Crucible Fel Ore Alt Farmers

StrongShad - Lionheart
StrongShad - Lionheart Posts: 28 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Ok so as the title suggests, this is about crucible alt farmers using auto-clickers/more than 2 clients and camping multiple spots.

First of all, apologies to those farmers for attempting to ruin your farming/gold making method or whatever reason you may have.

The beef i have with what they do is their methods, like i mentioned above. And for all those who will tell me auto-clickers are disabled with arc, well there are ways to get around it (i may be banned for saying this but w/e).

Secondly, certain individuals use more than 4 toons at once almost 24/7 in crucible camping these ores. You may ask how i know. Well the naming of the toons and the alt guild created just to place all your alt toons. (Won't be mentioning names)

And lastly, the competition for the ores rely almost entirely on your ping. Since it represents how long your "click" takes to reach the server, and in effect, operate your character. So for those of us unfortunate (or fortunate) to be not able to reside in the US, where pings are under 100, we virtually have no chance. This is regardless of auto-clickers.

And now to my actual point that many will see coming.

Can we please get a petition to vote whether the ores will be bound or unbound on pick-up. It would mean all these alt-farmers will disappear. And more people will get chance to compete for them. Rather than buying them for 8-10g each when they get desperate.

Again, apologies to the ore farmers to trying to ruin your business, but I think many will agree, this is for the greater good.

This may sound like a butthurt person crying out since he can't win any.

And you would be right. But I'm not the only one. There are lots who do not live in US, and suffer terrible pings (like 500 is considered good).

Anyhow, I'll wrap up this wall of text by saying, please consider this with some thought, this may affect the majority of whatever server you may be from, this is not an attack on the staff or the playerbase.

Please try to keep the comments civil, thank you for reading.
Post edited by StrongShad - Lionheart on
«13456789

Comments

  • raulbhartia2
    raulbhartia2 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I completely agree... Crucible was more "Peacefull" when ores were bound.
    I live out side US too with a constant 700 ping which is on my good days so i get KSed on them even if they reach it with 1sec left. So i quit... dont even get 10 in a day for my character.
    But there no way around coz once the ores were made unbound and the kind of desparate ppl hooked onto farming n buying them they will never let it go easily.
    Just my thoughts not trying to flame or create forum drama.
  • BegForIt - Eyrda
    BegForIt - Eyrda Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like it because it promotes pvp. I want ores too and i dont even get 1 a day but i dont mind because crucible is no longer empty. Crucible was meant to be active and hectic, not peaceful.

    As for the OP, keep the ores unbound, they just need to make crucible a pvp zone even on pve servers
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sigh... don't you guys wish you didn't QQ so hard and it was left pvp? then this wouldn't happen :)

    EDIT:

    Why not, rather then make the ores bound again, just turn pvp back on? It would be 10x better :)
  • StrongShad - Lionheart
    StrongShad - Lionheart Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sharii69 wrote: »
    Sigh... don't you guys wish you didn't QQ so hard and it was left pvp? then this wouldn't happen :)

    EDIT:

    Why not, rather then make the ores bound again, just turn pvp back on? It would be 10x better :)

    Sorry i should've stressed that this is from a pve server pov, and pvp was never enabled for pve servers so can't "turn it back on". Sure if u're from pvp server, its strongest wins, and thats great.

    Half the people on lionheart really would love that. But unfortunately it has been explicitly said that pve will always be 100% pve. So making them bound seemed liked a good idea at the time.

    Apologies to the pvp servers since i did not think of how it would affect your markets/players.
  • darktds
    darktds Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Totally agree ores need to be bound.
  • LuciusOersted - Storm Legion
    LuciusOersted - Storm Legion Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes please do this. 100x yes

    Now this would be such a godsend!!! I finally won't suck at something for once! \o/
    LuciusOersted - Lv90 Squishy Divine Priest

    GregoryAileron - Lv90 Noob Water Bard


    Apparently I'm the god of K-pop... ._.
  • Nanali - Storm Legion
    Nanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dont believe ore should be bound. With my ping, I have almost no chance against someone from US. Having the ability to buy ore from AH is nice. Besides, ore is not the only way to level and get SP. Theres plenty of other ways, just not as fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i dont want it be pvp as i would be constantly killed by trigger happy noobs, make it bound and problem solved, but PWE never solves problems u ppl see the state of game topic dead and u didnt learn nothing when rollback came all is going down the drain.
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sorry i should've stressed that this is from a pve server pov, and pvp was never enabled for pve servers so can't "turn it back on". Sure if u're from pvp server, its strongest wins, and thats great.

