test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eryda Down?

Comments

• PerseusPri - Storm LegionPerseusPri - Storm Legion Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Don't mind that one person Tearro. They look for a reason to snit and take it even if they assume those are wrong when some of us do have experience and knowledge regarding internet services and routing. +1 to you good person.
    Who's snitting, just pointing out that some know it alls are self important clowns that dunno the diff between an isp and a server rental issue .. ijs
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    seriously guys
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • kartimkartim Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well, your nightmare has come draken, page 31!
  • paniepandapaniepanda Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    v.v still cant log in lol, guess its just a lil more waiting well i hope
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    small pic but yes my own art.
    edited November 2014
    kartim wrote: »
    well, your nightmare has come draken, page 31!

my nightmare has been true for a while :P
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    edited November 2014
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    my nightmare has been true for a while :P

Do you need some hot coco and a huge hug? i find that tends to help in situations like this.

(i got the hot coco right now due to the snow about to hit my area)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    paniepanda wrote: »
    Do you need some hot coco and a huge hug? i find that tends to help in situations like this.

(i got the hot coco right now due to the snow about to hit my area)

I just need to go read (something other than the forums) :)
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
  • RocksYaSoxOff - Storm LegionRocksYaSoxOff - Storm Legion Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, the traceroutes people posted in Swordsman forums all ended at the same IP address. An address owned by PWI and apparently located in California. I'm just guessing, but that doesn't seem right to me, considering the east coast data center was supposed to be in the northeast someplace. I don't know enough about internet routes, maybe that's normal?

Providing the IP address for Storm Server as of 2013, which I found in a FW thread is still current and up to date, using various web searches, the server is located in Atlanta, Georgia. Surely the people there in 36 plus hours of downtime, could of located the exact hop or hops that is causing the problem by now and working with those individuals to get things fixed.

I ran a trace route to the Lionheart server, everything is the same up to about hop 7 or 8 approximately, that is where is changes to connect to the west coast.

Based on the trace route I ran to connect with East Server, at around hop 5 or 6, there is a timeout, then continues on, at around hop 12 or 13 it would time out, carry on, then finally give out at hop 14. As the signal travels along, the IP addresses for each hop are given in the trace route.

After reading the Swordsman Online forums yesterday, around 7 pm eastern my time, Croxe had replied they had enough info based on trace routes requested from Swordman players. This would have indicated they have a more accurate pinpoint of where to start looking if indeed it's the PWE are not servers messing up.
  • kathyreneekathyrenee Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    well i had no issues till noon east time so feell for the bunch of you
    edited November 2014
    drakenfyre wrote: »
    I just need to go read (something other than the forums) :)

haha i dont wanna know what you wanna read. but hopefully its a friendly marvel comic xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sobe25sobe25 Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Saw the updated thread... got a tiny ray of hope... launched the game... still can't login. Sigh.

The worst thing about all of this is that me and my gf had just came back to FW about a week or two ago after being gone for several months because of being tired of terrible service for years too. We must be masochists.

At least we know someone is actually working on it though, thats a plus I guess. Also, thanks drakenfyre for the sticking around. You cant do a whole lot about this mess, but you do at least try to give communication where you can.
    xn855c.png
    Created by my amazing wife!
  • Tearro - Storm LegionTearro - Storm Legion Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashidvren wrote: »
    Mean while at PWI's Infrastructure Servers....

computer-monitor-cat-7.jpg

LOL now thats funny
    Dark Vamp
    Enigma
  • Mouthgasm - EyrdaMouthgasm - Eyrda Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Who's snitting, just pointing out that some know it alls are self important clowns that dunno the diff between an isp and a server rental issue .. ijs

All you ever do is snit. ijs :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mouthgasm
    Divine/Glacial Lycan Priest
    "Pvp is heart and soul. If your heart isn't in it, your soul will be devoured."
    Coffee is an everyday MUST!
  • DarkWatersX - Storm LegionDarkWatersX - Storm Legion Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Omg is the server down, how will i get all my gbq done, my gq, my check in alts,get my 200 plus dedications to get star crystals just to fail again and again, and what else will you spend soul leafs on anyways fashion.(We made room for new fashion). Oh it pays to get to 90 gear with no dura item to fix high level gear. So with I won't get to level 3 or 4 wings to stand with great stats on a pink lama and my teddy bear in hand in empty freedom harbor.At least i don't feel as bad as the poor suckers that spent 7k and up rl cash only to not be able to log in. I say F the gifts put us all at level 90 with level 4 wings so we can enjoy the week with some power then pull the darn plug.Off to ares server or anywhere but here.

atm even if you have level 4 wings like some have, and great stats you still can't get in lmao. In the end whe're all in the same boat.Just some of spent less for the boat..
  • lcorndogllcorndogl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You are incorrect.. the problem is between THEIR Game and the Router Servers not Our PC'sIf it was our PC's we could not connect to anythingThe break down is communication between the game and the routed hops and not to mention with their customer base as well

Let me explain further, the path from one persons pc may be A-B-C-D-E-F-G where A is the persons PC and G is the Game Servers, if say, link A-B is down, then the data cannot get into the game as if it can't reach B, then it can't get past b to c/d/e/f/g etc.

However someone in a different geographical location may have a path from O-N-M-L-K-J-I-H-G from their PC to the server, with all functioning links.

Each letter represents a router (The internet is made up of copious amounts of these, and if they route information the wrong way it won't reach its destination), meaning that the second person may be able to contact the server due to their route working whilst the first person cannot access it.

