test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eva Glacial Priest PVP - No rebel or divine.

BlissLullaby - LionheartBlissLullaby - Lionheart Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Priest Discussion
I'm working on my glacial priest and just need a quick recap on some stuff (many thanks to researching deltatroop info/comments on Glacials)

A. Nyos/Dyos - If I max out my dyos EVA and ACC, it will boost my EVA/ACC that I want, when I roll over to Nyos? (My dyo is at level 60 now, and my nyos is level 9)

B. Gearing - So far, as my gearing, IDs, and gemming.. I want to focus on Crit DMG and EVA, mainly EVA. Here is a screenshots of my 2/8 armor that I have right now.. (rest of the gear is in shards, but I will be swapping them out as I get better gear.)
wl6emt.jpg
2ymyjop.jpg

C. GEMS -
Head: Blood, Rage, Gold, Shatter
Chest: Blood, Rage, Mist, Crystal
Shoulders: Blood, Rage, Shatter, "Need a suggestion"
Hands: Blood, Rage, Shatter, "Need a suggestion"
Waist: Blood, Rage, Mist, Crystal
Legs: Blood, Rage, Mist, Crystal
Feet: Blood, Rage, Mist, Twlight
Weapon: Gold, Shatter, Blood, Rage

C. My talent build - Which I am focusing on CC/Mana drain, I need to know what talent points I could take out to put into winds of salvation? (any comments on my build is welcome, but I'm pretty comfortable of how it is.)

D. RUNES - What runes are a must for building up my nyos glacial priest?

Annnnddd yes I'm a Lycan T;Away
Post edited by BlissLullaby - Lionheart on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Okay 1st off did you have to use comic sans for the entire thing? >.<
    I'm working on my glacial priest and just need a quick recap on some stuff (many thanks to researching deltatroop info/comments on Glacials)

A. Nyos/Dyos - If I max out my dyos EVA and ACC, it will boost my EVA/ACC that I want, when I roll over to Nyos? (My dyo is at level 60 now, and my nyos is level 9)

If you're going evasion then you want to be Dyos so you can get the benefit from Nyos' Evasion, as Nyos' you can get Dyos' accuracy but that doesn't help your evasion.

B. Gearing - So far, as my gearing, IDs, and gemming.. I want to focus on Crit DMG and EVA, mainly EVA. Here is a screenshots of my 2/8 armor that I have right now.. (rest of the gear is in shards, but I will be swapping them out as I get better gear.)

If you're going to go evasion you need to go full evasion, every piece of gear, every ID you can get needs to be evasion, unless you're just going for PvE. You might get away with skipping some for PvE only.
    C. GEMS -
    Head: Blood, Rage, Gold, Shatter
    Chest: Blood, Rage, Mist, Crystal
    Shoulders: Blood, Rage, Shatter, "Need a suggestion"
    Hands: Blood, Rage, Shatter, "Need a suggestion"
    Waist: Blood, Rage, Mist, Crystal
    Legs: Blood, Rage, Mist, Crystal
    Feet: Blood, Rage, Mist, Twlight
    Weapon: Gold, Shatter, Blood, Rage

If you're doing PvP at all you need EEx4 I would take out the bloodstones from weapon hat and put Eagle eyes in and both of the suggestion ones.

I would also put a twilight in your chest, probably replace the bloodstone there too.

C. My talent build - Which I am focusing on CC/Mana drain, I need to know what talent points I could take out to put into winds of salvation? (any comments on my build is welcome, but I'm pretty comfortable of how it is.)

Build is okay, however you need to get flash freeze to 3/3 as its one of the most important talents for frost concentration. Take points out of siphon, biting cold, or devouring stream and rune them to max.

Mana drain is mostly ineffective everywhere but prolonged arena matches so I would focus more on evasion/cc/dps and less on draining.
    D. RUNES - What runes are a must for building up my nyos glacial priest?[/SIZE][/FONT]

Annnnddd yes I'm a Lycan T;Away

Frozen Blade, Devouring Stream, Brilliance, Arcane Coldness, Icy Core, Godly Might, Flash Freeze. Some of those are really rare but you should be able to get the 1st 3 for sure.

Biting Cold, Brilliance, Holy Power, Blooming Life all make good filler runes if you can find em with decent energy.

Also you listed C. twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
    edited August 2013
    natsss wrote: »
    take off conviction maybe ?

Ah yeah I didn't even think of that because its such an amazing talent for elves, but for human/lycan its kinda meh. So thats an easy 3 points you have to fill in Flash freeze and winds of salvation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    natsss wrote: »
    or maybe 1 points on ice bound confession

1 sec or 2sec snare dont change a lot i think

Actually 2s helps more then you might imagine. With the 2s ensnare you have enough time to fully cast a skill meaning you can keep it up till it wears off for an almost 12s ensnare if you time it right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Delocroix - LionheartDelocroix - Lionheart Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    IMO I think going eva as glacial is a waste. You get all that range and cc to stay away far from fights so that building dmg is more beneficial and you dont really get much skills to support eva build but thats just what I think.

