test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community Rules and Policies Updated - Effective Today

defenderofdreamsdefenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

There has been an update to the PWE Community Rules and Policies that you can take a look at here. You'll notice there is an announcement linking to it on each page of the forum as well for ease of access.

It's mostly an ease of readability update to increase transparency with you all as well as easy to follow guidelines for how the infraction point system works.

These changes are effective today, so let me know if you have any questions.

-DoD
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Diverte - IllyfueDiverte - Illyfue Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Signature/Avatar Rule Violation indicate that we can choose our own avatars...

Am i blind or something? I never saw any option to choose ur own image as avatar >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brim_McRoy - EyrdaBrim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Signature/Avatar Rule Violation indicate that we can choose our own avatars...

Am i blind or something? I never saw any option to choose ur own image as avatar >.>

thats because... you cant...

just like the pet guide saying we can get purp pets... but we cant...
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VagueAngel - Storm LegionVagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'll have to ask about this. It is possible a new system could be in the works allowing us to upload our own avatars.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • Lohym - IllyfueLohym - Illyfue Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Double standards are ok i guess. Since staff hands out bans as they wish with **** excuses and when you ask about details via ticketing to customer support it deliberately gets sent into a dead end. What is our course to follow when we get banned and we wanna know exactly why? Thanks for the non-reply in advance.
    Cute, shy, poor Frost Mage Lolo Lv80
  • chemicalslovesschemicalslovess Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "You may not create posts and/or private messages that contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or content that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, show/display and/or discuss any of the following: (a) unreleased in-game items or equipment"

Does that mean we cant talk about CN updates anymore? Why...? It was nice for ppl who have no access to that server/dont understand chinese.
    Guess they got tired of the ppl going "when are we get this and that update" "Why does CN have this and that and we dont" "QQ HR mastery points"
  • pvpnoobiepvpnoobie Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    All I gotta say is thank you so much for making the RoC a bit more clear and posting it as a sticky. Made my day and now hopefully we can have a better community. No more flamers or trollers yay.

Gotta get back to doing HR now...Happy Thursday everyone and play nice :).
    <!DOCTYPE html>

anonymous west lionheart player

Mini Mart

• Sassana - IllyfueSassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pvpnoobie wrote: »
    . No more flamers or trollers yay.

You wont post any more oh then good
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
  • Firebat - EyrdaFirebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    . Sales and Trading
    You may not create posts and/or private messages that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote, advertise and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, the purchase, sale and/or trade of any account, character and/or other game asset for out of game assets.

No more discussion about zen.

That involves purchasing a game asset.... uh oh!

Rule 1) Do not talk about fight club
    Rule 2) Do not talk about fight club.

ETA: rules say we can only have one account now... yet.. the official multiclient policy says we can play on two.

Divide by zero and delete the forums now.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
    edited March 2014

ETA: rules say we can only have one account now... yet.. the official multiclient policy says we can play on two.

I have 2 accounts and purch zen. so i broke the rules about purchasing a game asset the account number which is also said is allowed by the multi client policy given away personal information responded to Firebat would be response to a banable post which make this bannable, more than likely Croxe will label all of this as spam and "Flame baiting the staff" again so theres another 2 rules. DoD hotlined 2 times n his first post so now HE is in violation of the rules and has posted bannable content. Whoever made the pet guide included purp pets so now that is no obtainable feature and/or upcoming content it is also banable

now lets divide by negative 0 multiply the square root of i and solve for x where x =/= any real number andthe solution is a real whhole interger e_e

seriosuly the staff is more guilty of breaking these rules by just posting this first thread, now anyone that responds is guilty and in essence in the postion o recieving a 3day ban, including staff and the Mods e_e

and FW dies in 3...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    I have 2 accounts and purch zen. so i broke the rules about purchasing a game asset the account number which is also said is allowed by the multi client policy given away personal information responded to Firebat would be response to a banable post which make this bannable, more than likely Croxe will label all of this as spam and "Flame baiting the staff" again so theres another 2 rules. DoD hotlined 2 times n his first post so now HE is in violation of the rules and has posted bannable content. Whoever made the pet guide included purp pets so now that is no obtainable feature and/or upcoming content it is also banable

now lets divide by negative 0 multiply the square root of i and solve for x where x =/= any real number andthe solution is a real whhole interger e_e

seriosuly the staff is more guilty of breaking these rules by just posting this first thread, now anyone that responds is guilty and in essence in the postion o recieving a 3day ban, including staff and the Mods e_e

and FW dies in 3...

