The patch notes discussion thread

Comments

• tutilake88
    tutilake88 Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I guess i should make peace with the fact that i will never be able to upgrade my gems anymore unless i'm willing to spend a car money for V gems during charge rewards. That's not gonna happen... PWE doesn't deserve that amount of cash flow from me.

I guess soon my vamp will belong to the Lv3 Winged Mediocre Noob category and I'll just put on a buttplate while farming FF. :/

Demons will be awesome but the fact that we're missing out on even more balance now is just plain fail.

Thanks for **** us over (again and again) PWE.

I can see myself quitting once I get bored of the demons, pretty sure wont be the only one... And maybe for good this time...
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The only issue people seem to have about GL having bound gems is the fact they can't sell them for Gold Coins. You can always break them down and get Artisan up to make and sell Offhands. I think a lot of people are over-reacting WAY too much before it's even come out. It does say that you get another item, which could be an unbound item like a gem or perhaps even a fusion agent, when you are above Lv60.

That 60+ item chance has always been there, and guess what; over 4 years of farming GLs i think i got an astounding 6 FAs from it. Impressive right?

Break gems down for Artisan? Thats what we do with the bound gems from Jade Gold exchange.

Yet to see you make a valid point as to why making GL gems bound is in any way good for the game in general.

And ofcourse, offhands sell so well too you know... NOT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • darkerlocust68
    darkerlocust68 Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Maybe it's time to bring back those codes, alot of them.
  • SleepingIcarus - Illyfue
    SleepingIcarus - Illyfue Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ghostfang Castle will be open between 12:00-23:00 every Wednesday.
    - Players can participate in a group or sign up through fast matching.
    - Weekly Access Limit: 3
    - First completion every week will grant massive EXP and Soul Power Rewards
    - Instance drops Lv 2 Gems.

This might be an alternative to getting unbound gems, but we shall see.
  • JamrilArroway - Storm Legion
    JamrilArroway - Storm Legion Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    boll1588 wrote: »
    soooo since there won't be Freedom Harbour anymore,this means Crubile is gone too?

Crucible can be reach from a npc in Nightfall also (and I mean right now you can do it).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • livefire
    livefire Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ghostfang Castle will be open between 12:00-23:00 every Wednesday.
    - Players can participate in a group or sign up through fast matching.
    - Weekly Access Limit: 3
    - First completion every week will grant massive EXP and Soul Power Rewards
    - Instance drops Lv 2 Gems.

This might be an alternative to getting unbound gems, but we shall see.

That's assuming "Lv2 Gems" isn't a mistranslation. Wouldn't be the first time.
  • VyXantia - Lionheart
    VyXantia - Lionheart Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    PLAYERS: Damn PWE lookit those patch notes... you're **** us AGAIN!!! :mad:

PWE: Don't worry about those silly patch notes... just watch the dancing monkey (ie: Domino)... isn't he entertaining and aren't we swell? :D

NOTE... before Domino supporters start raging... I mean no offense to Domino... it's not his fault PWE is using him in this manner... just pointing out that's what they're doing.
    CSers are needed to financially support the game,
    Non-CSers are needed to expand the player base,
    Both are equally important to the game.

So don't be hatin'... :)
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I highly doubt that this decision has been made by PWE, i have played on CN and what you see there is bot armys in every realm doing GL, CN's solution: make the rewards bound.

PWE probably doesnt know the impact or cant decide about it BUT what cn has is tons of other ways to get lv2/3 gems, which means they can afford the loss of unbound gems from GL. We however don't have the luxuary of obtaining lv2/3 gems in other ways, because PWE stripped those options from our game.

So to solve the GL issue think of the following (copied from CN)
    - lv3 gems for 400 soulleafs in cs.
    - flare gem card (in cn 8k leafs or soulleafs BUT often in 75% sale to 2k).
    - lv1 bound gemboxes for 10 soul leafs each.

