Returning player

heloyse
heloyse Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

So I have not played in a very long time, I have a lvl 20 character in Eyrda, which I understand is not high and I would be able to get a new toon to 20 in a couple of hours, but I had actually bought a bunch of item mall items back then, have unlocked bag spaces, have some high level epic mounts I had bought and such.

My problem though is that the server seems dead and when I googled it, it seems that Eyrda is not populated at all, so my question to you guys is the following, is the population so bad that I should just start over on Lionheart (from what I saw, it's the most populated server) and forget about the money I spent in the item mall? Or is it not worth starting over as the population difference isn't that bad!?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Post edited by heloyse on

Comments

• w1ck3dnick
    w1ck3dnick Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i would rather go to the more populated server if your more of PvP or social type.
    For me the population on your dead server only goes up because of the new patch.
    I call that kind of players that comes and go , Game Hoppers (theyr not really interested to play for too long.)

Lets wait what other players to say/advice.

Still the final decision is yours if it is really worth staying.

cheers,
  • heloyse
    edited March 2015
    That's what I'm thinking Wickednick, I'm just ot sure if I have the right information about the server population or not! Is it really a dead server or a low populated one? And is there a server that is very active? If so, which one?
  • hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    why don't you make a toon on Lionheart to test the waters there. If you find that you like Lionheart server better, then just use Lionheart toon as your main and keep the other toon in case things change for the better on Eyrda. All the money spent in game is useless if you cant enjoy the game on your home server.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • heloyse
    edited March 2015
    hits4hire wrote: »
    why don't you make a toon on Lionheart to test the waters there. If you find that you like Lionheart server better, then just use Lionheart toon as your main and keep the other toon in case things change for the better on Eyrda. All the money spent in game is useless if you cant enjoy the game on your home server.

That is true, I'll try that then! :) Thanks guys!
  • AeonRuin - Lionheart
    AeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How long did you play on Eydra again before making your judgement on it's population? They may have been in X-Server.

Personally, money spent in game doesn't matter to me. If I don't feel happy with how populated a server is, I'll gladly change to another. There is no fun in playing MMOs by yourself.

I would keep playing Eydra for a bit more to get a feel for when people swap into X-Server and such before trying Lionheart. I think Storm may still be quite populated but I wouldn't know, Lionheart is more on my timezone than Storm so I miss out on a lot of the day to day activity there.

If you are on Lionheart, please feel free to ask in World Chat about the new stuff you're unsure about, which may be everything. Lol.
  • misterkeeko
    misterkeeko Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    heloyse wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So I have not played in a very long time, I have a lvl 20 character in Eyrda, which I understand is not high and I would be able to get a new toon to 20 in a couple of hours, but I had actually bought a bunch of item mall items back then, have unlocked bag spaces, have some high level epic mounts I had bought and such.

My problem though is that the server seems dead and when I googled it, it seems that Eyrda is not populated at all, so my question to you guys is the following, is the population so bad that I should just start over on Lionheart (from what I saw, it's the most populated server) and forget about the money I spent in the item mall? Or is it not worth starting over as the population difference isn't that bad!?

Thanks in advance for the help!

eydra actaully quite populated to be honest
    most of the time we just have better things to do than to spam instances over and over
  • heloyse
    edited March 2015
    As I stated, while googling server population, I saw a few posts about the subject in which people said that Eyrda has low population, and that is why I was asking here to make sure.

So this is what I'll do, I have a lot of time on my hands now lol! So I will continue playing my vampire on Eyrda and will also make another class I would like to try on Storm or Lionheart and will see how it goes.