    Half the people on lionheart really would love that. But unfortunately it has been explicitly said that pve will always be 100% pve. So making them bound seemed liked a good idea at the time.

    Apologies to the pvp servers since i did not think of how it would affect your markets/players.

    Lol I am on LH.

    I understand that pve is pve but crucible was meant to be released as pvp and there was a big debate in which the pvers on our server cried for it to be pve.. then made their own bed when people started to create mass alts with auto clickers and camped. Right now the main reason crucible is being farmed extremely hard is because of this lvl patch, I used to be in there with alts at one point but became way too time consuming and lost most of the time due to me being in Australia with higher ping. The only times I could win was when it was like 10pm + my time making it 5am server time.

    I honestly think that making crucible pvp will benefit most of the pvers and pvpers in our server. Making the ores bound again won't really help people in my situation mate because i'm Australian. I can't mine that stuff and win without staying up way too late. A lot of other people are in my situation as well. Ores unbound is great but the way to make this the most fair is to simply switch the pvp back on. We've seen them do it, we know they can. Remember when it first came out and our pvp across ALL pvp events was broken? Having to duel in FF to get 10 assist for wargod, then having a cap war with the other team when there was nothing you could do to stop them capping the flag? Then there was rift where it was pure cart off - numbers > all.
    Then we couldn't arena either, all we could do was enter it then just dance.

    So honestly, I myself and more pve focused now because of lvl patch, but pvp crucible will be a lot better then making the ores bound. It makes it for people like me who plays in Aussie sitting at 300 ping (which is good) impossible to get ores.

    So the petition should be to change it to pvp again so we can stop these lowbie alts from pure camping. Everyone would have lots of fun as well and crucible won't be dead.

    EDIT:

    Just making it clear I never used an auto clicker! (Beating people to the chase seeing as you have to be absolutely specific otherwise they try to get you banned)
    Also, try spam trading, drag it down to your skill bar or pull a mob on top of the mine with your pet. It makes the auto clickers so mad.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well I do like the idea of ore being bound, even if it s not perfect I think it's way better than what we have now on pve servers..

    People using alts for that is not an issue in itself, the thing I hate tho is to see a lot of them using autoclicker, and there is no way to prove that..

    About putting the zone in PvP mode, I would say why not because I have a decent toon, and I guess I could get some by killing others but the thing is that, what about the PvE toons, built 100% PvE, on a PvE server it can be totally normal, which wouldn t stand a chance against a lower geared, but pvp geared toon?

    And that way only what, maybe 30/40 players on server would get a chance at those ore.
    Again I wouldn't mind if I was speaking for myself only, however I think the best thing would be indeed to make those bound, which would limit the ppl farming to sell:
    Because farming on alt account with autoclicker allow them to
    - keep playing on main meanwhile
    - use 3rd party program (autoclick) without risk to get their main banned
    - keep doing it even if they don t need for money purpose

    So if we make those bound it would at least solve some problems, even if not all :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

    - Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Redsaphiremoon - Storm Legion
    Redsaphiremoon - Storm Legion Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I Have A Question .... When Is Lionheart Server Going To Stop Being Such Whiners And Buck Up ????? They Need To Stop Trying To Dictate How The Game Is... It Just Fricking Getting Old And Im Tired Of Gms Comming To Their Rescue On Every Little Complaint .... Just Stop The Whining And Grow Up .... You Will Get Your Ores When It Is Your Time... Sorry Just Saying
  • waskiu1
    waskiu1 Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree with this idea in 100%, make crucible ore bound once again.