Those prizes are copied from CN, we have a different economy ofcourse but in total we gain the same amount of soulleafs as them. Seeing CN has all this available, making GL give bound gems as reward issnt a big deal and a proper solution agaisnt their botting problem. Giving us the same 'treatment' on gl should at least be followed with the same type of ways of obtaining gems as in CN.

tl;dr: if you copy all changes from CN, keep in mind what the impact of the change was there compared to the NA/EU version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VyXantia - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    I highly doubt that this decision has been made by PWE...

PWE probably doesnt know the impact or cant decide...

THIS... this is exactly the problem Velvet... PWE needs to allocate at least one staff member to play FW... become familiar with the game... and advise them about what changes should or shouldn't be implemented for the US/EU servers... as well as reasonable pricing for this region.

If they would have Domino do this for us... instead of having him do this...

Side-Step All The Important Issues

It would really improve the game and might even increase the player-base... js

• tutilake88
    edited February 2015
    THIS... this is exactly the problem Velvet... PWE needs to allocate at least one staff member to play FW... become familiar with the game... and advise them about what changes should or shouldn't be implemented for the US/EU servers... as well as reasonable pricing for this region.

LMFAO! This is exactlyyyy what Domino is responsible for. x'D

I can't agree more.
  • XZeal - Storm Legion
    XZeal - Storm Legion Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't worry too much about the gems they just missed one part of the translation. I translated some of these about a year ago.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/147zvynWTdQhOhl0iEkQhN4EuYfz4LFTbip7v4C015Dw/edit

6. Glistening Lowland reward now changed to Ghastly Flare Gembox. Level 60 + players
    will also get an additional Flare Gembox (Unbound). Need 60+ dedication or else you'll get both bound.

For chinese who wants further verify this:
    6、流光之地的奖励改为1个灵魂之流光宝石盒,60级以后额外获得1个流光宝石盒(不绑定);

from http://shenmo.wanmei.com/news/gamepost/20140409/158265.shtml

as for lvl2 gem from gfc, it's a mistranslation that's just level2 runes as usual

for verification: from http://shenmo.wanmei.com/news/gamepost/20140624/160684.shtml

13、每周三12:00-23:00开启鬼牙堡,你可以选择在快速组队界面报名进入,或3人以上队伍在副本门口处进入每人可以进入三次。每周首次完成鬼牙堡获得大量经验和信仰奖励。副本掉落2级符文。
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2015

He does play the game, as is advising croxe on what players do and don't want. He is not superman though. The last fa1 sale he put on because players said it had been to long between it in game. Notice also the fash is coming back to the shop minus the stuff unwearable by all classes? How long have people been complaining about it...
  • Nemmivi - Eyrda
    Nemmivi - Eyrda Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't worry too much about the gems they just missed one part of the translation. I translated some of these about a year ago.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/147zvynWTdQhOhl0iEkQhN4EuYfz4LFTbip7v4C015Dw/edit

6. Glistening Lowland reward now changed to Ghastly Flare Gembox. Level 60 + players
    will also get an additional Flare Gembox (Unbound). Need 60+ dedication or else you'll get both bound.

as for lvl2 gem from gfc, it's a mistranslation that's just level2 runes as usual

for verification: from http://shenmo.wanmei.com/news/gamepost/20140624/160684.shtml

13、每周三12:00-23:00开启鬼牙堡,你可以选择在快速组队界面报名进入,或3人以上队伍在副本门口处进入每人可以进入三次。每周首次完成鬼牙堡获得大量经验和信仰奖励。副本掉落2级符文。

Thx Zeal, it's sad when someone else's translations are better than the officials itself
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Still makes gem farming impossible, unless people want to get 60 dedi on all their alts.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • tutilake88
    edited February 2015
    [...] Notice also the fash is coming back to the shop minus the stuff unwearable by all classes? How long have people been complaining about it...