Don't forget our sigs. Both of ours are 200pixels high. Sigh. Making rule breakers out of every single person in one shot.

ETA: oh no! Gwennys sig is PNG format. That's against the rules too! Anyone who posted in the same thread as any of Gwennys posts is getting banned too! Oh the.humanity!!!
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
    edited March 2014
    Don't forget our sigs. Both of ours are 200pixels high. Sigh. Making rule breakers out of every single person in one shot.

Khorne forbid they just edt the User CP to reduce the size allowence of sigs further >.>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Khorne forbid they just edt the User CP to reduce the size allowence of sigs further >.>

Lol check my edit in the above post. Everyone is screwed.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    edited March 2014
    Lol check my edit in the above post. Everyone is screwed.

Gwenny Vague and Nyxa also responded to thread in violation to the RoC - banable, also have hotlinks in the sigs- also banable, sig in improper format -banable, have talked about interactions with staff - bannable.

someone give control of the ban hammer back to Kraken e_e he and he alone knows the power it wields and wields it justfuly instead of going by unclear rules that renders everyposter here guilty and banable e_e

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • inf3ktorinf3ktor Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't know if some of you remember the Shawshank Redemption movie, the moment when Andrew Dufresne is brought to prison, and before he's placed in his cell, I recall a scene where a "Fresh Fish" (new inmate) asked when will the eat. That moment, Mr. Hadley punched him in the stomach with the baton and said: "You eat when we say you eat, you sleep when we say you sleep and you p**s when we say you p**s, you got that, you *insert insults*!" (wont write insults cuz I might get banned.). Though, don't know if I broke a rule or something with my post, but I feel like this forum is now a virtual prison, pretty much like in the past, historical past where people were afraid to declare their religion, where people miraculously disappeared over night due to having different beliefs, or for "witchery" or anything else. I feel like this will become a deserted place in few weeks due to people receiving bans over bans over bans. I believe 1 out of 3 of my theories will become valid. Either they change the RoC and we go back to our normal way of being/acting, or they keep the new RoC and more will leave (like the Nova Pack fiasco), or they're just trying to make us back off so that they can close this game with no issues from people who played. Anyways, fun and delightful to watch and read. G'luck people!
  • admcroxeadmcroxe Posts: 95
    edited March 2014

You know what this rule is stating. You know Zen is part of the purchase flow and isn't what we mean by this.

You know that this is explicitly set up to stop advertising account selling for objects or currency outside the system.

Community guidelines impact community accounts first. Game account guidelines should follow related posted guidelines. Your person can have only 1 community facing persona, you may currently have 2 game personae. By multi-accounting you are taking a risk as any serious violation that you a charged with will propagate across all accounts that you own. We try to be a lenient as we are allowed. But when people create or use alternate accounts to bypass bans you push us to start cracking down. Common sense.

A guide for signature sizes and allowable content is coming.
  • Nanali - Storm LegionNanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But... I like my sig, took me hours to finish it just for these forums lol :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »
    You know what this rule is stating. You know Zen is part of the purchase flow and isn't what we mean by this.

You know that this is explicitly set up to stop advertising account selling for objects or currency outside the system.

Community guidelines impact community accounts first. Game account guidelines should follow related posted guidelines. Your person can have only 1 community facing persona, you may currently have 2 game personae. By multi-accounting you are taking a risk as any serious violation that you a charged with will propagate across all accounts that you own. We try to be a lenient as we are allowed. But when people create or use alternate accounts to bypass bans you push us to start cracking down. Common sense.

A guide for signature sizes and allowable content is coming.

I am fully aware of what is meant by most of these. But the point I am trying to get across is that these rules are written very vaguely. What people "mean" is irrelevant when it is in contradiction to what is "said".

