test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

X Server.. Why so empty?

jhkx123jhkx123 Posts: 80 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
So... Title says it... Xserver is dead now.. I mean, back then it was dead except for the glitchers but i noticed we could still get 12s and arenas queued.. But now, 12s queues are so rare except for wargods and that is depressing.. Is it because everyone is too busy levelling that they cant spend some time pvping? OR OR OR are they scared that by popping into x server during certain times, it will label them as a glitcher?

I also noticed yes, the xserver is now closed from 3am to 3pm server time on eyrda... Please fix it back cause not everyone playing is following the server's time and the only chance they have to do arena/12s, you just taken away.. the 24 hours xserver pvp was a step in the right direction as many who couldnt do arena before are able to.. Don't take that away please..

Personally, its a big problem that i cant do 12s/arenas anymore.. Which sucks big time coz tht means i cant get the dedication from them, the arena points and the arena gears.. I'll be further behind in gloops.. I'm still trying to get a good decree rune worth having that ive been having miserable luck with (but hey, making more orbs when atking is pretty good right?? he.he.he.he........... qq). 12s also gave a way to get reforge charms easier but thts gone too... MOST IMPORTANTLY, the Brilliance of Glory.... It's rare now... Almost to the point of extinction.. People are selling them for 2-4 times wat theyre normally worth, ranging from 60s to (lol) 1g99 each in the Auction house... To make matters worse... you need 3200 of them BoGs to get ur zod weap to lvl 77... and EACH re id attempt costs 1600(?) BoGs?!?!?! So if I wanna farm them myself, it'll take me 640 days??? Does that make sense/fun/notagrind to you? Then if im not happy with the IDs, I'll need 320 days to reid the weapon? Explain to me how this is a free to play game again? I know CSing is there to make things easier, but you dont have to make it THIS hard for a free to play person to get good items in the game...............

Is there no other way to get BoGs for this ridiculous cost other than 12s?? coz xserver is dying dying dead at the rate players are going about the xserver issues.. It was ridiculous enough tht you can only get 5 BoGs a day from 12s per char (IF YOU WIN) but now it feels like we cant even get tht 5 a day..

Please do something about this.. I know im not the only going through this...

rageragemumblegrumbleqq..
Post edited by jhkx123 on

Comments

• Mr_InFamou - LionheartMr_InFamou - Lionheart Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jhkx123 wrote: »
    So... Title says it... Xserver is dead now.. I mean, back then it was dead except for the glitchers but i noticed we could still get 12s and arenas queued.. But now, 12s queues are so rare except for wargods and that is depressing.. Is it because everyone is too busy levelling that they cant spend some time pvping? OR OR OR are they scared that by popping into x server during certain times, it will label them as a glitcher?

I also noticed yes, the xserver is now closed from 3am to 3pm server time on eyrda... Please fix it back cause not everyone playing is following the server's time and the only chance they have to do arena/12s, you just taken away.. the 24 hours xserver pvp was a step in the right direction as many who couldnt do arena before are able to.. Don't take that away please..

Personally, its a big problem that i cant do 12s/arenas anymore.. Which sucks big time coz tht means i cant get the dedication from them, the arena points and the arena gears.. I'll be further behind in gloops.. I'm still trying to get a good decree rune worth having that ive been having miserable luck with (but hey, making more orbs when atking is pretty good right?? he.he.he.he........... qq). 12s also gave a way to get reforge charms easier but thts gone too... MOST IMPORTANTLY, the Brilliance of Glory.... It's rare now... Almost to the point of extinction.. People are selling them for 2-4 times wat theyre normally worth, ranging from 60s to (lol) 1g99 each in the Auction house... To make matters worse... you need 3200 of them BoGs to get ur zod weap to lvl 77... and EACH re id attempt costs 1600(?) BoGs?!?!?! So if I wanna farm them myself, it'll take me 640 days??? Does that make sense/fun/notagrind to you? Then if im not happy with the IDs, I'll need 320 days to reid the weapon? Explain to me how this is a free to play game again? I know CSing is there to make things easier, but you dont have to make it THIS hard for a free to play person to get good items in the game...............

Is there no other way to get BoGs for this ridiculous cost other than 12s?? coz xserver is dying dying dead at the rate players are going about the xserver issues.. It was ridiculous enough tht you can only get 5 BoGs a day from 12s per char (IF YOU WIN) but now it feels like we cant even get tht 5 a day..

Please do something about this.. I know im not the only going through this...

rageragemumblegrumbleqq..

