[Notice] Server Maintenance 9/2/14 - Complete

defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

This week we'll be having a server maintenance that consists of a restart to ensure boss spawns occur, especially during the current 2x Drop Rate Event.

The maintenance tonight will be the usual 11PM PDT - 2AM time frame, but we expect it to be over before that end time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If only it worked for those bosses QQ

• Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello everyone,

a restart to ensure boss spawns occur

Thanks for this!

especially during the current 2x Drop Rate Event.

Are you aware that we suspect its broken? Is it being looked into?
  • lolnotyfg
    lolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello everyone,

This week we'll be having a server maintenance that consists of a restart to ensure boss spawns occur, especially during the current 2x Drop Rate Event.

I thought you had no control over when maintenance occurs and were at the mercy of our Chinese overlords.
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    edited September 2014
    lolnotyfg wrote: »
    I thought you had no control over when maintenance occurs and were at the mercy of our Chinese overlords.

I think that's Patch related, not server restart.
  • lolnotyfg
    lolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think that's Patch related, not server restart.

In reference to.... (from last week)
    We don't have authorization nor the ability to spawn bosses yet. I do not make the calls on when maintenance occurs, but we do not run maintenance completely in-house. It requires co-ordination with the Chinese engineers and thus altercations occur.

A maintenance thread is being created now which will go over what is coming when the next patch arrives and what you can expect after this week's maintenance.
  • tornathien
    tornathien Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wow and you could not do this last week....
  • tork77
    tork77 Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What about the new fashion/events that were coming?

We will see them one day ?

or just another broken promise?

at least could we get the old fashion back?
  • PerseusPri - Storm Legion
    PerseusPri - Storm Legion Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OK this is flipping ridiculous. WTH is the fashion, WTH is anything .. you all said next week so many times its silly and then come Tuesday its just "time for a restart" again .. and again and again. You can hear a pin drop in world chat half the time becuz your **** this upppppp ... Horrible few months now .. you've had bad streaks before but this is just crazy.
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    Aeonnix - Storm Legion Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well what do you know? It's that 5%. :P
    Light Bards: Half the calories of regular bards.
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    edited September 2014
    lolnotyfg wrote: »
    In reference to.... (from last week)

Hmm, okie, I hadn't seen that post. Thank you ^^

I would have thought a restart was a far easier case than a patch, silly me. >.<
  • Mouthgasm - Eyrda
    Mouthgasm - Eyrda Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Copied and pasted this from the Fashion Overhaul Thread. <-- BY D.o.D

Anyways, with the start of a new week, we're hopeful to finally show off some of the new fashion that has been delayed. Not only fashion too, but a couple other new items that will be the first shipment of new things to arrive into Eyrda.

Next week in PWE time or next week in human time. Am getting disappointed with the constant increase of empty promises. Atleast give us double exp or something to compensate this. Especially after that awesome (eyerolls) maint surprise we got last week. Double exp would be a good gift to us seeing as its actually a bit more difficult to level now.

And btw. Stop getting our hopes up. I want new fashion. So do a lot of people. That was like teasing a dog with a steak but eating it yourself instead dude.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mouthgasm
    Divine/Glacial Lycan Priest
    "Pvp is heart and soul. If your heart isn't in it, your soul will be devoured."
    Coffee is an everyday MUST!
  • jhkx123
    jhkx123 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    OK this is flipping ridiculous. WTH is the fashion, WTH is anything .. you all said next week so many times its silly and then come Tuesday its just "time for a restart" again .. and again and again. You can hear a pin drop in world chat half the time becuz your **** this upppppp ... Horrible few months now .. you've had bad streaks before but this is just crazy.

Bad streaks? nawww mang.. they only have 1 bad streak.... and its still going on...
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello everyone,

The maintenance tonight will be the usual 11PM PDT - 2AM time frame, but we expect it to be over before that end time.

so no big promised event? no territory reset? no CS items added? and the fashion overhaul pushed back another week? and the fact the double drop rate doesnt even work? and implimenting a fix that youve known works for months?

oh hey that OTHER game thats being released has its installers up on sites already BYE BYE FW
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Varnania - Eyrda
    Varnania - Eyrda Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ty gms for doing soemthing right
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited September 2014
    ty gms for doing soemthing right

why would you thank them... Its their job that they haven't done right in how many months?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GodsTeacher - Eyrda
    GodsTeacher - Eyrda Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    when is the game coming back online?
  • healliejr
    healliejr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    its back up now im back on it already lol
  • crimsondaisy
    crimsondaisy Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is just pathetic. Which week we're waiting for the new things now? Almost a month? And the awesome new event that DoD talked about was just a lousy 2x drop rate? Which, by the way, is broken.

