Player Vote: Desired Event Rewards

defenderofdreams
defenderofdreams Posts: 78
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
As mentioned in our state of the game post, we'd like to hear your feedback on what type of rewards you would like to receive in future events. What gets you excited or interested in that you think would be worth your time invested in an event.

You can vote for more than one, pick what you think are the most appealing to you as a player. Please provide your suggestions as well, so long as they are items not in the boutique. We are looking for unique, fun, non-boutique items to have as rewards for future events.

Here are the poll genres (but give us your suggestions too):

- Fashion
- Dyes
- Mounts
- Soul Gold

This poll is for a rough idea of what the current list is, but please give us your suggestions too! We'll be going through them all and compiling a list. You can vote for more than one, so make sure to pick what you want to see the most.

Thank you for your time.

*Poll ends on 8/5/14*

-FW Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lcorndogl
    lcorndogl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Soul gold please, new soulpower talents and the rune slot cost far too much!

edit: especially with limited world bosses due to old ones not dropping world boss chests at high level
  • Mr_InFamou - Lionheart
    Mr_InFamou - Lionheart Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Again, thank you DoD for being more involved with the community.

I voted for Soul gold and Fashion. I personally thing Soul gold should be a no brainer, it's necessary for almost everything in Forsaken World. If I were the dev's I'd make every event give Soul gold no matter what, then have one of the other options as an additave.

Just my suggestion.
    The Star Falls
    Mr_InFamous: Lv90 Elemental Warrior
    Lionhearts "Worst warrior on the whole server" since 7/26/11
    DefenderofDreams the hero Forsaken World needs.
    Fifty shades of GreyjoyKraken RIP
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/mImBk9T.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • syllogism
    syllogism Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Have one poll once a month every other month about issues with the game, and whichever bug gets the most votes, you gm's take steps to fix just that one bug, 30 full days of focus on just that one bug and getting it fixed.
  • LuciusOersted - Storm Legion
    LuciusOersted - Storm Legion Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hands down, soul gold.. My soul gold currently bleeds as we speak >_> and plus I want my rune slot for my 80 wisdom so I won't be as noob!!!! :(
    LuciusOersted - Lv90 Squishy Divine Priest

GregoryAileron - Lv90 Noob Water Bard

Apparently I'm the god of K-pop... ._.
  • Maarit - Storm Legion
    Maarit - Storm Legion Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lcorndogl wrote: »
    soul Gold Please, New Soulpower Talents And The Rune Slot Cost Far Too Much!

Edit: Especially With Limited World Bosses Due To Old Ones Not Dropping World Boss Chests At High Level

^this.
    Normal is just an illusion. What's normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Maarit, Lv 90 Glacial/Divine Priest.
    ~Forever with Kazuuma~
  • shokkur
    shokkur Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I voted for number 5; I suggest you close this thread, because the first 3 options are stupid, so there is no need to waste time with the poll.

As for HOW you add more soul gold to the game, I suggest you put in more world bosses above level 80, because as YOU might not be aware, once you're ~10 levels above a world boss's level, you're chance to get any of the main rewards become less and less.
  • lolnotyfg
    lolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    People in charge who play FW
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    are you guys serious? you want super rare events barely ever held ever to award...soul gold? get off your lazy asses and run some wbs with a lowbie, run NC, do checkins, run some apprentices, buy some tofs if you cant afford your sp trees lol. im down under 10 soul diamonds and id still pick mounts/fashion any day of the week lol. one day in the future when you have all your talents maxed and 5/5 rune slot youll think to yourself, damn..if only i had a cool mount. :confused:

personally my vote is for rare titles, but mounts/fashion will do. ;)
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can people try not to be so negative? Pretty please, just once?

Dyes are the only option I would say a giant no to tbh.

shokkur wrote: »
    As for HOW you add more soul gold to the game, I suggest you put in more world bosses above level 80, because as YOU might not be aware, once you're ~10 levels above a world boss's level, you're chance to get any of the main rewards become less and less.

