About Alchemy Proxies and the Midas Touch Quest...

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

So I've been doing some digging and have found an answer to that question you all had regarding the Midas Touch Quest and the disappearance of the Alchemy Proxy.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but sadly, the Quest: Midas Touch and the item: Alchemy Proxy have been removed from the game. Before you ask, No there are no current plans to bring them back.

So you probably have a ton of Mercury Statuettes and are asking yourself, "What can I do with these now?"

Here's the solution:
You can NPC the Statuettes to any of the vendors for 3 unbound gold apiece.

If you are a member of a guild, you can turn them in through the Guild Menu.

Simply press the "G" key. Select My Guild, then the Midas Button. In the the UI that appears, there's a drop down. Select this drop down and you will see options to turn in Statuettes.

Using this method you will earn 4 unbound gold and 80 unbound silver.

We apologize for any confusion there you guys, I hope this helps.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zeeeqon
    zeeeqon Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think it should be 4 unbound gold and 80 unbound silver.

But i can't confirm it as I am still waiting for MANUAL PATCH to be given to us.
    NYOS server : Warrior ZeQoN
  • Iolar - Lionheart
    Iolar - Lionheart Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's...odd. So they only serve a purpose for guilds really?
    Lvl 90 WTF-Tree Sin
    Vice-Lead of AvatarT;Great
    Why? Because reasons.
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well, that's a nab move by CN =\

Thanks for the info Domino, even if it does suck >.<
  • Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    eh, it will pay off in the long run

more founds for the guild midas bonus events

sad mercury coupons are going to be extinct
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    eh, it will pay off in the long run

Actually, i think it will end up hurting PWE's profits from them. Tonnes of players still ran them for the extra goodies and soul golds...
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    Actually, i think it will end up hurting PWE's profits from them. Tonnes of players still ran them for the extra goodies and soul golds...

maybe hurt some players that did them for the extra soulgold

but is going to help guilds a lot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    with the abundance of soul gold and gemboxes dropping from instance lotteries now i think the difference is pretty much made up as far as the 'extra' people ran mercs for.
  • laphantonela
    laphantonela Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey Everyone,

So I've been doing some digging and have found an answer to that question you all had regarding the Midas Touch Quest and the disappearance of the Alchemy Proxy.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but sadly, the Quest: Midas Touch and the item: Alchemy Proxy have been removed from the game. Before you ask, No there are no current plans to bring them back.

So you probably have a ton of Mercury Statuettes and are asking yourself, "What can I do with these now?"

Here's the solution:
    You can NPC the Statuettes to any of the vendors for 3 unbound gold apiece.

If you are a member of a guild, you can turn them in through the Guild Menu.

Simply press the "G" key. Select My Guild, then the Midas Button. In the the UI that appears, there's a drop down. Select this drop down and you will see options to turn in Statuettes.

Using this method you will earn 4 unbound gold and 80 unbound silver.

We apologize for any confusion there you guys, I hope this helps.

Please push China to fix this T_T Some players that don't cs for mercs do GTR for merits and exchange coupons for real gold.
  • Dangelique - Lionheart
    Dangelique - Lionheart Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well isn't that just marvellous. Unless you have cs rank, you can't turn those statues into the guild.
    Npc them? That's really the best option? Considering what I had to pay to get them, that's a massive loss, thanks for that.

What about the mercury coupons? Or might as well they have a match lit up under them too?
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well isn't that just marvellous. Unless you have cs rank, you can't turn those statues into the guild.
    Npc them? That's really the best option? Considering what I had to pay to get them, that's a massive loss, thanks for that.

What about the mercury coupons? Or might as well they have a match lit up under them too?

if you cannot trade them to guild just sell them to someone who can for 4.8g.............

plenty of people buy/sell them at 4.8 so that others may turn them into their guild.
  • Evliria - Storm Legion
    Evliria - Storm Legion Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    May I suggest Merc bogo more often? So there will be coupons in game for ppl who to GTR? Like myself?
  • RocksYaSoxOff - Storm Legion
    RocksYaSoxOff - Storm Legion Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Thank you for the relatively quick response on this issue Domino. It's not the answer myself and I'm sure many others were wanting to hear.

There are many reasons why soo many players clamour over the sales of this item. One especially being for those who cannot devote an abundant amount of time to playing the game.

Since running Midas Quests and turning the gospels received from these in for tradable gold as well as soul gold, those with limited playing time to gather soul coin, preferred Midas Quests. Not to mention the additional items that cold be obtained from them.

The revenue generated for PWE from the sale of this item makes this even more surprising, I have a feeling that you will see a drastic drop in revenue as a result. I think that an adjustment on the leaf cost of this item and the cost of it's corresponding sales might have to be considered to make us remotely interested in buying these again.

