Trojan in the system

morsaeterna
morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I wonder can it cause any problems if i lose the reportbugs.exe in the game files?
My antivirus detected it as a troyan and deleted it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I wonder can it cause any problems if i lose the reportbugs.exe in the game files?
    My antivirus detected it as a troyan and deleted it.

I 'think' that just gets rid of the reporting bugs program that sometimes pops up when the game crashes. Might be okay without it.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • morsaeterna
    edited November 2014
    I 'think' that just gets rid of the reporting bugs program that sometimes pops up when the game crashes. Might be okay without it.

Ok:) thanks for the answer.
  • Ashtan - Lionheart
    Ashtan - Lionheart Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If your anti-virus is reporting the bug report.exe as a trojan, You have bigger issues. Awhile back I kept getting trojan warnings every other day from a game I purchased and downloaded through Steam. I knew the game was legit but I deleted the files anyways. To make a long story short, I found out I had a program on my computer that was slowly infecting any file that was used a lot. It's not FW game files that are really infected. It's your entire computer. You might want to check it thoroughly and depending what AV you use, you may not even find it. Malwarebytes is a great program to use.
  • alyus
    alyus Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I personally like Microsoft Security Essentials.
    On 8/20/14 at 9:07 AM we have been informed that we lost another member of the FW team to go off to another title. RIP GreyjoyKraken. All hope for FW is forever lost...
  • morsaeterna
    edited November 2014
    If your anti-virus is reporting the bug report.exe as a trojan, You have bigger issues. Awhile back I kept getting trojan warnings every other day from a game I purchased and downloaded through Steam. I knew the game was legit but I deleted the files anyways. To make a long story short, I found out I had a program on my computer that was slowly infecting any file that was used a lot. It's not FW game files that are really infected. It's your entire computer. You might want to check it thoroughly and depending what AV you use, you may not even find it. Malwarebytes is a great program to use.

It was malwarebytes what spotted it as a trojan and the only one.
  • alyus
    edited November 2014
    upgrade your virus scan if possible then run a new scan to make sure.
    On 8/20/14 at 9:07 AM we have been informed that we lost another member of the FW team to go off to another title. RIP GreyjoyKraken. All hope for FW is forever lost...
  • morsaeterna
    edited December 2014
    alyus wrote: »
    upgrade your virus scan if possible then run a new scan to make sure.

Ok i done another scan, i dont found anything with it. Maybe a false positive?
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Scan ur comp with combofix from bleepingcomputer site and u be fine just run as an admin if u use vista/7 if it telll u have some antivirus ignore it just may ask about recovery console so instal it
  • w1ck3dnick
    w1ck3dnick Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOL, the system itself reads your in-game message. They can also read your in-game private messages, your guild chat. Thats on the disclaimer.
  • alyus
    edited December 2014

Seems to be. So that is good lol