Resistances -- Masteries of Bosses and Mobs

bastcreature
bastcreature Posts: 24 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
SO I am leveling up my masteries and resistances, and would like to know how we tell what boss or mob has what masteries, particularly in HR? Or are resistances only good against PvP? I'm assuming they are good for all monsters, as well as other players. Are there any resistances which are more or less needed than others?

Thank you in advance.
Post edited by bastcreature on

Comments

  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    HR uses only def, only boses that use resisances are Elemental bosses all other just def
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pve res are pretty much useless, few wb's (like anyanka or w/e is called, the lvl 78 Flying elite) use a water skill and maybe few other but tbh you can do with 0 res :P

    And about hr everything in there do basic damage so only defence reduce it.

    Yes, basically res are needed only for pvp, soz :P

    Scorpioluca
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pve res are pretty much useless, few wb's (like anyanka or w/e is called, the lvl 78 Flying elite) use a water skill and maybe few other but tbh you can do with 0 res :P

    And about hr everything in there do basic damage so only defence reduce it.

    Yes, basically res are needed only for pvp, soz :P

    Scorpioluca

    Incorrect, if you plan on doing Elemental Bosses for the lv85 purple resistance gear such as:
    w69Kzgo.png
    You need your resistances up in the 950+ zone, depending on which element boss you're doing. These bosses provide the best gear in game atm and you make a lot of cash from them, so saying PvE res is useless is quite wrong. Granted these bosses are for players that are definitely toward the endgame level.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • tavannyl
    tavannyl Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Incorrect, if you plan on doing Elemental Bosses for the lv85 purple resistance gear such as You need your resistances up in the 950+ zone, depending on which element boss you're doing. These bosses provide the best gear in game atm and you make a lot of cash from them, so saying PvE res is useless is quite wrong. Granted these bosses are for players that are definitely toward the endgame level.

    thats not really correct either. needing high resists (901+ to be exact except dark) for those bosses are so you dont accumulate stacks that increase damage taken, but the resists themselves dont reduce damage from the bosses like what OP and the person you quoted were referring to. and if you are pve, that is most definitely not the 'best gear in the game' so why would you even bother with those bosses/gear? has no pve intensity for higher damage.... (aside from helping guild out or something).
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tavannyl wrote: »
    thats not really correct either. needing high resists (901+ to be exact except dark) for those bosses are so you dont accumulate stacks that increase damage taken, but the resists themselves dont reduce damage from the bosses like what OP and the person you quoted were referring to. and if you are pve, that is most definitely not the 'best gear in the game' so why would you even bother with those bosses/gear? has no pve intensity for higher damage.... (aside from helping guild out or something).

    The CC and Cdmg arguably make up for the lack of PvE intensity. And sure you don't NEED the res, but if you actually plan on doing the boss I'd like to see someone survive without the res needed lol. Besides, the bosses are PvE. I was stating a situation that is PvE that requires resistance, seeing as who I responded to said that res are "basically" useless in PvE.

    [Edit] You mentioned these not being the best gear in the game for PvE, although I agree with you somewhat, I'd say that getting the ele boots and another piece would be fantastic with the 6 pieces of champion so that you get the set bonuses of that. I say boots specifically because they at the moment provide the highest HP of any boot gears, excluding the overpriced gold boots.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • tavannyl
    tavannyl Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The CC and Cdmg arguably make up for the lack of PvE intensity. And sure you don't NEED the res, but if you actually plan on doing the boss I'd like to see someone survive without the res needed lol. Besides, the bosses are PvE. I was stating a situation that is PvE that requires resistance, seeing as who I responded to said that res are "basically" useless in PvE.

    [Edit] You mentioned these not being the best gear in the game for PvE, although I agree with you somewhat, I'd say that getting the ele boots and another piece would be fantastic with the 6 pieces of champion so that you get the set bonuses of that. I say boots specifically because they at the moment provide the highest HP of any boot gears, excluding the overpriced gold boots.

    unless you have a full set of gear with pve intensity and a full set of arena/elemental gear to comment on how extra crit damage and chance make up for a lack of pve int, your opinion is purely speculative. i however, have two complete sets, one of 7pc champ + zodiac and one of 5pc arena with hands/boots ele + zod (not switching arena set out for other ele pieces til i have all 7). and i can tell you with 100% certainty that pve damage in arena/ele gear with full crit damage ids is a joke compared to champ set with mostly but not all crit damage ids. while fighting an elemental boss i have tested switching out hands with a 10% crit damage id for champ hands with no crit id at all and they do the same amount. now if i were lucky to get additional crit damage on those champ hands theyd be doing even more damage.

