About this orb mess..

iaeoni
iaeoni Posts: 14 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
I know everyone loves free stuff but does anyone else find this event a bit much?
Watch world chat and you will see a constant stream of people spamming orbs.

There are many people who have upwards of 50+ toons eligible to get the 100 orbs daily for this event, that's thousands of orbs. Then there are average players who focus on a main toon and maybe couple alts. Not only is this extremely unfair to the average and new players but it will also have a large impact on the game because all of the items from the orbs are unbound. It will definitely effect the in game economy and create unbalance. The gap between the power players and the average/new players will widen significantly. Keep in mind some of the items that these drop: mast/resist pages, flare gem cards, ToF's, amethyst/sapphire crystals. To name a few and it's all unbound.

This is not a qq thread just putting my opinion out there on the impact this will have. I think they should have limited it to each account and not every 60+ character, that would have drastically minimized the impact and made things a little more fair imo.

So what are your guys thoughts on this? is the distribution method fair? and what effects will it have on the game, if any?
Post edited by iaeoni on

Comments

• drnase
    drnase Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    finally something happens against the exploit of prices for sahpir scrolls...
    and the pet isnt that beautiful as it seems :D
    and free gems (gem card) nothing new
    and tof.... ok bit much but wont irritate the balancing....
    and other things like mastery / resi , sc and so on had really bad prices too

greetz
    Dont worry, be happy
  • duan83
    duan83 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iaeoni wrote: »
    I know everyone loves free stuff but does anyone else find this event a bit much?

There are many people who have upwards of 50+ toons eligible to get the 100 orbs daily for this event, that's thousands of orbs. Then there are average players who focus on a main toon and maybe couple alts. Not only is this extremely unfair to the average and new players but it will also have a large impact on the game because all of the items from the orbs are unbound. It will definitely effect the in game economy and create unbalance. The gap between the power players and the average/new players will widen significantly. Keep in mind some of the items that these drop: mast/resist pages, flare gem cards, ToF's, amethyst/sapphire crystals. To name a few and it's all unbound.

This is not a qq thread just putting my opinion out there on the impact this will have. I think they should have limited it to each account and not every 60+ character, that would have drastically minimized the impact and made things a little more fair imo.

So what are your guys thoughts on this? is the distribution method fair? and what effects will it have on the game, if any?

Whatever.... Most important thing is what will other non English speaking server getting from this anniversary rather than QQ about the gazillion alts. The non English speaking server also our friends, we should ask PWE to focus how to be fair to them.
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    duan83 wrote: »
    Whatever.... Most important thing is what will other non English speaking server getting from this anniversary rather than QQ about the gazillion alts. The non English speaking server also our friends, we should ask PWE to focus how to be fair to them.

this post gave me faith again about the fact that not all players are self centered and have a sens of fair play!

to all player saying the opposit : if,for exemple, only storm had this, would you try to make me believe eyrda people would have said nothing???? this is probably the biggest BS i have ever seen on fw!! cause this time it is intended by the staff!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Before reading the next part, understand i'm not justifying anything or saying we deserve this event more etc.

It is unfair, we all get tons of mastery/resis for free, the ToF's are practically useless but the mastery/resistance is gamebreaking.. But in the past it was already proven that the english servers have different staff, i have seen codes for exclusive 'fashion' items coming by jsut for DE/FR. Milas can still bug the hell out of cross server and the english 'leaders' are not batting an eye to that. This is not the place to complain about this issue, the FR/DE 'leaders' are the people who organized the event for your servers and probably had bad communications with the 'english leaders'.

I understand your frustration and i know its unfair but you do udnerstand it's not our fault right? Neither is it the fault of the english staff, they implemented it in the servers which they controll and idk if they can do much more than that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    edited March 2015
    so i will repeat myself : when i ask the fr staff, they said they were NOT ALLOWED by the us staff to give more than 1 orb for the fisrt 2000 (same code for 3 server, so first 2000 of those 3, with tr beeing up 1 our early)

And please show me ONE event we had with something good to win? The only thing i won from those in the past year was "10 ginger bread"...

finally : all anniversary were the same, only a few cs event were sometimes esclusive to one or an other...

token of faith useless???? mmmmhhhhhmmmm LOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u can buy re id scroll, cs pots and some more "useless" stuff....

u guys are getting 1000 of dollars worth of orbs, do you realize????

And no i dont blame the players! i only wish we could be more emphatic to each other sometimes...

BUT i blame the compagny and every one who is representing it! I don t have the name of who is to blame : give it to me and I will let domino alone !

But as long as i get the " this is not our fault" from fr staff and same here, i will be a very mad fire mage ;)

ps : dont worry i am spamming fr forum and fb too; But at the end of the day, this is the same game, same compagny, we share the same x server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Didnt mean to offend you in any way and i said it's not cmparable, i ment that it as we always had different events and different staff members.

