Lv90 vamp skill Bloodletting not working properly

SilverBloo - Eyrda
SilverBloo - Eyrda Posts: 66 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
The bleed from the new lv90 vamp skill doesnt work on bosses or mobs with the immunity from controlling effects.. This is not right because the bleeds from this skill is most certainly NOT a controlling effect.. i used other bleeds/burns skilsl on same boss in HR and they work while this lv90 one doesnt....

Please fix.. its like, the one good skill in the latest update for non-eva dark vamps..
Post edited by SilverBloo - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- Because real vamps don't sparkle -

Comments

• NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    NoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The bleed from the new lv90 vamp skill doesnt work on bosses or mobs with the immunity from controlling effects.. This is not right because the bleeds from this skill is most certainly NOT a controlling effect.. i used other bleeds/burns skilsl on same boss in HR and they work while this lv90 one doesnt....

Please fix.. its like, the one good skill in the latest update for non-eva dark vamps..

Eh i think it makes sense honestly...the bleed does damage based on the % health missing so using it on a boss with low HP would be pretty OP, bit like if seed of agony worked on bosses the bleed would just be stupidly broken...pretty sure this is working as intended and not a bug.

Besides, asking for PWE to fix something in this game is kinda silly really lol, even if this was a legit bug it still would never get fixed XD
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    u can compare the bleed with the one from poison sin talent mutilation. It s been nerf on bosses about 2years ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serenity234876
    serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Eh i think it makes sense honestly...the bleed does damage based on the % health missing so using it on a boss with low HP would be pretty OP, bit like if seed of agony worked on bosses the bleed would just be stupidly broken...pretty sure this is working as intended and not a bug.

Besides, asking for PWE to fix something in this game is kinda silly really lol, even if this was a legit bug it still would never get fixed XD

skill description
    deal 140% base attack plus 7650 bonus damage
    causes the target to bleed 535 per second , + 5% of targets lost health
    The extra bleed damage cannot exceed your max attack <----
    reduces healing effect on target by 15% for 10 sec

the skill has a inbuilt cap which stops the bleed from being to broken. if the bleed its is not being applied then its a bug not a nerf.

being that with max base on a vamp with bard precision mm fully buffed up vamp is it to exceed much over 20k , means that its bleed is still much weaker than other bleeds around such as a blood vamp feast hitting well over 30k now
  • NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    edited October 2014
    skill description
    deal 140% base attack plus 7650 bonus damage
    causes the target to bleed 535 per second , + 5% of targets lost health
    The extra bleed damage cannot exceed your max attack <----
    reduces healing effect on target by 15% for 10 sec

the skill has a inbuilt cap which stops the bleed from being to broken. if the bleed its is not being applied then its a bug not a nerf.

being that with max base on a vamp with bard precision mm fully buffed up vamp is it to exceed much over 20k , means that its bleed is still much weaker than other bleeds around such as a blood vamp feast hitting well over 30k now

You can quote the skill description to me all you want that doesn't change what the skill actually does

Go test it for yourself you will find out, i'm not even a vamp but i know how this skill works

Stuff that's based on targets max hp like mutilation/seed of agony and this bleed are intentionally not working on PvE bosses because it'd be broken...every single bleed that's based on targets hp doesn't actually work on bosses, maybe that suggests something to you.

well obviously besides vexxers..but we all seen how OP that is lol
  • Ashtan - Lionheart
    Ashtan - Lionheart Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can quote the skill description to me all you want that doesn't change what the skill actually does

Go test it for yourself you will find out, i'm not even a vamp but i know how this skill works

Stuff that's based on targets max hp like mutilation/seed of agony and this bleed are intentionally not working on PvE bosses because it'd be broken...every single bleed that's based on targets hp doesn't actually work on bosses, maybe that suggests something to you.

That's because Vexxers aren't really considered bosses or at least don't have the Immune To Most Controlling Effects.

I am a vamp but agree with you. It'd be too OP to work against bosses. Helpful as hell but too OP
  • serenity234876
    edited October 2014

feast is a bleed and works

this bleed has a inbuilt cap as I stated so it cannot be greater than the players base which would currently be if fully maxed out around 20kish (25k with dt3 pot in dt). so a 20k tick for 10 sec ????? 200k damage? that's op .... a vamp like that with that much base as I am also has massive cd (currently 535 unbuffed) and massive cc I hit upwards of 1.5 mill every few secs with cs4th stack and your concerned with a 20k tick of that bleed..... I don't even bother to use this skill because of how weak it would be even if it did work. my dark ripple alone hits over 500k so I can dr every .9 sec and hit 25x what you are concerned about! im mean even if you do not have op stats like mine and your only like 430ish cd which around standard now or becoming that you still hit over 200k on dr every .9 sec your cs would still be hitting upwards of 600k

as you said you are not a vamp go do some math work out how strong this skill even is.

if skill even works as its stated it should its still a pos skill that no smart vamp would bother to use. only practical place to use is in pvp but that's all situational.
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the devs nerfed all the "bleeds effects" on bosses (at least most of those skills don't work on many bosses) because they are not related to boss' stats.
    Inner cap or not, that skill literally bypass boss' defensive attribites and that's imba and op in their mind.
    For example, sure vamp's 4th cs usually hits a lot, but would it hit that much vs a boss with 980% cd def, 7950 def and 1275 dark resis? Do not think so, while that "crappy" skill can still be handy...

