test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player Vote: The Future of Cross Server and Server Times

admcroxeadmcroxe Posts: 95
edited July 2014 in General Discussion
The server times being shifted is not ideal and we see this as a stop gap to hinder the exploitation of daily resets. We would like to get them back to normal in early July as these require heavy developer support.

In order to do that there are other sacrifices that must be made to both close the cross server exploits and satisfy the most people. You the players are going to decide the final solution that works best for the majority of you and we will get that solution implemented. For those that asked if we could just closed down the cross server and return to how things were before, that is not an option as cross server is now fundamentally integrated in Forsaken World's core design and we would never get support for that.

This poll will close tomorrow at 7pm PT. You final decision will be put into a request and sent to the developers for implementation so please spread the word about this poll.

Option 1: We move home servers back to their original time. Cross Server is closed from 00:00-03:00 ET and 21:00-24:00 PT. This will primarily impact Lionheart as you will be unable to access cross server in your prime-time.

Option 2: Storm and Eyrda would be moved to Central Time. Lionheart Would be moved back to PT. Cross server would be closed from 22:00-24:00PT on Lionheart. This impacts both East and West servers. East servers would have events and spawns trigger 1 hour later than normal. Lionheart would be locked out of cross PvP in the later portion of their prime-time.

Option 3: We keep all servers on Central Time. Cross server PvP is open at all times. Events and spawns on East Servers occur 1 hour later. Events and spawns on Lionheart occur 2 hours earlier.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• friendlymanfriendlyman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    considering the options available cross server being closed from 0000-0300 est as the most ideal to fix the exploiting. The best business decision pwe could do is close x server frpm 0000 to 0300 est as that time would impact the least amount of players.
  • serenity234876serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    With option 1 xserver being closed for 3 hours . Will effect the wargod event the heavyest.
    can tgis event be started 3 hrs earlyier to accommodate?
  • Tonali - Storm LegionTonali - Storm Legion Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    considering the options available cross server being closed from 0000-0300 est as the most ideal to fix the exploiting. The best business decision pwe could do is close x server frpm 0000 to 0300 est as that time would impact the least amount of players.

Eyrda and Storm would lose 3 hours to do wargod.

Is it really that hard to fix the glitch? o.o

I am curious

Edit: I also wonder if the ppl who make this choices play the game?

Sorry for bad spelling/grammar
  • downtonuggendowntonuggen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How about implementing non-cross server pvp during that 3 hour time period and have xserver up for the rest of the day. People would get their pvp, exploit closed and no time has to be shifted.
  • Shapelle - LionheartShapelle - Lionheart Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why not "All servers back to original time, X-server open 24 hours, and all daily resets changed to CST"?
  • faladarkfaladark Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Out of these three bad options, I'd choose Option 1. But again, it's not a good option.

However, this does not address the major issues, such as leveling speed for 80+ players, availability of many items in game, and the increasing difficulty in developing our characters. You state that the changes coincide with whatever image of FW you have in your mind, but they do nothing more than alienate and drive away your playerbase. You make decisions that, from an active player's perspective, are made with ignorance of how this game actually works and how the in-game economy functions.

If the game was reasonable in terms of leveling and development, people would not have felt the need to exploit - both heavy cs'ers and casual players did it. That should tell you that it wasn't just a "I'mma weak so I will cheat to win" situation. If the game was reasonable, no one would have cared about this exploit or even used it in the first place.

So even if you "fix" the x-server exploit, it's as if you're just slapping a bandaid on a man riddled with cancer.
  • VelvetStrike - IllyfueVelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Now i am in neither f these servers... but it seems to me its 2 servers vs 1 server, lionheart will be shafted because theres 2 servers against them.

In theory option 1 will go through because storm/eyrda have 2x more players, you cant rlly compare the results of this poll in a fair way, the central server time seemed like a nice solution altho it would take some adjustments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thrashz - Storm LegionThrashz - Storm Legion Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    All im going to say, if Option 1 gets through... you guys better do something about wargod
    [SIGPIC]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w379/SJEK1990/SacrificeQuote_zps77979225.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    <Hero of Summit of Elements><Terminator of Dark Dragon>
  • lcorndogllcorndogl Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I voted for option 1, but can't we have home servers revert back and cross server stay as it is? (Wargod starts earlier = better for everyone/less people complain that they only have 3 hours instead of 6)
  • eberg33keberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If either of the first options happen:

A: exception on wargod night needs to be made (xserver closes for 3 hrs on monday night - satuday night) or
    B: wargod needs to change to an all day event or
    C: stop with these bandaids and focus on fixing the glitch.
  • Discotex - EyrdaDiscotex - Eyrda Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    <3 you croxe; what's the progress on banhammers?!
    Need help playing Aegis for PVP?-slightly outdated as of Lv90 patch-
    tinyurl.com/AegisGuide
    For other inquiries, refer to thread in warrior section!
    [SIGPIC]Discotex -Aegis[/SIGPIC]
  • odsarhodsarh Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Right after I finished adjusting guild events and convinced myself that the new server times was a good thing xD. The new server times help people on Lionheart like me (Playing on Lionheart even though I'm on the East Coast) by not having events(Like Rift at 1AM) late at night. If that stays the same, and some events like Gods Trial have extended times their open, the new server times could actually be really beneficial.