In my opinion, it is because of people being busy leveling. Before the bans rolled out, for 3s and 6s I noticed a lot less WC messages (not that 3s wasn't dead already). But I also noticed before the bans that if I COULD get a 3s que, it was usually the same team over and over again; if not then it was usually between 2 teams. I'm sure in about 3 or so months when more people are 85+ there will be a lot more PvP action, especially if arena gear is released by then.

Unless you go into x-server in the time that the glitch accours, you shouldn't be branded an exploiter. When reporting you have to have some indication of the time the SS was taken, as long as it's not within like 12-3 AM server time, you should be fine.

About the BoG's, I'm preeetttyyy sure you don't need that many BoG's to re id. Unless you're talking about something else... I don't have a EB wep anyhow.
    The Star Falls
    Mr_InFamous: Lv90 Elemental Warrior
    Lionhearts "Worst warrior on the whole server" since 7/26/11
    DefenderofDreams the hero Forsaken World needs.
    Fifty shades of GreyjoyKraken RIP
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/mImBk9T.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • iamamazing2iamamazing2 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In my opinion, it is because of people being busy leveling. Before the bans rolled out, for 3s and 6s I noticed a lot less WC messages (not that 3s wasn't dead already). But I also noticed before the bans that if I COULD get a 3s que, it was usually the same team over and over again; if not then it was usually between 2 teams. I'm sure in about 3 or so months when more people are 85+ there will be a lot more PvP action, especially if arena gear is released by then.

Unless you go into x-server in the time that the glitch accours, you shouldn't be branded an exploiter. When reporting you have to have some indication of the time the SS was taken, as long as it's not within like 12-3 AM server time, you should be fine.

About the BoG's, I'm preeetttyyy sure you don't need that many BoG's to re id. Unless you're talking about something else... I don't have a EB wep anyhow.

no ones been banned yet
    edited June 2014
    no ones been banned yet

I heard that some lv86+'s have been banned already, can't prove or disprove.
    The Star Falls
  • Ulrezaj - Storm LegionUlrezaj - Storm Legion Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2014

People are not that busy leveling ... some work during day and can only do pvp around glitch time...or during the time x-server is closed. You also need to remember that we have players from different time zones. Not all are from US or no lifers that can be on 24/7.

And the amount of BoG's is correct. 3200 and 1600.

12v12 is required for any player who is interested in improving his character. Be it the jewels ,reforge items, bog's or decree runes.
    edited June 2014
    People are not that busy leveling ... some work during day and can only do pvp around glitch time...or during the time x-server is closed. You also need to remember that we have players from different time zones. Not all are from US or no lifers that can be on 24/7.

On Lionheart at least, some of the PvPer's that I've seen have switched to WG gear, from arena gear for (I'm assuming) the higher base stats and PvE intensity. That kinda proves that on lionheart anyway (you could argue that we're a PvE server and that should be expected but we do still have a lot of PvPer's) a lot more people are focusing on leveling and PvE rather than PvP at the moment.

As for people who work a lot during the day or are from other countries and whatnot, those are personal issues. Unless PWE was to create servers for more countries (which would kill the population of our servers even more so) that issue can't really be addressed.

And for people who work a majority of the day, it is unfortunate that this glitch is going on during the time that you can PvP, and until it gets fixed; you won't be able to go into x-server. Which is unfortunate, but stuff happends. You can complain all you want but that won't make PWE or Wanmei go any quicker.
    The Star Falls
  • snake11122snake11122 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    its cuz lionheart is patrolling x server so nobody from east server is even able to finish wargod from 9pm-12am x-server time without the risk of being reported while in FF :D. then others think that lionheart will report them no matter when they are in x server because thats what lionheart does, just stand around every day trying to get people banned, unproductive use of time if you ask me
  • ysarysar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Being reported for nothing is not the same thing as getting banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWE pingpongteam
    Currently went pro
  • snake11122snake11122 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    true but still chance of being banned, risk they dont want to take
  • DoomRaven - Storm LegionDoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Gloop is boring, pvp is dead, x-server only half time open so europeans and asians can't go, other than that, boring same grinding everday there's really no point to play alot after you hit 85, even reseted resistances and re ided crit dmg on arena set.. just turn eyrda into pve so we can all choke on boredom and close x server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • faladarkfaladark Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Most everyone I know from the East servers do not go to x-server out of fear of being reported/banned. Even those few who didn't glitch are afraid. 2/3 of the x-server is East coast, so that's a pretty sizable # not going to x-server anymore.
  • Aeonnix - Storm LegionAeonnix - Storm Legion Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm only speaking for myself. I made the decision to stay away from x-server until Lionheart has someone at lv 90. Last I checked was a couple days ago and the highest was 84. No, it isn't a reaction to what Lionheart is doing, but rather a reaction to the cheating. I cheer the actions of Lionheart.
    Light Bards: Half the calories of regular bards.
    edited June 2014
    I'm only speaking for myself. I made the decision to stay away from x-server until Lionheart has someone at lv 90. Last I checked was a couple days ago and the highest was 84. No, it isn't a reaction to what Lionheart is doing, but rather a reaction to the cheating. I cheer the actions of Lionheart.