    Saw many times 3 or even more toons, which belongs to one preson, logged at same time camping different ores 24/7 and wining them over and over. It has to be done something with it.
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I Have A Question .... When Is Lionheart Server Going To Stop Being Such Whiners And Buck Up ????? They Need To Stop Trying To Dictate How The Game Is... It Just Fricking Getting Old And Im Tired Of Gms Comming To Their Rescue On Every Little Complaint .... Just Stop The Whining And Grow Up .... You Will Get Your Ores When It Is Your Time... Sorry Just Saying

    Seriously, its not just lionheart members whinging. It's ALL pve servers. Go troll elsewhere and stop hating for no reason.
    Well I do like the idea of ore being bound, even if it s not perfect I think it's way better than what we have now on pve servers..

    People using alts for that is not an issue in itself, the thing I hate tho is to see a lot of them using autoclicker, and there is no way to prove that..

    About putting the zone in PvP mode, I would say why not because I have a decent toon, and I guess I could get some by killing others but the thing is that, what about the PvE toons, built 100% PvE, on a PvE server it can be totally normal, which wouldn t stand a chance against a lower geared, but pvp geared toon?

    And that way only what, maybe 30/40 players on server would get a chance at those ore.
    Again I wouldn't mind if I was speaking for myself only, however I think the best thing would be indeed to make those bound, which would limit the ppl farming to sell:
    Because farming on alt account with autoclicker allow them to
    - keep playing on main meanwhile
    - use 3rd party program (autoclick) without risk to get their main banned
    - keep doing it even if they don t need for money purpose

    So if we make those bound it would at least solve some problems, even if not all :)

    Sigh..

    Making these crucible ores bound won't even solve the problem at all. People will just come back on their mains and then what? Making ores bound screws over the rest of the population that aren't in the US literally can't win the ores against people with 50ping and an auto clicker. This isn't a solution to our problem and will merely **** off more people who only get their ores via buying.

    The easiest solution is to make it pvp. PVE toons still hit hard. PVP built toons won't be in there 24/7 as they do have lives. PVE people raged to have this implemented as PVE only. Now they get on here to complain about auto clickers and alts. They wanted this they got it. The only FAIR way for EVERYONE to benefit and have a chance at ores is to KEEP them UNBOUND and turn crucible pvp. Yes there are people who are pve but this will force them to only better themselves as a toon rather then bot their way through the game. Most of the pure pvers in our server have no clue of their toons potential in skill wise and just bot bot bot. Making crucible pvp forces them to better themselves and instead of stacking pure mastery pve dps they will actually get tankier themselves.

    Honestly the only reason people don't want it pvp is because they are scared they won't ever get stuff done eg; seals petals. But realistically, people won't spend 24/7 in there and you can always call your guild to come kill them. Most people do their seal/petal with seal bonus as is so you kill 1 of their members they just kill you? Not very smart imo.
  • StrongShad - Lionheart
    StrongShad - Lionheart Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I Have A Question .... When Is Lionheart Server Going To Stop Being Such Whiners And Buck Up ????? They Need To Stop Trying To Dictate How The Game Is... It Just Fricking Getting Old And Im Tired Of Gms Comming To Their Rescue On Every Little Complaint .... Just Stop The Whining And Grow Up .... You Will Get Your Ores When It Is Your Time... Sorry Just Saying

    Thank you for your very helpful input good sir.

    Just to clarify, I am not trying to dictate how the game should be ran, nor do I represent the server I play on. I am just one individual out of hundreds. Lionheart is not the only pve server and it certainly is not the only server affected.

    This post is intended on finding out whether there are several other players who see this as an issue that needs to be addressed. Whether the GMs see is as an issue is another story.

