Lets gather opinions!

morsaeterna
morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
f84wg.jpg

Honestly this is just my opinion and i want to hear other peoples opinions about how can they make this game worth playing.

(Please avoid flame war comment like:dying game,no players,cs and blaming the staff to hell)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• alyus
    alyus Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The guy being thrown out pretty much sums it up.
    On 8/20/14 at 9:07 AM we have been informed that we lost another member of the FW team to go off to another title. RIP GreyjoyKraken. All hope for FW is forever lost...
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The ugly truth is that china DOES NOT CARE about this version of the game, they look at it as extra money on the side, they do the least they can for this version so that it is at least somewhat playable; all for that extra US dollar.

Although this version is very broken, I can say with 100% confidence that we will get new patches, we will get FW2, we will get patches that come after FW2. They will be delayed, and they will be full of bugs so long as those bugs don't make the game absolutely unplayable. The people who say that we'll never get FW2 are just silly, PWE/Wanmei wouldn't let the chance for cash slip between their fingers.

What can we do? Absolutely nothing; nothing at all. There's nothing we can do, besides of course stop playing. But it won't grab PWE's attention, they'll see people leaving and just decide to pop charge rewards more often to make up for that cash leaving the game.

PWE is a very, hmmm... sad company. A lot of their games rely on the few "cash cows" as many call them, the people that A. Don't have a family to spend their extra cash on, B. Out of addiction for the game, spend money they can't afford, C. Are just rich enough that they don't give an F about dropping a couple thousand on the game. This is very obvious, just look at the cash shopper rewards; fancy soulforce trinket, cool and fast flying mounts, titles, etc.

It's a very unethical thing that these kinds of companys are doing. Taking advantage of peoples addictions and continue to hide behind the lie that "these players don't HAVE to give us their money, it's their free will." which in some cases are true, but these games are very addicting and people do get addicted. No better than any drugs out there.

But hey, that's life. It's not all sunshine and rainbows.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Welcome to the cynical club, MrInfamous. You were such an avid supporter before 0.o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The ugly truth is that china DOES NOT CARE about this version of the game, they look at it as extra money on the side, they do the least they can for this version so that it is at least somewhat playable; all for that extra US dollar.

Although this version is very broken, I can say with 100% confidence that we will get new patches, we will get FW2, we will get patches that come after FW2. They will be delayed, and they will be full of bugs so long as those bugs don't make the game absolutely unplayable. The people who say that we'll never get FW2 are just silly, PWE/Wanmei wouldn't let the chance for cash slip between their fingers.

What can we do? Absolutely nothing; nothing at all. There's nothing we can do, besides of course stop playing. But it won't grab PWE's attention, they'll see people leaving and just decide to pop charge rewards more often to make up for that cash leaving the game.

PWE is a very, hmmm... sad company. A lot of their games rely on the few "cash cows" as many call them, the people that A. Don't have a family to spend their extra cash on, B. Out of addiction for the game, spend money they can't afford, C. Are just rich enough that they don't give an F about dropping a couple thousand on the game. This is very obvious, just look at the cash shopper rewards; fancy soulforce trinket, cool and fast flying mounts, titles, etc.

It's a very unethical thing that these kinds of companys are doing. Taking advantage of peoples addictions and continue to hide behind the lie that "these players don't HAVE to give us their money, it's their free will." which in some cases are true, but these games are very addicting and people do get addicted. No better than any drugs out there.

Southpark covered your rant nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bbadggirll
    bbadggirll Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    alyus wrote: »
    The guy being thrown out pretty much sums it up.

+1.
    What's the point of gathering opinions? What's it going to change?
    Welcome to the cynical club, MrInfamous. You were such an avid supporter before 0.o.

It's not cynical, it's reality. I mean, look at the state of the game thread. Now look at the one thread that reported payment issues... One hasn't been updated in months, the other got an admin response immediately, even if it was just to say "Idk wat u talkin' 'bout, Willis". I think that speaks for itself, really.