This is just beyond me how can you mock your players so much.
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    why do you think your 2*drop rate is making any difference with eb wb? they have 100% chance to drop anyway, making it 200% chance is making no difference loool

u fail at looking after the game, and fail at math too :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_InFamou - Lionheart
    Mr_InFamou - Lionheart Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    why do you think your 2*drop rate is making any difference with eb wb? they have 100% chance to drop anyway, making it 200% chance is making no difference loool

u fail at looking after the game, and fail at math too :o

Bosses have a chance of dropping both an upgrade crystal and a weapon, therefore 2x droprate does increase the chance of that happening.
    The Star Falls
    Mr_InFamous: Lv90 Elemental Warrior
    Lionhearts "Worst warrior on the whole server" since 7/26/11
    DefenderofDreams the hero Forsaken World needs.
    Fifty shades of GreyjoyKraken RIP
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/mImBk9T.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • BalthazarF - Shylia
    BalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    oh ok then, my bad...but if it was true, boss should sometimes drop nothing?? sometime they do drop 1 weapon or one upgrade no? im not sure i havent done those wb for ages
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr_InFamou - Lionheart
    Mr_InFamou - Lionheart Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    oh ok then, my bad...but if it was true, boss should sometimes drop nothing?? sometime they do drop 1 weapon or one upgrade no? im not sure i havent done those wb for ages

Uhh, they have a 100% chance of dropping a weapon or upgrade crystal and a small chance of dropping a weapon AND a crystal.

(Btw I've seen lv75 drop both, I'm assuming 85 can too.)
    The Star Falls
    Mr_InFamous: Lv90 Elemental Warrior
    Lionhearts "Worst warrior on the whole server" since 7/26/11
    DefenderofDreams the hero Forsaken World needs.
    Fifty shades of GreyjoyKraken RIP
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/mImBk9T.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bosses have a chance of dropping both an upgrade crystal and a weapon, therefore 2x droprate does increase the chance of that happening.

It will have 0% chance to drop anything extra. These bosses are fixed drop rates. Always one wep OR crystal on 85 bosses.

2x drop rate is a farce, and anyone that believed it is a total moron.
    (Btw I've seen lv75 drop both, I'm assuming 85 can too.)
    That's unique to 75 bosses only, dont ASSume one thing happening on another part of the game.

2x drop rate will give a truck load of useless greens and whites, if anything. People actually thought that 2x drop rate was going to be something significant? Maybe in other games where drops actually mean something, not in FW where game is mostly driven via checkins and CS.

EDIT: Could you imagine grinding (botting) mobs and blues and purples dropping from them on a regular basis? In other games, it happens, not here. Damn, I even got gold drops from killing normal mobs, and oh yeh, actual game currency drops too, not some useless BS soul gold.

This game is so pathetic and outdated i'm actually feeling sorry for the people who play, spend and work on it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    edited September 2014
    and again they cant even say when maint is over >.< you want to talk about sht service

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    NoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It will have 0% chance to drop anything extra. These bosses are fixed drop rates. Always one wep OR crystal on 85 bosses.

2x drop rate is a farce, and anyone that believed it is a total moron.

That's unique to 75 bosses only, dont ASSume one thing happening on another part of the game.

2x drop rate will give a truck load of useless greens and whites, if anything. People actually thought that 2x drop rate was going to be something significant? Maybe in other games where drops actually mean something, not in FW where game is mostly driven via checkins and CS.

EDIT: Could you imagine grinding (botting) mobs and blues and purples dropping from them on a regular basis? In other games, it happens, not here. Damn, I even got gold drops from killing normal mobs, and oh yeh, actual game currency drops too, not some useless BS soul gold.

This game is so pathetic and outdated i'm actually feeling sorry for the people who play, spend and work on it now.

Clearly they are ignorant towards how the boss drops work, but still seems a little extreme..

The 2x drop rate WOULD have been useful had it actually been implemented properly; drops from ES such as flame crystals, drops from Dragon runs such as flame crystals magic rock dust elemental essences quick mount tails etc, boxes from world bosses chance increased by 2, which would be significant for some bosses, especially lower level ones, that maybe have 30-50% chance to drop.