    with the glitches in our x-server, its actually not very hard for someone with low resists to blow all cds and super dps the ele bosses for a few minutes until stacks accumulate then just go to xserver and reset both stacks and cd skills, to rinse and repeat if they were adventurous enough. elemental boots are nice despite no pve int but for most servers you have to have gold to afford buying them or be in the guilds getting the drops, whereas champ boots are relatively cheap point-wise. (free if you get gear drop in ESNM/HM).

    so to the OP, champ gear is certainly the best choice for pve. it was already answered above that hell road is all basic damage to counteract with more defense, not resists. if you have any intention of doing pvp or elemental bosses, investing in resists would be useful but unless you want to spend a year farming the gold or cs a thousand dollars of gold to pump into resists, you likely arent going to get any high enough to matter. just do your hell road 2x a week and collect war god points for free resists points that should suffice for any pve mobs/bosses outside of the elemental prison.
  • bastcreature
    bastcreature Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks guys, glad I know not to waste too much time with Resistances now... been working hard on my fusion gems, but now I won't spend too much time on them. Though they do give some health.

    I'm only PvE btw...
  • cureaustria
    cureaustria Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Incorrect, if you plan on doing Elemental Bosses for the lv85 purple resistance gear such as:
    You need your resistances up in the 950+ zone, depending on which element boss you're doing. These bosses provide the best gear in game atm and you make a lot of cash from them, so saying PvE res is useless is quite wrong. Granted these bosses are for players that are definitely toward the endgame level.

    this elemental gear is NOT engame, PW waits with lv85 arena gear because they want
    that evryone transfers and IDS this elemental things

    when evrything is done, PW got evrything they can get - > they will give us 85 arena gear
    and no one will have the elemental gear again...

    they only make 2 steps of incommings money waves, and only stupid idiots
    make both steps


    just an example why this crit and crit power additonal stuff is more than useless:
    an endgame character has always arround 350% crit def/45% crit eva (with lv85 arena)
    theres no need for double IDs and not even half of equip even with crit defens or crit evasion

    an VERY high crit power/ crit player has arround 550%/70% endgame
    (with no possible equal crit def/crit eva on his own)

    we calculate with 100% crit rate, just because with skills this player can reach this easiely

    then the Crit Pow. player can hit with 55% possible crit / 200% crit power
    first -> its not 200%, its 20% less because of soultree, its only 160%

    overalldamage/ damage summed up over time -> he strikes with 130%

    summarized:
    an lv4 winged with EVRYTHING in crit and crit power can only make 30% more damage
    on an average geared arena 85 player

    the better the arena gear player is geared, the less use an crit power setting gets
    (arena gear 85 provides MORE resistance than elemental)

    SAME geared player:
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]crit power/crit rate player makes 10-15% more damage [/COLOR]on arena setting player
    arena setting geared player makes MORE THAN 50% additional damage on this elemental player

    thats why arena gear will be the future and people wich are upping elemental gear at the momen
    make this only for PW but not for themself

    they are simply not upping endgame gear, they are upping "the endgame gear of this week"

    thats how PW earns twice the money, and people loose twice the money for reaching endgame
    evry month new
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this elemental gear is NOT engame, PW waits with lv85 arena gear because they want
    that evryone transfers and IDS this elemental things

    when evrything is done, PW got evrything they can get - > they will give us 85 arena gear
    and no one will have the elemental gear again...

    they only make 2 steps of incommings money waves, and only stupid idiots
    make both steps

    just an example why this crit and crit power additonal stuff is more than useless:
    an endgame character has always arround 350% crit def/45% crit eva (with lv85 arena)
    theres no need for double IDs and not even half of equip even with crit defens or crit evasion

    an VERY high crit power/ crit player has arround 550%/70% endgame
    (with no possible equal crit def/crit eva on his own)

    we calculate with 100% crit rate, just because with skills this player can reach this easiely

    then the Crit Pow. player can hit with 55% possible crit / 200% crit power
    first -> its not 200%, its 20% less because of soultree, its only 160%

    overalldamage/ damage summed up over time -> he strikes with 130%

    summarized:
    an lv4 winged with EVRYTHING in crit and crit power can only make 30% more damage
    on an average geared arena 85 player

    the better the arena gear player is geared, the less use an crit power setting gets
    (arena gear 85 provides MORE resistance than elemental)