Thanks again for the help guys! :)
  • misterkeeko
    misterkeeko Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lets put it this way
    lionheart = spam instances over and over again all day and everyday (some people enjoy that, its a personal choice)
    eydra = somewhat struggle gettin things done but once ur "up there" basically pvp whenever u jump on. If u are in an active guild, just do instances for dailies with them.
    its true eydra population did decrease but alot of them came back cuz of the demon patch, dont even needa mention who, u probably see them popping orbs 24/7 in wc
  • Gwenny - Eyrda
    Gwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I play actively on both Eyrda and Lionheart. Eyrda is not dead but it is smaller than Lionheart in terms of playerbase. With the expansion a lot more people are running instances on Eyrda. Or hanging out in X-server for Arena, Fire and Ice, or Fjord which brings together Eyrda, Storm and Lionheart players anyway.

I think you should pick one based on one being more PVP-oriented and one being more PVE. It does change some aspects of the game. On Eyrda you can attack people outside of safezones, crucible, etc. This is the thing that makes most people pick which server to play on. You don't have to worry about that on Lionheart. So there are times when people are hunting other people on Eyrda or meeting up outside safezones to fight. That's the major difference other than playerbase size. Rest of the game experience is the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • heloyse
    edited March 2015
    Thank you! :)
  • DivineSpirits - Storm Legion
    DivineSpirits - Storm Legion Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I play actively on both Eyrda and Lionheart. Eyrda is not dead but it is smaller than Lionheart in terms of playerbase. With the expansion a lot more people are running instances on Eyrda. Or hanging out in X-server for Arena, Fire and Ice, or Fjord which brings together Eyrda, Storm and Lionheart players anyway.

I think you should pick one based on one being more PVP-oriented and one being more PVE. It does change some aspects of the game. On Eyrda you can attack people outside of safezones, crucible, etc. This is the thing that makes most people pick which server to play on. You don't have to worry about that on Lionheart. So there are times when people are hunting other people on Eyrda or meeting up outside safezones to fight. That's the major difference other than playerbase size. Rest of the game experience is the same.

Storm is chopped liver, apparently!

It's hard to make judgments about sever vs server population. As others have pointed out, each server has slightly different appeal, depending the type of player that you are. Storm is a heavy PVE server, which I would guess is equally or more active than Lionheart. Make sure you consider time zone when you pick your server (eryda and storm both CST whilst Lionheart is PST).

Consider storm, but if not we still hope to see you in Cross-Server for some PvP ;)
    [SIGPIC]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Tysterkaar/SirFanion.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage) || DivineAuror (Divine Priest) || SirFanion (Elemental Warrior)
  • Gwenny - Eyrda
    Gwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I didn't talk about Storm since i don't play there :D

As for the time zone thing. Actually awhile ago they were all changed to same timezone. Because of that one issue related with X-server Lionheart is same timezone ingame as Eyrda and Storm currently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • jhereg4250
    jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I didn't talk about Storm since i don't play there :D

As for the time zone thing. Actually awhile ago they were all changed to same timezone. Because of that one issue related with X-server Lionheart is same timezone ingame as Eyrda and Storm currently.

As far as in game time zone, correct. As far as the prime activity times, three hours either way can make a huge difference.
  • DivineSpirits - Storm Legion
    DivineSpirits - Storm Legion Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jhereg4250 wrote: »
    As far as in game time zone, correct. As far as the prime activity times, three hours either way can make a huge difference.

Yea that's what I meant :P
    [SIGPIC]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Tysterkaar/SirFanion.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage) || DivineAuror (Divine Priest) || SirFanion (Elemental Warrior)
  • heloyse
    edited March 2015
    Well, to let you know more about my type of gaming, I am into both PvE and PvP equally tbh, both are important to me, I am an endgame PvPer and raider, when I like a game, I usually go hardcore lol!!

I am also very social, so I like to usually find a guild that is not active and also who tends to be active in chat, I don't personally understand people who play an mmo and don't socialize, as it is not a single player game after all! LOL!

I don't care about how active is the world chat or such, as I never really care about that, as long as I can find a pvp or a dungeon group easily and have a nice guild and see people around me so it doesn't feel like a single player game, I'm all good.

And my timezone is EST.