Highly regret ever coming back

matt8858
matt8858 Posts: 32 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Since I've returned to FW after playing in beta, I have had nothing but problems with the game whether it be my job's being bugged, game continuously crashing, or just the sheer lack of coding ability within the game's source. I just got d.c'd from an instance 4 times in a row. Log in D.C, log in D.C, log in D.C. Now I can't even play the game, I just crash. I regret spending the 10 dollars I spent, keep it, it's yours. You obviously want it more than I do. Here have your bug report back, I don't want it anymore. Very unsatisfied player/customer. You'll have to give me 10,000 leafs to come back to this shotty game. Good bye.

ht9y4p.jpg
Post edited by matt8858 on

Comments

• infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    matt8858 wrote: »
    Since I've returned to FW after playing in beta, I have had nothing but problems with the game whether it be my job's being bugged, game continuously crashing, or just the sheer lack of coding ability within the game's source. I just got d.c'd from an instance 4 times in a row. Log in D.C, log in D.C, log in D.C. Now I can't even play the game, I just crash. I regret spending the 10 dollars I spent, keep it, it's yours. You obviously want it more than I do. Here have your bug report back, I don't want it anymore. Very unsatisfied player/customer. You'll have to give me 10,000 leafs to come back to this shotty game. Good bye.]

It is very pointless to complain, however a lot of people feel the same way as you do.

I don't mean to say it's ALL your fault when I say this, cause it isn't, but unless you changed your Windows 7/8 skin it looks like you're running XP or Vista, which I can imagine doesn't help the DC's and crashes.

I have a good rig with good internet and I live close to PWE's servers so I have about the best connection you can have and I DC/crash 1-3 times a day, no matter what you can't avoid it and it only gets worse the further away you live from their servers, and the less powerful your rig and internet is.

About bugs, yeah, that's on PWE, and it probably won't change anytime soon (the game has had a fair amount of bugs since it's release. Just the way it is.)
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • matt8858
    edited March 2015
    i run windows 7, i just customized my windows to run everything a little better... i have i7377k and a 4gb gfx card so i highly doubt it's anything on my end
  • Shapelle - Lionheart
    Shapelle - Lionheart Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sure you're not overclocking your memory, or pushing it to the limit of its stable timings? Or overclocking the CPU? I get a crash maybe twice a week, and that's because the game does have a memory leak which slowly creeps up after botting for two days straight, and it can be seen cos the size of the process typically goes from a normal 1gb around 2gb just before it crashes (I personally suspect it's casting 32 bit memory addresses to signed 32 bit integers). Aside from that, the game has been relatively stable on my 16gb ram laptop.
  • matt8858
    edited March 2015
    My CPU is not over-clocked. It's set at factory settings
  • jhereg4250
    jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    For me the game has been vastly more stable since the update. I've had 2 instances of rapid succession crashes but both times I had left the laptop on without a reset for an extended period of time and a reset seemed to have fixed the stability issues.

If you are really having huge stability issues, I'm inclined to thing there is something off system wise or a bad memory chip or something of that nature. Memory leaks were mentioned in the thread earlier.

The engine upgrade has been reported as causing some issues for people with older systems running using older versions of Windows, but for users with moderately new PCs it has been a major improvement.
  • hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can say that before I upgraded my laptop, I too, was also getting disconnected at random times, several times a day. I don't know your rig's specs but here are some things to try:

*clean any and all dust out of your rig to ensure proper air flow for cooling
    *add more memory to your rig
    *verify your game files
    *minimize the amount of running programs while playing the game to ensure the game has enough usable memory
    *if you have the money to invest, use a solid-state hard drive
    *update windows
    *run check disk
    *defrag your hard drive
    *if you are on something like a 3mbit service, upgrade your speed

I am a PC engineer and these are steps that I would suggest before faulting the game for constantly disconnecting you.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hits4hire wrote: »
    I can say that before I upgraded my laptop, I too, was also getting disconnected at random times, several times a day. I don't know your rig's specs but here are some things to try:

*clean any and all dust out of your rig to ensure proper air flow for cooling
    *add more memory to your rig
    *verify your game files
    *minimize the amount of running programs while playing the game to ensure the game has enough usable memory
    *if you have the money to invest, use a solid-state hard drive
    *update windows
    *run check disk
    *defrag your hard drive
    *if you are on something like a 3mbit service, upgrade your speed

I am a PC engineer and these are steps that I would suggest before faulting the game for constantly disconnecting you.