    Hopefully if enough concerned players speak up, this will cause the someone to take action. (Altho chances are very low, since the FA venders plea was only partially addressed and that was a much larger thread with many more players)
  • Tayrra - Illyfue
    Tayrra - Illyfue Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even with them bound , ppl will still camp them. I was thinking maybe they shouldnt be telling how much time is left upon collecting, have a spawn and despawn like mining ores do.Bound or unbound, i do not care, but if they wouldnt know and wouldnt be able to set a clock alarm and go spam them , it would icrease the chance for other ppl to get them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StrongShad - Lionheart
    StrongShad - Lionheart Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sharii69 wrote: »
    Seriously, its not just lionheart members whinging. It's ALL pve servers. Go troll elsewhere and stop hating for no reason.



    Sigh..

    Making these crucible ores bound won't even solve the problem at all. People will just come back on their mains and then what? Making ores bound screws over the rest of the population that aren't in the US literally can't win the ores against people with 50ping and an auto clicker. This isn't a solution to our problem and will merely **** off more people who only get their ores via buying.

    The easiest solution is to make it pvp. PVE toons still hit hard. PVP built toons won't be in there 24/7 as they do have lives. PVE people raged to have this implemented as PVE only. Now they get on here to complain about auto clickers and alts. They wanted this they got it. The only FAIR way for EVERYONE to benefit and have a chance at ores is to KEEP them UNBOUND and turn crucible pvp. Yes there are people who are pve but this will force them to only better themselves as a toon rather then bot their way through the game. Most of the pure pvers in our server have no clue of their toons potential in skill wise and just bot bot bot. Making crucible pvp forces them to better themselves and instead of stacking pure mastery pve dps they will actually get tankier themselves.

    Honestly the only reason people don't want it pvp is because they are scared they won't ever get stuff done eg; seals petals. But realistically, people won't spend 24/7 in there and you can always call your guild to come kill them. Most people do their seal/petal with seal bonus as is so you kill 1 of their members they just kill you? Not very smart imo.

    You have pointed out some significant cons towards making the ores bound. As noted from a few earlier posts, there are people who are happy to buy ores for various reasons.

    Therefore making it pvp would seem like a good solution. And another very good point you've made, not all the big pvp toons are gunna be there, some might not even bother and continue to buy ores.

    And honestly, I had no clue there was a big rage about making crucible pve on pve servers.
    When I first heard about crucible, I was very excited about having a controlled pvp map on a pve server. I went in there as soon as I could and attacked the 1st toon I saw. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

    I should point out that I am not a pvp build, I like dps and therefore I am largely pve build. So even tho I may not have a chance against big pvpers (while they are there, they're humans, not gunna be there 24/7), it would still be very enjoyable to slug it out and have a chance for a material prize at the end of your victory.
  • DoomRaven - Storm Legion
    DoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    These threads are pointless, if you want to compete on pve servers quit your job or school and stay here 24/7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • flowerchild#7189
    flowerchild#7189 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fel Ores need to be bound with daily limit to stop auto clicking farmers and trust me they would stop. As I said before I am not going to spend real money on an item that is FREE in the game. Nor do I care to PVP that is why I play on a PVE server. Everyone should be able to go into Crucible and gather Ores just like they gather Petals and do seals. The only reason we are having this debate is because the auto click farmers will lose their cash flow.
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    At the end of the day we have tried the whole pve thing. We tried the bound ores.
    People still complained.
    People still camped on alts.

    Even if they added a daily cap on the amount of ores, only 24 people can max out on ores daily. So it wouldn't matter anyway.

    @Strong ~ Yeah I was rather disappointed they decided to go for pve in crucible. But when it first came out it was first announced as a PVP map and all your hardcore pvers came on and demanded it be pve on pve server. Since that happened, we have had over 20 complaint threads easily with this very same complaint. I just don't get why some people seem to be so dead against turning it pvp..
  • pvpnoobie
    pvpnoobie Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i Have A Question .... When Is Lionheart Server Going To Stop Being Such Whiners And Buck Up ????? They Need To Stop Trying To Dictate How The Game Is... It Just Fricking Getting Old And Im Tired Of Gms Comming To Their Rescue On Every Little Complaint .... Just Stop The Whining And Grow Up .... You Will Get Your Ores When It Is Your Time... Sorry Just Saying

    Hey Dude You Better Be NICE, We Are The Carebear Server And We Are Allowed To QQ About Everything Cause That's What We Do Ok.

