Mentor Points after Patch

rikyvanthomas
rikyvanthomas Posts: 2 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
So, how to get them. Mentor Recruit scrolls are gone and only way possible seems M-A quests, which obviously is ludicrous. Was this intentional?
Post edited by rikyvanthomas on

Comments

• Cappella - Storm Legion
    Cappella - Storm Legion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So, how to get them. Mentor Recruit scrolls are gone and only way possible seems M-A quests, which obviously is ludicrous. Was this intentional?

I'm curious about this myself
  • Eklipze - Illyfue
    Eklipze - Illyfue Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a very good question and how can we level up mentor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Babben - Illyfue
    Babben - Illyfue Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a very good question and how can we level up mentor?

do we even need mentor now ?
    Babbe|Warrior|Illyfue|88+
    Member of Guild SKY
    Romsym the Prot on Nyos yes that naab was me
    My english sucks, Only good when im drunk atlest its something (I think)

10/2-2015
    R.I.P
    MAoS | Farming
    Mentor | No need anymore
    GL | Farming
    Treasure Seeker Henry </3 miss you
    NC </////3 miss you ultra more R.I.P R.I.P
    [$5$] = gold ingame
  • Lumydia - Storm Legion
    Lumydia - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    do we even need mentor now ?
    Some of us want the costume and mount :<
  • Babben - Illyfue
    Babben - Illyfue Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Some of us want the costume and mount :<

true if you want it :) But never seen that hat scrolls drops
    Babbe|Warrior|Illyfue|88+
    Member of Guild SKY
    Romsym the Prot on Nyos yes that naab was me
    My english sucks, Only good when im drunk atlest its something (I think)

10/2-2015
    R.I.P
    MAoS | Farming
    Mentor | No need anymore
    GL | Farming
    Treasure Seeker Henry </3 miss you
    NC </////3 miss you ultra more R.I.P R.I.P
    [$5$] = gold ingame
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    I'll ask Croxe and/or Domino about this when they log in
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • SongsOfLig - Eyrda
    SongsOfLig - Eyrda Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is not the most definitive answer, but I hope this can help people.

The MA Quest that is initiated by Mentor (x3 Weekly) is gone. However, the apprentice lead quests (Study ones, lvl 30, 40, 50) is still there.

The way to build friendship and mentor point at this patch is the following. If you have a high level character, just solo instances (manual counts) with your apprentice that is appropriate to the apprentice level. Even though we don't have the Mentor Recruit Scroll, after the final boss is dead, appropriate mentor points and friendship points are given.

One thing I am not clear of is whether other high level members in the party get any mentor point. I dualed with a high level (that is not the master) with an apprentice (of no relation to the high level) and didn't think I got any mentor points after finishing the instance. However, if you have a master high level and an apprentice, I have seen the master receiving the mentor points and friendship points.

So in conclusion, just manual solo the instance with a high level and apprentice to get mentor points and friendship points for the high level.

/Above information's accuracy is based on my own experience and it could be all wrong D:
  • Shar - Illyfue
    Shar - Illyfue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    no recruit scrolls means no glory right? or is there another way to get it?

atm i kinda need it for soul gate (i realy don't wanna breakthrough)
  • SongsOfLig - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    no recruit scrolls means no glory right? or is there another way to get it?

atm i kinda need it for soul gate (i realy don't wanna breakthrough)

Glory is gone but for soul gate, "glory" is actually dedication. So if you need 30 glory, you actually need 30 dedication.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im currently trying to get some information to help answer these questions.
  • zeeeqon
    zeeeqon Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Im currently trying to get some information to help answer these questions.