EDIT: Lol, they took it off sticky but didn't post in or update the status thread. :( Generally FW staff just doesn't want to talk to the players unless it involves money. And they wonder why folks don't stick around and long time members are leaving...
    Dorkly.com, "How every awful video game thing was born". Look it up, because FW is linkaphobic.
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Southpark covered your rant nicely.

ahahah i loved that episode, thought of myself. xD

ontopic: completely agree with text mrinfamous, however picture tells the story in a more entertaining way..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • infamous628
    edited December 2014

Meh, I support PWE in some ways and not in others. I do think that some things that go on with FW are legitimately not their fault and is instead Wanmei's. So in that respect I do still back them, I just don't think they should get ALL the hate that is dropped on them because of FW's unplayability; a lot more of it should be put on China.
    Lionheart Server
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Meh, I support PWE in some ways and not in others. I do think that some things that go on with FW are legitimately not their fault and is instead Wanmei's. So in that respect I do still back them, I just don't think they should get ALL the hate that is dropped on them because of FW's unplayability; a lot more of it should be put on China.

Removing staff is their fault not CN, what SP episode can i get a hint?
  • morsaeterna
    edited December 2014
    bbadggirll wrote: »
    +1.
    What's the point of gathering opinions? What's it going to change?

Well basically nothing, we all know that the forums are abadoned by the staff (expect our poor mods).
    I just wanted to hear peoples opinions without those flame war trolls coming up and saying things what gonna lock the thread.
    But back to the topic what do you think what could make this game better? (new type of sales, insane bug fixing, advertising it in all man known place, etc...)
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    edited December 2014
    So basically people get to say what I've been saying for months now, but when I try to say it, I get flamed. Good to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well basically nothing, we all know that the forums are abadoned by the staff (expect our poor mods).
    I just wanted to hear peoples opinions without those flame war trolls coming up and saying things what gonna lock the thread.
    But back to the topic what do you think what could make this game better? (new type of sales, insane bug fixing, advertising it in all man known place, etc...)

Well, i would take away "advertise" from your list, really you would ever advice anyone to start this game unless he's gonna cs a lot? for what? to be a training dummy for old players/new csers in any form of pvp and totally useless fillers in pve?

Right now with all what you get csing (you can see kinda "new csers" with already lvl 4 wings, gold this and that, huge res, wish i had spent my money after FW became the cs paradise is now...) if you dont have an already good char that allow you to solo farm stuff you wont get anywhere, so no, i would just advice to start this game to someone i dont like at all :P

"New type of sale", well, i would like to see OLD type of sale, now there's Always ***** fusions and midas and some orbs... (and PWE, ROFLMAO at the sale active right now, the fox orb? the normal one in sale after you handed over countless foxes? really you think anyone is gonna get even ONE?.

Pet stuff for example, maybe i missed it cuz tbh dont really check what's in cs anymore but, pet skills? when was last time they wa son sale? major Crystal? (and seen pwe also handed countless empy lately...)

But well, overall pwe is doing a good job, remind you their job is making money out of this, not "have ppls have fun and be happy", they make quite lot of money out of a B serie game, with "3 cats" as staff and very low expenses.

Scorpioluca
  • infamous628
    edited December 2014
    So basically people get to say what I've been saying for months now, but when I try to say it, I get flamed. Good to know.

I just think a lot of people turn against you simply cause you don't really play as far as I know, you just come back to (more or less) talk ****, least that's what I and probably a lot of others see from you.
    Lionheart Server
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
  • spiceywings
    spiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just think a lot of people turn against you simply cause you don't really play as far as I know, you just come back to (more or less) talk ****, least that's what I and probably a lot of others see from you.

she's back to playing again because the game she tried so hard to pull everyone to and csed a buttload on turned out to be worse than pwe/fw, and everyone loves to fall back on good ol' fw when other things don't pan out. and the hypocrisy is just too good to ignore. but back on topic I think it's safe to say most of us realize things are pretty crappy, but wanting them to be better isn't necessarily a bad or useless thing. proactive discussion is good and all but I don't really thing anyone is around to hear it anymore. croxe does the bare minimum required, which is pretty disappointing.
  • DivineSpirits - Storm Legion
    DivineSpirits - Storm Legion Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    but back on topic I think it's safe to say most of us realize things are pretty crappy, but wanting them to be better isn't necessarily a bad or useless thing. proactive discussion is good and all but I don't really thing anyone is around to hear it anymore. croxe does the bare minimum required, which is pretty disappointing.

I think the only crappy thing is a few minor bugs and, as everyone knows, the lack of communication. How much time does it take to make a post 1x per day (if it's your job, and getting paid to do it)? Even if you have multiple games like Croxe does, that can be done in a short period of time.

I do tend to sympathize with the mods here because EVERY other MMO I've played there has been NO WAY possible to get a GM response for ANYTHING. However, the only reason we make demands here are cuz things are broke that shouldnt be. If the bugs were fixed, we'd assume the job is being done and wouldnt come here with countless threads asking for explanations/making requests of staff.