If a law says "no speeding" but what the meant is "no speeding unless there is an emergency", someone in charge of handing out punishments can and will exploit it to their benefit.

We have had mods/staff in the past who held grudges against certain people and selectively enforced and over-enforced rules on them.

Your rule says no buying or selling game content. The second my money turns into zen, I am breaking the letter of your rules, regardless of the meaning. Because it did not specify buying from pwe is acceptable. It just prohibited everything.

ETA: it really doesn't get much clearer to be honest.
    Sales and Trading
    You may not create posts and/or private messages that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote, advertise and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, the purchase, sale and/or trade of any account, character and/or other game asset for out of game assets.

Sales and Trading
    You may not create posts.... that ... support ... the purchase ... of any ... game asset for out of game assets.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • admcroxeadmcroxe Posts: 95
    edited March 2014
    I am fully aware of what is meant by most of these. But the point I am trying to get across is that these rules are written very vaguely. What people "mean" is irrelevant when it is in contradiction to what is "said".

If a law says "no speeding" but what the meant is "no speeding unless there is an emergency", someone in charge of handing out punishments can and will exploit it to their benefit.

We have had mods/staff in the past who held grudges against certain people and selectively enforced and over-enforced rules on them.

Your rule says no buying or selling game content. The second my money turns into zen, I am breaking the letter of your rules, regardless of the meaning. Because it did not specify buying from pwe is acceptable. It just prohibited everything.

The intention of these new RoC is to provide more transparency in terms of why you got a ban and how long. I agree with you that rules can be wordy and verbose to increase clarity. But, there is a balance that we must strike between rules, general people can easily understand(when not looking for an angle) and rules so complex that they come off like legal jargon that nobody understands. Remember these are guidelines for an internet forum and not medical guidelines, traffic laws, business laws, or something that is significant to the ongoing benefit or your actual health and safety. Ultimately these guidelines exist for people to have a mutually beneficial and fun place to discuss the game, help each other, and have fun. (I also include staff in this.)
    Sales and Trading

Layman Interpretation.

Don't advertise on these forums that you are selling your account, character, items, currency in exchange for real cash, real life items such as couches, or assets from other games such as PWI gold.

PS.
    You are still required to follow the ToS. Which would lock the account if it ever left the original owner's possession. This rule exists to protect people from posting something that has the high potential to get their account instant locked.
  • EvilSheepy - IllyfueEvilSheepy - Illyfue Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ultimately these guidelines exist for people to have a mutually beneficial and fun place to discuss the game, help each other, and have fun. (I also include staff in this.)

Oh, dont you worry Croxe. We, the community get along very well with eachother. There is rarely any problems between players.

The problems only occur when you guys,

1. mess things up
    2. take too long to clean after your mess
    3. dont listen to your community when they say they all have server/lag issues
    4. force a new platform on the playerbase against their will
    5. change RoC every 5 months and add new rules that are too fishy
    6. censor everything and ban people with laughable accusations like "power-posting" when what you really mean is "i dont like your moaning, sarcasm and complaining, time to shut you up"

I could go on with that list but overall, they all are issues between staff and community. Never between player vs player. I wish our relationship was better than this, but sadly it is not... Relationships between old players and new staff hasn't had a chance to work out since Melanderi, sadly. :/

I think it's safe to say that there are a few people that you really dislike in these forums and it doesnt take a genius to guess who they (we) are. You're not doing a really good job consealing your feelings when you reply to some of us. xD

I was really surprised to hear from Grey that the implementation of new RoC was outside his knowledge, bold move ^^ since majority of us consider him our FW-Guru. Maybe it would have worked out better for all of us, than this hell raising if you guys just took a few days to work on these rules with Grey included.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ♥ EvilSheep - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ♥ ~
  • defenderofdreamsdefenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited March 2014
    I believe admcroxe has covered the major questions that have come up in this thread, and GreyJoyKraken has started tackling the rest of them in his sticky post "So, about them rules.."

We're currently taking all feedback that we've received from you all and the other PWE games to see how we can further clarify the points that have been brought up. Something such as the first question about choosing your own avatar, is a definite revision needed to be made, and we'll be doing other changes like that as needed based on your feedback.

