Laggedy lag - Game unplayable half the day...

PoPxTart - Lionheart
PoPxTart - Lionheart Posts: 637 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
already made a thread in the past but noone seems to give a **** from the higher ups to even take a look on it. i have no clue if this is just some **** problem from europe and/or especially germany but im getting so much lag the game gets unplayable for me.
mostly around evening...today it started already at around 5pm or usually near 8 pm and then all the way till 1am or longer. sometimes i even log in near 12pm and i already start ping spiking... lots of other games im not allowed to name ofc got similiar problems and noone does jack about it and im having these lags since over 3 month... im sick and tired and start to regretting all the money i loved to spent on my toons since now im practically unable to make use of any of my pixels i took so long to gear and raise...
call me a whiner but this is a serious problem not only i have to fight with...

lags go all the way from 1k till -4million ping... and my net is FINE. its really only FW...

Screenshot_112_zps7f9333be.jpg

Screenshot_116_zps0f2eeda1.jpg

TtbYDeK_zpsfab15a94.jpg

to show some examples from this evenings lag attack... e_e
Post edited by PoPxTart - Lionheart on
[SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34718012001&dateline=1429303178[/SIGPIC]

<Forever with AlexejRomanov>
PoPxTart - lvl 90 Wind Bard
UsagiDrops - lvl 90 Frost Mage
LimeBunnie - lvl 90 Divine Priest

Comments

• Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My ping has been stable between 70ms and 200ms through last night and today. So the problem isnt at PWE. Alot of people are experiencing the lag, but likewise alot of people are not. This suggests that no single person's network is at fault, but neither is PWE. The problem is most likely at an intermediary internet transmission server somewhere between those who are having the lag, and PWE. Try a traceroute? that wont solve the problem, but it might give you an idea where the problem is.
  • SongsOfLig - Eyrda
    SongsOfLig - Eyrda Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My ping has been stable between 70ms and 200ms through last night and today. So the problem isnt at PWE. Alot of people are experiencing the lag, but likewise alot of people are not. This suggests that no single person's network is at fault, but neither is PWE. The problem is most likely at an intermediary internet transmission server somewhere between those who are having the lag, and PWE. Try a traceroute? that wont solve the problem, but it might give you an idea where the problem is.

It's Cogent. This was mentioned in the German forums.
  • PoPxTart - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    so if it isnt FWs fault how come i just played perfect world without barely and lag and fast loading times etc but as i THEN tried to log into FW it took me forever and once inside i got hit with insane ping of 65k and couldnt do anything till the game dc-ed me?? please someone do explain e_e and i picked again an US server...

edit: nvm i was happy too early. lag hit in pwi too...just a bit later e_e guess ill never be able to play mmos again if this cogent **** dun gets it together and fixes this package loss...
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34718012001&dateline=1429303178[/SIGPIC]

• conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's fkin FW's fault.. ever since this patch the whole engine bs made the game worst than ever..

the lag seems to happens most commonly in raid instances..

every time i try to run one.. i have such lag that my screen freezes.. and i cant see ****. but if i press the buttons.. my toon stil perfoms actions.. until i get dcd..

but yeah.. i played neverwinter at the same time im lagging bawls in FW.. and neverwinter seems normal..

soooo.. wtf..

the lag randomly happens in other instances too.. but is most commonly.. like 80% of the time.. while trying to run raid instances..

• XGIOx - Illyfue
    XGIOx - Illyfue Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's fkin FW's fault.. ever since this patch the whole engine bs made the game worst than ever..

the lag seems to happens most commonly in raid instances..

every time i try to run one.. i have such lag that my screen freezes.. and i cant see ****. but if i press the buttons.. my toon stil perfoms actions.. until i get dcd..

but yeah.. i played neverwinter at the same time im lagging bawls in FW.. and neverwinter seems normal..

soooo.. wtf..

the lag randomly happens in other instances too.. but is most commonly.. like 80% of the time.. while trying to run raid instances..

Pretty much this sums it all, i have been experiencing on illyfue same problems at weekends mostly.

Edit: Maybe server cant handle 4-5 raids at same time running :P
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah im pretty sure is just caused by the amount of other players around casting skills and stuff..

and before u say... use alt+k such..

i did. and i was still lagging.. cuz even with alt+k the game needs to send your pc information about other players casts.. damage.. heals.. etc etc.. all that info that before the patch never had a problem sending..

now it seems like it was sending gbites and gbites of information for it... which is not really the case.. cuz my net doesnt show any packages received or sent.. other than the usual.. but yeeeah.. something abt the engine i bet.

• sobe25
    sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    For me the game hasn't lagged or had frame lag from the change at all since the time east coast servers were down few months ago.

As for blaming the engine and the game strictly if it was their fault it wouldn't be such a low number of complaints.. pretty much everyone would have issues. Most likely some terrible jump for your connection to the server as someone mentioned.
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • PoPxTart - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    well for me its no personal net problems...its as fast as ever. as previous stated its that cogent server where the data has to go through from germany to US and thats where the package loss starts and makes the game unplayable for me and most german ppl. lots of other games not only pwe games has that problem. if u google "cogent lag" ull get lots of results... anyways...if that **** wont be fixed i wont be able to play any MMOs anymore till i move to another country... e_e har har...

• darkerlocust68
    darkerlocust68 Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This has been happening to people for a couple months now, will get crazy ping for several hours straight at almost same time daily and it clearly isnt from their own end. Then it magically stops and goes to bother someone else for a few weeks. Most likely not FW fault either despite how easy it is to blame them, though anything effecting their core players so poorly should be of concern to them.
  • XGIOx - Illyfue
    XGIOx - Illyfue Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So today i just logged into game and massive lags and dc each 10 minutes, and dont tell its my internet as excuse,i tested with other high graphics games which cant be named and everything was fine no lags no dcs etc..., so its the game or cogent o rwhatever im just getting my nerves at this unquality of gameplay is affecting my gameplay and relations in game i have people saying im fake dcing already -.- FIX This TY...
  • PoPxTart - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    i logged in an had 2h of non laggy gameplay >_> now im lagging from 3pm and its almost 6pm now and its gonna lag till late at night as always... i have literally no fun non laggy gametime anymore. just botting with 1k till 120k and -4mill pings...i love my toons. spent time and money on them since 2011 but i cant use them anymore besides lag botting and hoping not to dc... i really just wanna cry...

lag botting 24/7 cause thats the only thing i can do in FW now...

Screenshot_118_zpsdshdyym8.jpg

• PoPxTart - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    bout 3 hours later o/

Screenshot_125_zpsjukmbazh.jpg

• PoPxTart - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    so. got new internet today. its 10mb faster as before.new modem and everything... lag still started. guess after 4 years of playing not the boredom makes me quit but i have to forcequit since germanys connection to the US is screwed up for what ever reasons... i just wanna cry...