last forever.
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Design or not, the issue with the Orb is not related to the price, but with the attitude it comes with.

Until now, after expansion, we had the right direction aka "play actively to farm stuffs/points to slowly upgrade your char".

Now it's just the opposite: "slack, cash to buy leaves, get op in a day". AND it can be done, you CAN be op in a day!

Orb has all you need: epic purple pet, sl, REAL GOLD (no need to sell leaves for gold anymore...), mastery/resis page (40 per tick, imo not really a small amount) and new Pearls!

I am giving up the idea of farming...

Better open my wallet...

But for cheesecakes only!!

My 2 cents
  • minml
    minml Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Memory Pearls in orb.

I'am disappoint.
  • minml
    minml Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    senrin wrote: »
    cheesecakes only!!

My 2 cents

Cheesecakes make you fat.
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Design or not, the issue with the Orb is not related to the price, but with the attitude it comes with.

Until now, after expansion, we had the right direction aka "play actively to farm stuffs/points to slowly upgrade your char".

Now it's just the opposite: "slack, cash to buy leaves, get op in a day". AND it can be done, you CAN be op in a day!

Orb has all you need: epic purple pet, sl, REAL GOLD (no need to sell leaves for gold anymore...), mastery/resis page (40 per tick, imo not really a small amount) and new Pearls!

I am giving up the idea of farming...

Better open my wallet...

But for cheesecakes only!!

My 2 cents

You forgot that there's aswel lthis "spend 2k leafs get 150 ms's Worth" event going on so yes, 2k leafs = 200 of thos enew orbs +almost 15 d's :3

You should defo open the wallet :P
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Doesn't anybody else have this feeling that the game is gonna close in a couple months,
    and they're just throwing all this at us to get more money while they can? lol

this past week has just been waay too much free stuff.. is like.. everything we ever had before doesn't even get close to this.. except the Nova pack.. and we all know what happened back then.. lol

but since we are not having a roll back.. this smells more and more like is just a final attempt to get money from CSrs.. which they very effectively did..

dont get me wrong.. im happy with all the free, and easy way to max my Demon alt.. but not if its only a last giveaway before game closes.. lol
    it kinda feels like a private server now.. lmao

• darkerlocust68
    edited April 2015
    The combination of all of these things is indeed intentional, sure the cs'rs getting OP; even lil csr's feeling a surge. But the intention of a business is to make money and i can assure you, they are making alot of money recently appealing to the csr's like this. intake of money can be good for the game, develops content updates, pays staff to attend to our needs, ect.. It's a win win for all and I dunno if Domino is part of the decision making process they have going on or just our luckiest break out of all this but this is quickly becoming FW's "best of times". Enjoy the ride

PS Conterkiller: I thought about that but would be stunned if they went thru the trouble of the newest content and patches if they were gonna shut our asses down. And why bother hiring Domino at all if thats the case ?
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    KqPJh0s.jpg
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PS Conterkiller: I thought about that but would be stunned if they went thru the trouble of the newest content and patches if they were gonna shut our asses down. And why bother hiring Domino at all if thats the case ?

He wasnt hired he was moved from Darklight, and if they close he will be moved to another cash cow of theirs simple.
  • darkerlocust68
    edited April 2015
    KqPJh0s.jpg

kinda feels like that huh lol
  • Rothj - Eyrda
    Rothj - Eyrda Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Theyre making money; this game will definetly not close as long as that happens I promise you that.
  • AeonRuin - Lionheart
    AeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These new orbs aren't forever... Relax.
  • hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pretty sure these sales were a means to bring more liveliness to the game and the cash shop. they probably have no other choice but to offer mega sales to show CN that this game can still be profitable for our version. one could also speculate that since Domino had alot to do with the way things have been lately that he was tired of getting one-shot in FF and decided that we needed sales like these to level the playing field a bit considering that you don't have to spend much to see good gains for your toon.

can we just not be happy that our game was not affected negatively by the mass layoffs?
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • darkerlocust68
    edited April 2015
    hits4hire wrote: »

can we just not be happy that our game was not affected negatively by the mass layoffs?

< *Euphoric, Elated, Enthusiastic

p.s. just fix the god thing quickly okT;Applauding
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The combination of all of these things is indeed intentional, sure the cs'rs getting OP; even lil csr's feeling a surge. But the intention of a business is to make money and i can assure you, they are making alot of money recently appealing to the csr's like this. intake of money can be good for the game, develops content updates, pays staff to attend to our needs, ect.. It's a win win for all and I dunno if Domino is part of the decision making process they have going on or just our luckiest break out of all this but this is quickly becoming FW's "best of times". Enjoy the ride

Meeh i doubt they ever "Hire" a new staff for a certain task.. even less for an old game.. lol
    What im sure they do is just move their current staff around between their games.. all that people that "get promoted" just means they get placed into staffing a better game..
    like Neverwinter.. or blacklight or something like that.. If u go read other games forums im sure u can see Lokisdottir.. or maybe even crabclaw.. like they were back when they were moved out of FW..
    I highly doubt the company actually go out and hires new staff constantly lol.. u said it yourself.. why bother? lol

And as for the patch.. i feel they don't really have a staff or hire anyone for it.. they must have some sort of agreement with the private servers or something.. i think they make the private servers do the translation or tests or w/e.. and they let the private server exist and PWE don't sue them for game piracy.. Lool
    I mean the private server said it in their website.. they had to delay THEIR patch because PWE delayed ours and made them delay theirs as well.. lol
    Pretty sure that is more than just courtesy..
    And all of the big latest patch have always been released close to each other between both servers.. and both had the same typos and errors.. lol

