Update: Orbs

garlaanx
garlaanx Posts: 58 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion
So, yes I know there are numerous topics on the orbs already, but most are updated with old info.. Some people didn't know the orbs were suspended for the day 0000-1200.. Just wanted to add newer info...Please don't merge this topic with another.

As it seems right now. The orb issue HAS been resolved. As of today 1500 (server time) All my lvl 60+ toons got their orbs.

My question is. What about the missing orbs from the past days? I only received 1 round of orbs that counted for today (3/31)

From the event start 3/27 to 3/30 - Still missing 2800 orbs personally.

Yes, I am very happy you guys figured out the issue and did in fact resolve it. However, what is the course of action? Are we just going to get orbs on all our toons for the last 2 days of the event? Or will there be some sort of reimbursement? Or... are those toons that didn't get their orbs for the past few days just S.O.L?

No, I'm not being greedy... Trust me, I am happy and appreciate the free orbs that I did get. I just want some answers, as well as everyone else.

I did leave the toons on for X amount of time to see if new orbs did come in from the past days, but no luck thus far.. I will double and triple check the accounts later again to make sure.

Discuss? Anyone else get their missing orbs? Or just their orbs from today?
Post edited by garlaanx on
Storm Server

[90] Inferno Vampire - Garlaanx

<TeamVISA> Guild Leader

Comments

• viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I got orbs for today on all the eligible toons, for the first time since the event started. I got more orbs today than all the orbs I have received in the last 5 days combined. :p

I think they're still working on the missing orbs from the past few days, Domino hasn't said anything about sending those out yet.
  • garlaanx
    edited March 2015
    viiix wrote: »
    I got orbs for today on all the eligible toons, for the first time since the event started. I got more orbs today than all the orbs I have received in the last 5 days combined. :p

I think they're still working on the missing orbs from the past few days, Domino hasn't said anything about sending those out yet.

Thank you for the info. Yes, I did see in one of the many other posts Domino had mentioned he would post something. So, I guess we will have to wait and see.

I just wanted some clarification on how the issue is going to be handled. If people are going to have to send in tickets with account/toon names... Or if they know who is missing orbs and who isn't... etc. Sounds like a pain :D Glad I don't have to deal with it!

Even if nothing is done and I take a loss of 2800 orbs. I'd still be happy with what I got. After all, they were all free... and you can't complaint about free stuff ;)
    Storm Server

<TeamVISA> Guild Leader
  • Thrashz - Storm Legion
    Thrashz - Storm Legion Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am now missing orbs on 3 chars that previously have gotten orbs before. -.-
    [SIGPIC]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/SJEK1990/SacrificeQuote_zps77979225.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    <Hero of Summit of Elements><Terminator of Dark Dragon>
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still not getting orbs - Completely close all your clients (Including Arc and Steam) and re open and try again. This is a caching issue and closing them clears any and all cached data.

Players missing orbs from previous days - We're working on getting them to you guys as promised. Just dont expect them to come in while the event is still live unfortunately. We'll have to address it afterwards to prevent any "Double Dipping"

Hope that helps :)
  • viiix
    edited March 2015
    Players missing orbs from previous days - We're working on getting them to you guys as promised. Just dont expect them to come in while the event is still live unfortunately. We'll have to address it afterwards to prevent any "Double Dipping"

Thanks for the update, Domino! The event is over tomorrow, so we can expect the orbs the day after, right? Riiight? ;p

jkjk, I know it probably won't be that fast. Looking forward to it, though.
  • garlaanx
    edited March 2015
    Still not getting orbs - Completely close all your clients (Including Arc and Steam) and re open and try again. This is a caching issue and closing them clears any and all cached data.

Thank You Dom for such a quick reply. That is great news. I will await further instructions down the road then for the missing orbs <3

Thank you again
    Storm Server

<TeamVISA> Guild Leader
  • hollome
    hollome Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For those missing orbs from previous days, do we send a ticket in or do they already know who didn't receive them?
  • thenamesdomino
    edited March 2015
    hollome wrote: »
    For those missing orbs from previous days, do we send a ticket in or do they already know who didn't receive them?

No.

We will be handling that.

Ask again AFTER we've given the rewards out to the players who missed them while the issue was active.
  • lolnotyfg
    lolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Keep up the good work. Everyone appreciates your effort and communication. Thanks.
  • coalsaw
    coalsaw Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2015

For the ones that still don't receive the orbs even after the ''fix''.

When I logged 20 min ago, I wasn't getting orbs, I desinstalled Arc and reinstalled it, logged in with this account, and now the toons that weren't receiving any orbs got some.

Arc started getting buggy since the weekend (taking lot of time to start, crashing when trying to start FW), dont know if the issues are related.
  • lunadanab
    lunadanab Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Still not getting orbs .. i did close Arc completely as well as log out and back in ..Im perplexed and advice Domino?

• coalsaw
    edited March 2015
    lunadanab wrote: »
    Still not getting orbs .. i did close Arc completely as well as log out and back in ..Im perplexed and advice Domino?

Try to desisntall and reinstall arc (when asked, dont delete the game). It will take 5 min and you will see if it will help.
  • thenamesdomino
    edited March 2015
    You dont need to uninstall. Just completely exiting out of Arc the restarting should suffice.
  • viiix
    edited March 2015
    Some people are saying that they got 500 orbs on alts (???), is this the retroactive orbs being sent out?
  • JacindaJon - Lionheart
    JacindaJon - Lionheart Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015

full thx for the update sweety, also that for ur great effort on help us, PWE need more people like u <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No 1 care about you... only u.
  • coalsaw
    edited March 2015
    You dont need to uninstall. Just completely exiting out of Arc the restarting should suffice.

