Freedom Harbor

chriupi007
chriupi007 Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Is Freedom Harbor (occupied by storm legion) inaccessible forever?

I just updated game and logged in and... what?
Post edited by chriupi007 on

Comments

• drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    - When the expansion drops, all zones that you are in from Levels 1-60 will have been taken over by the Storm Legion, kicking out every toon who's been occupying that area, back to their new Lands of Origin. This means if you had a character in Freedom Harbor, when you log in after the expansion, they will spawn in the new starting zone.

been like this since the expansion
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    drakenfyre wrote: »

Anyone feel that with the reduction in zones and instances and choices, this was more of a contraction than an expansion?
  • navarne
    navarne Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    the latest content update in China has players returning to FH (yay!).

the tag line for the expansion is something like, "We're going home."
  • Vulkon - Eyrda
    Vulkon - Eyrda Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chriupi007 wrote: »
    Is Freedom Harbor (occupied by storm legion) inaccessible forever?

I just updated game and logged in and... what?

They were asking if the "Occupied by Storm Legion" areas were gone FOREVER. Not if they were gone now. If they were asking if they were gone now they wouldnt have known to put (occupied by storm legion). Also, same question - I doubt anyone actually -knows- if these areas are going to be gone forever or not, but it'd be interesting to find out if those places on the map will be blanked out (as opposed to big red ugly things all over the map) or if more of the map is going to be filled out (as opposed to random islands showing up). Any knowledge would be appreciated :P even if it is an "i dont know"
  • JamrilArroway - Storm Legion
    JamrilArroway - Storm Legion Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    They were asking if the "Occupied by Storm Legion" areas were gone FOREVER. Not if they were gone now. If they were asking if they were gone now they wouldnt have known to put (occupied by storm legion). Also, same question - I doubt anyone actually -knows- if these areas are going to be gone forever or not, but it'd be interesting to find out if those places on the map will be blanked out (as opposed to big red ugly things all over the map) or if more of the map is going to be filled out (as opposed to random islands showing up). Any knowledge would be appreciated :P even if it is an "i dont know"

Well the region will be back (see CN server), the question being if game will be still up for next patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well the region will be back (see CN server), the question being if game will be still up for next patch.

You recropped it! <3333

Also yeah, CN got an event where you slowly beat back the Storm Legion and regain the areas lost. Should be fun, except I'm not sure if any of our servers have the population to actually do it lol
  • chriupi007
    chriupi007 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i miss my daily quests T;Frozen
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chriupi007 wrote: »
    i miss my daily quests T;Frozen

Most of the daily quests from FH has moved to NF (knowledge quiz, study, Henries, perf, etc.), so you just have to walk around a little more and you can find them. Stuff like GL and Wades are smushed together, though.
  • LaoLao - Illyfue
    LaoLao - Illyfue Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    - When the expansion drops, all zones that you are in from Levels 1-60 will have been taken over by the Storm Legion, kicking out every toon who's been occupying that area, back to their new Lands of Origin. This means if you had a character in Freedom Harbor, when you log in after the expansion, they will spawn in the new starting zone.

(take this with "relax")

That is no really true... See:

fks8bn.jpg

Just taken some hours (or minutes) ago. Do you remember that bed? (in one ship... in one island... )

So, yes ... the Nightmare Island is STILL there... (my little Alty have a full map for her alone :P )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Some times just a witch, no a simple mage of ice age)
  • drakenfyre
    edited March 2015
    (take this with "relax")

That is no really true... See:

fks8bn.jpg

Just taken some hours (or minutes) ago. Do you remember that bed? (in one ship... in one island... )

So, yes ... the Nightmare Island is STILL there... (my little Alty have a full map for her alone :P )

I just did a c/p from the patch notes, if they are wrong I'd let domino know
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just did a c/p from the patch notes, if they are wrong I'd let domino know

I wonder how you keep your sanity at times.. :D
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • drakenfyre
    edited March 2015
    I wonder how you keep your sanity at times.. :D

who says I still have it? :D
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    who says I still have it? :D

She lost it in the great war.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • AlariaAmnell - Storm Legion
    AlariaAmnell - Storm Legion Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi to everyone. I just want to put it my opinion on the new expansion. I think the new areas and demon class are good, so that is what I like about the game now. However, what I don't like is that there is this HUGE area that is now controlled by the Storm Legion that we can't even go to or even fight back. What the hell were we even fighting for if the game developers allowed the enemy to gain so much territory?! I just don't understand what the point of it is...are we going to be able to go back to that area and plot of the game at some point? Also, I don't get shards from main quest anymore to get decent armor, what was it just too easy for people to be able to get decent (blue) armour? I really liked that you could earn shards to get better armor, but now I can't do that anymore. Is there another way that I haven't looked in to to get better armor? (I have just been a casual player over my 4 years of playing, and Guilds got soured for me pretty early on, so I haven't been in one since)

There are barely any main quests anymore either...or do they pick up again when you get to a certain level?? I know the main quests were repetitive, but there were so many to do and now there are hardly any...for me the game is getting a little boring....I miss all those old quests. I mean most of my characters were below level 50, so I never completed the higher level quests and was just starting to get into them with some of my older characters. Yes, I have a lot of characters, and some people may think that is pathetic, but I love this game so much and wanted to try out as many different characters as I could. I was even able to play new expansion with no issues for 2 to 3 days and create new female and male demons (a race and class I really like btw), but after that I couldn't get into the game anymore after I click Start. I tried a lot of the fixes, but they didn't work, so I got frustrated and uninstalled FW and now slowly reinstalling. I also really liked that you could get a random free fashion set and now that is gone too...kind of sad bc i don't really have the money to be buying fashions like a lot of other people...and the boutique has really reduced the fashions available for some reason...and the other system for getting a lot of the original fashion (if that even still exists) seems like overkill to me.

This game has really been going downhill for me after this recent expansion (which I thought was going to be really awesome and I was so excited when the new patches were finished), and its a shame because I really love this game and my characters. I put a lot of time, love and some money into this game and my characters and I hope after the reinstall and at a certain lvl the game will get better for me, but right now its confusing and a real letdown for me. This recent expansion has made it impossible for me to play at this time because I can't get in to play to see if it will get fun for me again. So I hope GMs can fix these issues and I can play again (problem free) when I get the game back on my computer. So, that is all I have to say...from a VERY loyal FW fan! :)
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Cataclysm themes since wow are now number 1 priority in everygame and especialy in a copycat CN

BTW u miss quests but did u even read them or just skiped thru?
This discussion has been closed.