X-Server

drakenfyre
drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
OK, two threads now have been removed about the X-Server glitch. believe it or not they have been reported. If you want to report them send your proof to a mod or domino so we can report it instead of removing them.

You post that you want something done about it, but yet open the door for a discussion on how to actually do it, somewhat counter productive if you ask me.
Post edited by Unknown User on
Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
I do not have the staff on speed dial
Insanity Runs Downhill
2v3ld35.jpg

Comments

• sobe25
    sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is counterproductive to post about, but for the last few days its been shouted in Storm's WC on how to do it by many different people. It is, unfortunately, not a secret at all.
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    sobe25 wrote: »
    It is counterproductive to post about, but for the last few days its been shouted in Storm's WC on how to do it by many different people. It is, unfortunately, not a secret at all.

so you're suggesting that it be posted in here to just to make the situation worse?
    just asking so that the next time a thread shows up we can just ignore it
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • w1ck3dnick
    w1ck3dnick Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There are minors that reads this forum.

Please do not promote cheating.

as i mentioned on the other post, If many players uses that cheat, that does mean we all have to do it. We do not.

Please temporary banned for a week those players that abuses a bug.
  • sobe25
    sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I didn't start any thread on this subject nor am I in any means wanting more people to do it. I'm just stating its urgency because if they take forever to fix things, it will be exponentially worse by then.
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • jamesmcm15
    jamesmcm15 Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sobe25 wrote: »
    I didn't start any thread on this subject nor am I in any means wanting more people to do it. I'm just stating its urgency because if they take forever to fix things, it will be exponentially worse by then.

Like I stated before, I honestly don't think that anything will be done, they will just let them get away with it like always.
  • w1ck3dnick
    w1ck3dnick Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i guess as long as you bring the matter to everyones attention is not endorsing it.

We all have to report those cheaters.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We are watching.
  • yewmad
    yewmad Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We are watching.

just going to leave this here...

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5000721&postcount=2

"AdmCroxe 06-12-2014, 04:23 PM
    This exploit will be closed next week. I highly recommend not not testing my patience between now and next week. If you show up in my logs exploiting this glitch after being warned twice...you will be a very sad panda.

We will be banning people to remove the advantage they they hoped to gain. The bans are not permanent, but you will not be playing for a long time. We're in the process of banning the forerunners, once that is done we will be working backwards to verify that top players are legitimately gaining their levels.

You cheat, I don't care how much money you spent on the game, you personally ruined the experience for all the other players. That behavior will not be tolerated. You will be punished. I even tried to warn you to stop. Only a very very very small handful of people heeded my warning. This was very disappointing and tells me that things have been too lenient in the past.

Cheaters hurt honest players by cheating. They do not need honest players coming to their defense. You reap what you sow. They deserved to be punished. We will not be wrist slapping for this.

There were players that stumbled upon the exploit. Realized that the thing they did was a bug, and stopped on their own volition. Those players did the right thing. Then there were the players that discovered the exploit, and repeatedly performed the actions needed 200+ times a day. These types of players will be punished appropriately."

this was from the xserver xp exploit that NOONE got banned for even after it was announced.

not to mention this isn't even a new exploit its been around just now the reward is greater
  • ffapocalypse
    ffapocalypse Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hope you're watching the new tactic of broadcasting a how-to on the exploit as cover by those who are using it.
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yewmad wrote: »
    just going to leave this here...

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=5000721&postcount=2

this was from the xserver xp exploit that NOONE got banned for even after it was announced.

+1

aswell many other exploits happened nothing was ever done about & lots never mentioned by forums, by the actions that have came so far it is allowed to exploit, whatever tos or whoever sais.
    I get that you're supposed to say it's not allowed and i'm wrong but why have no action been taken before then, even when it's said it WILL be taken (yet hasn't)

Action> empty words (which any player in FW have seen alot)

As a player, how should we think about the matter, when we know we get a huge advantage by using this, and earlier everytime we saw other players "exploiting" we didn't do it cause we thought it was an exploit = punishable, but time after time it's been rewarded to exploit instead of choosing the "not exploiting way"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • askibites
    askibites Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    good to know u guys are aware of it now...
  • CaptainUndies - Storm Legion
    CaptainUndies - Storm Legion Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    can you let us know ASAP if there will be a rollback? i dont wanna play until it happens and have all my progress go to waste
  • serenity234876
    serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    +1

aswell many other exploits happened nothing was ever done about & lots never mentioned by forums, by the actions that have came so far it is allowed to exploit, whatever tos or whoever sais.
    I get that you're supposed to say it's not allowed and i'm wrong but why have no action been taken before then, even when it's said it WILL be taken (yet hasn't)

As a player, how should we think about the matter, when we know we get a huge advantage by using this, and earlier everytime we saw other players "exploiting" we didn't do it cause we thought it was an exploit = punishable, but time after time it's been rewarded to exploit instead of choosing the "not exploiting way"

couldnt of said it better
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    +1

This.

