test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scam artists

darkerlocust68darkerlocust68 Posts: 171 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
So you add a new expensive orb to game and offer no sales on it. The top prize is selling for 50D in AH. I have a great idea, lets flipping give them away now that all the people have spent good money on them and devalue the whole thing. Roll it back or stop getting our money when you add new items to game.
Post edited by darkerlocust68 on

Comments

• XGIOx - IllyfueXGIOx - Illyfue Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So you add a new expensive orb to game and offer no sales on it. The top prize is selling for 50D in AH. I have a great idea, lets flipping give them away now that all the people have spent good money on them and devalue the whole thing. Roll it back or stop getting our money when you add new items to game.

Its an orb, its totally luck based... some people have more accounts they increase their chances to get one, but that doesnt mean everyone in server will have one once again luck based depending on the server population more chances of course for more mounts to show off, illyfue as some but not everyone as one, they only gave people chances to get one, and i was one of the spenders that bought orb when it was out like maniac to get fox, im happy people get a chance for the mount, there are other things PWE can take ur money from so some orbs is pretty much harmless. Be happy they are giving free stuff, as a costumer i finally can think positive about this game.
  • darkerlocust68darkerlocust68 Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    100 alts accounts equals 500 orbs equals 30k Leaves equals 750 dollars .. how many thousands have they lost so far today ?
  • VelvetStrike - IllyfueVelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    100 alts accounts equals 500 orbs equals 30k Leaves equals 750 dollars .. how many thousands have they lost so far today ?

they didnt lose anything, those 100 accoutns wouldnt have bought them anyways.. if anything they make money from people appreciating this code and playing the game, i for one spend 1 hour more in the game today than usual :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014

if you think they are scam artist why would you spend that much in the first place?
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
    edited October 2014
    they didnt lose anything, those 100 accoutns wouldnt have bought them anyways.. if anything they make money from people appreciating this code and playing the game, i for one spend 1 hour more in the game today than usual :O

Are you pretending to not get the point or are you really so blind that you don't see that this is a slap in the face to the cash shoppers who bought these orbs already, spending Thousands on them and not winning just to see every alt from Storm to Illyfue riding a Fox now.
  • antiopeasaphireantiopeasaphire Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    there alot of foxes around comes from the code for the german one was giveing out in wc that why theres alot of foxes running around the place that mount aint rare now
    edited October 2014
    there alot of foxes around comes from the code for the german one was giveing out in wc that why theres alot of foxes running around the place that mount aint rare now

that orb worth about 5 leaves now .. gj FW
  • Chipsmore - LionheartChipsmore - Lionheart Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    FW give free stuff : moar QQ / complain

FW dont give free stuff : double triple QQ / complain

Conclusion : people never statisfy lulz

P/s : tyvm for giving away the free orbs, even though i did not get anything good from the free orbs or even the ones i bought.im happy at least FW staff have some incentive to bring ppl back or some hope.

orb = gamble.face it :P
    edited October 2014
    They created an uber expensive orb, waited a few weeks for the cashers to have at it and then devalued it to 0 .. If you think this is just QQ your not seeing the big picture at all. No one will need buy the darn orb ever again by the time friday rolls around. Where do you think everyone is right now that no one commenting here ? they are creating a hundred more alt acct ? this orb is trash now.
  • Vyden - IllyfueVyden - Illyfue Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    FW give free stuff : moar QQ / complain

FW dont give free stuff : double triple QQ / complain

Conclusion : people never statisfy lulz

P/s : tyvm for giving away the free orbs, even though i did not get anything good from the free orbs or even the ones i bought.im happy at least FW staff have some incentive to bring ppl back or some hope.

orb = gamble.face it :P

i have got the mount from the free orbs although i do not agree this kind of free stuff,a orb with a stable price of 60 leaves,stable drop rate and the price of the mount around 50d which is suddently give for free to everyone is something to worry about.I wonder how many of the few csers will risk again to spend their money for orbs(which is already a waste of money).It is not the first time pwe makes something like that,they did the same with dirty boxing title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    i have got the mount from the free orbs although i do not agree this kind of free stuff,a orb with a stable price of 60 leaves,stable drop rate and the price of the mount around 50d which is suddently give for free to everyone is something to worry about.I wonder how many of the few csers will risk again to spend their money for orbs(which is already a waste of money).It is not the first time pwe makes something like that,they did the same with dirty boxing title.