Dont forget what pwe engineers sugested to look if ur microwave not runing better even pull the plug for safety. Ssd proposing for dirt cheap pay 2 win game, ur not a engineer ur a moron.
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    just FYI, windows xp isnt properly supported with the latest update, it was mentioned somewhere in the news or patch notes
    i run windows 7, i just customized my windows to run everything a little better... i have i7377k and a 4gb gfx card so i highly doubt it's anything on my end

Have u tried running with lower settings? usually that error is from graphics load failure or loss of memory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • hits4hire
    hits4hire Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    matt8858 wrote: »

i just noticed these specs. just kind of wondering if all your drivers are up to date now. also, can you monitor your temps when you are getting disconnected? Also, are you using a wired or wireless router? if wireless, you could try a different channel to connect to in your router, or you could just try to use a wired connection to see if that helps.
    InfernalRazieL.jpg
  • Y_meh - Illyfue
    Y_meh - Illyfue Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Whilst some of the suggestions and inputs could be valid, my game experience seems to agree with what the OP is having (albeit not to the same extremes).

We run the game two similar built PC's (the one about 8 months old and the other was built a few weeks ago). Both with quad core CPU's, Both with 16GB Ram (dual processing and at 1600Mhz), Both with a MSI gaming M/B and both running with a 2GB Graphics card.

I suspect that we can safely remove the defrag, dust bunny ambush etc out of the equation.

Game experience ....... on somedays the game on PC1 (the newly built one) will DC every hour or so, whilst it is stable on PC2. On other days, PC2 DC's regular whilst PC1 runs stable.

When checking in alts ...... the one PC (random one) will log in smoothly whilst the other DC's with "User do not exist" on every char you log in.

We have switched ISP's (have accounts with three different providers), without any luck. Have used two different modems/routers - no change. The only constant is PWE and my ADSL line.

Not sure f one can blame the line, as playing "other" MMO's (non PWE ;)) runs smoothly. In fact, whilst playig FW my ping rate is erratic (anything from 200MS to 1K ..... and this is on a good day :D). Playing non PWE MMO's I have a stable ping rate much lower than what I see on FW.

So the million dollar question is this: Do some players just have bad luck when it comes to having a stable connection with PWE, is it an erratic problem on PWE's servers, or is it really the equipment, software, set up used by the end user?
    You have to admire stupidity for its destructive potential.
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2015

So the million dollar question is this: Do some players just have bad luck when it comes to having a stable connection with PWE, is it an erratic problem on PWE's servers, or is it really the equipment, software, set up used by the end user?

I can have a client connected to FW for a week or so without a d/c unless my connection derps; its very rare I get a disconnection on PWE's side. Had an two last week. One was an extended power outage, the other was our connection dropped randomly at 5am. Location: Australia.

I did notice the memory leak Shapelle mentioned, I thought it was something linked to running in perf mode at the time. It hasn't done it for a couple of weeks.
  • saielakes
    saielakes Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You guys should distinguish between dc and game crash.

If you get the message ingame 'user doesn't exist' or anything like 'connection lost' then it's probably an dc. Everything else, like the game closing on it's own whether there's a error message popping up or not, is a game crash.

The screen the OP posted is a game crash and hasn't got anything to do with a dc. So his problems are probably software or hardware related. Don't understand me wrong I won't say it's his fault... it's just that software can react pretty unpredictable on some computers and run smooth on others. It could be literally anything that'll make his game crash more often then by others. Audio or graphic card drivers that won't work well together or software he has installed that doesn't like FW and so on.

I myself haven't experienced a difference in crashes or dc's since the update. I got them seldom before the update and that hasn't changed since then. ^^
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here is my two favorite:
    FcC5o05.jpg
    1zakIeM.png

Anybody knows what causes these and how to fix them?
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Here is my two favorite:
    FcC5o05.jpg
    1zakIeM.png

Anybody knows what causes these and how to fix them?

did you run a verify on the game?
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg