Player Vote: The Future of Cross Server and Server Times

Comments

• damnthedark
    damnthedark Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    everytime we turn around, the players get screwed one way or the other. I quit this game back when you (FW) let a **** up go over the weekend to come back Monday and say Oh!!! Reset!, so here again I see that you (FW) have finally realized the glitch that a ton of ppl have taken advantage of, probably more or less cuz we always get screwed, and now want to fix it; while in the process one server, or the other, etc is gonna get bent over one way or the other. why not put it back? how long was that around? and you're NOW wanting to fix it??? really?

This isn't the place for b*ing - there are plenty of other forums made for this purpose....
    <Forever with SharaElyse> 3/18/06 - ∞
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Option #1 is the best for me...

I don't think losing a couple hours of WG is necessarily a bad thing? Maybe we'll just have more people trying to get it done at the same time and faster ques. :)

Some people like to do wg on their alts as well. And not everyone can get the required # of kills in 2 runs.
  • poontag
    poontag Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How about last Wargod match in at 11:10pm est until reset.

It should last till about 11:50pm est. Give or take.

11:58pm est Auto kick EVERYONE off the server, since you can't get into xserver passed 11:50pm est.

11:10 - 12:00 only events would be open is 3v3 and 6v6.

Don't think ppl will complain about the auto kick too much but this might be the easiest thing to do.

X-server reopens 12:10am and you still got 3 hrs to do wargod.

No glitch, no whinning, no crying.
  • lilpcat
    lilpcat Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    50% of voters are alts :(
  • sayuringo
    sayuringo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just want to say thank you. Thank you for this poll, thank you for listening to us at least a little. Was this really too much to ask?
  • lbgongzhu
    lbgongzhu Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lilpcat wrote: »

90% of the toons you see are alts and if people can't be bothered to come to the forum to vote on something this important they can't QQ about the results
  • friendlyman
    friendlyman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    poontag wrote: »
    How about last Wargod match in at 11:10pm est until reset.

It should last till about 11:50pm est. Give or take.

11:58pm est Auto kick EVERYONE off the server, since you can't get into xserver passed 11:50pm est.

11:10 - 12:00 only events would be open is 3v3 and 6v6.

Don't think ppl will complain about the auto kick too much but this might be the easiest thing to do.

X-server reopens 12:10am and you still got 3 hrs to do wargod.

No glitch, no whinning, no crying.

The whole issue is with cross server being open during the hours of 0000 to 0300 EST which is why they are proposing to close cross-server during those hours. Adjusting the times of WarGod would be the best solution. WarGod is supposed to be from 1800-2400 x server time. so why not move wargod to (1500-2100 pst, 1600-2000 mst, 1700-2300cst, 1800-2400 est) x server time close. Then everyone gets wargod in on Sundays and has the same amount of time to do it in.
  • damnthedark
    edited June 2014

Unless they changed thier IP, then no they are not. My wife and I have one IP address and we only got one vote. and that is one vote total not per account.
  • starzskiy
    starzskiy Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Time to make the 2nd option the most voted one
    lol
  • starzskiy
    starzskiy Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Unless they changed thier IP, then no they are not. My wife and I have one IP address and we only got one vote. and that is one vote total not per account.

This is not true, i have voted on 3 accounts so far!
  • damnthedark
    edited June 2014
    starzskiy wrote: »
    This is not true, i have voted on 3 accounts so far!

I would like to know how then, because like I said, once she voted, it said I already did on my account.
  • jacob94905
    jacob94905 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Please for option one that will help and Untill im lvl 90 WG doesnt mean **** to me i can get my WG points by doing runs
  • cand33can3
    cand33can3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This isn't the place for b*ing - there are plenty of other forums made for this purpose....

that's no bs'ing, stating what others like myself think about this, past updates, entire game at times. and then it gets hidden so all the little ppl don't see it and begin to wonder the same thing. lmao I couldn't care less about x-server. do what you want fw, u guys like to po your players anyways.
  • InfectedAs - Eyrda
    InfectedAs - Eyrda Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice job guys changing the server time in Eydra east back an hour, that makes no sense having zodiac's spawning on eastern USA at 11:30 pm. people have jobs at normal times I might add. Unless your going to change the boss spawn times earlier you screwed so many people this week, and possibly more weeks to come. I like to say thank you for the idiotic move you did, without even asking the population their opinion. T;Angry
  • deydraeda
    deydraeda Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I vote option 2.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why is there no option which puts EST servers back on EST time? I dont want to be on after midnight for rift rewards or till 2:30 AM for 1st GT window.

Why can't you just adjust X-server so it does not evaluate reset processing. Don't let it do anything which adjusts your in-game time or weekly/nightly resets. However you were when you entered, is how you are when you leave. X-server doesnt need this information.
  • damnthedark
    edited June 2014
    Why is there no option which puts EST servers back on EST time? I dont want to be on after midnight for rift rewards or till 2:30 AM for 1st GT window.