You can't expect your kid to not put their hands in the cookie jar when you don't punish them for doing so.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This.

You can't expect your kid to not put their hands in the cookie jar when you don't punish them for doing so.

Maybe (hopefully) with Domino around, we will finally get someone who plays the game, sees the offenses and impact, and chops their hands off for putting them in the cookie jar.
  • kibblesandbits
    kibblesandbits Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've really stopped caring about who exploits or who doesn't anymore. But I do see how it could be a slap in the face to those that put hard earned money into the game. Though it would be nice to see the hammer come down just so I know that people are actually still in the office.
    Regina_Doloris MM
    Courante_Fugue Bard

Vice lead of Elysia on Storm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Avenger_ - Eyrda
    _Avenger_ - Eyrda Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    no more of this! idc who does what and who doesnt, this is similar to the exp thing that happened months ago, there was a lack of exp ect, no x3 exp, some ppl qqing about the extra exp the exploiters were getting, ppl talking about how this n that break the game, im not trying to offend anyone but thats bs cos the exp was boosted x3 n now x4, u can lvl up an alt or toon in a few days to 80 n maybe 2 weeks or so to 90 and at the end all that caused everybody's time zone to be messed up with them changing the server times which was never freacking fixed oh and the xserver closed for 12 hours everyday, and now this, idc whenever ppl get an extra bound gem or w.e, you can farm all that stuff with odes points ect.

at the end the ppl compaining about it caused problems more than what the problem was, pwe messing up our server's hours was so bad, i dont want something like that to happen again.
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    w1ck3dnick wrote: »
    There are minors that reads this forum.

Please do not promote cheating.

as i mentioned on the other post, If many players uses that cheat, that does mean we all have to do it. We do not.

Please temporary banned for a week those players that abuses a bug.

my god u kid amaze me with ur utopian thinking and that they do something, they never did, never do, and never will do anything u can exploit it in this game freely just dont tell anyone(i think FireBat said it some time ago). They dont want to loose even thoes little base players left in this forsaken game.

So if u have a chance exploit everything and everywere they will do **** about it croxe(let him die in car fire) showed us how he care for his Product.
  • blazder
    blazder Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    no more of this! idc who does what and who doesnt, this is similar to the exp thing that happened months ago, there was a lack of exp ect, no x3 exp, some ppl qqing about the extra exp the exploiters were getting, ppl talking about how this n that break the game, im not trying to offend anyone but thats bs cos the exp was boosted x3 n now x4, u can lvl up an alt or toon in a few days to 80 n maybe 2 weeks or so to 90 and at the end all that caused everybody's time zone to be messed up with them changing the server times which was never freacking fixed oh and the xserver closed for 12 hours everyday, and now this, idc whenever ppl get an extra bound gem or w.e, you can farm all that stuff with odes points ect.

at the end the ppl compaining about it caused problems more than what the problem was, pwe messing up our server's hours was so bad, i dont want something like that to happen again.

There was a ss that showed someoen getting 10+ gems in one go. I know how it works so i know it takes more than 10 mins to get that many boxes, lets say he got that many from doing it in 3 hours. and im sure im being generous. Thats 10 lvl 3 gems, which translate to 50 lvl 2 gems, correct? I know you can only get azure, solars, ragefire and bloodstones from the box, all of them (lvl 2s) you can trade in for 1.5k ode points. 50 of them, any of them, would cost you 75k ode points. If you can farm 75k ode points in 3 hours, please teach me how. Hell, if you can do that in a day... please tell me how! You can get maybe ONE lvl 3 gem with ode per day, and thats if you are lucky, and you have the time to do fate/fissure/etc, and never log off so you can have enough vigor to spam instances.
    And im not even counting the sg it takes to trade in the gems coz we do get a lot of that, im not even counting the FA2 you need to make them into lvl 3 gems.
    And also... thats not the only thing you get from boxes, gems are just the only thing that gets a wc announcement, this people are getting star crystals, meteors, sg, soul leaf, etc, etc. So please dont talk like its not a big deal, when it is.