What is suspicious is they're suddenly giving away all of the game cash shop content for such cheap prices?? or even free.. from the anniversary..
    is like going from one extreme to the other.. a couple months ago.. we barely had sales and offers.. but there was still people playing and all..
    and now we have more sales and offers than people would ever need, and we still have the same people playing, just logging their 60 alts to claim free stuff.. lol
    people are maxing mastery/resistances faster here than on private servers lmao..

i mean, im maxing my stuff too.. but im more worried abt wether they're gonna close us in a couple months.. than i am to maxing my toons lol
    Most people just dont like seeing the bigger picture, all they care is maxing their toons.. and they are happily distracted with everything PWE throws at them..
    Like with the nova pack.. The day the nova pack was introduced.. i said we would have a rollback, because it was too much free stuff for too low price.. and people didnt think it was posible.. cuz crabclaw said this game was NEVER going to have a rollback.. 2 days later.. we got the rollback and everyone went ape **** mad because of it.. lol
    Im having a bad feeling abt all this free stuff again.. just this time it wont be just a few days rollback.. lol

• hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    < *Euphoric, Elated, Enthusiastic

p.s. just fix the god thing quickly okT;Applauding

my point is you still have a game that you are able to login to and play. also, domino is still here while others have been sh*t canned from their respective titles they overseen. with domino still here that means most of our bugs can somewhat be resolved. that alone is more valuable to our community than ppl fussing over orbs. Seems the only ones really complaining about the orbs are the snarky elitists that don't want people catching up to them.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • blazder
    blazder Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Meeh i doubt they ever "Hire" a new staff for a certain task.. even less for an old game.. lol
    What im sure they do is just move their current staff around between their games.. all that people that "get promoted" just means they get placed into staffing a better game..
    like Neverwinter.. or blacklight or something like that.. If u go read other games forums im sure u can see Lokisdottir.. or maybe even crabclaw.. like they were back when they were moved out of FW..
    I highly doubt the company actually go out and hires new staff constantly lol.. u said it yourself.. why bother? lol

And as for the patch.. i feel they don't really have a staff or hire anyone for it.. they must have some sort of agreement with the private servers or something.. i think they make the private servers do the translation or tests or w/e.. and they let the private server exist and PWE don't sue them for game piracy.. Lool
    I mean the private server said it in their website.. they had to delay THEIR patch because PWE delayed ours and made them delay theirs as well.. lol
    Pretty sure that is more than just courtesy..
    And all of the big latest patch have always been released close to each other between both servers.. and both had the same typos and errors.. lol

What is suspicious is they're suddenly giving away all of the game cash shop content for such cheap prices?? or even free.. from the anniversary..
    is like going from one extreme to the other.. a couple months ago.. we barely had sales and offers.. but there was still people playing and all..
    and now we have more sales and offers than people would ever need, and we still have the same people playing, just logging their 60 alts to claim free stuff.. lol
    people are maxing mastery/resistances faster here than on private servers lmao..

i mean, im maxing my stuff too.. but im more worried abt wether they're gonna close us in a couple months.. than i am to maxing my toons lol
    Most people just dont like seeing the bigger picture, all they care is maxing their toons.. and they are happily distracted with everything PWE throws at them..
    Like with the nova pack.. The day the nova pack was introduced.. i said we would have a rollback, because it was too much free stuff for too low price.. and people didnt think it was posible.. cuz crabclaw said this game was NEVER going to have a rollback.. 2 days later.. we got the rollback and everyone went ape **** mad because of it.. lol
    Im having a bad feeling abt all this free stuff again.. just this time it wont be just a few days rollback.. lol

I wana be more positive and think they just need money to push new content
    Also, do you realize that when they close RH, im pretty sure they gave back what ppl csed X amount of months befoee they closes it. So doing this type of sales where people spend a sht ton is very stupid if they are shutting us down soon.

Correction.... went back to RH foruns and this is what they did :
    Players who've been active within the past 30 days will have their past 6 months' worth of Zen purchased or transferred into Rusty Hearts credited into their Wallet. (This will take some time, but we'll let everyone know via email when it's ready) All Zen credited into the Wallet can be transferred into other games on Arc.

So.. yea.
  • _Avenger_ - Eyrda
    _Avenger_ - Eyrda Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    we could take the possitive way, maybe they realized making things cheaper might attrack new players to fw, n make ppl cs more, i mean even if you guys see this been cheap, cn has a 20 times cheaper leaf shop like $10=10k leafs there, they they r still up and strong!

i mean as long as ppl cs fw wont be shut down, and if this makes things more affordable that will make ppl cs more to max other things or keep rebuilding their toons.
  • Salynn - Lionheart
    Salynn - Lionheart Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I am giving up the idea of farming..

You can't farm in this game anyway. They broke GL and Wades made tons of things you get bound. It was broken way before this orb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkerlocust68
    edited April 2015
    Let's be honest fellow cs'rs, we complained often that they were not giving us a reason to charge and now they are. If they close us down after this it would alienate all of the said cs'rs from any pwe game. It makes no business sense to burn your bridges unless your declaring bankruptcy so I'm rolling with the good times here. Maybe they really just finally "get it".
This discussion has been closed.