Your logic is flawed. Your actions aren't admirable. You're just hurting the Lionheart people trying to do x-server pvp quests by having 1 less person queue.
  • jhereg4250jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    faladark wrote: »
    Your logic is flawed. Your actions aren't admirable. You're just hurting the Lionheart people trying to do x-server pvp quests by having 1 less person queue.

Then maybe they should rethink screaming at eastern players and calling us exploiters the minute we show up to try and get our quests in just because we had to work late.

I understand their frustration, but frankly some take it too far.
    edited June 2014
    jhereg4250 wrote: »
    Then maybe they should rethink screaming at eastern players and calling us exploiters the minute we show up to try and get our quests in just because we had to work late.

I understand their frustration, but frankly some take it too far.

Agreed to this as well, but my point above was toward Aeonnix specifically, who basically said he was staying out of x-server to support Lionheart.

Unless he was being sarcastic. Hard to tell in text.
  • spankabellespankabelle Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Let's be honest. After the thousands of complaints, reports, and instances of harassment BY lionheart players... that's almost entirely on them. Complaining about not having any cake after your threw it on the ground and pissed on it isn't going to buy any sympathy.
    edited June 2014
    Let's be honest. After the thousands of complaints, reports, and instances of harassment BY lionheart players... that's almost entirely on them. Complaining about not having any cake after your threw it on the ground and pissed on it isn't going to buy any sympathy.

Again, agreed. Lol. I was just pointing out how he was failing if his goal was to support Lionheart.
  • cyeannacyeanna Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well this kinda sucks... Just when I'm about to go for my 2nd 12s ring because it seems that the exploiting is actually being stopped they change the times x-serv is open. This kinda messes up everyone in the APAC region. 3am is like 5pm ish on East coast Australia that's kinda knock off time for most of us there then we cant go in again till some crazy hour of the morning..... Looks like days off are now FF farming days then.
  • VagueAngel - Storm LegionVagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Most everyone I know from the East servers do not go to x-server out of fear of being reported/banned. Even those few who didn't glitch are afraid. 2/3 of the x-server is East coast, so that's a pretty sizable # not going to x-server anymore.

Nothing to fear. The way they do the banning is they check the log of daily completions for each person. So if your turn in rates aren't unusually high, you'll be fine, even if you enter during "glitching hour".

We want to assure you all that we are double checking each and every person banned via logs of daily completions. As of this time, there are a very very small amount of players who reached 86+ legitimately.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • pvpnoobiepvpnoobie Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    only those who exploited fear getting banned. One reason I don't pvp anymore is because I'm, like many others, farming daily instances to lvl up along with farming Soul Gold for anima and soul tree....

of course this is something the exploiters don't have to deal with and in return complain that x-server is empty.

Anyhow if you did the crime expect to pay for it unless like some that have been in game for a bit now with lv 85++ who have CS a lot...well they still there :(
    <!DOCTYPE html>

anonymous west lionheart player

Mini Mart

• Bhyl - LionheartBhyl - Lionheart Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A little reminder... if people are stalking you or harassing you.. report them. Don't just qq on the forums...

It's against the ToS after all.

I am really disappointed in LH peeps for harassing other server people. Gives us all a bad name.

Regarding the 12 hour server time... bye bye Oceania, Asia and a chunk of Europe for being able to use the xserver. Thanks for locking us out of more things during the week. It's not as if we don't already miss out on events, lcs, fissures(yay pets), GT's depending where you live... <insert other things I miss>.
    edited June 2014

What kind of Lionheart person in their right mind would even be involved with that cesspool? Unless they like being ridiculed, belittled and violated all the time. Yeah, I know PWE's made it their credo to be anti-west coast, but I don't have to join that bandwagon of hate. That said though, I'm not looking for admiration. but I do know that being on x-server condones the actions of the cheaters. Either action I take, something will be lost. I choose the one I feel is most respectful towards those slighted.