    You Guys Got To Exploit Along With Other Servers the gem reforging along with unlimited soul gold to make your anima close to max so Let Us Qq In Peace.

    All joke aside people should respect when others have been sitting on an ore for over 10 min and they come and steal it....the OP has been noted to do run in last minute and it's just not fair for some of us.

    Here is how the crucible would look like in lionheart when the ores are bound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjMkmk3ufn4
    <!DOCTYPE html>

    anonymous west lionheart player

    Mini Mart



  • Endless_XI - Storm Legion
    Endless_XI - Storm Legion Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    what if they put a timer on the ores, we already have lionheart scrolls with timers so we know its possible, put a timer on it if binding it's just making people QQ "we tried binding it didn't work"... But I'm sure we all realize this or any other solution wont actually happen because PWE/PWCN is extremely slow at fixing an issue that doesn't effect their wallet.
  • Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pvpnoobie wrote: »

    All joke aside people should respect when others have been sitting on an ore for over 10 min and they come and steal it....the OP has been noted to do run in last minute and it's just not fair for some of us.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you so funny, I had ores stolen from me, and countless other people had them stolen by YOU when I/they were camping the ore well before you got there... back when they were bound.

    You should get out of the "tiny innocent" business and into comedy.
  • nihooya
    nihooya Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    For addmins saying that arc block autoclickers force run asa an admin and then bypassed arc buy something that is in system so its not longer a exploit and u can freely use 3rd party software, this is PWE and their rules.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sharii69 wrote: »

    Sigh..

    Making these crucible ores bound won't even solve the problem at all. People will just come back on their mains and then what?

    Not really, you will get less people for 2 reasons:
    - ppl scared of being banned on their main while using auto clicker : 3rd party program is bannable.
    - ppl fighting for top spots doing other stuff meanwhile (AI, instance, whatever) because they won't stop to enter instance just to go farm them unless they are not doing anything else during the day and most people work.

    Not saying it's gonna fix everything but this at least will help a bit:
    - less people
    - less autoclicker
    => more chances for everyone else :)
    sharii69 wrote: »
    Making ores bound screws over the rest of the population that aren't in the US literally can't win the ores against people with 50ping and an auto clicker. This isn't a solution to our problem and will merely **** off more people who only get their ores via buying.

    It only screws up autoclicker I don t get your point here.
    You're saying autoclicker with 50 ms ping get it all time, so who would get screwed? only the autoclicker not you? I don't get your point here since anyway it's almost always the autoclicker who get it, hence there is no 'rest of the population' or only a very small part.
    sharii69 wrote: »
    The easiest solution is to make it pvp. PVE toons still hit hard. PVP built toons won't be in there 24/7 as they do have lives. PVE people raged to have this implemented as PVE only. Now they get on here to complain about auto clickers and alts. They wanted this they got it.

    You re saying PVE toons still hit hard, but you get the difference between pvp and pve right?
    You know stats like dodge, resistances, crit def, eva, accu.. anything pvp related.
    A PvE toon will always be at a disadvantages vs a PvP toon (for similar gears/lvl/masteries ofc) so your point about PvE toons still hit hard is pretty bad.

    PvE people raged for that? sorry but last time I checked, many PvE players as you said, wanted to WB zone PvP enabled, same goes for crucible.
    Of course you will always find others wishing for the opposite, but just listening to one side and using it as argument is pretty bad as well.
    sharii69 wrote: »
    The only FAIR way for EVERYONE to benefit and have a chance at ores is to KEEP them UNBOUND and turn crucible pvp. Yes there are people who are pve but this will force them to only better themselves as a toon rather then bot their way through the game. Most of the pure pvers in our server have no clue of their toons potential in skill wise and just bot bot bot. Making crucible pvp forces them to better themselves and instead of stacking pure mastery pve dps they will actually get tankier themselves.