So though the rules are in technically already in effect, there is no need to worry about everyone being mass banned for something such as signatures (perhaps a guide is needed... hmm). Many of the rules come from a common sense perspective, so if you are not sure if you are crossing the line, please send any admin/moderator a PM prior to posting.

We want to promote the forums as a place where we can all have civil discourse on topics we feel passionate about!
  • shadrimshadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited March 2014

So though the rules are in technically already in effect, there is no need to worry about everyone being mass banned for something such as signatures (perhaps a guide is needed... hmm). Many of the rules come from a common sense perspective, so if you are not sure if you are crossing the line, please send any admin/moderator a PM prior to posting.

We want to promote the forums as a place where we can all have civil discourse on topics we feel passionate about!

Since there are many different and contradictional phrases what PWE wants the forums to be, i think we can cut this down to what these rules will do to already near dead webspace.

PM before posting ? Really ? With staff reaction times from no answer at all to several weeks ?
    Do you really believe that with the daily postcount your mods will be happy about this additional workload when everyone takes this literally for each and every post ?
    If this is what you call "common sense" why not ban everyone at once and kill the forum directly, saving a lot of virtual pain and suffering and leading to the same outcome.

It is no fun place where the virtual janitors basically say you can get banned for any and all made up or freely and deliberately (re)interpreted "reason" with rules that basically permit everything, and especially simple basic forum behaviour (bumping of pending question threads for example), discussions about foreign versions (CN, the only source of speculations what might come to these versions) and the like.

With these not really new but for the first time officially and explicitly written out rules, the basic message is:
    Everything except fanboyish sweettalk is banneable (and if someone is in really bad mood, even the sweettalk may be considered an offense).

Lets have a look on what PWE staff said these forums should be:

Fun place, place to discuss, place to make a civil discussion on things we feel passionate about, etc.

With those rules, the fun part is already out of question.
    Same goes for the "discuss things we are passionate about" not only when it comes to the current extremely bad server performance.
    And a civil discussion with people who will ban around, censor down and generally show they dont care too much about any "feedback" is also not covering the self adverts of what the forum should be. Civil discussion might also need the attendance of the people we want to discuss with - this also is some kind of issue as we know.

All that can be intrepreted from what is now "technically" (???) in effect is that PWE has given up on resolving issues and concentrates on removing reports about issues, also has given up on even simulating that there are acceptable or at least well thought forum rules, TOC, ROC and whatever you call the ban regularies and that everyone now is at mercy of the daily mood of whoever looks around staff side.

Leave a bit of leash or your dog cant run around to have fun. Its pretty much useless to tape him to a tree and then complain he does not obey your "come to me" commands.

The best method to avoid complaints about issues is to resolve the issues not resolve the "issue" that complaints arise. So maybe before putting such somehow strange "rules" into "technical" effect, PWE should have a concept what they really want the forums to be.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EvilSheepy - IllyfueEvilSheepy - Illyfue Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if you are not sure if you are crossing the line, please send any admin/moderator a PM prior to posting.

I don't wanna have to defend the staff... EVER. But now I have to.

Do you realize how un-doable it is to send a PM to any admin or mod prior to posting? All of us would have to send a PM to a mod or admin, ALL the time for EACH our posts to make sure a rule isn't being broken. That's how ridiculous the rules are atm.

They got better things to do than to sit at their desks proofreading 3 million PMs a day to make sure players can post without having to worry about a possible ban. Ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ♥ EvilSheep - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ♥ ~
  • inf3ktorinf3ktor Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I believe admcroxe has covered the major questions that have come up in this thread, and GreyJoyKraken has started tackling the rest of them in his sticky post "So, about them rules.."

We're currently taking all feedback that we've received from you all and the other PWE games to see how we can further clarify the points that have been brought up. Something such as the first question about choosing your own avatar, is a definite revision needed to be made, and we'll be doing other changes like that as needed based on your feedback.