You do realise that's up to the CN devs, not PWE... right?
    amarantos wrote: »
    are you guys serious? you want super rare events barely ever held ever to award...soul gold? get off your lazy asses and run some wbs with a lowbie, run NC, do checkins, run some apprentices, buy some tofs if you cant afford your sp trees lol. im down under 10 soul diamonds and id still pick mounts/fashion any day of the week lol. one day in the future when you have all your talents maxed and 5/5 rune slot youll think to yourself, damn..if only i had a cool mount. :confused:

Plus the guild base alchemy & cooking quests give a tonne of soul gold.
  • AngieLynn - Storm Legion
    AngieLynn - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fashion Fashion :D
    I would actually like to see more titles with stats boost , event foods and special potion recipes. One best thing about xmas event its stocking up on mats for the hp/mana regen pots and resistant pots along with xmas food. Speaking of titles any chance to bringing back the login event from last year which gave atk title and fash item. I was on break during the start of Triple log in threat event (I miss out :() and with new chars Im sure ppl wouldn't mind being able have chance to get the title and hair for their new chars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    As mentioned in our state of the game post, we'd like to hear your feedback on what type of rewards you would like to receive in future events. What gets you excited or interested in that you think would be worth your time invested in an event.

Events? you guys forgot what those are ever since Crab and Loki left. Might want to plan some events before the prizes
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    amarantos wrote: »

personally my vote is for rare titles, but mounts/fashion will do. ;)
    Yes i am becuse what will i do with all thoes fashions i use 1 set if im bored i trow away current why i should hog tons of som pixels that ir rarely helpful and will do ****.
    Events? you guys forgot what those are ever since Crab and Loki left. Might want to plan some events before the prizes

Not forget croxe promised us uber events, that we will be tired off and in some of them MS rewards :D
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nihooya wrote: »
    Not forget croxe promised us uber events, that we will be tired off and in some of them MS rewards :D

Dont forget he promised that when he started, alng with better communication and fixes which the game has been getting progressively less of. They even let Nyxa have a thread about a forum event and that was how many months ago without it ever going anywhere?
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nihooya
    edited July 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »
    Events - Most of the events in FW are not what I would call events. We've gotten initial permission from China to start a fun project. I hope that starting June/July we can get the community to start saying, "whoa too many events." I'm excited about this the most.
    What month we will be having in 2 days?
    Item/Events not in our version - We're going through a list of these and are working with adapt them for our region if possible. (Sometime there are legal reasons why we can't do/release certain things)

We still w8 for 9k leafs/tof flare card
    Speed of updates - Internally we're aiming at staying 3 months behind China's last patch in a content expansion. Much of this delay is caused by the need to do localization. If you played international games, you should know to expect these delays. The extra large delay for Dysil's Wrath were caused by things outside the teams control and scope, completely outside regular operation.

This one only can be replied with keep-calm-and-laugh-out-loud-167.png
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What month we will be having in 2 days?

Key word. HOPING. Why does everyone assume that when the staff says something like "we are hoping to implement this at this date" or "we are looking to possibly" or anything along those lines they think it means it's guaranteed to come at that date?
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • nihooya
    edited July 2014
    Key word. HOPING. Why does everyone assume that when the staff says something like "we are hoping to implement this at this date" or "we are looking to possibly" or anything along those lines they think it means it's guaranteed to come at that date?

Yea we had many key words here most ofthen is "s00n" too, or our most liked now its a "CN feature only" for a game
    Forsaken World is Perfect World Entertainment's most highly anticipated online game to date and first to be built from the ground up with the Western audience in mind. Developed by top talent in the video game industry from around the world, Forsaken World promises to be an online gaming experience like no other.
  • lycoshun
    lycoshun Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Soul Gold... pls, you can farm it! There is only one thing what is bad: you need to work for it.... pff.
    I vote for fashion handhold or some great new pets!
    Lycanrdra, mage from Illyfue... from the beginning...
  • waskiu1
    waskiu1 Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    1. Mounts.

2. Mounts.

3. And one more time rare awesome mounts.

There is so many ways to get soul gold in game, everything what you should do is move your lazy asses and earn it. Only one issue might be new rune slot Lv5 but "it's intended for hard working people only".
  • nihooya
    edited July 2014
    waskiu1 wrote: »
    1. Mounts.

2. Mounts.

There is so many ways to get soul gold in game, everything what you should do is move your lazy asses and earn it. Only one issue might be new rune slot Lv5 but "it's intended for hard working people only".

There is so many ways to get mounts in game
  • aestheticsbro
    aestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Soul gold, titles, collectables for achievements, mastery/resistance training points scrolls. And please bring back old events like harvest festival and romantic island, same as our beloved winter festival keeps coming around. ;)
  • Vyden - Illyfue
    Vyden - Illyfue Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2014

And more ways to get soul golds(wb,almost any quest),fashion(for soul leaves,from orbs with a higher chance than mounts)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • waskiu1
    waskiu1 Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2014

...so long as they are items not in the boutique. We are looking for unique
    , fun, non-boutique items to have as rewards for future events.

waskiu1 wrote: »
    1. Mounts.