Believe me i'm all up for the other servers sharing this event, but tbh i think this is communication errors between the US and europe teams which has to be corrected with you guys getting the same event asap. That would be my solution at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • witamin1907
    witamin1907 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I know there's been some confusion as to if any of the EU servers are getting the Login Anniversary Rewards, so I thought I would clear the air.

Starting today and running through until 4/1/2015 All Enligh Language servers including Illyfue and Nyos servers will be receiving special Login Anniversary Rewards!

Really ? FR and GE servers get orbs its fine BUT HOW ABOUT TR MİLAS ?

WE havent any damn event including orbs Screenshot events NOTHİNG JUST NOTHİNG

Domino WHY milas server have any kind of anniversary event ?????

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

our Gm's ARE LAZY .....................

Divine Priest
    lNZTl
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    edited March 2015
    Didnt mean to offend you in any way and i said it's not cmparable, i ment that it as we always had different events and different staff members.

Believe me i'm all up for the other servers sharing this event, but tbh i think this is communication errors between the US and europe teams which has to be corrected with you guys getting the same event asap. That would be my solution at least.

dont worry, i was not offended in any way by your post, i want you guys to realise the situation we are in: they all give the blame to the other side.

I know you are a fair player :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Campino - Illyfue
    Campino - Illyfue Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited March 2015

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Divine Priest
    lNZTl

You have the exploit.. Thats enough xdd
  • kuukami
    kuukami Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iaeoni wrote: »

I am one of those on my server that has only a couple of accounts and not all those characters are eligible.

Personally, I think it's fine. If these people went to the trouble to get their characters to level 60 in the first place, then heck yeah, they should get the orbs.

From what I've seen on my toons masteries are few, resistances a bit more, but mostly ToFs and sapphire/amethyst crystals. I haven't seen that many gem cards drop in WC and the pet, well just a non-issue really.

In game economy will even out eventually as it always does.

It just amazes me the negativity about this anniversary event. The company FINALLY does something that is fun and actually really nice and players still find reasons to poke at it.

Anyways, back to game to find bank space for all this stuff!
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2015

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Divine Priest
    lNZTl

You have xserver exploit and have had it for almost a year now. you dont need or deserve anything. They should really just shut ur server down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • witamin1907
    edited March 2015
    You have xserver exploit and have had it for almost a year now. you dont need or deserve anything. They should really just shut ur server down.

maybe you should shut your mouth . WE all send ticket everyday everyweek everymonth
    What happened ? NO1 CARE they are so lazy to close a simple bug

SO pls shut your mouth !!!
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    edited March 2015
    maybe you should shut your mouth . WE all send ticket everyday everyweek everymonth
    What happened ? NO1 CARE they are so lazy to close a simple bug

SO pls shut your mouth !!!

Its cos they dont care about your server, hence why no rewards for you. Server full of douches exploiting day and night.

Get used to the fact your one of the newer servers launched 3 years after original ones, so yeh, ur like an unwanted child.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kaiyu - Illyfue
    Kaiyu - Illyfue Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    First of all, people from the Turkish server have ZERO RIGHTS to complain about ANYTHING.

Because of that beautiful exploit they have with the daily reset. You do not deserve anything, you don't have the right to demand anything. You have been having a nice life without any bans or consequences for a year now. So just don't even...

Secondly, in general, anyone who is complaining about the anniversary orbs should really just shut their mouths now, like I'm not kidding, shut up right now. Because this anniversary has given many undergeared people huge opportunities to work on their mastery and resistances and basically get better and actually have a shot at something.

This anniversary is the only good thing the FW Staff has pulled off in 3 years. I can't believe people are complaining even about that... Fml... What is wrong with you all? You should be thanking the staff, not bitching at them.

The only thing that sucks imo, is that yes some servers who should also get this aren't benefiting from it, like Shylia and Dyos (?).

If someone has multiple toons at 60+ and is taking advantage of this, it's their every right to, cos guess what these people are probably also the only ones contribute back to it by keeping the market alive with their check-in alts...
    sekrits, she's got sekrits in her hair...

I <3 Dragonica T;Cool

Lv90 Divine Priest
  • witamin1907
    edited March 2015
    Its cos they dont care about your server, hence why no rewards for you. Server full of douches exploiting day and night.

Get used to the fact your one of the newer servers launched 3 years after original ones, so yeh, ur like an unwanted child.

not only milas shylia and dyos too
    open your eyes dont be idiot
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's not turn this into a server war eh?

I've never heard of the US staff "not allowing" the other staff to do something. Are you sure the FR/DE staff isn't just saying that, or saying it out of miscommunication? Not trying to call them liars or anything, I've just never heard of a situation like that. I could be wrong.