    SAME geared player:
    crit power/crit rate player makes 10-15% more damage on arena setting player
    arena setting geared player makes MORE THAN 50% additional damage on this elemental player

    thats why arena gear will be the future and people wich are upping elemental gear at the momen
    make this only for PW but not for themself

    they are simply not upping endgame gear, they are upping "the endgame gear of this week"

    thats how PW earns twice the money, and people loose twice the money for reaching endgame
    evry month new

    I dont see how this essay made elemental set any less attractive. that high chance to crit and doing 200% "critpower" as u call it, is pretty damn good. It's like continous anima hits, and how are you counting when you say this?:

    first -> its not 200%, its 20% less because of soultree, its only 160%
    overalldamage/ damage summed up over time -> he strikes with 130%
    =???

    read longer now and i cant do this, /giving up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

    New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this elemental gear is NOT engame

    i dont see why elemental gear cant be 'endgame' just because we dont have new arena gear yet....elemental sets can have accuracy additional stats and id it, which makes it a great option for characters who want to maintain high cc/cdam while being able to reliably hit any of the few evasion players left.

    on the flipside it can also get evasion additional stats and ids, which isnt a half bad option for eva players to not sacrifice a ton of damage or defensiveness via resists with blue or purple eva gear ids.

    if you want to trade some versatility for cdef/cdodge, ele gear is definitely the way to go (and just because i quoted you does not mean i want you to reply back with all your super amazing stats that dont justify a single thing for the rest of the game population).
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Atm the Ele Set is the best option an eva player can get: besides all pieces being ****/eva and eva ids, it adds overall dmg (crit chance/dmg) and resistances that - usually - eva users lack.

    It has nice base stats and it's obviously for pvp purposes, while Champ set is more for pvers.
  • infamous628
    infamous628 Posts: 621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    this elemental gear is NOT engame, PW waits with lv85 arena gear because they want
    that evryone transfers and IDS this elemental things

    when evrything is done, PW got evrything they can get - > they will give us 85 arena gear
    and no one will have the elemental gear again...

    they only make 2 steps of incommings money waves, and only stupid idiots
    make both steps


    just an example why this crit and crit power additonal stuff is more than useless:
    an endgame character has always arround 350% crit def/45% crit eva (with lv85 arena)
    theres no need for double IDs and not even half of equip even with crit defens or crit evasion

    an VERY high crit power/ crit player has arround 550%/70% endgame
    (with no possible equal crit def/crit eva on his own)

    we calculate with 100% crit rate, just because with skills this player can reach this easiely

    then the Crit Pow. player can hit with 55% possible crit / 200% crit power
    first -> its not 200%, its 20% less because of soultree, its only 160%

    overalldamage/ damage summed up over time -> he strikes with 130%

    summarized:
    an lv4 winged with EVRYTHING in crit and crit power can only make 30% more damage
    on an average geared arena 85 player

    the better the arena gear player is geared, the less use an crit power setting gets
    (arena gear 85 provides MORE resistance than elemental)

    SAME geared player:
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]crit power/crit rate player makes 10-15% more damage [/COLOR]on arena setting player
    arena setting geared player makes MORE THAN 50% additional damage on this elemental player

    thats why arena gear will be the future and people wich are upping elemental gear at the momen
    make this only for PW but not for themself

    they are simply not upping endgame gear, they are upping "the endgame gear of this week"

    thats how PW earns twice the money, and people loose twice the money for reaching endgame
    evry month new

    End game = the gear in which is the strongest OBTAINABLE AT THE CURRENT PATCH. IF we were going to go by your definition of end game, the only litteral "end game gear" would be the most powerful set in existance once the game is officially not being updated any longer. Sheesh.
    Lionheart Server
    Elemental Warrior / Lightning Mage
    cCMEwrZ.jpg
    <Balerion Slayer> <Terminator of Dark Dragon> <Bloodletting Dispeller> <Magma Heart Conqueror>
  • shirayukihime
    shirayukihime Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tavannyl wrote: »
    with the glitches in our x-server, its actually not very hard for someone with low resists to blow all cds and super dps the ele bosses for a few minutes until stacks accumulate then just go to xserver and reset both stacks and cd skills, to rinse and repeat if they were adventurous enough. elemental boots are nice despite no pve int but for most servers you have to have gold to afford buying them or be in the guilds getting the drops, whereas champ boots are relatively cheap point-wise. (free if you get gear drop in ESNM/HM).