This, my point exactly
  • crimsondaisycrimsondaisy Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm sensing a strong butthurt from the OP. Why does it hurt you so much? If you've got the mount already - good for you. If you don't have the mount and spent money to buy orbs - good for you as you can buy the mount cheap now. Where's the point in complaining?

I feel like you're the only person complaining as you don't want other people to get this mount. This is because of people like you that the FW community sucks. Go play single player games if you do not want people to succeed too.
    edited October 2014
    I'm sensing a strong butthurt from the OP. Why does it hurt you so much? If you've got the mount already - good for you. If you don't have the mount and spent money to buy orbs - good for you as you can buy the mount cheap now. Where's the point in complaining?

I feel like you're the only person complaining as you don't want other people to get this mount. This is because of people like you that the FW community sucks. Go play single player games if you do not want people to succeed too.

I wish that all players from FW have this mount,but do not add it for an insane price in cash shop then suddently make it free,it's just a scam for csers who spent money for it.

Edit: i got the mount for free,i am not a cser,i want to see free gifts for everyone,but no scam.
    it happened before with Dirty Boxing title too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    Point is those who shelled out the money for this item paid for its main prizes rarity .. which has been stripped away to the point there will be no further income for FW from this orb.
  • NoOnes_Per - LionheartNoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Point is those who shelled out the money for this item paid for its main prizes rarity .. which has been stripped away to the point there will be no further income for FW from this orb.

lol you're pretty funny

I can understand why some people who cs'd for the orbs might be upset, but still your butt hurt is pretty funny

It's not like they haven't done this in the past, you chose to CS for a luck based orb

Even if they hadn't done this, you'd still be in the same situation; ie, no mount, why not just be happy you get free stuff, you YOURSELF can do what everyone else is doing, and farm the orbs through alt accounts and try to get it yourself...
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
  • VagueAngel - Storm LegionVagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wish that all players from FW have this mount,but do not add it for an insane price in cash shop then suddently make it free,it's just a scam for csers who spent money for it.

We've had posts and threads talking about wanting the staff to make worthwhile items more obtainable, and when they do, they get **** for it.

I understand, people spent money to try for something, and then a few days or weeks later it was given away for free. It's just the way these things work. They aren't the first company to do this. I've fallen 'victim' to this same type of thing. I bought something for a high price, then a few weeks later it was given away for free. It did suck a lot, but it's something that can't be predicted. Only thing I can really say on it is: How important is the item to you? Is it something worth spending money on right away and risking it being decreased later? Or is it something that can be waited on before getting?
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
    edited October 2014
    [/B]
    We've had posts and threads talking about wanting the staff to make worthwhile items more obtainable, and when they do, they get **** for it.

I understand, people spent money to try for something, and then a few days or weeks later it was given away for free. It's just the way these things work. They aren't the first company to do this. I've fallen 'victim' to this same type of thing. I bought something for a high price, then a few weeks later it was given away for free. It did suck a lot, but it's something that can't be predicted. Only thing I can really say on it is: How important is the item to you? Is it something worth spending money on right away and risking it being decreased later? Or is it something that can be waited on before getting?

You haven't read my edit.I am not a cser and i would ever spend any cent to a game,''it did suck a lot'' so you know the csers' feeling...Why do you encourage something that suck a lot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2014
    This was seemingly only intended for the German server and not shared with others till players shared the code. Is this "working as intended" or not ?
  • lcorndogllcorndogl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Everything doesn't always go your own way.

I myself personally spent more than I should have CSing orbs for the snow suave and frost fairy fashion when it was released only for it to go 50% off the next week.

I also bought over 2000 star crystals the DAY before they made them available for soul leaves.

I spent several diamonds combining gems (remember this?) the day before they made it cost soul gold to combine gems.

It's a game, get over it and move on, if you don't want to get burnt then wait for items to go on sale as you -should- know they will or CS more effectively on items that will give you a solid return and buy what you want.
    edited October 2014
    lol you're pretty funny

Even if they hadn't done this, you'd still be in the same situation; ie, no mount, why not just be happy you get free stuff, you YOURSELF can do what everyone else is doing, and farm the orbs through alt accounts and try to get it yourself...