The solution isn't better communication (though that would alleviate much of the tension in FW community); the real solution is bug fixes. No one cares to hear from a mod if the game is working as it should.
    [SIGPIC]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Tysterkaar/SirFanion.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage) || DivineAuror (Divine Priest) || SirFanion (Elemental Warrior)
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    she's back to playing again because the game she tried so hard to pull everyone to and csed a buttload on turned out to be worse than pwe/fw,

Well im happy with my new game, what fun is a game when u put a bot on and go do something else.
  • morsaeterna
    edited December 2014
    I think the only crappy thing is a few minor bugs and, as everyone knows, the lack of communication. How much time does it take to make a post 1x per day (if it's your job, and getting paid to do it)? Even if you have multiple games like Croxe does, that can be done in a short period of time.

I do tend to sympathize with the mods here because EVERY other MMO I've played there has been NO WAY possible to get a GM response for ANYTHING. However, the only reason we make demands here are cuz things are broke that shouldnt be. If the bugs were fixed, we'd assume the job is being done and wouldnt come here with countless threads asking for explanations/making requests of staff.

The solution isn't better communication (though that would alleviate much of the tension in FW community); the real solution is bug fixes. No one cares to hear from a mod if the game is working as it should.

Well i think we can all agree with that. IF they would fix that few gamebreaking/insanely annoying bugs (guide quest, orbs not working in es,random mega hit in es,server instability aka lag, halted load, etc...) that would be enough for some time.

I would be happy if they would put different ittems on sale. (we got a lot of stuff in the leaf shop, why not put a randomized program on it to give out random weekly small sales?)
  • bbadggirll
    bbadggirll Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well i think we can all agree with that. IF they would fix that few gamebreaking/insanely annoying bugs (guide quest, orbs not working in es,random mega hit in es,server instability aka lag, halted load, etc...) that would be enough for some time.

I would be happy if they would put different ittems on sale. (we got a lot of stuff in the leaf shop, why not put a randomized program on it to give out random weekly small sales?)

It's really not just "a few" bugs that need to be fixed, and even then, fixes don't do anything for the lack of content. A boring game that runs really well is much more playable than a boring game that's buggy as hell, but it's still boring. The way FW has been going lately, they've actually removed a lot more of the content that we had before, on top of not having added anything new in general.
    Dorkly.com, "How every awful video game thing was born". Look it up, because FW is linkaphobic.
  • RaizensFur - Nyos
    RaizensFur - Nyos Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ive long quit fw for another game, so if you guys wish to ignore my post, fine by me.

Now this new game has a somewhat similar construction to FW. It's chinese based and it has a huge chinese version along with a westernized, slightly watered down, version. Thats where the similarities end tho. That game has a 'supermod' whos in direct contact with the devs and that 'supermod' has the power to actually give items to players. And if need be, this person can call the devs, have a quick chat about a pressing issue and with the devs persmission, actually do something ingame to help the player(s) out! There was also a thread on our forums in which we, the players, were asked what we want to see and low and behold certain things were implemented!

Now im not here to preach how fantastic that game is and how **** FW is, im just saying that there are games where the publisher/developer actually give a damn about their community.

I honestly hope ill come back to these forums in a few monthes and see loads of improvement, but in all honesty i doubt it. Untill then, good luck!
  • infamous628
    edited December 2014
    Ive long quit fw for another game, so if you guys wish to ignore my post, fine by me.

Now this new game has a somewhat similar construction to FW. It's chinese based and it has a huge chinese version along with a westernized, slightly watered down, version. Thats where the similarities end tho. That game has a 'supermod' whos in direct contact with the devs and that 'supermod' has the power to actually give items to players. And if need be, this person can call the devs, have a quick chat about a pressing issue and with the devs persmission, actually do something ingame to help the player(s) out! There was also a thread on our forums in which we, the players, were asked what we want to see and low and behold certain things were implemented!

Now im not here to preach how fantastic that game is and how **** FW is, im just saying that there are games where the publisher/developer actually give a damn about their community.

I honestly hope ill come back to these forums in a few monthes and see loads of improvement, but in all honesty i doubt it. Untill then, good luck!

I don't know what game you're talking about, honestly. But I am pretty damn sure, that the developers of that game have a better relationship with the chinese devs (or, they themselves, are the chinese devs) than FW does. That is our biggest issue, I've gathered hints from GM's and some BBB ratings of PWE that PWE and Wanmei are veeeerrryy "long distance" figuratively and litterally.
    Lionheart Server
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
  • anyastroud
    anyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The biggest issue I see is that they strip of features which results in certain bugs.