Wat about that manual patch....lots of players still waiting to get in game
    NYOS server : Warrior ZeQoN
  • SongsOfLig - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    One final note on mentor points farming! Remember that dangerous bounties gives 40ish mentor points (not sure completely).
  • alyus
    alyus Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zeeeqon wrote: »
    Wat about that manual patch....lots of players still waiting to get in game

They stated quite a few times that it is being worked on. And on the maint thread I believe it was also stated next week it should be up.
    On 8/20/14 at 9:07 AM we have been informed that we lost another member of the FW team to go off to another title. RIP GreyjoyKraken. All hope for FW is forever lost...
  • bitterpaw
    bitterpaw Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Glory is gone but for soul gate, "glory" is actually dedication. So if you need 30 glory, you actually need 30 dedication.

If this is true, I am SUPER happy, cause I need to open the 50th gate :) ty
    But if so, the 50th gate's info text is bugged (same pre-patch text)
  • SongsOfLig - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    bitterpaw wrote: »
    If this is true, I am SUPER happy, cause I need to open the 50th gate :) ty
    But if so, the 50th gate's info text is bugged (same pre-patch text)

There have been some minor changes to the soul gate stuff, but for the most part, the changes makes it easier to complete it compared to pre-patch.
  • LaoLao - Illyfue
    LaoLao - Illyfue Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hope this come "fix"... in special now... with some many "pupils" running in NF (less lvl60) searching a good master... (this is a joke. i m no a big master, but i m little worry about combat licence 1 can be -was- easy get for only 200 merits ... (there aren't others options). In Lao, have enough points until the end of times... but no with my priest (1st alt).

If can confirm the currently forms of get merits... thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Some times just a witch, no a simple mage of ice age)
  • zyrrah42
    zyrrah42 Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Getting MCL using mentor points is the only option for many. Hope they have an alternative or solution soon.
  • Caranthiel - Illyfue
    Caranthiel - Illyfue Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well yes, my biggest issue with this is that I need mentor points to get a combat license, that is 200 for 7 days. I think it's nonsensical that the only way we have to get points is by doing M-A quests. It's slower and there are not many apprentices, or lows who want a master.

I seriously hope the scolls being gone is a bug. ETA on this?
  • Cappella - Storm Legion
    Cappella - Storm Legion Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah.. I have not gotten a mounted combat license since the update just because of this. I guess if it remains the same I won't be able to have a mounted combat every week and this makes me sad :(

It's not a good situation for lowbies either who would like to run their gear instances. I have run the basic randoms and I'm sorry but high lvls getting those lionheart badge things and lvl 30ish gear doesn't exactly make it worth the effort for high lvls other than maybe getting a dedication here and there lol so yes... feel sorry for the lowbies too cus high lvls are going to be less likely to help.
  • Caranthiel - Illyfue
    Caranthiel - Illyfue Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    bumb.

I don't wanna sound rude or stubborn or like a no-lifer whine bot, but can we just get an update on this?

All I want to know is if the current system (the only way of getting Mentor Points being M-A quests) is bugged or if it really is supposed to be like that. It's just that it's been a week without combat mount because I simply cannot get the needed points for it.

Cheers.
  • drakenfyre
    drakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    bumb.

I don't wanna sound rude or stubborn or like a no-lifer whine bot, but can we just get an update on this?

All I want to know is if the current system (the only way of getting Mentor Points being M-A quests) is bugged or if it really is supposed to be like that. It's just that it's been a week without combat mount because I simply cannot get the needed points for it.

Cheers.

unfortunately with there being a holiday this week in China, any updates won't be available until next week
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • SongsOfLig - Eyrda
    edited February 2015
    bumb.

Cheers.

A quick temporary fix (and I hope it's temporary) to farm mentor points is party with a lowbie and do bounties or beast elimination quests. Finishing a normal bounty gives 40ish mentor points at the end and both bounties and beast elimination quests give a mentor point (1) per 20 - 30 mobs killed by your high level character. So, there is one way to farm mentor points just by afk botting. Not the best solution though.
  • belegil
    belegil Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have been getting mentor points just running instances with party members significantly lower than me. It seems about 10 levels lower triggers mentor mode. Fairly good points. This was even true before the expansion, but the points are even greater now. It used to be a point or two every so often throughout the instance, now I see 7pts or so each time.