As for the multiple accounts, as long as they don't have more than two accounts logged in at a time, there is really no rule against the number of accounts. Sucks sometimes especially with events like this, but if they really want to go through the trouble of logging all of those accounts to get the rewards, more power to them. I don't quite agree with it, and there is a possibility of some imbalance, but since there is no ruling against it, it's not something I'd get up in arms over.

They used to limit it to one account in the past, but in my opinion that kind of sucked for people who worked on multiple characters on one account. I know on my two accounts I have at least 2 characters I regularly play on, so it's nice knowing I can get the rewards on all my regular characters, and not be stuck between choosing two of them.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    edited March 2015
    Let's not turn this into a server war eh?

I've never heard of the US staff "not allowing" the other staff to do something. Are you sure the FR/DE staff isn't just saying that, or saying it out of miscommunication? Not trying to call them liars or anything, I've just never heard of a situation like that. I could be wrong.

As for the multiple accounts, as long as they don't have more than two accounts logged in at a time, there is really no rule against the number of accounts. Sucks sometimes especially with events like this, but if they really want to go through the trouble of logging all of those accounts to get the rewards, more power to them. I don't quite agree with it, and there is a possibility of some imbalance, but since there is no ruling against it, it's not something I'd get up in arms over.

They used to limit it to one account in the past, but in my opinion that kind of sucked for people who worked on multiple characters on one account. I know on my two accounts I have at least 2 characters I regularly play on, so it's nice knowing I can get the rewards on all my regular characters, and not be stuck between choosing two of them.

How could i know that our cm is a liar?

the only thing i can be sur, this is totally unfair and has to be change asap. Dont tell me that server that share the same x server cant be deal with the same way.

You all know you would be in the exact same stat of mine if it was you ;)

(i would have said something if only us server had it and no eu, but i would not have made it such a big deal: considering some eu server does and other doesnt, this cant just be ignored by anyone)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I myself think this should probably be rolled back as its ridiculously OP. The reason I say this is because i'm not even through half my check in alts alone, and I have over 50D FREE in resists. That makes me angry knowing I am getting this and other players are to.
    "Oh hey guys lets all go throw you enough resist scrolls to get at least 80 across the board"
    ~Seriously? I didn't realise we were playing a private server where EVERYTHING is handed to you?

If they had of made the **** like scrolls of mast/resist and other stuff BOUND it wouldn't be so bad.. But since event started wc has been spammed so hardcore with these orbs, if i'm getting that much so is some other people... This is BEYOND game breaking and should DEFF be rolled back.

It's not just the mast/resist scrolls either. They gave us the power to 12/12 mass alts.
    They gave the power to lvl 3 wing a bunch of toons with crystals. I have collected enough of the ragefire/bloodstone light things to get over 10 lvl 4 gems..

Please tell me again how this is not broken? This is the 2nd day only..

By the end of this I predict I have enough resist scrolls to get over 400D free in resistances.. Thanks pwe for seriously giving the hard working player base a big **** you.. This event is the worst thing they could have done.. I only hope.. no, I BEG YOU.. roll this back.. don't hand out majority of the servers who are getting this as much as you are.. you will in the end lose out big time in profits because NO ONE will need to cs anymore...

Please roll this back asap.. I am literally on my knees begging you :/
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    edited March 2015
    not only milas shylia and dyos too
    open your eyes dont be idiot

I wasnt talking about other servers, just urs.
    I myself think this should probably be rolled back as its ridiculously OP. The reason I say this is because i'm not even through half my check in alts alone, and I have over 50D FREE in resists. That makes me angry knowing I am getting this and other players are to.
    "Oh hey guys lets all go throw you enough resist scrolls to get at least 80 across the board"
    ~Seriously? I didn't realise we were playing a private server where EVERYTHING is handed to you?

I dont see the issue here, it was same when Novapack happened, Pretty much everyone has an alt or few accounts, most did it to redeem gift codes via arc.

If this makes the general population closer gear wise to the elite = more competition.

Ofcourse it sucks, if you throw thousands and thousands of real money in a game, but no one forced you to.

Also sucks that some legit servers like DE/FR arent getting the event, but coming here and calling out PWE Na/EU isnt gonna help your cause, as they dont run events for your servers. I would raise it with your GM/Admins there.

You dont go complain to different macdonald's if you bought a crappy burger from another one, do you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Celennes - Illyfue
    Celennes - Illyfue Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sharii69 wrote: »

If they had of made the **** like scrolls of mast/resist and other stuff BOUND it wouldn't be so bad.. But since event started wc has been spammed so hardcore with these orbs, if i'm getting that much so is some other people... This is BEYOND game breaking and should DEFF be rolled back.

It's not just the mast/resist scrolls either. They gave us the power to 12/12 mass alts.
    They gave the power to lvl 3 wing a bunch of toons with crystals. I have collected enough of the ragefire/bloodstone light things to get over 10 lvl 4 gems..