This is more than likely the case due to some people being able to access the game whilst others cannot - Upon further testing also, I can access the game whilst tethered to my phone but not through my home wifi - different internet providers which will have a different route through their datacentres (possibly even sending traffic through different countries) to reach the destination, so a link somewhere is not working and causing the issue.

EDIT: If you read my first post more carefully, that's why I stated "The routers situated between your PC and their SERVERS" and not "Your PC and The entire Internet" (Well ok I said situates but that was my phone auto correcting horribly, sorry for any confusion on that part)
  • Deladriel - EyrdaDeladriel - Eyrda Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    [US East] Storm PvE - fweast2.perfectworld.com

[US East] Eyrda PvP - fweast1.perfectworld.com

eyrda and storm ip

when u use DOS prompt u can trace a route from ur personal IP to the server ip and that will connect in middle with lots of different servers, as far as i know, 1 of the servers in middle is not working well. So the random about the issue is, if ur connection at that moment is going by that server that isnt working, u wont login or see the server online. But if ur route change cause they do from time to time, u can connect and see all normal.

So, they are hoping this server in middle get fixed. So there are ppl that had no issue at all cause they never get that route connecting.
  • frosterz91frosterz91 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    wow ye all have so much anger its only a game and they are gonna fix it so lets all chill....
  • lcorndogllcorndogl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    # 1 East Coast Routing Instability
    Yesterday, 06:00 PM
    There is currently a routing issue to the east coast servers. We are in the process of correcting this issue. This is a portal wide disruption of traffic into our data center. We don't have an ETA on a resolution yet.

-The Forsaken World Team-

Meaning: The routing issue is on the server side, not arc, or pwe. What Croxe is waiting for most likely is a response from whoever they lease the server from. It's not something that pwe or arc can fix. It's a waiting game for them aswell to get a response from whoever they lease the active host servers from.

Keep the tea, I got coffee. But a game of chess. Leggo!

It did state "TO the servers" and not just "ON the servers"

Just like someone mentioned that they were working with their ISP - as I mentioned earlier it's a problem with the routing and links - a router gone down or something and other routers still trying to direct traffic through it which means that the data is going to get lost.

Bed time for me at least anyway, no point arguing since noone will actually listen and they just all want to rage

PS: For what it's worth I completed a degree in computer and network engineering
  • Varnania - EyrdaVarnania - Eyrda Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    its still effecting me enough with this issue get it fixed now
  • Rick_Rolled - Storm LegionRick_Rolled - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xjEBbGF.jpg
  • Deladriel - EyrdaDeladriel - Eyrda Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    o.o i wasnt arguing was just trying to explaim to the ones that didnt understand D:
  • amarantosamarantos Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Omg is the server down, how will i get all my gbq done, my gq, my check in alts,get my 200 plus dedications to get star crystals just to fail again and again, and what else will you spend soul leafs on anyways fashion.(We made room for new fashion). Oh it pays to get to 90 gear with no dura item to fix high level gear. So with I won't get to level 3 or 4 wings to stand with great stats on a pink lama and my teddy bear in hand in empty freedom harbor.At least i don't feel as bad as the poor suckers that spent 7k and up rl cash only to not be able to log in. I say F the gifts put us all at level 90 with level 4 wings so we can enjoy the week with some power then pull the darn plug.Off to ares server or anywhere but here.

atm even if you have level 4 wings like some have, and great stats you still can't get in lmao. In the end whe're all in the same boat.Just some of spent less for the boat.

dont be so salty, ive been logged in all night and all morning and all day, only dced once but got right back in again so im happy as a clam (afking in fh ofc). :D
  • PerseusPri - Storm LegionPerseusPri - Storm Legion Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All you ever do is snit. ijs :)

If ur gonna change accounts to try n b clever, at least change your fonts clown. secondly your barcodes dont own a territoru unlike Rick's n some others locked out that stand to lose something, so it makes perfect sense that your only a lil concerned, you have lil to lose

Thank you for updates btw .. saw posted on both forums pretty quick like and it's appreciated
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
    edited November 2014
    anyone able to get in yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kinatei - EyrdaKinatei - Eyrda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    the server has been closed off since wensday (11/5) for me. quite annoying
  • wigglewiggle4242wigglewiggle4242 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Im not going to complain about them not getting fixed yet, but i do wish i could get on here and play, the picture of the toaster was awesome ...its been over 24 hours now and storm is still down
  • trigrhappymetrigrhappyme Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I tried game again, I have to assume even though there was some kind of progress, still no luck logging on. Any word on when it might be fixed?
    edited November 2014
    i wish to play on my paniepye x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drachus - EyrdaDrachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    o.o Just passing by... saw a large thread, thought I'd say hi. I oddly did not even mean to rhyme!

In otherworld news, there are a bunch of us now originally from Eyrda, Storm Legion, and Lionheart. We're going pirate. I blame FW's influence in making us rowdy, trollish, and bloodthirsty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • loveselfyesloveselfyes Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    o.o Just passing by... saw a large thread, thought I'd say hi. I oddly did not even mean to rhyme!

In otherworld news, there are a bunch of us now originally from Eyrda, Storm Legion, and Lionheart. We're going pirate. I blame FW's influence in making us rowdy, trollish, and bloodthirsty.

Come to Lionheart!!!! <3
    text
This discussion has been closed.