I'll believe it when I SEE IT. Because PWE staff is famous for big promises and shiny words and I'm not a pigeon...
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2015

THIS IS CORRECT

I have just had another person verify, the direct translation is:

GL CHANGE:
    Reward is 1 1x soul gem box
    after lv60 1 + 1 gem box UNBOUND
  • sobe25
    sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Still makes gem farming impossible, unless people want to get 60 dedi on all their alts.

Time for them to make friends and farm together then lol. Stock up on those mentor points!

I personally only ever do GL on luck days so that change doesn't really matter to me.
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • KevinCoutu - Storm Legion
    KevinCoutu - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sobe25 wrote: »
    Time for them to make friends and farm together then lol. Stock up on those mentor points!

I personally only ever do GL on luck days so that change doesn't really matter to me.

How about a 10G ragefire I? will that matter to you?
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited February 2015

that would only tempt me to sell gems rather than farm them for use, still a win!
  • KevinCoutu - Storm Legion
    KevinCoutu - Storm Legion Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    amarantos wrote: »
    that would only tempt me to sell gems rather than farm them for use, still a win!

missed the point completely...
  • _Humpriest - Illyfue
    _Humpriest - Illyfue Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Don't know about him but to me it wouldn't...I've never bought gems,I essentially farmed all from bound gemboxes. I'm also not planning to buy any gems in the future. The change hurts the people who sell gems the most. It also hurts anyone who is starting and doesn't have the immense patience required to play the game for 2 years before getting level 2 wings like me.

The part about nightmare carnival is kinda unclear..can you still get gold from NC or not with alts. If not there's no way for a newbie to earn gold in the game :(
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The people defending this decision's only point is?

It doesn't affect me so it's ok. L O L

Look at the bigger picture instead of focusing purely off yourselves for once. The only thing I look forward to from this patch is the fact that when the gem market is pretty much gone, the massive QQ threads on the forums from those who don't want to farm or do anything. It wont even affect me much as I stand to make enough money from this to max my resistance and retire due to the rise in price from GL, I just think its pure horse **** that they screwed it for others who make money from this
  • sobe25
    edited February 2015
    sharii69 wrote: »
    The people defending this decision's only point is?

It doesn't affect me so it's ok. L O L

Look at the bigger picture instead of focusing purely off yourselves for once. The only thing I look forward to from this patch is the fact that when the gem market is pretty much gone, the massive QQ threads on the forums from those who don't want to farm or do anything. It wont even affect me much as I stand to make enough money from this to max my resistance and retire due to the rise in price from GL, I just think its pure horse **** that they screwed it for others who make money from this

You do realize how this works right? They get the patch and apply.. take out stuff if needed, but they cant edit things like that without CN doing it for them and sending back here. Its why almost all the bugs that have never been fixed is still there.

I don't buy or sell gems so it does not matter to me one bit. However, like someone said if they have 60+ dedication they do in fact get an unbound gem. So like I said, make some friends (its an mmo so people should do that anyway) and farm some mentor points and GL on 1 toon with them.

Is it less than before? Sure.

Is it enough of a change to give yourself a heart attack over from all the stress and rage? Most likey not.
    xn855c.png
  • sharii69
    edited February 2015
    sobe25 wrote: »
    You do realize how this works right? They get the patch and apply.. take out stuff if needed, but they cant edit things like that without CN doing it for them and sending back here. Its why almost all the bugs that have never been fixed is still there.

I don't buy or sell gems so it does not matter to me one bit. However, like someone said if they have 60+ dedication they do in fact get an unbound gem. So like I said, make some friends (its an mmo so people should do that anyway) and farm some mentor points and GL on 1 toon with them.

Is it less than before? Sure.

Is it enough of a change to give yourself a heart attack over from all the stress and rage? Most likey not.

This is wrong, they edited sign ins. In CN you have to have dedi in order to do your check in so they clearly have some pull in that direction.

