SG suggestion - due to sg shortage among newer players

VelvetStrike - Illyfue
VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
I am posting it here because nobody reads suggestion box..

The lvl 90 king claudeus imperial orders currently give lv80 pots/flying energy/random dyes and some super rare mount (in case a gm reading this didnt know). They need 2 Billion exp to unseal and you can do this once a day. Quite much work for basicly nothing, while everybody actively upgrading their characters need sg a lot more.

Thats why im suggesting to maybe add an additional sg reward upon unsealing the claudeus imperial order, like a random reward of 50-100-200 sg would fit nicely with the amount of work and won't be a game breaking change - just a little additional motivation of being active in the game and making the sp tree a smaller size of a pain in the **** :)
Post edited by VelvetStrike - Illyfue on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Marantha - Illyfue
    Marantha - Illyfue Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It already does (very rarely) give a 5D sg reward :)
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    edited January 2015
    It already does (very rarely) give a 5D sg reward :)

I never had that in ~100 orders xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haareth - Illyfue
    Haareth - Illyfue Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I never had sg from it, just inmense amount of pots and maybe some dyes, pretty useless stuff.
    If they'd put decent soulgold drop from orders that'd make me be more active since the only thing I do in game is standing in the middle of fh when i already finished my henries/isles 1sd quest xD

Been trying to open that silly last rune slot since patch came out and finding it impossible already, the spending soulgold rate is higher than all the attempts to save it -.-
    ~ Clyfar - Divine/glacial priest ~ Rapsodiah - LightWater/wind bard

- Nupi videos in youtube.com/channel/UC0yrEAYP0eZUKKfeklBHumQ -
  • Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if you need soul gold there is a quest in gloomy forest than gives about 30sg total and takes like 10 seconds to complete

young man in a three

not much but every bit helps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RocksYaSoxOff - Storm Legion
    RocksYaSoxOff - Storm Legion Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    if you need soul gold there is a quest in gloomy forest than gives about 30sg total and takes like 10 seconds to complete

young man in a three

not much but every bit helps

That's one of many soul coin dailies. It pays out 30sg if you haven't done it in 7 days. Not all soul coin dailies pay the same, as mentioned though every bit helps.

Other soul coin dailies;

- River Isish's Dead, around the corner from Towerpush track stone
    - Boolta's Stone Factory
    - Thirsty Tribe Survivors
    - smithfire bandit
    - friends of the dwarves
    - friends of the elves
    - gators in the spring
    - Mike's Treasure
    - Aerial Assault

There are several more that I could list, but can find them in the quest list in game. Every week if you dedicate a day of no instance runs, daily quests, henries etc, you can easily make a few soul diamond just off of these after 7 days of not running them.
  • Demyx - Storm Legion
    Demyx - Storm Legion Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's also a couple large sources. Johnny in Free Isles has a 1D sg daily quest. If your guild has a base that's been upgraded you can get 3D sg weekly from the bank. Henry may suck...but he normally gives an additional 30sg a day.

All that being said, when it costs 5D sg to upgrade something, it goes fairly quick...and that's not even talking refines :)
    Part of the fun of playing the game is wading through 98% of the idiots and trolls to find the 2% who you enjoy playing with.
  • Haareth - Illyfue
    Haareth - Illyfue Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ...All that being said, when it costs 5D sg to upgrade something, it goes fairly quick...

are you sure about that? xD have you tried to open last rune slot or getting past 15/20 on super crit/endurance/tenacity/spirit defense on both nyos and dyos? xD because i can tell you at least the rune slot costs 40sd to open 1st level (so imagine trying to embed a lv3 or 4 rune, gl on that)
    ~ Clyfar - Divine/glacial priest ~ Rapsodiah - LightWater/wind bard

- Nupi videos in youtube.com/channel/UC0yrEAYP0eZUKKfeklBHumQ -
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    edited January 2015
    Dont get me wrong here but my sin doesnt need sg for anything anymore and i couldnt care less if they implement new ways or not, i am playing a reaper without any aids (haha aids), and i see how hard it is to make a choice of: hmm should i try 10/12 this item with a low chance or upgrade 1 lvl of sp. It is just an alt and i dont care if it progresses slowly, but what i made this thread for is for new players, if that alt was my only character i would be long gone here, you need a full day of work for either a chance of upgrading or farming half a soulpower level.

