test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wither skill

ex725ex725 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Priest Discussion
okej so this wither skill reduc crit def,eve and stack up 3 tims the question is why its stack somtims and somtims not? i stacked on some bosses and some bosses not even in duel it dident stack so i dont understand how this works and plzz tell me if it works on pve do mobs even have crit defens?
Post edited by ex725 on

Comments

• DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Wither does damage over time based on mastery as well as debuffing, so if your mastery changes the 'strength' of your wither changes. Unfortunately wither does not stack with different strengths and will either overwrite the current debuff (regardless of stacks) or just do nothing.

It is really annoying because if your pet buff runs out, or a teammate buffs you, or someone purges your buffs, you have to completely restack from scratch.

This also means that wither from multiple priests won't stack so the priest with the highest mastery will overwrite all others stacks, and everyone else's wither does nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • ex725ex725 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    so wwhat u mean its u ned high mas to make it work as i understod?

and how abute if its works in pvp i meean do boss mobs have crit def even ?
    edited June 2014
    no you don't need high mastery to make it work. and yes it works in pvp and pve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ex725ex725 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    okej ty for asnwer and i got 1 more thing too say if somone reduc res on boss lest say dose that effkt me? or its just if somone buff my mas?
    edited June 2014
    ex725 wrote: »
    okej ty for asnwer and i got 1 more thing too say if somone reduc res on boss lest say dose that effkt me? or its just if somone buff my mas?

Just your mastery
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viiixviiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Attack also impacts if Wither stacks or not. Makes it really annoying to be in a party with a bard and trying to stack it, as well as Holy Power and pet buffs.
    edited July 2014
    viiix wrote: »
    Attack also impacts if Wither stacks or not. Makes it really annoying to be in a party with a bard and trying to stack it, as well as Holy Power and pet buffs.

Yeah I just tested this, and its true, which means its almost impossible to stack consistently anywhere besides HR. Even then if you have holy power you'd have to make sure it doesn't interfere.

Good thing its so well documented and explained in the description /s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I just tested this, and its true, which means its almost impossible to stack consistently anywhere besides HR. Even then if you have holy power you'd have to make sure it doesn't interfere.

Good thing its so well documented and explained in the description /s

Should be doable at most situations? except pvping with a buffing class i guess.
    You can stay outside the buffer (Prec/bard) range and debuff from there. (PVE)
    Or am i missing something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
    edited July 2014
    Should be doable at most situations? except pvping with a buffing class i guess.
    You can stay outside the buffer (Prec/bard) range and debuff from there. (PVE)
    Or am i missing something?

If you're dodging friendly buffs and staying outside the range of courage/encourage its gonna be a bit tricky to heal them. (and blood vamp invig, ele warcry etc) also turning sympathy on and off will also mess it up.

Long story short, technically possible, but terribly inconvenient and impractical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ILikeBigGu - IllyfueILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you're dodging friendly buffs and staying outside the range of courage/encourage its gonna be a bit tricky to heal them. (and blood vamp invig, ele warcry etc) also turning sympathy on and off will also mess it up.

Long story short, technically possible, but terribly inconvenient and impractical.

I dont see that many situations where priest get healed by invig from blood vamp, neither ele wars that keeps rebuffing, esp. not in pve. However diffrent servers so diffrent teambuilds & playstyle i guess :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
    edited July 2014
    I dont see that many situations where priest get healed by invig from blood vamp, neither ele wars that keeps rebuffing, esp. not in pve. However diffrent servers so diffrent teambuilds & playstyle i guess :p

I'm not saying its common, its just if any one of these things happens even once, when you're casting it, it takes a full 60 seconds to restack it.

As for courage/encouragae, you can't really avoid them while keeping them alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cureaustriacureaustria Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just your mastery

it depends a lot of attack, just turn sympathy on/off and you will see,
    other thing - about the masterys, does someone know if they get summarized water and light
    or does only the higher one gets involved?
  • DoomRaven - Storm LegionDoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is good for pvp, no op crit def debuff, 15% is nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • Ganymade - DyosGanymade - Dyos Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wither is a good skill, though they way the skill operates is odd

as delta said, trying to dodge friendly buffs just to keep 3 stacks is an effort no one could do easily

bards for one will refresh your buffs every few seconds, and they have a large area of effect

as for the usefulness of the skill, i disagree that 15% crit def debuff is nothing, the way i see it, its like +15% crit damage to everyone hitting that debuffed target which is huge, righT?

i do not know how it works works in PvE exactly (against mobs/bosses) but im pretty sure it works the same way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Divine Priest
    WARNING
    Lionheart
  • cureaustriacureaustria Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wither is a good skill, though they way the skill operates is odd

as delta said, trying to dodge friendly buffs just to keep 3 stacks is an effort no one could do easily

bards for one will refresh your buffs every few seconds, and they have a large area of effect

as for the usefulness of the skill, i disagree that 15% crit def debuff is nothing, the way i see it, its like +15% crit damage to everyone hitting that debuffed target which is huge, righT?

i do not know how it works works in PvE exactly (against mobs/bosses) but im pretty sure it works the same way

its amazing for the group, in lv85 instance (dont know english name of it) its amazing
    just let the priest in a group without bard and he is possible to stack it up to 3

whole group gets 45% crit power, in an 18 player raid like dragon instance or lv85 instance,
    its 15 times 45% (15 dds^^) -> 675% more crit power

its equal with 2 additonal dd with "average damageoutput of all dds" acting with 340% crit power and 100% crit

AMAZING^^

its raising whole group damageoutput for about 15%, by only just clicking 3 times an 1sec skill

in pvp you can see that glacial cant realy make 2 stacks, but rebells can manage it
    -15sec cooldown, 1sec cast, buff lasts 20sec
    an glacial player has 4sec sparetime to stack up

rebell has
    -15sec cooldown, 1sec cast, buff lasts 29sec
    13sec sparetime^^

in the next video you can see real ingame playing and that this realy matters,
    opponent stacks 3400 (!) and me only 2000

but he cant stack itup, im the rebell i can^^ (was not easy because needed sympathy too which changed my attack - was not easy to stay alive AND have same attack stats)
    LINK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFpAElirUZs
    edited August 2014

whole group gets 45% crit power, in an 18 player raid like dragon instance or lv85 instance,
    its 15 times 45% (15 dds^^) -> 675% more crit power

Rest of your post aside, that's really not how percentages work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalthazarF - ShyliaBalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Rest of your post aside, that's really not how percentages work

the 45%*15 is a mistake that a 11yo should not even make :o

curen : u can not add % that way. cause the 15% extra damage is different for different chars. Ur math would be ok if u have 15 exactly identical chars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    the 45%*15 is a mistake that a 11yo should not even make :o

curen : u can not add % that way. cause the 15% extra damage is different for different chars. Ur math would be ok if u have 15 exactly identical chars

well not only that, but crit dmg% is a multiplier, so if one person or 15 people are attacking boss with the debuff its still 45% extra crit damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BalthazarF - ShyliaBalthazarF - Shylia Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    true^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]