I am not saying the skill deserves to be nerfed nor the opposite, just stating what atm can be useless can be very handy in the future, who knows?

My 2 cents
  • serenity234876
    edited October 2014
    senrin wrote: »
    I think the devs nerfed all the "bleeds effects" on bosses (at least most of those skills don't work on many bosses) because they are not related to boss' stats.
    Inner cap or not, that skill literally bypass boss' defensive attribites and that's imba and op in their mind.
    For example, sure vamp's 4th cs usually hits a lot, but would it hit that much vs a boss with 980% cd def, 7950 def and 1275 dark resis? Do not think so, while that "crappy" skill can still be handy...

I am not saying the skill deserves to be nerfed nor the opposite, just stating what atm can be useless can be very handy in the future, who knows?

My 2 cents

there is no bosses like that
    all bosses in this game I hit plenty hard enough that using a skill such as this new vamp skill is pointless and I cause less damage using it.

making them not work at all isn't a nerf that's them being broken, if they want to nerf they should just give some bosses some sort of bleed def that would be a nerf or a fix.

the skills not work at all is rather **** poor imo even though if it worked it still be useless
  • NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    edited October 2014
    feast is a bleed and works

this bleed has a inbuilt cap as I stated so it cannot be greater than the players base which would currently be if fully maxed out around 20kish (25k with dt3 pot in dt). so a 20k tick for 10 sec ????? 200k damage? that's op .... a vamp like that with that much base as I am also has massive cd (currently 535 unbuffed) and massive cc I hit upwards of 1.5 mill every few secs with cs4th stack and your concerned with a 20k tick of that bleed..... I don't even bother to use this skill because of how weak it would be even if it did work. my dark ripple alone hits over 500k so I can dr every .9 sec and hit 25x what you are concerned about! im mean even if you do not have op stats like mine and your only like 430ish cd which around standard now or becoming that you still hit over 200k on dr every .9 sec your cs would still be hitting upwards of 600k

as you said you are not a vamp go do some math work out how strong this skill even is.

if skill even works as its stated it should its still a pos skill that no smart vamp would bother to use. only practical place to use is in pvp but that's all situational.

But feast is not based on the bosses hp...i don't think you really understand anything that's being said here because you say feast works this should work lol, they're 2 totally different things

There are tonnes of bleeds that work in PvE..darkness poison is one, but that wasn't what we were talking about...

Even if you ignore all that, and say that it's not working as intended and it is bugged, then asking PWE to fix it is even more pointless the discussion of how you think the skill does or doesn't work..

If they fix this then they should also fix seed of agony o.o, besides if it sucks like you think it does why do you even care lol
  • jhereg4250
    jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BoR is a bleed effect (ie, skills that the wind bard one that make you immune to bleeds work on a warrior's BoR) and does not work on bosses.

Feast has always been an exception to most of the immunity rules for some reason.
  • serenity234876
    edited October 2014
    But feast is not based on the bosses hp...i don't think you really understand anything that's being said here because you say feast works this should work lol, they're 2 totally different things

There are tonnes of bleeds that work in PvE..darkness poison is one, but that wasn't what we were talking about...

Even if you ignore all that, and say that it's not working as intended and it is bugged, then asking PWE to fix it is even more pointless the discussion of how you think the skill does or doesn't work..

If they fix this then they should also fix seed of agony o.o, besides if it sucks like you think it does why do you even care lol

as I said if a skill is not working due to a bug, then it should be fix o/ fix all
    if there is some bleeds that are to op then add some sort of bleed def to boss to make the damage much smaller.
    currently it shows no bleed at all which indicates it doesn't work not that the damage is just nerfed.

and even if this skill worked as intended which by theory should be by skill description yes? then its still a weak skill for vamps. since original discussion is this skill focus on this not others.

this skilldoesnt work as skill description states it should and the op asked for answer.
    saying its cause of some bug cause skill to op is rather ignorant. at the end of day if skill works as skill descriptions states then skill Is not op as I pointed out its weak.
  • senrin
    senrin Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Best way is asking someone if the chinese version is different (either the description or the effect).