This is why we barely have new players. The sg rate for continueing players over the years is more than fine, we get a new feature or 10 more lvls of sp and we gradually farm our way up as new sg sinks get implemented. But as a new player you have to farm everything at once, which we as long term players have farmed gradually over the years.

edit: when i talk about a full day of work i am talking about what a low character can do per day, not a fully geared main, so no worldboss farming etc..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FinalWeapo - Storm Legion
    FinalWeapo - Storm Legion Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ancient Invasion quest (x7) gives a lot of sg too.
    T;Sly
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yeah, i dont really feel sg crisis on my main because it had most things completed way before 90 update, but on my br alt i really feel it. all my gear is 9/10 fort and gonna stay that way til im done with sp tree, but even then everything is maxed up to the super talents, all at 10/20 so far, and really pains me to buy a new level because all the sg i just farmed goes poof. and unless i wanna spend all day farming wbs i gain more sp in overnight botting than i do in sg to afford the talent level. i do smuggler quest every day, 10 henries. item invasion is nice for about 2.1sD once a week, guild base npc, guild base chest giving sg box. a friend of mine has gotten the 5sD reward from king box a couple times but ive never seen it myself. and farming anc/nc each week is pretty boring for a small amount (i only do it on saturdays if at all for double tokens). if you have spare social contribution, buy the cheapest pet scrolls from rep agents and vendor them.

two months ago i used up all of my sg to open up lv1 and 2 black slots in my 2nd sp tree (lv4 slot in main tree), and have since been able to farm just over 100sD from leisurely dailies (if i farm wbs the chests go to my br alt for sg). but yeah, for a new player it most definitely isnt enough. the lower level main quests give a ton of sg, but not alot of sg is really needed at lower levels and that gets eaten up very quickly at higher levels. there also is hardly any new main quests with the 90 update, and no large sg reward quests other than the smuggler one.
  • banjankly
    banjankly Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    All of you guys that suggest that many ways of farming sg have for sure the black rune slot maxed. Piece of cake to farm 320SD for lvl4 and around 650SD for lvl5 right? lol Not to meantion the anima or to make gear +12.
    So tell me again how often you do the young man in the tree quest for that? ;D
    The idea is awsome and there should me much more easier ways to get sg in the game since so many stuff needs plenty of sg.
    ANd not everyone can abuse the xserver bug for it ;)
  • Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    banjankly wrote: »
    All of you guys that suggest that many ways of farming sg have for sure the black rune slot maxed. Piece of cake to farm 320SD for lvl4 and around 650SD for lvl5 right? lol Not to meantion the anima or to make gear +12.
    The idea is awsome and there should me much more easier ways to get sg in the game since so many stuff needs plenty of sg.

who can abuse x server?

anyone remember when the guild base only gave 49sg per week? at least there is more soulgold compared to past updates

ill be happy if the soul gold boxes where one ToF each
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    banjankly wrote: »

in case you werent reading this thread is about the struggle for mostly newer players, players who never had access to the xserver bug when it was available. players who have to deal with fortifying gear NOW and training animas NOW and leveling sp talents NOW are majorly feeling the burn. the xserver glitch was pwe's own fault, but the fact that players cant maintain a proper spending to attaining ratio for soul gold is an error with the game itself and given all the slacking and bad stuff going on around here, some sg bonuses would be a really nice gift.

some people are trying to help out by contributing methods of farming sg and people are STILL so salty about the xserver bug. i have watched our sg ranks and seen players farm wbs and other stuff all day every day and have been able to afford leveling up the black rune slot, so by this time almost a YEAR after 90 update and you dont have it maxed or leveled where you want it as a veteran player then you have no one to blame but your own laziness.
  • legendpve
    legendpve Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Honestly, I do feel the lack of SG being an issue but it's not the worst. I feel that SP was like that for a while until they began doing x2 SP a year or so back.
    Now getting SP is so easy and I know BR's who have their SP maxed where it would take lots of botting/farming a year or more ago.

I feel that a lot of things in this game can be obtained easily/quickly through gold. Even Fgem system you can pay gold to make it quicker. SP? You can buy that too. Also SG you can exchange ToFs for. As much as these are nice options, I wish there were some things that separate old players from new players. Like, given an unlimited amount of gold, one can easily create and build a toon that is as OP as one that has played for 3+ years.

I think that the SG issue is just another way to slow down the new toons from achieving what older toons will in a fraction of the time.