    Not fair at all, only 30/40 players or so per server will have access to those, how is it even remotely fair?
    I wouldn't mind personnaly, I m PvP built, and decent in PvP, so I would manage to get some, but I don't see how it can be even called fair at all even if I would get some benefits from it.

    To you fair is free for the strongests on the server?
    sharii69 wrote: »
    Honestly the only reason people don't want it pvp is because they are scared they won't ever get stuff done eg; seals petals. But realistically, people won't spend 24/7 in there and you can always call your guild to come kill them. Most people do their seal/petal with seal bonus as is so you kill 1 of their members they just kill you? Not very smart imo.

    That reason is indeed another one scaring people, but as I said, it's far from being the only reason.
    Restricting those items only to the OP players of a server is in no way "fair".

    And again as I said, before you start "sighing" again, making those unbound is not perfect, but it would still be better than the other solutions :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

    - Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • gamerfw1
    gamerfw1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I dont believe ore should be bound. With my ping, I have almost no chance against someone from US. Having the ability to buy ore from AH is nice. Besides, ore is not the only way to level and get SP. Theres plenty of other ways, just not as fast.

    thats maybe cause most of ur guild know those programs or sleeping in cruicible 24/7? the ability u talking about is an income for some of ur guild members thats why u saying that but noone wanna pay 10g to autoclickers and buy ores from em so no thank you.

    and yeah i agree ores should be bound or GMS should find another solution cause servers are having hard time with those autoclickers. Even if u wait an hr on an ore they suddenly appear from nowhere and taking the ore like so normal even u **** the click button then go on another one and those are like an alt army. there had been a few posts about this but somehow they got removed without a reason and no answer from admins. so yeah i hope this time this thread will last longer than old ones and we will have an answer from staff.
    Thank You.
  • sharii69
    sharii69 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not really, you will get less people for 2 reasons:
    - ppl scared of being banned on their main while using auto clicker : 3rd party program is bannable.
    - ppl fighting for top spots doing other stuff meanwhile (AI, instance, whatever) because they won't stop to enter instance just to go farm them unless they are not doing anything else during the day and most people work.

    Not saying it's gonna fix everything but this at least will help a bit:
    - less people
    - less autoclicker
    => more chances for everyone else :)



    It only screws up autoclicker I don t get your point here.
    You're saying autoclicker with 50 ms ping get it all time, so who would get screwed? only the autoclicker not you? I don't get your point here since anyway it's almost always the autoclicker who get it, hence there is no 'rest of the population' or only a very small part.



    You re saying PVE toons still hit hard, but you get the difference between pvp and pve right?
    You know stats like dodge, resistances, crit def, eva, accu.. anything pvp related.
    A PvE toon will always be at a disadvantages vs a PvP toon (for similar gears/lvl/masteries ofc) so your point about PvE toons still hit hard is pretty bad.

    PvE people raged for that? sorry but last time I checked, many PvE players as you said, wanted to WB zone PvP enabled, same goes for crucible.
    Of course you will always find others wishing for the opposite, but just listening to one side and using it as argument is pretty bad as well.



    Not fair at all, only 30/40 players or so per server will have access to those, how is it even remotely fair?
    I wouldn't mind personnaly, I m PvP built, and decent in PvP, so I would manage to get some, but I don't see how it can be even called fair at all even if I would get some benefits from it.

    To you fair is free for the strongests on the server?



    That reason is indeed another one scaring people, but as I said, it's far from being the only reason.
    Restricting those items only to the OP players of a server is in no way "fair".

    And again as I said, before you start "sighing" again, making those unbound is not perfect, but it would still be better than the other solutions :)




    Ok and making them bound only benefits people that have time to farm and have a good ping rate. What's your point? The ONLY way I can fight for ore is by allowing PVP in there, as the same the OP himself who sits on an average of 500ping?

    Ores are limited so 24 people out of a whole server a day can max out 10 ores a day. So making these ores bound gives people like me and a good portion of our server a zero chance at actually getting ores as it is now. Come back with a better solution then making ores bound which won't stop the complaining (we already had this before patch). Yes it was always intended to be pvp but was changed to pve because a lot of people had a cry when it was first released. Do you not remember the broken pvp across pve servers for weeks? The duelling in wargod event and killing yourself at an enemy tower to get 10 assists? The dancing in mid arena because you couldn't attack the enemy? This was because they messed up the coding and switched off pvp in ALL areas instead of just crucible..