And even if whatever they are getting is not even half as good as those boxes are, they are still abusing a bug, and should be punished accordingly.
  • _Avenger_ - Eyrda
    _Avenger_ - Eyrda Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    blazder wrote: »
    There was a ss that showed someoen getting 10+ gems in one go. I know how it works so i know it takes more than 10 mins to get that many boxes, lets say he got that many from doing it in 3 hours. and im sure im being generous. Thats 10 lvl 3 gems, which translate to 50 lvl 2 gems, correct? I know you can only get azure, solars, ragefire and bloodstones from the box, all of them (lvl 2s) you can trade in for 1.5k ode points. 50 of them, any of them, would cost you 75k ode points. If you can farm 75k ode points in 3 hours, please teach me how. Hell, if you can do that in a day... please tell me how! You can get maybe ONE lvl 3 gem with ode per day, and thats if you are lucky, and you have the time to do fate/fissure/etc, and never log off so you can have enough vigor to spam instances.
    And im not even counting the sg it takes to trade in the gems coz we do get a lot of that, im not even counting the FA2 you need to make them into lvl 3 gems.
    And also... thats not the only thing you get from boxes, gems are just the only thing that gets a wc announcement, this people are getting star crystals, meteors, sg, soul leaf, etc, etc. So please dont talk like its not a big deal, when it is.

And even if whatever they are getting is not even half as good as those boxes are, they are still abusing a bug, and should be punished accordingly.

well now that changes things, 10 gems in that short of time is crazy.
  • mggw
    mggw Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If getting around 80 boxes in 12 hours is "10 gems per 10 minutes" is the same then yea you're right. But you're not so **** off with pretending to have a clue and spewing your ********

Why so mad tho? The only reason to be mad at that statement is if you're guilty yourself. You're smart enough to know that's not what he meant (at least I hope you are). The point he was trying to get across is that people be getting too many gems in one go in x server which is ridiculous. I came to accept this exploit like Avenger, though I will never exploit myself. It seems like the people who do do it really need it, like they're pretty bad players and it shows b/c they need to do this. They lost the respect of their fellow players and will never be held in high regard. Because of exploiters, we have messed up times and now we will likely get another feature removed. Congrats on being selfish to that lot, I know it must be hard to think about others.
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let's NOT turn this into another bashing thread. The issue is known, it's reported, things will go from there. No reason to be going at each other, and especially using foul language, even if it does get censored.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • spiceywings
    spiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    We both know those features were gonna be removed regardless. Doing that glitch isn't even that worth it, if people didn't stay on forums qqing about everything they could easily farm way more in way less time. Also don't pretend like your respect or anyone elses means anything lmao

i didnt see any of the screenshot pics but from what people said you are the person who spam opened 10-20 gems or whatever in cross server, yet you say 'oh its not even worth it'? 'i did it because its gonna get removed'? that doesnt really justify anything lol. the most i saw anyone 'spamming' was 2-3 gems, or opening one gem on home server and then one on cross a minute later, but nothing as extreme as 10+, so how can you even dare to say its not even that bad? or to even be offended that people are directly upset with you? not trying to shame, and obviously you dont care what anyone thinks of you, but imo alot of people considered you a respectable player and now most of what im hearing is most people cant wait to see you banned for this (actually im not sure which person is behind the char doing this since its my understanding more than one person plays it anyways...).

i myself dont really care about this glitch, people who are whining saying 'oh now people can get lv4 wings in a week' are just stupid since the gems are only rage/blood/azure/solar, but the fact that the worst/most extreme abusers of it are trying to downplay it is pretty irritating lol.
  • mggw
    edited March 2015
    We both know those features were gonna be removed regardless. Doing that glitch isn't even that worth it, if people didn't stay on forums qqing about everything they could easily farm way more in way less time. Also don't pretend like your respect or anyone elses means anything lmao

Do you think before you say anything? The answer seems obvious. Do you have any proof that these features were going to be removed? No. If it's not worth it, why do so many people do it? How many people actually qq? Barely any (3 threads that don't even exceed 5 pages). If you have an actual job and friends, you would know that respect and common courtesy goes a long way. If people don't respect you, they probably don't like you. You probably won't have any friends and you are probably a loser. Nobody wants to be a loser.
  • mggw
    edited March 2015
    I actually have plenty of friends and a job, who cares what some pissed off loser on a website thinks? Trash like you has been qqing for months about everything on forum

Pretty sure real owner wouldn't care just as much as I don't.

People crying 24/7 on forum and wc are just entertaining.

Lol. Don't try to put this on me. People here aren't pissed; they're just frustrated. The only pissed off person is you who started cussing people out and calling people names like you know, what losers do. It's nice to know you have a support group and a job. I never asked if you did nor was I being specific to you but it's nice of you to share that information. So what if people qq? You're pretty much being a hypocrite and qqing about qqers.
  • DoomRaven - Storm Legion
    DoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This is so sad, shows how much people take the game so serious than their own lives. Game is a game, specially a virtual one, there is nothing ethical in this piece of garbage with millions of coded lines behind it. Some people need to check their priorities better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
This discussion has been closed.