Trust me, I would love an easier way to get SG, but if you farm SG for a couple weeks, you can +1 the rune slot. Give it another few weeks, +2. I remember farming my war god set for 45 or so weeks and it was great when I finally got it. No one complained about how long it takes to farm the entire war god set then, and Im sure in 45 weeks any well-geared toon can farm enough SG for either lv4 or 5 rune slot, especially since it's not very uncommon to get 1SD from an elite wb drop.
    rYqpf46.png
    Leitner - Defense Buff Protector of Storm.
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    Celennes - Illyfue Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I would like to see more ways to get SG because honestly for me biggest issue updating my soulpower passives is the lack of SG. 5-10sd to raise one level is pretty huge amount.
    Celennes - Level 90 frost mage. New sig coming "soon". | <Balerion Slayer> |
    <Hero of Summit of Elements> |
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    edited January 2015
    legendpve wrote: »
    Honestly, I do feel the lack of SG being an issue but it's not the worst. I feel that SP was like that for a while until they began doing x2 SP a year or so back.
    Now getting SP is so easy and I know BR's who have their SP maxed where it would take lots of botting/farming a year or more ago.

I feel that a lot of things in this game can be obtained easily/quickly through gold. Even Fgem system you can pay gold to make it quicker. SP? You can buy that too. Also SG you can exchange ToFs for. As much as these are nice options, I wish there were some things that separate old players from new players. Like, given an unlimited amount of gold, one can easily create and build a toon that is as OP as one that has played for 3+ years.

I think that the SG issue is just another way to slow down the new toons from achieving what older toons will in a fraction of the time.

Trust me, I would love an easier way to get SG, but if you farm SG for a couple weeks, you can +1 the rune slot. Give it another few weeks, +2. I remember farming my war god set for 45 or so weeks and it was great when I finally got it. No one complained about how long it takes to farm the entire war god set then, and Im sure in 45 weeks any well-geared toon can farm enough SG for either lv4 or 5 rune slot, especially since it's not very uncommon to get 1SD from an elite wb drop.

i see your point and you are right, but it's out of focus. These reapers you are talking about are most likely alts of active mains, meaning they can transfer fortifys from lv30 gear, as they most likely have some sidemoney, else they wouldnt make an alt.

Leaving out the fortification sg costs means their alts can focus entirely (or nearly entirely) on soulpower upgrades. A new player can't focus on 1 thing without being entirely useless, a new player is lost in all the different types of upgrades that all require a huge amount of sg.

My reaper for example has an easy time too compared to many others, i simply made all gear 9/12 on low items and transfered it to the rest, which allowed me to get semi-decent soulpower while slacking quite much. But when i tried getting 10/12 on the 9/12 transfered pieces.. ohh boy bye soulgold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i have a friend who maxed both sf tree entirely. How? botting 24h/7 for more than a year... sound fun no? ^^ (his name is machtrois, for people who remember him on eu, natsss on the forum)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legendpve
    legendpve Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i see your point and you are right, but it's out of focus. These reapers you are talking about are most likely alts of active mains, meaning they can transfer fortifys from lv30 gear, as they most likely have some sidemoney, else they wouldnt make an alt.

Leaving out the fortification sg costs means their alts can focus entirely (or nearly entirely) on soulpower upgrades. A new player can't focus on 1 thing without being entirely useless, a new player is lost in all the different types of upgrades that all require a huge amount of sg.

My reaper for example has an easy time too compared to many others, i simply made all gear 9/12 on low items and transfered it to the rest, which allowed me to get semi-decent soulpower while slacking quite much. But when i tried getting 10/12 on the 9/12 transfered pieces.. ohh boy bye soulgold.

Not to argue your point as it is valid, but new players do not need 12/12 gears fast as they still need to learn all other aspects of the game. As you mentioned, SG only poses a problem going from 9/12 and up (since up to that point the chances of success can be pretty high).

Nor does Soul Power require so much soul power tree require much SG until past lv 80 or 90 gate.

Also, with the closing of another private server, a few new players have come, dumped in a lot of money, and are making their way to the top quick since they already know the mechanics of the game.
    The fact that these players who have played for a month can put money and make their way to the top is what I find arguable. As it stands, SG is one of the main coefficients that is keeping these players from directly maxing their toons. Used to be Vigor to limit Mastery/Resis training but that can be bought with gold too now.
    rYqpf46.png
    Leitner - Defense Buff Protector of Storm.