Your pretty funny too, with game population down, and proving that casher's need not cash to get rewards anymore, all they have to do is create more alt accounts .. how long do you think this lil "free to play" game sticks around ? it's already struggling, this was not a well thought out move if it was done intentionally
    edited October 2014
    You haven't read my edit.I am not a cser and i would ever spend any cent to a game,''it did suck a lot'' so you know the csers' feeling...Why do you encourage something that suck a lot?

I read the edit. So I changed the "you" to "people" in the first part. The end question was a general question, and not to you specifically. Sorry for the miscommunication on that.

I'm not necessarily "encouraging" it, but I'm saying that it's not a scam to do something like this. Promotions are everywhere. It's a matter of if the person is willing to spend the cash to have it right away, or if they are able to hold off on getting it until there is a possible price change. We cannot predict when or what type of promotions are going to come up. Say for example the orb has been out for a few months. Then someone buys a lot one day, then the next day they are free. Is it wrong for the person to be upset? Not at all. Luck wasn't in their favor and they ended up spending money on something they could have gotten for free if they waited a bit longer. Is it wrong for the company to offer it for free? Not at all. If a company feels they want to give something away for free, they are entitled to do so. Yes, for some people it does suck, but they had no way of knowing that. Plus you can't make everyone happy all of the time.

Yeah, it did suck a lot. But did I complain to the company? No. Because they are entitled to make a promotion when they want to. It was unfortunate for me, but I also understood that that's just how things work when it comes to situations like these sometimes. Sometimes you get lucky and strike an amazing deal, sometimes you get the short end of the stick. It all comes down to "how soon and how bad do you want it".

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
  • wolfenstormwolfenstorm Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Even though I did not get the mount from an orb, because frankly I have horrible luck concerning anything in this game, I still do not want to see a rollback take place.

Those who want a rollback are simply butthurt because their luck did not pan out with the free orbs. They just need to get over it.

edited October 2014
    Vague, are you avoiding the topic of this code coming from German facebook and not released to us directly ? Was this intended for everyone this way ? If so why only announce it there ? And we have seen 50% value drops bfr from after the fact promotiions but 90% or more ? You have to admit this is rather overboard.
    edited October 2014
    Vague, are you avoiding the topic of this code coming from German facebook and not released to us directly ? Was this intended for everyone this way ? If so why only announce it there ? And we have seen 50% value drops bfr from after the fact promotiions but 90% or more ? You have to admit this is rather overboard.

I did not see that part of the topic until now. If it came from German facebook, then it most likely was a promotion to those who follow the German page. It's still in a sense "publicly" available so anyone can use it really. I will see about getting confirmation about whether we should have been able to use it or not when I get home from work. I will also see if anything will be done about the people potentially creating mass accounts (I remember last time an item came about and mass accounts were made it was handled). If it reaches a similar magnitude then something may be done, so I advise not making more than the allowed amount of accounts.

I will say though, this is definitely not as bad as a certain other event, some may remember it as "Supernova".

edited October 2014
    well actually lol, it's getting there. Books of Mastery going by the hundreds right now
    edited October 2014
    i know i wont be buying any more of them orbs yes it was for the german server now on storm lots of them running around
    edited October 2014
    well actually lol, it's getting there. Books of Mastery going by the hundreds right now

I'll see if I can get in contact with the staff about it. So far this is the only thread in which there was an issue about it, compared to the multiple "Supernova" threads, so the magnitude seems significantly lower.

edited October 2014
    With all due respect, there are significantly less players and most of the remaining ones are creating spam accounts as we speak. This will effect the economy down the road when there no need for that orb and people have hundreds of Tradable books of Mastery n Resistances. May not be 12/12 gear, but the market is flooded with things we would normally pay for. And it did not come to us thru normal channels.
    edited October 2014
    lol i am far from beening butt hurt i got a nine tails from when the orbs was first out i just think its wasnt for our server
  • defenderofdreamsdefenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited October 2014
    This code was created by our EU counterparts, and was intended for their side only. Since stopping it now would hurt the EU event, we're going to let it keep running for a few more hours, but we will be killing the code today.
This discussion has been closed.