Player Vote: The Future of Cross Server and Server Times

Comments

• Bhyl - Lionheart
    Bhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I do wargod on storm and I have a hard time getting my assists in 2 games before reset. Will after the 3 hours closed xserver will be open again for 3 more hours of wargod? for all servers? Storm has the most players from my understanding of all servers and these options aren't helpful for the east coast servers or lionheart.

Sorry for the large text, it needs to be visible *beaten tigey*

Croxe said events windows will be extended if need be, don't pick the option just because of wargod, you will have more time
  • tonie268
    tonie268 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    set all server to one world time like zozo time then there is no prime time it all real time world wide admin on west coast no east coast no central just all world time !!!!!!
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    Aeonnix - Storm Legion Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    viiix wrote: »
    It's no longer possible to glitch, that's the whole point of this time change. All servers are now the same time as xserv.

Only thing I can imagine is if server time gets way out of sync again. Storm and xserv were 10 minutes apart at one point, so exploiters can still get in a few hops--or at least hop to xserv and stay there for (presumably? I don't actually know what happens if you stay) effectively two resets a day.

Technically, Lionheart could also have that same situation apply to them.
    Light Bards: Half the calories of regular bards.
  • Taydon - Storm Legion
    Taydon - Storm Legion Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    viiix wrote: »
    No, option 1 means that xserv is closed for everyone 21-2400 PST (LH time), no matter the server.

Ok....9pm west = 12am east.....ummm...
  • isadoradiondra
    isadoradiondra Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Option 1
  • tonie268
    tonie268 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    my vote is to this pve is PVE not pve vs pvp so close the x server all together !!! pve stays pve !! thank you for letting me have a voice !!!
  • Nerfdis - Eyrda
    Nerfdis - Eyrda Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Enough votes to carry through but I will not be voting.

The fundamental issue here is xp gains from 80-90. Since this "fix" which really "fixes" nothing except to further kill x-server and a few events during certain times, does not "fix" our leveling rates it really is quite useless.

Way to miss the point entirely. We want bonus xp back. Make a poll about it and see what the answer is. Play the game like a normal player instead of in GM mode and realize what it is we actually want.

This is so tiring. I really feel like quitting.
  • rh07071937
    rh07071937 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hey people you forgot this is a free game... and it was not suppose to cost us anything to play this game so my vote is just do away with x server, pve stay pve , pvp stay pvp , real time means one worl clock !!!!!! thank you
  • Nerfdis - Eyrda
    Nerfdis - Eyrda Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Due to the large gap between cash shoppers and "most" non-cash shoppers PvP died on Eyrda about 2 patches ago. So yeah cept for the big boys everyone else is now PvE anyway.
  • _Pixy_ - Lionheart
    _Pixy_ - Lionheart Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Of all fixes this is the only three options that were conceived!? Seriously!? I will vote for option 1 yet I feel like these are just crappy options to have to choose from. As if hmm will you vote to kill your mom, or vote to kill your dad, or your best friend. None of these are the answer. I say fix the issue instead of giving us options that impact the serrver player base. Just fix it. nuf said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • junglist101
    junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    INB4 PWE takes 3 months to implement the players choice
  • wolfenstorm
    wolfenstorm Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I voted for option number one.

And while we're at it, bring back the fusion agents at the NPC.

Thank you.
  • Yikarus - Storm Legion
    Yikarus - Storm Legion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Option 3
  • rodanne
    rodanne Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    option 1
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tonie268 wrote: »
    my vote is to this pve is PVE not pve vs pvp so close the x server all together !!! pve stays pve !! thank you for letting me have a voice !!!

So just because you don't like PvE, the PvP servers shouldn't get to have cross server? :rolleyes:
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • Keyne - Lionheart
    Keyne - Lionheart Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All these options suck. js
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • calmingwhisper
    calmingwhisper Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    People should have been asked about these options BEFORE any changes were made. Show some respect to your players and they will respond with loyalty. They are mostly working adults who bring money in this game so be sure set up professional relationships with your playerbase, don't muck us around. I never cared how much exp other people on other servers get as long as I can come in from work and enjoy well planned evening around family responsibilities and in-game events.

Thank you,
    Evrose
    Lionheart
  • __Juggernaut__ - Eyrda
    __Juggernaut__ - Eyrda Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I vote option one, with the 1 hour late spawn on EB bosses I could never attend due to work, most likely id quit.
  • zackarywalters
    zackarywalters Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I vote option one, with the 1 hour late spawn on EB bosses I could never attend due to work, most likely id quit.

option one we use east cost servers for a reason if we wanted a CT server we would have said something by now
  • Ganymade - Dyos
    Ganymade - Dyos Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Option 4

Lucky exploiters, they got away with it and caused the other servers to suffer bravo, this is so encouraging, next glitch please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Divine Priest
    WARNING
    Lionheart
  • KlKO - Lionheart
    KlKO - Lionheart Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    if we gonan keep this central time ****
    might aswell merge all NA servers
    1~5 PVP
    6~10 PVE
    yeah yeah :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TomHardy - Lionheart
    TomHardy - Lionheart Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    why can't we have a option where x-server will follow east coast timing so that they cannot have the exploit.