Note: I am not saying events should be put this way for people like myself. It was my decision to play on an West coast server while I'm on the east coast, so I can stay up late for those events.
    Odsarh - lv81 Frost Mage

Guild Leader of Adrenaline
  • friendlymanfriendlyman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Now i am in neither f these servers... but it seems to me its 2 servers vs 1 server, lionheart will be shafted because theres 2 servers against them.

lionheart also had the heaviest exploiting so it would punish them properly.
  • stupidfansstupidfans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are we gonna have xserver for 24hrs for real??

or just the same current 12hrs BS... -.-
  • magikarp851magikarp851 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This means Wargod event only lasts 3 hours? (Original Times. xPvP closed for 3 hours)
  • Attalia_Elyse - Storm LegionAttalia_Elyse - Storm Legion Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    all daily resets changed to CST"?

^If this is possible, I believe it would be the best solution^

& I am voting for option 1
    . I enjoy playing this and it being my actual time frame...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with decaywithyou> ♥ 3/18/06 - ∞ ♥

✿Rachel_Love lvl 80 divine priest
    ✿Attalia_Elyse lvl 80 burst marksman
    ✿Zoey_Elysa lvl 35 lightning mage
    ✿Attalysia_Mae lvl 38 bloodwind raider
  • Pikkochu - Storm LegionPikkochu - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Option 1 would be the best. But if I could make a suggestion, just make Wargod a different time. Make it like 5PM-11PM Est so 2PM-9PM PST or just make Wargod all day.
  • Aeonnix - Storm LegionAeonnix - Storm Legion Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    *reads poll* You sure you can close x-server without any major mistakes? I am concerned about that, but if you really can pull that off, that would be great. So, yeah, my vote's for that. Yeah, I put in for the second option, but that's only to get the most out of x-server availability with the least negative impact. I'm perfectly fine with the first option. The third option should only exist if the first two options weren't possible. Since it looks like it is, I no longer care about the third option.
    Light Bards: Half the calories of regular bards.
  • starzskiystarzskiy Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    <3 you croxe; what's the progress on banhammers?!

Not allowed to talk about bans in forums, please ban this guy!
  • PoPxTart - LionheartPoPxTart - Lionheart Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Voting Option 1. i had to get up at 5 am for 100s rifts. now its 3 am. no can do.many ppl missing out on the important server/guild events due to jobs/school. i myself isnt working atm but IF i would get a job now i would miss anything important in the game that i built up my toon for these past years...
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34718012001&dateline=1429303178[/SIGPIC]

<Forever with AlexejRomanov>
    PoPxTart - lvl 90 Wind Bard
    UsagiDrops - lvl 90 Frost Mage
    LimeBunnie - lvl 90 Divine Priest
  • admcroxeadmcroxe Posts: 95
    edited June 2014
    Option 1 would be the best. But if I could make a suggestion, just make Wargod a different time. Make it like 5PM-11PM Est so 2PM-9PM PST or just make Wargod all day.

What ever choice is made, if it cuts off an event, we'll have the event times adjusted.
  • viiixviiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I voted for option 1, since it impacts day-to-day play the least (non-PvP wise). It's definitely not ideal though, since LH players lose out their primetime PvP, and sheer population wise, their voices are drowned out amidst the other two servers (and PvE LH players, if such people exist). Isn't there a way to do this without punishing the LH people further? Exploit benefit other two servers. CST means their time is shifted more than others'. Closing xserv means horrible PvP for many of them. Urgh. :[
  • markb69markb69 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am going for option #1
  • VyXantia - LionheartVyXantia - Lionheart Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Option #1 is the best for me...

I don't think losing a couple hours of WG is necessarily a bad thing? Maybe we'll just have more people trying to get it done at the same time and faster ques. :)
    CSers are needed to financially support the game,
    Non-CSers are needed to expand the player base,
    Both are equally important to the game.

So don't be hatin'... :)
  • Naminaa - Storm LegionNaminaa - Storm Legion Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I chose option one. I do not do wargod anymore, so losing hours for it doesn't matter to me personally, but I know it does for others.

I just want this fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ✦Naminaa - 88 Dark Vampire - Imperium
    ✦Vaerion - 82 Light Bard - Imperium
    ✦Light bard, Wind bard, Water bard...ALL the bards!✦
    ✦I'm gonna swing from the chandelier. I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist .✦
  • damnthedarkdamnthedark Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ^If this is possible, I believe it would be the best solution^

& I am voting for option 1
    . I enjoy playing this and it being my actual time frame...

I agree, option 1 would be best. No idea why PWE thought changing the times would be a good solution anyway...
    <Forever with SharaElyse> 3/18/06 - ∞
  • serenity234876serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »
    What ever choice is made, if it cuts off an event, we'll have the event times adjusted.

Why was a poll like this not done before implementation of something so game breaking.

By implementating something then asking does not show good face for the pwi company.
  • DivineSpirits - Storm LegionDivineSpirits - Storm Legion Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The choice is obvious. Of the three options number 1 is the best. As a player who is actually ON CST time, I still prefer to have regular times since that's what I'm used to. I think every player has already adjusted their playing time to the events /schedule that we formerly had.

Why couldn't this poll have been made earlier? Answer: It could and should have been.
    [SIGPIC]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/Tysterkaar/SirFanion.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    DivineSpirits (Fire/Ice Mage) || DivineAuror (Divine Priest) || SirFanion (Elemental Warrior)
  • Discotex - EyrdaDiscotex - Eyrda Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »

I have an event that you can adjust.
    Need help playing Aegis for PVP?-slightly outdated as of Lv90 patch-
    tinyurl.com/AegisGuide
    For other inquiries, refer to thread in warrior section!
    [SIGPIC]Discotex -Aegis[/SIGPIC]
  • lbgongzhulbgongzhu Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Why was a poll like this not done before implementation of something so game breaking.

By implementating something then asking does not show good face for the pwi company.

This. In fact a few more polls like this would probably stop the playerbase feeling quite so stroppy and feeling ignored.
This discussion has been closed.