That's option one.
  • laphantonela
    laphantonela Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I do wargod on storm and I have a hard time getting my assists in 2 games before reset. Will after the 3 hours closed xserver will be open again for 3 more hours of wargod? for all servers? Storm has the most players from my understanding of all servers and these options aren't helpful for the east coast servers or lionheart.
  • antiopeasaphire
    antiopeasaphire Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i like to go for option 1
  • Kzar - Storm Legion
    Kzar - Storm Legion Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The loss of wargod shouldn't be a problem. Unless we had wargod points from other stuff removed. Should even out I would think. So I say the first choice is the best one.
  • tornathien
    tornathien Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok since this was meant to stop exploiting, and you have stated you have started banning people,like a week ago, and all of the top tier players are still logging in with no problem.. does that mean you will not be banning anyone? and if not i guess we all should glitch till its truly fixed? Being 7 levels behind the top tier is **** and unfair. grind all day and bot all night to get 2 maybe 3 bars of exp if i am lucky. We all would like a answer if we can go ahead and glitch now that all 3 servers can take advantage of it.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tornathien wrote: »
    Ok since this was meant to stop exploiting, and you have stated you have started banning people,like a week ago, and all of the top tier players are still logging in with no problem.. does that mean you will not be banning anyone? and if not i guess we all should glitch till its truly fixed? Being 7 levels behind the top tier is **** and unfair. grind all day and bot all night to get 2 maybe 3 bars of exp if i am lucky. We all would like a answer if we can go ahead and glitch now that all 3 servers can take advantage of it.

sure go ahead, already been linked so they can see if you do abuse the giltch
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • wroth77
    wroth77 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    option 2 is obviously a better choice for those of us here on lionheart...but option 3 would be an acceptable comprimise. dont **** us at lionheart over, especially considering it was the east servers use of the exploit that caused this change to occur
  • tornathien
    tornathien Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sure go ahead, already been linked so they can see if you do abuse the giltch

re-read what i said.. grind all day bot all night.. no where in there does it say glitching they can look all they want, i want to know if any bans are actually going to be handed out, or if they was blowing smoke to get people to stop.
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tornathien wrote: »
    i guess we all should glitch till its truly fixed?

It's no longer possible to glitch, that's the whole point of this time change. All servers are now the same time as xserv.

Only thing I can imagine is if server time gets way out of sync again. Storm and xserv were 10 minutes apart at one point, so exploiters can still get in a few hops--or at least hop to xserv and stay there for (presumably? I don't actually know what happens if you stay) effectively two resets a day.
  • Aryallya - Storm Legion
    Aryallya - Storm Legion Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My vote is for option 1
  • friendlyman
    friendlyman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »
    The server times being shifted is not ideal and we see this as a stop gap to hinder the exploitation of daily resets. We would like to get them back to normal in early July as these require heavy developer support.

In order to do that there are other sacrifices that must be made to both close the cross server exploits and satisfy the most people. You the players are going to decide the final solution that works best for the majority of you and we will get that solution implemented. For those that asked if we could just closed down the cross server and return to how things were before, that is not an option as cross server is now fundamentally integrated in Forsaken World's core design and we would never get support for that.

This poll will close tomorrow at 7pm PT. You final decision will be put into a request and sent to the developers for implementation so please spread the word about this poll.

Option 1: We move home servers back to their original time. Cross Server is closed from 00:00-03:00 ET and 21:00-24:00 PT. This will primarily impact Lionheart as you will be unable to access cross server in your prime-time.

Option 2: Storm and Eyrda would be moved to Central Time. Lionheart Would be moved back to PT. Cross server would be closed from 22:00-24:00PT on Lionheart. This impacts both East and West servers. East servers would have events and spawns trigger 1 hour later than normal. Lionheart would be locked out of cross PvP in the later portion of their prime-time.

Option 3: We keep all servers on Central Time. Cross server PvP is open at all times. Events and spawns on East Servers occur 1 hour later. Events and spawns on Lionheart occur 2 hours earlier.

wroth77 wrote: »
    option 2 is obviously a better choice for those of us here on lionheart...but option 3 would be an acceptable comprimise. dont **** us at lionheart over, especially considering it was the east servers use of the exploit that caused this change to occur

maybe an acceptable compromise for you since your on the west coast. Those of use on the East Coast do have jobs as well and option 3 would make it to where many of us would be unable to participate in certain events as a result, I don;t know about you but the innocent players on East Servers don't deserve to be punished. Lionheart may not of used the xs-server exploit but they do abuse auto-clickers which is along the same lines as the exploit. So either way the exploit existed in one way.shape. or form on all servers not just the East Servers.
  • Taydon - Storm Legion
    Taydon - Storm Legion Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Am I correct in saying that, if option 1 goes thru, then from 9pm-12midnight (east coast time) x-server will be limited to the two east coast servers and Lionheart will not come online untill 3am?

If that is the case, from 9-12 (prime time) x-server will have only two servers?

Just checking....am I correct?
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Am I correct in saying that, if option 1 goes thru, then from 9pm-12midnight (east coast time) x-server will be limited to the two east coast servers and Lionheart will not come online untill 3am?

If that is the case, from 9-12 (prime time) x-server will have only two servers?

Just checking....am I correct?

No, option 1 means that xserv is closed for everyone 21-2400 PST (LH time), no matter the server.
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    Aeonnix - Storm Legion Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lbgongzhu wrote: »
    This. In fact a few more polls like this would probably stop the playerbase feeling quite so stroppy and feeling ignored.

I like polls. :)

Shut up, bluehulk. :p
    Light Bards: Half the calories of regular bards.
This discussion has been closed.