Sorry, but it didn't work till I desinstalled arc and reinstalled it so...
  • thenamesdomino
    edited March 2015
    viiix wrote: »
    Some people are saying that they got 500 orbs on alts (???), is this the retroactive orbs being sent out?

not to my knowledge
  • viiix
    edited March 2015
    not to my knowledge

Huh. I guess there's a bug in orbs being sent out, then. At least everyone's getting orbs, even if they're getting way more than they should xD
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Where is arc's cache stored? So we can make sure it is clearing the cache.

Nevermind found it.

Arc > tmp
    FW folder > cache

Close client/arc, clear both folders, login with arc. Bypass didn't work till I logged in with arc once.

edit:
    I had to clear the arc tmp folder a few times while logging in all my toons. Did one account with arc logged in and one account via the bypass, didn't matter either way; still had to clear arc's tmp folder a few times to get all my toons done.
  • coalsaw
    edited March 2015
    eberg33k wrote: »
    Where is arc's cache stored? So we can make sure it is clearing the cache.

Nevermind found it.

Arc > tmp
    FW folder > cache

Close client/arc, clear both folders, login with arc. Bypass didn't work till I logged in with arc once.

edit:
    I had to clear the arc tmp folder a few times while logging in all my toons. Did one account with arc logged in and one account via the bypass, didn't matter either way; still had to clear arc's tmp folder a few times to get all my toons done.

Probably why it worked with dessinstall since it forced the cache off.

Nice to know... well would have been better friday XD
  • AeonRuin - Lionheart
    AeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So since this event started, my only account has only been getting one set of orbs between my two eligible toons. So in order for both my toons to get the orbs, I have to collect them once on one toon then completely close down arc and log into the other toon?
  • rayray823
    rayray823 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have tried all that has been suggested.. nothing worked. My Prot got the equivalent of 2 days worth of orbs, my demon got the same.. my reaper got the equivalent of 3 days worth. Guess we just have to wait and see if they come in the near future.
  • Armenthys - Lionheart
    Armenthys - Lionheart Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just in case this helps,
    2 of my alts (lv 61 and lv62) did not receive any orbs since the event started, some others just missed one day. Anyway, after leveling the one on lvl 61 and change characters both of my alts received orbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Emotions always interfere with logic.
  • AeonRuin - Lionheart
    AeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Frankly, my concerns lie elsewhere than the missing orbs.

Memory Pearls.

As we all know, the NPC for these pearls has been chilling next to Otis, probably flipping a Token of Faith back and forth to each other, who knows. Anywho, I am wondering how these Memory Pearls are going to be distributed, whether they are gonna be bound, how how many one toon is able to collect, and how long they'll be around for? All we know so far is that the NPC is in game, just not the items.

Hopefully, the FW staff is on top of this and doesn't botch it like the orbs because frankly, Gem Flare Cards are 25 and mounts are 500 or so. You tell me what you're going to buy if you obtained 500 Memory Pearls.
  • garlaanx
    edited April 2015
    Frankly, my concerns lie elsewhere than the missing orbs.

Memory Pearls.

As we all know, the NPC for these pearls has been chilling next to Otis, probably flipping a Token of Faith back and forth to each other, who knows. Anywho, I am wondering how these Memory Pearls are going to be distributed, whether they are gonna be bound, how how many one toon is able to collect, and how long they'll be around for? All we know so far is that the NPC is in game, just not the items.

Hopefully, the FW staff is on top of this and doesn't botch it like the orbs because frankly, Gem Flare Cards are 25 and mounts are 500 or so. You tell me what you're going to buy if you obtained 500 Memory Pearls.

This has nothing to do with orbs. Go make a new topic if you want to discuss the Memory Pearls.

This topic can also be locked now when able - Domino has responded, no need to further get into the orbs until Domino makes a post with instructions on how to get our missing orbs.

Thank You in advance.
    Storm Server

<TeamVISA> Guild Leader
  • cheymon69
    cheymon69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So,yesterday i did finally get orbs on chars that didnt get them before,only 1 alt was missing out for 1 day. But after maintenance again 2 chars didnt get their orbs today :( I hope it will be fixed soon....i just love opening orbs ;)
    Further more i need to say thanks Domino for trying the best you can !!
  • ffapocalypse
    ffapocalypse Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got everything yesterday after only getting on 1 per acct previously.

Today got on some not others so far and cache-clearing did not fix.

UPDATE - I'm getting on most and it's very odd the ones I'm not getting on - I'm unable to see any pattern.
  • garlaanx
    edited April 2015
    Got everything yesterday after only getting on 1 per acct previously.

Today got on some not others so far and cache-clearing did not fix.

yea, everything was fine yesterday.. all toons got orbs.. then today after mait, boom broke again
    Storm Server

<TeamVISA> Guild Leader
  • strudykisses
    strudykisses Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still missing orbs from yesterday xd, wierd recieve today orbs.I only got 3 patch gift orbs
    Strudy
  • PoPxTart - Lionheart
    PoPxTart - Lionheart Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    had no problems with orbs till now =_= now half of my accs isnt receiving anything...
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34718012001&dateline=1429303178[/SIGPIC]

<Forever with AlexejRomanov>
    PoPxTart - lvl 90 Wind Bard
    UsagiDrops - lvl 90 Frost Mage
    LimeBunnie - lvl 90 Divine Priest