Nice guy finishing last... ending post.
    edited June 2014
    What kind of Lionheart person in their right mind would even be involved with that cesspool? Unless they like being ridiculed, belittled and violated all the time. Yeah, I know PWE's made it their credo to be anti-west coast, but I don't have to join that bandwagon of hate. That said though, I'm not looking for admiration. but I do know that being on x-server condones the actions of the cheaters. Either action I take, something will be lost. I choose the one I feel is most respectful towards those slighted.

Nice guy finishing last... ending post.

You make 0 sense.
    edited June 2014
    You make 0 sense.

I honestly don't care if it makes sense to you. As long as I know I'm doing what is right.

Edit 7:29PM: Darn it. I got on a soapbox. I meant to only speak for myself, not to let my view reflect anything outside of that. What I should say in response to that 0 sense comment is that as little sense it may make to you, my actions is what's making my conscience at ease. I can't be a part of something that's so lopsided and unfair and I feel it'll stay unfair until Lionheart catches up.

It should've also been beneath me to condone one set of violations because it countered a much bigger set of violations. I've always hated the term "an eye for an eye". It's stupid of me to embrace it here.
  • tavannyltavannyl Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A little reminder... if people are stalking you or harassing you.. report them. Don't just qq on the forums...

pwe has a well-known history of pointedly ignoring any attempts to report people for harassment.
  • VagueAngel - Storm LegionVagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pvpnoobie wrote: »
    only those who exploited fear getting banned. One reason I don't pvp anymore is because I'm, like many others, farming daily instances to lvl up along with farming Soul Gold for anima and soul tree....

of course this is something the exploiters don't have to deal with and in return complain that x-server is empty.

Anyhow if you did the crime expect to pay for it unless like some that have been in game for a bit now with lv 85++ who have CS a lot...well they still there :(

They won't be for long if they indeed did exploit.
    Comment from AdmCroxe:
    This exploit will be closed next week. I highly recommend not testing my patience between now and next week. If you show up in my logs exploiting this glitch after being warned twice...you will be a very sad panda.

We will be banning people to remove the advantage they they hoped to gain. The bans are not permanent, but you will not be playing for a long time. We're in the process of banning the forerunners, once that is done we will be working backwards to verify that top players are legitimately gaining their levels.

You cheat, I don't care how much money you spent on the game, you personally ruined the experience for all the other players. That behavior will not be tolerated. You will be punished. I even tried to warn you to stop. Only a very very very small handful of people heeded my warning. This was very disappointing and tells me that things have been too lenient in the past.

Cheaters hurt honest players by cheating. They do not need honest players coming to their defense. You reap what you sow. They deserved to be punished. We will not be wrist slapping for this.

There were players that stumbled upon the exploit. Realized that the thing they did was a bug, and stopped on their own volition. Those players did the right thing. Then there were the players that discovered the exploit, and repeatedly performed the actions needed 200+ times a day. These types of players will be punished appropriately.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • magikarp851magikarp851 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nothing to fear. The way they do the banning is they check the log of daily completions for each person. So if your turn in rates aren't unusually high, you'll be fine, even if you enter during "glitching hour".

I would believe most game companies when they claim they would verify first.
  • shadrimshadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It might be not only the urge to level up but mostly the inconsistent statements of staff and mods that scare people away from this so called pvp, just as if the wrecked matchmaking would not be enough to make the onehit frenzies boring and unrewarding.

Yes, i know cross asking is a bad thing but currently the staff alikes in the german section made the statement that the repeateable run around until your queue turns up quest on x-server is considered to be an exploit and will be a ban reason if used.

http://fw-forum.de.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=122762

So x-server seems to be some kind of crash, ban, boom minefield. With the well know quality of staff performance, not only when it comes to rule competence (still no anniversary stuff and the ticket spambot as usual "responds" with something not related to ticket content), i personally would not like to take any chances on this ominous double checking.

So there may be several reasons:

- Level up activities
    - x-server ping and lagspikes/lag alikes still way too high for several players.
    - Fear of bans, generated by strange statements and continuous unreliable outcomes of any and all database "analysis" as seen and experienced by every reward event in the last year as well as bad performance of staff when it comes to any action taken or any ticket "processed".
    - Still crappy matchmaking.
    - Maybe the people who passed level 81 dislike to be stuck with the overpower players for the rest of the game again, so it might be wise to add another tier to FF like 85 to 90 or so....

Feel free to add some reasons of your own.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]