East Coast Servers..

Comments

• Discotex - Eyrda
    Discotex - Eyrda Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yay 100 day ban for all of Eyrda and Storm's csers.
    Need help playing Aegis for PVP?-slightly outdated as of Lv90 patch-
    tinyurl.com/AegisGuide
    For other inquiries, refer to thread in warrior section!
    [SIGPIC]Discotex -Aegis[/SIGPIC]
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Hey I've CS'ed and I've never once used this exploit.

On a side note, admcroxe, you realize xserver is down right? so noone will be caught exploiting tonight tiger_032.gif, but noone will be wargod'ing tomorrow either tiger_028.gif
  • mggw
    mggw Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2014

It's in effect now which means the lot of people who didn't use the glitch after croxe posted are still safe.
  • Style - Eyrda
    Style - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »
    Please screenshot and report anybody you see doing this to customer support. WE can verify their turn in rate and for each exploited turn in we will hit them with a 12 hour ban across all related accounts so they lose their cheated advantage. This policy goes into effect tonight so spread the word and link to this post.

Just check out the top10 in Level ranking and u have the people that are abusing the bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just check out the top10 in Level ranking and u have the people that are abusing the bug.

says the person that only doesn't abuse it cuz he is german and can't wake up
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If this policy is retroactive, as Disco said, there will be a lot of high cs'ers banned for a loooong time.

Also if there is going to be a "solution" to x-server glitch, getting players to narc on each other (essentially) isn't the way either. Even if people aren't switching after this announcement, there will still be people spiteful enough to send in tickets about past offenses, even if the policy isn't retroactive. Not only will this create further strain on our already abused ticket system, but I also doubt support's ability to fully investigate claims due to the volume of reports.

I personally expect to be banned, even if I don't use any sort of glitch post-croxe's announcement, just because there are enough people who dislike me and already report me for any number of weird things... and I don't trust support to actually check that I am doing anything wrong. A lot of the other old players and high cs'ers are like this too - with enough people that dislike them to spam the system with reports.

This is NOT a logical fix, and it by no means gets rid of the already substantial lead that certain players have who have already reached an insane amount of exp and sp through glitched crucible ore turn ins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aetolus - Eyrda
    Aetolus - Eyrda Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please screenshot and report anybody you see doing this to customer support. WE can verify their turn in rate and for each exploited turn in we will hit them with a 12 hour ban across all related accounts so they lose their cheated advantage. This policy goes into effect tonight so spread the word and link to this post.

Thank you for the response.

One issue still you say 'verify turn in rate' You also get exp aid from just going from xserver to your home server so you don't have to 'turn in' anything. Is this still allowed/going to be overlooked?

How would you tell the difference between this and someone just going back to check AH? I just have a feeling this will come up and people will still be fighting about it.
  • Spankmenow - Lionheart
    Spankmenow - Lionheart Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Only banning them for turning in Fel ore doesn't even begin to scratch the amount of advantages they have.
    I wasn't annoyed with the free SG.
    I wasn't annoyed with the free PvP points.

What's really bothering me right now?

Those lvl 3 gem reforges.

Gems that cost about 10d just for a lvl 4 can be completely free for them now.
    -Insert QQ-
    You can go to the other servers and just compare gem prices and it becomes obvious.
    <Forever With Freezatron>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chemicalslovess
    chemicalslovess Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about you just fix it? Its been out since xserver started.
    How are you gona verify what ppl are doing? How do you know i didnt go to xserver to check 12s que for example. I do that a lot since going to xserver takes a couple secs.. not only during those 3 hours but all day long. How can you know which were my intetions when i hopped? Or are you only banning ppl that are claiming the devotion log in?
    What about the exp aid you get from just hoping?
    How can you screenshot someone doing this? Just a ss of someone in xserver? Does that mean i need to avoide xserver between 12-3 am so i dont get banned? How do you even know if who ever reported me didnt take the ss at some other time?
    This is just so ridiculous... you guys are already flooded in tickets, now you are asking to be even more flooded, when 90% of the reports are probably gona be just pplmad trying to get someone else banned even if they dont abuse xserver bug.
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    LMAO!!