    Ummm... how are u spposed to do that if u cant go back at boss once u left? just asking o.o
  • spiceywings
    spiceywings Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ummm... how are u spposed to do that if u cant go back at boss once u left? just asking o.o
    tavannyl wrote: »
    with the glitches in our x-server, its actually not very hard for someone with low resists to blow all cds and super dps the ele bosses for a few minutes until stacks accumulate then just go to xserver and reset both stacks and cd skills


    seems pretty obvious to me. did you even read what you quoted?

    note: as that was a dialogue between eyrda and lionheart players, clearly none of this applies to euro players.
  • Nyos - Nyos
    Nyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Resistance that is gained from class skill tutor have no effect at PVE monster and bosses. Resistance that came from class tree such as Reaper Shadowbind tree, So called Tanacity should have effect on pve monster(Havent tested) as it only work at pve anyway.

    Elemental boss needing 901+res is about FW developer thinking that people that dont use 10k USD should not do Elem boss and limit player from doing it as long as they have low resistance. There exist a few way to go around that limit but that is.


    Elem set vs Champ set at PVE. Champ set win because:

    They have more or less same basis stat can be around 2-5 less attack on champion hand but not much difference.

    Champion set got PVE intensity, with x8 it is 352+95 pve+normal mastery. So basiclly champ set already let you do 45% more normal dmg toward monsters.

    Argument about elem set got 35% cirtdmg 7% cirtrate from whole set. Champ set also get 15%cirtdmg+3% cirtrate. At the end elem set get only got 20% more cirtdmg and 4% more cirt rate than champ set.

    From thouse 3 point it should be clear that champ set increase basic dmg by aloot and from that each cirt get multiplied by aloot, if 500% cirtdmg player, each cirt get increased 45%x5 is 225% more cirt dmg .

    4% more cirtrate and 20% more cirtdmg probably will not reach to same dmg and i am not that good at calculating probabilitie to calculate if it can reach, fix me if you know it will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anyastroud
    anyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    seems pretty obvious to me. did you even read what you quoted?

    note: as that was a dialogue between eyrda and lionheart players, clearly none of this applies to euro players.

    Well, what he was pointing out is, that once you left the 85ish ele boss instance you can't enter it again. And I doubt that going to X-Server from within that instance will bring you back to the instance on return.
    Greetings to everyone out there
    fw_forum.jpg
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    PVE intensity is a faar more superior than any other gear in the game when it comes to PVE DPSing!!

    Depending on the class and the mastery/stats.. 44 PVE intensity for myself, yields more damage than a possible 400 attack.. i switched 1 piece that gave me 400+ attack on its own.. for a 0/12 champ piece only giving me the 44 PVE intensity bonus.. and i was still hitting harder on mobs with it..


    Elemental gear IS.. and WILL BE.. Endgame gear outside of PVE..
    Currently is the gear with the highest base stats in both attack and hp..
    the stats are gonna be higher than lv85 Arena pieces as well..
    and unless u'r a priest or a class that only wants/requires to tank other players.. it will be better than arena..

    and it WILL remain the endgame gear, because for the lv88 gear patch.. the elemental gear gets automatically upgraded to lv88 Quality, which will make it STILL higher base stats than lv88 Arena/champ gear..


    And what this guy Tavannyl said :X , is that once u leave the instance u go to x-server and it removes the debuff that doesn't let you go back in!!
    But yeah i dont think this works on EU servers..

  • zackarywalters
    zackarywalters Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    And what this guy Tavannyl said

    she is going to murder you for dat
  • anyastroud
    anyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    But yeah i dont think this works on EU servers..
    Will give it a try today.
    Greetings to everyone out there
    fw_forum.jpg
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anyastroud wrote: »
    Will give it a try today.

    euro xserver and normal servers were never changed times to remove hopping glitch (since milas is still able to use it, no?) to create a new time wormhole so there is no plausible reason this would work for you. tough cookies.
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    amarantos wrote: »
    tough cookies.

    eewww.. tough cookies..

  • anyastroud
    anyastroud Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    amarantos wrote: »
    euro xserver and normal servers were never changed times to remove hopping glitch (since milas is still able to use it, no?) to create a new time wormhole so there is no plausible reason this would work for you. tough cookies.

    Yea, did not worked out. But still anything should always be tested on every server ;) Not that the playbase is doing this public beta test anyway...
    Greetings to everyone out there
    fw_forum.jpg