Broken level 70 SG quest

2»

Comments

• cuthecrap
    cuthecrap Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello,

One step of the lvl50 Soulgate requires me to enter GFC and slay Baron Kidd, well, i did, multiple times, as leader, as not leader, etc.

So clearly it is bugged so i would like to ask what really is necessary to do in order to complete it! :) thanks!
  • Ronyon - Storm Legion
    Ronyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    most of the soul gates have had parts of them changed. the quest descriptions weren't changed to match though. still haven't seen a message saying which part will be fixed, assuming it will be the descriptions.

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=507441

they've been merging all the threads about soul gates. i didn't see an answer for the lv50 when i scanned through it real quick though.

Can you tell us what is says in your quest tracker below the quest name? Basically if it asks for more than one of something it won't be a boss kill. So if it says Baron Kidd (0/20) it's been changed.
  • cuthecrap
    edited June 2014
    "Ghostfang Castle
    Baron Kidd (0/1)"

It only says that. That's why i don't know what to do x) usually mutiple like (0/20) is HR... this, i have no idea.
  • mrtamer86
    mrtamer86 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cuthecrap wrote: »
    Hello,

One step of the lvl50 Soulgate requires me to enter GFC and slay Baron Kidd, well, i did, multiple times, as leader, as not leader, etc.

So clearly it is bugged so i would like to ask what really is necessary to do in order to complete it! :) thanks!

I did my mage's 50 gate on Friday or Saturday night and had the same problem, leader, with leader quest, party member, GFC wouldn't hit 2/1. Figured I'd try this week, but imagine my surprise when I looked at the quest tracker and saw it had completed. I didn't do anything with GFC and soul power in general other I think than botting my dragon orders, so idk what caused it for sure, but I suspect weekly reset may have done something.

The last stage was just confusing at first, used to be enter cracked Chamber of Wind and kill like 5 Tarkocians or Venom Plants. The quest got mixed up with Hell Road, and the fissure isn't needed anymore, just the floor of HR (16 I think?)

Yet another thing that slipped past QC and an initial patch. There's other gates a bit wonky too, a friend of mine is having issues with the 40 gate's last stage and my girlfriend and I and holding off on 70 one until there's some fixes just in case.
  • Thaynia - Illyfue
    Thaynia - Illyfue Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I asked about it last night, it's being worked on (I know you asked Gwenny but I thought I'd let you know that I asked also)

Oh, thanks Nyxa! <3 Nice to hear something's being done about it, but I really hope people get compensated for any purple mantras, too (though I guess that adds even more layers of complexity to it)

EDIT:
    eberg33k wrote: »

I believe Gwenny was referring to the GT quest, not a gate quest. The gate quests, at the core, I believe are all working fine, only the descriptions are wrong.

I'm assuming you're stuck on the GOS part like everyone else. GoS was replaced with room 26 in hell road. I do think purple mantra's should be refunded due to this f-up, but given previous f-ups I wouldn't count on it. Realistically, I would start saving for a new purple mantra (or ask someone to save theirs) while working towards being able to clear room 26 in hell road.

I'm personally not stuck, no, I did my level 70 quest ages ago- I'm not suffering from any issues, and even if I did, I clear room 26 and above in HR easily. And I wouldn't call it a "replacement"- it's a bug. Replacing SG quest stages with HR rooms is ridiculous, and I haven't seen anything in the patch notes about it (feel free to correct me, I haven't read the patch notes in ages and my memory is notoriously bad). I'm just pushing for this to be fixed because I've had friends unable to complete SGs because of it/I've had to explain to multiple people about this issue. I don't count on mantras being refunded either, but it's still a pain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back. And by abyss, I mean PWE Customer Support
  • Mehdy - Eyrda
    Mehdy - Eyrda Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cmlvth wrote: »
    Screenshot:
    2cz21dj.jpg

Description:
    After I unlocked the Soul Power Gate IV it gave me quests.
    First it told me to do the Watch Rotation so I did and I finished it successfully. Then after, it gave me this Wades Quest and I also did what it told me to do but it didn't gave me any point at all after I finish it. I've been stuck on this for a few days now.

This Wades Quest is called "Wade's Fishin Hole". It says,
    "Fishin' Hole Boss (10/11)". I have no idea how i got the 10 points. I haven't done a single Wade's until i wanted to make the points (11/11) after i finished Wades for the first time the quest score was still (10/11) it did not add up a point.

the same happend to me but i know what is to do its henry quest i finished it but i am stuck in the quest a fter this
  • cuthecrap
    edited June 2014
    mrtamer86 wrote: »
    I did my mage's 50 gate on Friday or Saturday night and had the same problem, leader, with leader quest, party member, GFC wouldn't hit 2/1. Figured I'd try this week, but imagine my surprise when I looked at the quest tracker and saw it had completed. I didn't do anything with GFC and soul power in general other I think than botting my dragon orders, so idk what caused it for sure, but I suspect weekly reset may have done something.

The last stage was just confusing at first, used to be enter cracked Chamber of Wind and kill like 5 Tarkocians or Venom Plants. The quest got mixed up with Hell Road, and the fissure isn't needed anymore, just the floor of HR (16 I think?)

Yet another thing that slipped past QC and an initial patch. There's other gates a bit wonky too, a friend of mine is having issues with the 40 gate's last stage and my girlfriend and I and holding off on 70 one until there's some fixes just in case.

Happened the same to me, just auto-completed at reset... what about the part where u need Dusk Town's Blue Mantra? How did you complete it? :)
  • Ronyon - Storm Legion
    Ronyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm personally not stuck, no, I did my level 70 quest ages ago- I'm not suffering from any issues, and even if I did, I clear room 26 and above in HR easily. And I wouldn't call it a "replacement"- it's a bug. Replacing SG quest stages with HR rooms is ridiculous, and I haven't seen anything in the patch notes about it (feel free to correct me, I haven't read the patch notes in ages and my memory is notoriously bad). I'm just pushing for this to be fixed because I've had friends unable to complete SGs because of it/I've had to explain to multiple people about this issue. I don't count on mantras being refunded either, but it's still a pain.

If one part of one quest had become broken and was not completable no matter what you do, that would be a bug. It takes effort to change a specific requirement to a different specific requirement. It takes a good bit of effort to do that to 5 or 6 quest chains with 8 or more specific changes.

I would assume that when the Chinese send a patch to our staff in California they include a list of changes that will be in it. I assume that for some reason they forgot this part. That's the most likely explanation as to why our quest descriptions didn't get updated and why it wasn't in our patch notes.

It seems very much like they are reducing the amount group requiring instances you need to complete the Soul Gates. Many of the instance requirements have changed to solo stuff. This makes sense, when you consider that the level cap is now 90. There's really no reason to have to do OAC when you're level 70+.

I do agree that some of the higher HR requirements are a bit tough. Especially anything from room 20 up. Pretty sure many new players will get to those soul gates before they and their demon are strong enough to beat it. Even if they start doing HR the first week they hit 60. That will leave them stuck for a while each time which will be frustrating.
  • isis74
    isis74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just did Gauntlet of Storms and the quest didn't finish!!!! it says "Gauntlet of Storms Enter the 26th Floor (0/26) i am confused!!! please fix i already used my purple mantra in DDT
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lol just saw it been several repies already xD nvm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • Shar - Illyfue
    Shar - Illyfue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sorry if this has been clarifyed already.

The quest to Baron Kidd in GFC for soulgate 50 seems to be achieved by doing GT2.

Maybe someone who's not a lazy a$$ like me can make a new soul gate quests guide?

Assuming ofc these changes are here to stay.