Also a note that most glacials haven't notice yet ,but a friend of mine showed me, is that freezing light like at around 2 (maybe 1 point even havent tested) points always guarantees a 2 sec snare if they are slowed. So I would definitely consider investing some points in that. Test it out if you guys dont believe me its pretty awesome in pvp.
  • MorganaC - Storm LegionMorganaC - Storm Legion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    delta pretty much answered everything, but my advice for being eva glacial is don't forget you'll still need resistances. i use my eva as a survivability boost, but to be good must get all you can in eva ids. including outfits so they stack a little going to 8-20 depending on your luck (i never seen double eva ids on outfits tho, if there is the stacks can be even higher T;NosebleedingT;Sly).
    MorganaC - Storm Legion T;Away
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Small necro here. I just wanted to throw this out there:

Evasion- Nyos works and is incredibly annoying if you manage to get 90 rune energy. That is an 80% mana drain every 30/45 seconds off of Icebound Confession.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
    edited April 2014
    Small necro here. I just wanted to throw this out there:

Evasion- Nyos works and is incredibly annoying if you manage to get 90 rune energy. That is an 80% mana drain every 30/45 seconds off of Icebound Confession.

Close to 4 months, not sure I'd call that small. And 90 rune energy is pretty much unattainable atm. Also you definitely want to be dyos for eva, as you miss out on 30 eva as nyos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YggdrasiI - Storm LegionYggdrasiI - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Close to 4 months, not sure I'd call that small. And 90 rune energy is pretty much unattainable atm. Also you definitely want to be dyos for eva, as you miss out on 30 eva as nyos.

Right, but once you do get it, it doesn't really matter if you lose that 45 evasion. You'll render 1 person useless in a matter of seconds and a 2nd person in around 30 seconds after that. You drain mana faster than even a mana fountain can restore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[YOU- drah- sil]
    If you want to shorten my name, don't call me 'Ygg.' Call me 'Mana.'

Grandia: Unity ☆ Teamwork ☆ Friendship I]grandia-storm.com/[/I
    ~~~~~~~~~~{ Never get left behind again. }~~~~~~~~~~
  • KlKO - LionheartKlKO - Lionheart Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Right, but once you do get it, it doesn't really matter if you lose that 45 evasion. You'll render 1 person useless in a matter of seconds and a 2nd person in around 30 seconds after that. You drain mana faster than even a mana fountain can restore.

once u hit 60~70 energy even on dyos tree you render someone useless in less than 30secs even if they at mana fountain o.o
    not to mention Frost shield is broken
    so either way you are throwing away bonus eva + Frost shield talent for 1 icebound confession which is every 30~45 sec depending how u talent ur tree it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cureaustriacureaustria Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    june 2013 is long time ago, it would be interesting how you are doing with your "glacial on eva"

are you still playing, and how is going?
    -which opponents are easy to kill, which are more difficult and are there opponents you dont like to meet?

specialy this types,
    sins, can you survive peak crits?
    prots,warriors - can you dogde enough stuns without additional evasion from talenttree?
    healer- is overall damage output high enough with blue equip? (specialy shown weapon)

evasion players, you cant reduce evasion without rebell rune, you cant reduce enemys accuracy
    but you have an usefull selfheal and "accuracy bonus from talentree"
    how is going against evasion stuff?

waterbards, with higher accuracy or dual gear with accuracy,
    you have slow skills which leads to that waterbard can selfheal most of damage
    and can leech your mana in time (you cant avoid mana leech all time)
    how is going?

mages, they can transform you till wrath is off, some can debuff your evasion
    you dont have high resistance without arena gear - ice stuns get dangerous
    fire mage can kill you with 2-3 crits /anima crits
    how is going?

vamps, they make ridicoulus damage, can bound you - skillcast takes much too long
    you get interrupted, no possible reasonable selfheal
    how is going?

marksmen, aaaahh you sure know about MM :D
    they can simply delete your evasion for 2 weeks, have stuns like hell
    how is going?

would be interesting to get information from an activ "glacial on eva"
    we dont have such players
  • mrtony115mrtony115 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can someone post a current glacial talent tree build?
  • cureaustriacureaustria Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    use this with this runes,
    -Icy Core
    -Bitting cold
    -Arcane Coldness
    -Flash freeze
    -Frozen Blade
    -Blessed recovery
    -Brilliance

Optional
    -Aqua Bestowal