There are a lot of nice things, that don't always drop. Instance pets such as ES pet and Octobuddy..farming instances such as wades, doing mantra's in DDT..some set pieces with nice additional stats from instances and world bosses do still sell reasonably well (i made 1.5d from selling 1% crit/6 eva sin belt..) as well as any purple gear that maybe drop also still sells if it has nice additional stats...

Of course that's entirely hypothetical, seeing as it's not actually implemented, but still a response to your post.

Also you're kinda contradicting your own logic in that first sentence, by saying it can't drop BOTH weapon+upgrade tokens, you're also making an assumption, it's just opposite to that of the assumption of infamous..you're just as bad as he is by your own logic really(In the sense of making assumptions of course..)
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Copied and pasted this from the Fashion Overhaul Thread. <-- BY D.o.D

Anyways, with the start of a new week, we're hopeful to finally show off some of the new fashion that has been delayed. Not only fashion too, but a couple other new items that will be the first shipment of new things to arrive into Eyrda.

Next week in PWE time or next week in human time. Am getting disappointed with the constant increase of empty promises. Atleast give us double exp or something to compensate this. Especially after that awesome (eyerolls) maint surprise we got last week. Double exp would be a good gift to us seeing as its actually a bit more difficult to level now.

And btw. Stop getting our hopes up. I want new fashion. So do a lot of people. That was like teasing a dog with a steak but eating it yourself instead dude.

Don't see the word "promise" or anything that would hint a guarantee anywhere in there. He states "with the start of a new week, we're hopeful to finall show off some of the new fashion" meaning they are not guaranteeing that it was going to happen, just hoping that it would. I can see if I can get an update on it, just don't misread an anticipation as a promise.

[QUOTE=crimsondaisy;5097361And the awesome new event that DoD talked about was just a lousy 2x drop rate? Which, by the way, is broken.[/QUOTE]

No, I don't think that is the event DoD was talking about. I'll also ask about the 2x drop rate as well.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Don't see the word "promise" or anything that would hint a guarantee anywhere in there. He states "with the start of a new week, we're hopeful to finall show off some of the new fashion" meaning they are not guaranteeing that it was going to happen, just hoping that it would. I can see if I can get an update on it, just don't misread an anticipation as a promise.

No, I don't think that is the event DoD was talking about. I'll also ask about the 2x drop rate as well.

omg is that how you reply to everything? i remember in another thread too where you said same thing. How about you link any single post where they DID guarantee anything? Everything they post is none guaranteed, so if you think them using "we can't give anything guaranteed everything is chance" is something we accept then you are wrong lol. Either we are holding them accountable for not delivering on what they promise or holding them accountable for being too impotent to promise anything. you take your pick.
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    Cheerful - Eyrda Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Your constant defense of PWE, even against logic and evidence, is getting beyond inflammatory. All you do is instigate needless drama by defending PWE in an antagonistic manner when people are justifiably upset. Stop it.

You don't like people criticizing PWE? Fine. But you don't have to come along and stir up drama by being condescending and twisting what the other posters say or what the staff has said to try to prove PWE's innocence. It's annoying, just causes issues, and most importantly is highly unnecessary. I honestly would consider you a forum troll just purposefully trying to cause drama were you not a mod.

And please don't delete this post just because it calls you out on your behavior. That would be childish. I am well within forum rules with this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    omg is that how you reply to everything? i remember in another thread too where you said same thing. How about you link any single post where they DID guarantee anything? Everything they post is none guaranteed, so if you think them using "we can't give anything guaranteed everything is chance" is something we accept then you are wrong lol. Either we are holding them accountable for not delivering on what they promise or holding them accountable for being too impotent to promise anything. you take your pick.

They don't promise because things CAN change, and they'd rather let you guys know that "hey, we are working toward this date, but there is a possibility something might prevent that from happening". Because then if they promise it and something DOES happen where it is delayed, then there is a very similar backlash as there is now. I'd rather have the former situation than the latter if I was a game developer. They just know they aren't sure if they can deliver on the date specified, but they don't want to just not say anything at all. Communication is lacking, and DoD is trying to improve that, but if every statement he makes or update he gives is viewed as a full out promise and then when it doesn't happen there is that backlash, then they might just stop giving updates completely, and we really don't want or need that right now :/
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 6
    edited September 2014
    Easy solution. IF you feel the need to complain, moan and QQ, just GTFO, leave the game and stfu. k thanks =)
This discussion has been closed.