For the rest it is more or less just adjustments they don't have real control. Like fixing translations, adding items to the shop and so on.

And if you look at the client internals you know the reason why. Any professional programmer could write tools to handle the **** they struggle with.

Tools such as: http://s155.photobucket.com/user/Evil_Devil_2007/media/development.jpg.html
    Greetings to everyone out there
    fw_forum.jpg
  • FinalWeapo - Storm Legion
    FinalWeapo - Storm Legion Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2014

100% agree
    T;Sly
  • DethStrike - Storm Legion
    DethStrike - Storm Legion Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The biggest problem with this game, is that the game that is worth playing and spending money on is CN only.

Our version is a joke. Therefore, our server population is a joke. Likewise, the money they make off this game is a joke compared to what it probably used to be.

I've seen some of the biggest spenders on Storm pick up and leave. I'm sure that we are not the only server who's lost some fat pocketed people. Add all those up and I'm certain a decent chunk of change has left the game.
  • w1ck3dnick
    w1ck3dnick Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the problem with this game stucture is very time consuming:

example, just to collect the champion points for the lvl 90 toons 8.5 k plus for weapons only.
    (where is the craftinf recipe for the items that we can exchange for this, instead of farming points???)

so, imagine if a new players comes, Trying to catch up with an old player (at least on gears), How would could he farm points and at the same time level up fast. (if i am parent and see my kids play computers for so long everyday, i will send him to boot camps, like what parents do in China. (Thats a fact in life)

Rare items not so rare, (LOL), items from orbs just few months old,, The same orb is on sale just for few months. As a CSer, why would i spend money on a newly released orbs, for i know it will be on sale in the next few months? Better have Rares be as Rares (dont devaluate it) or CSing have no reason to spend.

I am always complaining about recipes, this should be available on NPC outside the guild base, can be bought by leaves for Cser, and can be also bought from guild base for non CSer

Our crafting JOb,, (WHATTTTTTT Happened, seems it is mostly useless now) on other games i play, players always aim to level up Jobs, for this is one of money making in game and usefull to.

our pets skills, it is very dissapointing to improve its skills. One need to spend lots of money to get 4 slots open. I hope there wil be a change on pet attributes improving (like level 1 to 6 skills but a condition should be met for a pet to learn the next level skills, instead of random tries).

Our CSer rewards it is sooooooooo boring. I hope there's another way to use our points, Like Roulette draws, where a player can win random items (bound) or bingo draws, or shoot a target. (an extra super rare mount (a mount that adds Mana or HP or pet That will be never be on sale as a reward)

my few cents.

Black_as_Dark
    Illyfue Server
  • morsaeterna
    edited January 2015
    w1ck3dnick wrote: »
    the problem with this game stucture is very time consuming:

example, just to collect the champion points for the lvl 90 toons 8.5 k plus for weapons only.
    (where is the craftinf recipe for the items that we can exchange for this, instead of farming points???)

so, imagine if a new players comes, Trying to catch up with an old player (at least on gears), How would could he farm points and at the same time level up fast. (if i am parent and see my kids play computers for so long everyday, i will send him to boot camps, like what parents do in China. (Thats a fact in life)

Rare items not so rare, (LOL), items from orbs just few months old,, The same orb is on sale just for few months. As a CSer, why would i spend money on a newly released orbs, for i know it will be on sale in the next few months? Better have Rares be as Rares (dont devaluate it) or CSing have no reason to spend.

I am always complaining about recipes, this should be available on NPC outside the guild base, can be bought by leaves for Cser, and can be also bought from guild base for non CSer

Our crafting JOb,, (WHATTTTTTT Happened, seems it is mostly useless now) on other games i play, players always aim to level up Jobs, for this is one of money making in game and usefull to.

our pets skills, it is very dissapointing to improve its skills. One need to spend lots of money to get 4 slots open. I hope there wil be a change on pet attributes improving (like level 1 to 6 skills but a condition should be met for a pet to learn the next level skills, instead of random tries).

Our CSer rewards it is sooooooooo boring. I hope there's another way to use our points, Like Roulette draws, where a player can win random items (bound) or bingo draws, or shoot a target. (an extra super rare mount (a mount that adds Mana or HP or pet That will be never be on sale as a reward)

my few cents.