If a leaf cost reduction is not going to be considered, then a strong push with the developers to return the Midas Touch Quest and Alchemy Proxies needs to be made. Should not be too difficult to change, the base coding already exists, just a location change has to be made I would suspect. (I may be wrong about this, not a programmer/ coder)
  • JamrilArroway - Storm Legion
    JamrilArroway - Storm Legion Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Pretty much what Rocky said.

We got a sale just before the patch and now some (I'm) stuck with merc stat that I will lose some money since I wanted to run them and get G and sg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dangelique - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    amarantos wrote: »
    if you cannot trade them to guild just sell them to someone who can for 4.8g.............

plenty of people buy/sell them at 4.8 so that others may turn them into their guild.

I'm not so well connected that I have cs'ers falling all over my FL. (and the only time I flute is when its something for free like scrolls and stuff) I hate doing mercs, I only got them for the achieve, which I guess is pointless now.
    They're only good to CS'ers, which seems to be the way this game has turned. If you can't or haven't cs'd, then **** you all ;)

Nowhere to turn in merc coupons either right? What happens to those now? Anything else to use mercury points on from Gtrs?
    I knew I forgot to do something before the expansion was released.
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    I'm not so well connected that I have cs'ers falling all over my FL. (and the only time I flute is when its something for free like scrolls and stuff) I hate doing mercs, I only got them for the achieve, which I guess is pointless now.
    They're only good to CS'ers, which seems to be the way this game has turned. If you can't or haven't cs'd, then **** you all ;)

Nowhere to turn in merc coupons either right? What happens to those now? Anything else to use mercury points on from Gtrs?
    I knew I forgot to do something before the expansion was released.

only way to get statues is whit cash shop

if you don't flute to sell them, then is your own problem
    and no, they will help out guilds too, just get your dedication and set time for the midas bonus

coupons still work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dangelique - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    only way to get statues is whit cash shop

if you don't flute to sell them, then is your own problem
    and no, they will help out guilds too, just get your dedication and set time for the midas bonus

coupons still work

Meh, I'm gonna just toss them then and get the space back. My problem, my solution. Thanks for the "advice".
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    Meh, I'm gonna just toss them then and get the space back. My problem, my solution. Thanks for the "advice".

Happy to do it for you Dangie o.o
  • grumpyoldphart
    grumpyoldphart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Go to the Eyrda boutique and what is there under the sale tab? Mercs at 50% off. I have wasted my last money on this game.
  • gamerking99
    gamerking99 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    if you guys not planning to bring midas touch back, then I simply want refund for all the mercs that I bought pre-patch. I'm not losing my own money for the mistake you guys made.
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    if you guys not planning to bring midas touch back, then I simply want refund for all the mercs that I bought pre-patch. I'm not losing my own money for the mistake you guys made.

That's CN that made the move not pwe... pwe are just as horrified as the rest of us D:
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    soo you guys know you can still trade them or sell them to someone else right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tutilake88
    tutilake88 Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry but not sorry. Really nice to see PWE getting the crappy end of the stick for once. Because the only reason I was actually buying MS was to do Midas to get soul gold as well and get higher amounts of gold than the lousy set amount of 4gold 80silver at the guild exchange.

I wouldn't buy statues if they were 5 leaves each now, rofl...
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    well
    if you look at dedication, now at 165 and 200 you get 10g off midas guild bonus
    and midas bonus got now 4 events instead of 2

isn't so bad when you factor the guild midas bonus, but still going to miss the coupons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kamjahere - Lionheart
    Kamjahere - Lionheart Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have about 300 mercury coupons.. any idea what I can do with these now? Ty ^^

Also I do find it somewhat deceiving that they removed this and didn't say anything.
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    I have about 300 mercury coupons.. any idea what I can do with these now? Ty ^^

Also I do find it somewhat deceiving that they removed this and didn't say anything.

coupons can be exchanged in the mercury marketplace
    the npc is there, next to the shops, just keep a coupon on you and youll see the quest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    well
    if you look at dedication, now at 165 and 200 you get 10g off midas guild bonus
    and midas bonus got now 4 events instead of 2

isn't so bad when you factor the guild midas bonus, but still going to miss the coupons

You also miss out on gems and stones of sage for the achieves.
  • Kamjahere - Lionheart
    Kamjahere - Lionheart Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    coupons can be exchanged in the mercury marketplace
    the npc is there, next to the shops, just keep a coupon on you and youll see the quest

Aah he was a little tricky to find at first, but I found him over by the bank, ty ^^.
    I did use the search on the map, but nothing comes up for Billy at all (even if you use the case sensitive search), so I thought he had been removed.
  • QueenMitzy - Lionheart
    QueenMitzy - Lionheart Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So can you still get the <Gold Digger> title? Or has that been borked too? Just wondering.
    Always make a new mistake.
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    3zLDB8v.png

well if you hover the mouse it kinda warns you to exchange them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]