So only the people who work and study get screwed then. 1 unbound gem after 60 dedi.. what a joke.. That's ok though, i'm not stressing mate, like I said I stand to get even more filthy rich from this. I will make sure I double gem prices now though, to force people to come on forums and hopefully in turn get GM's to do something about it T;Nosebleeding
  • sobe25
    edited February 2015
    This is wrong, they edited sign ins. In CN you have to have dedi in order to do your check in so they clearly have some pull in that direction.

So only the people who work and study get screwed then. 1 unbound gem after 60 dedi.. what a joke.. That's ok though, i'm not stressing mate, like I said I stand to get even more filthy rich from this. I will make sure I double gem prices now though, to force people to come on forums and hopefully in turn get GM's to do something about it T;Nosebleeding

I'm all for them keeping GL like it is for us now. Just if it doesn't I am pointing out that they can still in fact farm it to some degree.
    xn855c.png
  • VyXantia - Lionheart
    edited February 2015
    He does play the game, as is advising croxe on what players do and don't want. He is not superman though. The last fa1 sale he put on because players said it had been to long between it in game. Notice also the fash is coming back to the shop minus the stuff unwearable by all classes? How long have people been complaining about it...

Hey Bhyl... for your sake (and all my other friends/guildies who still play on retail)... I hope you're right. It would be great if PWE would allow Domino to do more than just entertain/distract the masses...

• spiceywings
    spiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    all the people who are saying those that find themselves unaffected by gl are only being selfish and not thinking about the big picture, are also being selfish themselves.

i dont buy gems or run gl -> not affected, but i should whine about it because not everyone plays this way

i farm gl and buy gems -> heavily affected, but i should not whine about it because not everyone plays this way

its all a matter of perspective. some people would be happy for a increased gem market, some would not. if you want to keep playing the game either you will deal with it and find ways around this if it does have as big an impact as people think, or you can just quit and find a new game.

no i dont think pwe has any say in this as it is/was a CN change. like velvet listed earlier CN has many other ways to get gems that have been removed, which is directly PWEs fault. im guessing our checkins havent been nerfed because we didnt get that patch yet, which might be seen after this update.
  • AeonRuin - Lionheart
    AeonRuin - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2015

How immature...

Besides, the only people buying lv1 gems are people with a lot of gold and/or people with no patience. Majority just throw gems in AH in hopes that they sell, assuming that they got something decent. if selling those lame lv1 gems is your main source of income then that's sad. The only people who use to make higher level gems are people who are 1) winged already and 2) don't need the gems.

There will only be an influx because silly people can't profiteer from making and selling lv3 gems.
  • sharii69
    edited February 2015
    How immature...

Besides, the only people buying lv1 gems are people with a lot of gold and/or people with no patience. Majority just throw gems in AH in hopes that they sell, assuming that they got something decent. if selling those lame lv1 gems is your main source of income then that's sad. The only people who use to make higher level gems are people who are 1) winged already and 2) don't need the gems.

There will only be an influx because silly people can't profiteer from making and selling lv3 gems.

About 95% of the server buy lvl 1 gems, to say otherwise is stupid. You call me immature for upping the price of lvl 1 gems and think that gems is my only source of income? xD
    Sadly mistaken and clearly dont know me.

Lcl 3 gems? Are you one of these delusionals that think we are getting the gem flare card? What are you talking about? Lol

I don't even know if I should take this seriously or not you clearly have no idea at all..
  • Lourd - Eyrda
    Lourd - Eyrda Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited February 2015

rage 4 is 9d max and you want to get 10g for rage 1s? dream on buddy

this change, taken with the fact you will need 60 dedi to get unbound gems, will only really hurt hardcore gl farmers. yes it may choke the gem market initially, but once the gem prices go up a bit a lot more people will be willing to run gl, so it will roughly even out. also note the fact that HR now gives DOUBLE mastery/resistance points. that is fantastic news for anyone who still needs to max light resist or w/e or is making an alt.