Black_as_Dark
    Illyfue Server

You know what makes me sad? The thing you said was suggested by countless players in countless threads and they all got ignored.
    I cant even decide they want to make money but they ignore possible high profit ideas or they dont want to make money at all and thats why they ignore these suggestions.
  • saielakes
    saielakes Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Problem is: everything suggested here doesn't matter... the only suggestions that are heard are in chinese forums from chinese players. I guess PWE NA/EU are bound by contracts that don't give them any rights to demand changes or add suggestions. At least that's my personal impression I developed over the last 3 years...
  • w1ck3dnick
    w1ck3dnick Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i am almost a year playing. i am still hoping they will surprise us on the FW2 patch.
  • navarne
    navarne Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    w1ck3dnick wrote: »
    i am almost a year playing. i am still hoping they will surprise us on the FW2 patch.
    awww so cute
  • Kzar - Storm Legion
    Kzar - Storm Legion Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I come by these forums every now and then.All I see is threads like this.Vist the forums for the other PWE games some time.Bet you leave FW after that and never play again.And in case you don't have time for that I will say it flat out.

Neverwinter is still one of the newer PWE games.Only being out for a year and a half.They have had 5 to 6 more or less big/major updates.The game devs vist the forums and talk to players.When there is a problem they update facebook,twiter,arc and their forum.

I could keep going but point is simple...The FW is dead.The PWE staff aren't saying anthing to anyone about what is going on with FW.And when they stop talking it normaly means the game is close to being shut down for good.Seem they are trying to ring out what little cash they can from the people to clueless to see this and leave or the ones that spent so much on this game they might as well own stock in PWE and stay because they would feel like they wasted a ton of money for no reason.And the few that stay because they made friends with people and don't want to lose them.

I don't blame PWE fully.They made mistakes,but China is the main problem.And as it has been said be a few people,they don't much care for the U.S. player base.

And if I come off as a jerk with what I said.I am sorry,but I tell it like I see it.

My closing thought,don't stress over this game or any other.If it's not fun anymore just stop playing.Take what others are saying about how bad things are as just maybe they are that bad.So you spent a ton to be good.You're not losing anything really if you had fun.And losing a game don't mean losing friends.

Keep gaming,keep having fun and just let it (FW) go.
  • VyXantia - Lionheart
    VyXantia - Lionheart Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I come by these forums every now and then.All I see is threads like this.Vist the forums for the other PWE games some time.Bet you leave FW after that and never play again.And in case you don't have time for that I will say it flat out.

Neverwinter is still one of the newer PWE games.Only being out for a year and a half.They have had 5 to 6 more or less big/major updates.The game devs vist the forums and talk to players.When there is a problem they update facebook,twiter,arc and their forum.

I could keep going but point is simple...The FW is dead.The PWE staff aren't saying anthing to anyone about what is going on with FW.And when they stop talking it normaly means the game is close to being shut down for good.Seem they are trying to ring out what little cash they can from the people to clueless to see this and leave or the ones that spent so much on this game they might as well own stock in PWE and stay because they would feel like they wasted a ton of money for no reason.And the few that stay because they made friends with people and don't want to lose them.

I don't blame PWE fully.They made mistakes,but China is the main problem.And as it has been said be a few people,they don't much care for the U.S. player base.

And if I come off as a jerk with what I said.I am sorry,but I tell it like I see it.

My closing thought,don't stress over this game or any other.If it's not fun anymore just stop playing.Take what others are saying about how bad things are as just maybe they are that bad.So you spent a ton to be good.You're not losing anything really if you had fun.And losing a game don't mean losing friends.

Keep gaming,keep having fun and just let it (FW) go.

I am sorry to say that this... exactly this... is what's happening here. I don't know why PWE has chosen to abandon a game that is a cash-cow in CN and could have been the same in the US... but they have and it's only wishful thinking to believe otherwise. :(
    CSers are needed to financially support the game,
    Non-CSers are needed to expand the player base,
    Both are equally important to the game.

So don't be hatin'... :)
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    edited January 2015
    To be honest, at this point almost all issues come from pure abandonment. PW has abandoned the game. There are no content updates. There are no bug fixes. There are no events. There isn't even staff interaction to give updates or at least say that maybe, just maybe, something will come down the line in a few weeks.

It's just... abandoned.

At this point I would just suggest for people to play and enjoy the game for what it is, but don't expect more than what we currently have. Considering the game has been this way for over a year, I do not see anything changing anytime soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]