That been said, pve wise if the op's cs's 4th strike deals already that huge amount of dmg, ain't really smth to be worried that much imo, he has alr the pew pew he needs.

Pvp wise, now that divines have spammable purify, every debuff is a given: higher chance to dig a cool debuff to the target. For example light bard can give 3 debuffs at once (shine, light mark, crescendo), useful after - for example - priest's mana drain debuff.
  • SilverBloo - Eyrda
    SilverBloo - Eyrda Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2014

yo.. what part of "there is a maximum damage limit" do you not get.. doesnt matter if boss has 100 million hp or 1 million hp, the bleed cannot go more than the player's base attack.. so enuf with saying "% of bosses hp bleed is too OP" and "i know what it does" when you clearly dont.. tht vamp dude has 20k atk and is not much to him, but i dont do tht much dmg n i think it would help me..

If you're just here to shut down the idea of me asking for it to be fixed, then please leave, i'm talking to the GMs whether the possibility is there or not.. not for trolls/flamers/negative peeps to come close this thread up.. It wasnt reported before and if it is a bug, i'd like it to be seen, known and fixed if possible..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Because real vamps don't sparkle -
  • Shapelle - Lionheart
    Shapelle - Lionheart Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jhereg4250 wrote: »

Feast has always been an exception to most of the immunity rules for some reason.

Not related to the topic, but one of the things that has always annoyed me about feast is that the ensnare (well, at least for us MM's) cannot be broken by any means (not even the new lvl 90 Flee skill which is marketed as "Removing all controlling and bleed effects"), not to mention that MM Invigorate doesn't break the ensnare either. The bleed effect of the feast is removed (with either Flee or the MM bubble), but the ensnare is not.

On topic, I imagine that this is somewhat similar to the Precision MM's Nyos 40 Wisdom proc whereby certain attacks have a chance to add a percentage of the opponent's maximum health to the damage dealt when the opponent is affected by Punishing Mark. That proc doesn't work against bosses either, or at the least, it's certainly not even adding as much as the "player's base attack" as a bonus.

I guess what I'm driving at, is that there's more than just the Vamp skill which doesn't work as advertised.
  • NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    edited October 2014
    Not related to the topic, but one of the things that has always annoyed me about feast is that the ensnare (well, at least for us MM's) cannot be broken by any means (not even the new lvl 90 Flee skill which is marketed as "Removing all controlling and bleed effects"), not to mention that MM Invigorate doesn't break the ensnare either. The bleed effect of the feast is removed (with either Flee or the MM bubble), but the ensnare is not.

On topic, I imagine that this is somewhat similar to the Precision MM's Nyos 40 Wisdom proc whereby certain attacks have a chance to add a percentage of the opponent's maximum health to the damage dealt when the opponent is affected by Punishing Mark. That proc doesn't work against bosses either, or at the least, it's certainly not even adding as much as the "player's base attack" as a bonus.

I guess what I'm driving at, is that there's more than just the Vamp skill which doesn't work as advertised.

But we do already know that lol, as been stated already in the thread, things like seed of agony and this skill don't work on bosses..that's how it's meant to be, i don't believe that it's a bug because it would mean all skills of this nature are bugged...and i think this is too big of a coincidence, especially when you use common sense and think about how OP it would be if they worked lol
  • serenity234876
    edited October 2014
    But we do already know that lol, as been stated already in the thread, things like seed of agony and this skill don't work on bosses..that's how it's meant to be, i don't believe that it's a bug because it would mean all skills of this nature are bugged...and i think this is too big of a coincidence, especially when you use common sense and think about how OP it would be if they worked lol

you dont know. your assuming

and as I already stated if skill work by description then skill is not op at all.
    which I already explained. can we stop repeating plz?
    op asked for an answer as to why this specific skill is not work as skill description states

but just for u again on lh im as close as u gonna find to end game dps vamp

if I used this skill 2sec ct for roughly 20k bleed for 10 sec = 200k ish

in that 2sec ct I could cast dr twice a single dr crit is 500k +
    fully buffed with bv im approaching 75-80 cc so chance of crit is high
    dr is my basic spammable skill and it still outputs much higher dps than this bleed.

cs 4th stack or my ss are even more

so to state this skill be to op if it worked is rather silly

the only time this skill could be classed as nice dps even if it work was if you had high base but low cc/cd then and only then could it be considered in pve sense relevant to use but even then due to it having 0 chance at poping vamp its still rather usless
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    so wait the main point of this thread is that because 'not a controlling effect' isnt explicitly listed in the skills description, it should therefore really not be a controlling effect and work on all mobs? well hell then make bor work on bosses too because that doesnt explicitly list as a controlling effect either.... ;)

but in all seriousness...many of the new skills have horrible description mistranslations, just because you have other bleeds that work on this mob or that mob does not mean all bleed skills should......