    I sigh because this thread has been 20+ times already and nothing has come of it. Same story same ending. So why not turn pvp on? It works for the pvp servers. Yes i'm aware that pve and pvp is different, I focus on both to learn the full potential of my toon rather then bot bot bot like the majority of our server...

    EDIT:

    Before the patch we could also hand in unlimited ores a day. They did what the people asked and put on a cap on it. Now they are complaining again. Maybe its time to turn on pvp and play crucible like it was intended to be..
  • Cheerful - Eyrda
    Cheerful - Eyrda Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Some of you are too scared of the pvp option without the actual experience of a pvp crucible to back it up.

    If your crucible was pvp..... You won't suddenly be slaughtered every time you go into crucible. The op people don't just camp there. 90% of the day, crucible is quiet on Eyrda. There will be a few small skirmishes over ores, but they aren't very much. People even choose NOT to fight over ores sometimes, out of respect for others (due to ally, friend, or just don't want to fight).

    The only times there is a lot of pvp in crucible: When two enemy guilds are fighting each other, usually over seals quests. When guildies call for backup after being killed, and it turns into a guild affair (rarer, but this happens).

    We have huge pvp in crucible maybe only once every 2-3 days. The guilds with intense enemies usually do their seals bonus under night protection to avoid getting killed.

    You also need to remember that a pve server doesn't exactly have the concept of KOS since you aren't pvp, and KOS is the sole reason why almost all crucible pvp occurs. I doubt that you'd even get many of the big pvp happenings on Lionheart/Storm because of that, although I'm sure you'll have a few people/guilds who act upon intense dislikes of certain guilds/players. It still wouldn't be the same as a pvp server, however, since we have some deeply rooted animosity between certain guilds focused around pvp.

    My point is... It wouldn't be as bad as most people believe it would be. The first 2-4 weeks would be most active due to novelty more than anything. After that point, any high pvp activity would eventually settle down into a more predictable pattern.



    Also about gear disparity: Yes, if your crucible is pvp, ores will be focused more by geared players (geared players meaning decently geared, not just the super op ones). However, most lowbies are ignored for seal quests and petal quests unless there are poo heads in crucible or guild fights in crucible (where the lowbie gets killed by stray fire). But I am confused as to why geared players getting ores is bad? Ores aren't meant to be your main source of exp/sp. They're meant to be a supplement to your daily routine. Lowbies and less developed characters are able to level up their sp talents much faster due to their lower requirements based on level. These people can get plenty of sp/exp just through their normal daily routine. Geared players are normally those who have been around forever and are trying to finish those insanely expensive new sp talents... in other words, they NEED the supplement from crucible ores. If your immediate thought is something like, "Well the geared players are already op - they don't need anything else." then your thought process is one based upon jealousy instead of logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lohym - Illyfue
    Lohym - Illyfue Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree with ores being bound, however... this topic has been on the table for months and nothing was done, nothing will be done. It's pointless to request stuff it doesnt happen.
    Cute, shy, poor Frost Mage Lolo Lv80
  • Nyos - Nyos
    Nyos - Nyos Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Dont you guy have abilitie to gank up against that person who abuse thouse ore stuff? I am sure it is possible to know whos alt is this and that. How about not let that person join your guild, dont buy the item they sell, dont sell good stuff to them chep?


    Only from illufye server i hear people selling Twin gear for 15D for a guild MATE? Really that was guild price =,=. You could have always gank up against such people in other area, but naah you guys have to join up thouse people and then find yourself helping them do whatever thign that do even more. Make them not get rift teritory. Rift cant be won with 5 people lvl 3-4 winged group, even if they can win you, you can always make them not get many teritory.

    The only thing that GM should do is probably to ban 3party program user if there is such thing a autoclick, i have no idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]