2. Mounts.

Eh, no words...
  • Vyden - Illyfue
    edited July 2014

You can vote for more than one, pick what you think are the most appealing to you as a player. Please provide your suggestions as well, so long as they are items not in the boutique. We are looking for unique, fun, non-boutique items to have as rewards for future events.

Atm sg is winning,i guess ppl want to get unique sg instead of unique mounts or fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Atm sg is winning,i guess ppl want to get unique sg instead of unique mounts or fashion.

Mounts and fashions are cosmetics they don't directly affect your ability to perform in the game.
  • fottermucker3
    fottermucker3 Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree with the option of a nice amount of sg + chance on something rare like a mount or fash.
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Because they never guarantee anything so we don't like the fact that the base case is we get 0 lol.

It's about we don't think it's reasonable they can't guarantee us anything at all ever.

This is a hotel! you may have a bed. you may have food there might be a floor to walk on oh and we hope there will be air. Really?

Forsaken world is a game we assume that the stuff WILL implement stuff because that's the base case for online games not because they said it.
  • Vyden - Illyfue
    edited July 2014
    Mounts and fashions are cosmetics they don't directly affect your ability to perform in the game.

I do not expect some cool mounts or fashion,also not a big amount of sg,at least mounts and fashion are more valuable than few sg which can easily be farmed by killing some wb,
    with iron skin any newb can kill a wb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DethStrike - Storm Legion
    DethStrike - Storm Legion Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    MY IDEA:

- AN ITEM THAT GIVES YOU LUDICROUS AMOUNTS OF TOKENS OF FAITH. I don't care if they're bound or not. If I'm going to need a billion ToFs just to get my gear to 12/12 now, I'm not orb-bombing world chat for them and I'm not farming gold just so I can pay through the nose for a single ToF. Suggested amount: anywhere between 1000 to 10,000.

Whoever is voting soul gold are a lazy people who can proudly say they're even lazier than ME. How lazy am I? I dismount my flying mount over empty space when doing GBQ's because I'm too lazy to fly back to the NPC to turn the quest in. If I have it for luck, I occasionally send my pet to do harbor guide because sure, I could find it in about 10 seconds or so, since I've done it so much I know it like the back of my hand, but I don't really plan on putting that much effort in for a luck quest. I'd rather stand by Norchardens and just turn it in. I also wish I could send one of my pets to do the Tamer quest on another pet, because I am too lazy to feed stale bread to my shark until it barfs.

I get maybe one actual day a week to even do anything that ISN'T HR runs, Rift and Dragon. The rest of my time is consumed by that work thing, and playing catch-up with home life.

Not even my alts have less than 5 soul diamond on them, except a couple of my check-in mules.

My point is, if I can manage to scrape up soul gold on my toons and keep a decent amount of it, (32SD on my main as of this posting, I have an alt or two sitting mid to high 50's) and I barely get one day to actually play the game instead of putting my toons through toon-gym, there is no reason why anyone else can't keep at least half of that on their own toons. And before you ask, I spend at least 1 soul diamond every 2-3 days just in mana pots alone. My main source of income is botting mobs and sending my pet off for Henries and/or weekly Aerial Assault/Friend of the Forest.
  • FluffySoul - Lionheart
    FluffySoul - Lionheart Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Here are the poll genres (but give us your suggestions too):

- Fashion
    - Dyes
    - Mounts
    - Soul Gold

This poll is for a rough idea of what the current list is, but please give us your suggestions too! We'll be going through them all and compiling a list. You can vote for more than one, so make sure to pick what you want to see the most.

Thank you for your time.

*Poll ends on 8/5/14*

-FW Team

Can you clarify what would be a mount or fashion you are talking about? Because if you are talking beastmaster and racial 3d mount then noty....

Also as people already stated titles with bonuses on them would be nice to be an event reward.
  • nihooya
    edited July 2014
    I do not expect some cool mounts or fashion,also not a big amount of sg,at least mounts and fashion are more valuable than few sg which can easily be farmed by killing some wb,
    with iron skin any newb can kill a wb.

WHat value will have items that will be bound? Dont think it will be what u can merch like u do all time.
This discussion has been closed.