And the rest of us can have back our original timing.

As for wargod event for Lionheart, I believe if u take the quest from the npc before the new day start in x-server, we still can complete the reward after 2 FF.
  • KlKO - Lionheart
    edited June 2014
    why can't we have a option where x-server will follow east coast timing so that they cannot have the exploit.

And the rest of us can have back our original timing.

As for wargod event for Lionheart, I believe if u take the quest from the npc before the new day start in x-server, we still can complete the reward after 2 FF.
    thats pretty much option 2 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serenity234876
    serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    thats pretty much option 2 lol

no that is different to option to that allows the glitch still there but it is then abuseable for lionheart

option 2 is eryda/storm stay at there new server time but lionheart goes back to its orginal time and xserver is closed for 2 hrs daily. same as option 1 but xserver is closed for 1 hr less , which is not fair to any storm or eryda people.

we all picked a specific server for a reason. either for the reason it suits our time zones or because we wanted only pve or pvp . changing either of these at this point of time destroys the reason people choose a specific server and goes back on all pwe have stated in past about changing a pve server to pvp etc
  • KlKO - Lionheart
    edited June 2014
    no that is different to option to that allows the glitch still there but it is then abuseable for lionheart

option 2 is eryda/storm stay at there new server time but lionheart goes back to its orginal time and xserver is closed for 2 hrs daily. same as option 1 but xserver is closed for 1 hr less , which is not fair to any storm or eryda people.

we all picked a specific server for a reason. either for the reason it suits our time zones or because we wanted only pve or pvp . changing either of these at this point of time destroys the reason people choose a specific server and goes back on all pwe have stated in past about changing a pve server to pvp etc

well idc about the glitch o/
    let the scrubs abuse it and tempt croxe for a ban :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fman_Dante - Illyfue
    Fman_Dante - Illyfue Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »
    The server times being shifted is not ideal and we see this as a stop gap to hinder the exploitation of daily resets. We would like to get them back to normal in early July as these require heavy developer support.

In order to do that there are other sacrifices that must be made to both close the cross server exploits and satisfy the most people. You the players are going to decide the final solution that works best for the majority of you and we will get that solution implemented. For those that asked if we could just closed down the cross server and return to how things were before, that is not an option as cross server is now fundamentally integrated in Forsaken World's core design and we would never get support for that.

This poll will close tomorrow at 7pm PT. You final decision will be put into a request and sent to the developers for implementation so please spread the word about this poll.

Option 1: We move home servers back to their original time. Cross Server is closed from 00:00-03:00 ET and 21:00-24:00 PT. This will primarily impact Lionheart as you will be unable to access cross server in your prime-time.

Option 2: Storm and Eyrda would be moved to Central Time. Lionheart Would be moved back to PT. Cross server would be closed from 22:00-24:00PT on Lionheart. This impacts both East and West servers. East servers would have events and spawns trigger 1 hour later than normal. Lionheart would be locked out of cross PvP in the later portion of their prime-time.

Option 3: We keep all servers on Central Time. Cross server PvP is open at all times. Events and spawns on East Servers occur 1 hour later. Events and spawns on Lionheart occur 2 hours earlier.

I vote for Option 3
  • prezuvka
    prezuvka Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like to thank croxe, that he did listen to valid arguments and put up this vote, I hope it will make to final remake.

As with you said that the Wargod will be for them adjusted (while this doesnt affect me much, since I am not one of those server) I think the best option for everyone is the first one. I think people been just mad about Xserver thats why they wanted to remove it, but at the end of the day they would miss it.
  • ysar
    ysar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Option 3.
    Don't forget to check if the voting is going fair by IP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWE pingpongteam
    Currently went pro
  • Ganymade - Dyos
    Ganymade - Dyos Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    the logical choice is ofcourse option 1

3 hours reduced from PvP time wont be felt,
    Everyone is busy doing PvE stuff to level up anyways

the decision had been made long before the poll

they just offered us the "priviledge" of choosing it

So incase QQers decided to do their thing, theyll just say "majority decision"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Divine Priest
    WARNING
    Lionheart
  • _Nena - Eyrda
    _Nena - Eyrda Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    1....Only option that works well with my schedule :)
This discussion has been closed.