Please tell me again how this is not broken? This is the 2nd day only..

By the end of this I predict I have enough resist scrolls to get over 400D free in resistances.. Thanks pwe for seriously giving the hard working player base a big **** you.. This event is the worst thing they could have done.. I only hope.. no, I BEG YOU.. roll this back.. don't hand out majority of the servers who are getting this as much as you are.. you will in the end lose out big time in profits because NO ONE will need to cs anymore...

Please roll this back asap.. I am literally on my knees begging you :/

Well tbh you earned all that, you levelled so many 60 alts and you deserve it.. And this is still not so OP for majority anyways, I might get 15d in resistances and 3-4d after this event ends.. didn't make me so OP. But I'll enjoy what they give us and it's a decent boost and don't care if some people got 400d+ on their stats, good for them ;o
    Celennes - Level 90 frost mage. New sig coming "soon". | <Balerion Slayer> |
    <Hero of Summit of Elements> |
  • mausemix
    mausemix Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I'm not exactly sure which statement baltha is referring to, but what I know for sure is that whenever there is an issue/question/demand on our side the EU CMs always tell us that they can't do squat without the permission of the US staff. So ye...

But I also think that miscommunication takes a huge part in this. The problem seems to be, that they just don't seem to care... I mean our CM said that they realize the way they did it was a mistake... but they show no effort at all to work this whole mess out...
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    edited March 2015
    mausemix wrote: »

But I also think that miscommunication takes a huge part in this. The problem seems to be, that they just don't seem to care... I mean our CM said that they realize the way they did it was a mistake... but they show no effort at all to work this whole mess out...

So basically your CM screwed the event up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2015
    How could i know that our cm is a liar?

the only thing i can be sur, this is totally unfair and has to be change asap. Dont tell me that server that share the same x server cant be deal with the same way.

You all know you would be in the exact same stat of mine if it was you ;)

(i would have said something if only us server had it and no eu, but i would not have made it such a big deal: considering some eu server does and other doesnt, this cant just be ignored by anyone)

The way I see it, this probably goes beyond the realm of NA Forsaken World staff. Croxe and Dom probably don't have control over the design of the event. I think that might fall upon the PWE sales team. I mean yeah Croxe and Dom probably helped with ideas and everything, but as far as selection of who gets it, it may have been beyond their control.

The reason why some of the EU servers got it is probably because those are all servers that primarily use the NA/EU version of FW (I could be wrong, but that's what it seems like). The FR/DE version(s), due to having a different language and everything, might have been a bit more limited, per decision of the sales team (if that's what the event decision falls upon).

I won't deny, I would be a little upset if it was flipped around, but I wouldn't blame the NA FW staff. I also understand that there are some times where certain servers get things and others do not.

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    edited March 2015
    if our cm say : "i cant do it, i wasnt allowed by the us" what can we do? stfu? hmmm, no thx;

or take all those new private server out of our x server, and put them with the us private server to compete with, and leave us alone ^^

ps : i will miss illyfue, even if you guys are on powerdrug now^^

you know the "tour de france", imaging now that the people who organize allow some team to take drugs, and not some other? what would you think about it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    if our cm say : "i cant do it, i wasnt allowed by the us" what can we do? stfu? hmmm, no thx;

or take all those new private server out of our x server, and put them with the us private server to compete with, and leave us alone ^^

Oh I'm not saying you shouldn't say anything at all. I'm just saying in this case the blame might be pointed in the wrong direction. The NA FW staff might not be able to do anything in this specific situation.

• BalthazarF - Shylia
    edited March 2015
    But if the eu staff say " we cant do anything, we have no control it s the us" and then the us say "we have no control in this, it s the eu" what do we do?????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    But if the eu staff say " we cant do anything, we have no control it s the us" and then the us say "we have no control in this, it s the eu" what do we do?????

Unfortunately not much can be done except try contacting PWE directly.

• BalthazarF - Shylia
    edited March 2015
    that s what im doing by coming into different forums, asking for fair play and looking for the personn who can make the right call. I dont know where he is, so i look everywhere i can. Here is one of the possible place he could hide ahah^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    that s what im doing by coming into different forums, asking for fair play and looking for the personn who can make the right call. I dont know where he is, so i look everywhere i can. Here is one of the possible place he could hide ahah^^

I definitely understand the frustration. Hopefully Dom will be able to shed a bit more light on the reasoning behind the English server only deal.

You could try emailing the address in my signature and see if they have any insight on it. (Probably not with their track record but it's worth a try)

I'm all for the idea of going through the different forums to try and find an answer. Just try to keep it clean and not cause any discontent alright? :) (This goes for everyone, not directed at any specific person or persons)

• BalthazarF - Shylia
    edited March 2015
    i ll try my best ^^ i want to be rude, and really i am bitting my tongue a lot^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]