After reading several replies posted by people who have their name colored in red, my mind said "Forsaken world staff ended up with the new concept of taking away from us the freedom of speech"... Okay, understood what Gray was trying to say in his post about racism or racist based bla bla, I understand some level of trolling is unacceptable, that's why I visit forum just when I'm in the mood of reading about servers that drop, lag, inaccurate descriptions, and maintenance. What I see you're trying to deny is my political given right to state exactly how I see some things, my freedom of speech. I will get banned if I come on forum and post my opinion about some promotion sales by saying "These promotion sales are so sh**ty" instead of saying "These promotion sales are bad". I believe the basic idea is through some words you can describe perfectly the way you see some things, such as you feel the need to express in your own particular way. Larry Flint said: "Freedom of speech is not freedom for the thought you love, it’s freedom for the thought you hate the most. You have to get your head around that."
    Hope people don't get offended by what I'm going to say, but you're making a big mistake by trying to censor us. We wont end up Canadians to be the most polite people ever, such as we can't impersonate the Canadian way of acting towards some things. I work with Canadians and I swear to God, they are the most polite people I have ever met in my whole life. I look at them, I like what I see, but I know I can't be like them. They come from different world. We are different, unique. Same is our way of seeing things. As Firebat said in an older post, many mistakes have been made, staff people left, we remained.

Kind regards!
  • Dracoa - Storm LegionDracoa - Storm Legion Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Sales and Trading

Layman Interpretation.

Don't advertise on these forums that you are selling your account, character, items, currency in exchange for real cash, real life items such as couches, or assets from other games such as PWI gold.

As a layperson, I read that as no posts or private messages (Big Brother much?) can be made about purchasing Zen (or anything else related to the game, accounts included) for money (an out of game asset). And as I read it, that particular rule does not apply to giving a game asset away, only to sales or trades. So I could, in theory, give my account away.
  • darkfuriaeldarkfuriael Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Signatures are limited to five lines of text, including blank lines, and/or an image. The total signature size must be no larger than 500x150 pixels and 195.3Kb in size if it contains an image. Images must be in .jpg format. The text in the signature may be customized by the BBCode in use on the forums. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large. You may mention websites and ventures that you are in some way related to, as long as they are otherwise appropriate for the community. No Animated images will be allowed. Strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content in this community. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in an infraction, and the removal of the offending signature or avatar.

Please tell me you put a PHP routine to resize images, and won't make the forum app pester about the signature details. Just a small class would fix the issue. (Yes hunnies, I know what I am talking about. I'm senior PHP dev.)
    Playing on llyfue~<3
  • ediraedira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited April 2014

German forum you can choose another avatar... don't know why it's not possible here... then again we're having a "Thanks"-Button too... perhaps the programmer for the EN forum are just lazy... :D
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • VyXantia - LionheartVyXantia - Lionheart Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm ok with all the rules except this one:

"You may not create posts and/or private messages that contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or content that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, show/display and/or discuss any of the following: (a) unreleased in-game items or equipment;"

There are a couple reasons why I think we should be able to discuss unreleased in-game items or equipment:

1... Gives us something to look forward to, usually new fashion or new content from CN and we can let our GMS know what we're interested in for our version of FW.

2... We all know that our game updates are "edited for our version of FW", which means that we don't get everything they have in the CN version. This is ok when it's fashion, mounts or other "extra" items... but it's NOT ok when it affects our game mechanics... when that happens, we need to be able to let the GMS know and discuss it here in the Forums.

For Example... with the new Lv90 update, our gear fortify success rates dropped dramatically, making it much harder to get 12/12 gear... but we did NOT get the new item needed to make up for the decreased success rates, until after everyone complained/discussed it in the forums.

As long as we are going to get incomplete/edited updates from CN, we need to be able to discuss any important in-game items or equipment that may negatively impact the game mechanics in our version of FW.
    CSers are needed to financially support the game,
    Non-CSers are needed to expand the player base,
    Both are equally important to the game.

So don't be hatin'... :)
  • drakenfyredrakenfyre Posts: 2,614 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    wow guys.....Im taking these NECRO posts out and locking this

VyXantia - Lionheart you of all people have since this thread was started to post your gripes, NOW you wait till it's necro'd
    *kudos to you*
    Swordsman Moderator, Forsaken World Moderator, Jade Dynasty Moderator
    I do not have the staff on speed dial
    Insanity Runs Downhill
    2v3ld35.jpg
This discussion has been closed.