E V E R Y B O D Y

has taken advantage of this one way or another.. EVEN without actually wanting to..
    just going into cross server during those times reset your stuff..

What if im just doing 12v12 and go back for challenge.. then back for arena etc etc??

How can you designate who's purposely abusing it and who isn't?
    Who deserves a ban and who doesn't??

• NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    NoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    LMAO!!

E V E R Y B O D Y

has taken advantage of this one way or another.. EVEN without actually wanting to..

What if im just doing 12v12 and go back for challenge.. then back for arena etc etc??

Actually, not everybody.
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
  • conterkiller
    edited May 2014
    Actually, not everybody.

Do you go to xserver during that time?

yes?

you glitched it.. you get exp aid.. your daily login thing gets reseted.. etc etc..

Only people that are not affected by this are west coast people and people that don't play during that time..

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    now x server is going to be completely dead from reset-3am because everyone is going to be scared silly that even if they go to x for arena or 12s or w/e someone that dislikes them is going to go OMG YOU WENT TO X TO CHEAT IMMA SS YOU AND REPORT YOU and then theyll get banned for trying to play the game without intending to cheat. or someone who was in x server prior to reset doing 12s/arena and someone who dislikes them will only notice them returning from xserver after reset and do the same thing.
  • chemicalslovess
    edited May 2014
    If we are getting banned i want compensation for all the dedi ive accidentally lost on mondays for forgetting its just gona wipe my dedi if i go in during that time. kty.
  • ysar
    ysar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just wanted to let you know... I'm going to report all your asses!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWE pingpongteam
    Currently went pro
  • conterkiller
    edited May 2014
    honin my photoshop skillzzz...

fake reporting gogogogo!!

• Ulrezaj - Storm Legion
    Ulrezaj - Storm Legion Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    By croxe's wording i think he is talking about ores and maybe about gem reforge. Also this rule can't be retroactive. I think the customer service will be flooded whit tickets. And they will have to either fix this or rethink the whole policy.
  • DoomRaven - Storm Legion
    DoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I want compensation, 100k sg boxes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • conterkiller
    edited May 2014
    So..

if i get to lv90 tonight.. how long will i be banned for exactly?

• Style - Eyrda
    Style - Eyrda Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So..

6 month
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chemicalslovess
    edited May 2014
    So..

Well i dont think you can actually get to 90 with this bug even if you had enough ores to spam them for 3 hours, lets say it takes you 3 mins to hop back and forth and you do that for 2 hours and 50 mins, you can do it for around 56 times which means 672 hours ban (almost a month)
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well i dont think you can actually get to 90 with this bug even if you had enough ores to spam them for 3 hours, lets say it takes you 3 mins to hop back and forth and you do that for 2 hours and 50 mins, you can do it for around 56 times which means 672 hours ban (almost a month)

3 minutes to hop? It's much much shorter than that, really. o_o
  • Impoa - Eyrda
    Impoa - Eyrda Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have a few questions:

1) account ban or character ban? (most likely account ban)

2) The reason for altering the exp. multipliers and gains was for the new player base to catch up and balance things out... half the low level toons are alts trying out blood raiders and other alts..

main quest exp and any basically all other sources of exp are minuscule except for a few:
    -crucible
    -exp books
    -server exploitation

crucible is incredibly time consuming, granted that you wont get PKd along the way. many people have farmed the ores, but again it's survival of the fittest to get those. Once again, the attempt to balance out the new player base (which hasn't increased that much) is thwarted with the hoarding of ores by higher/elite player base. same with the exp books since GOS is a hard instance. champ points have been limited due to the challenge quest.
    What was this patch supposed to do for the new players exp wise?

So it's almost like the attempt to balance the player base is reversed. This is hilariously ironic. Don't limit and inhibit the older players because the desire to exploit and farm will be even higher, but just leave it alone, and cater more towards new players without taking away from older players. Yes I know it's mainly based off of CN decisions, but we don't get the stuff they have.

On the other hand, while exp is the problem (and possible bank space and soul diamonds),
    the gem, gear, and scroll availability are awesome. It'd be even better if we had the bank/bag space to stomach all of it :/
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    same with the exp books since GOS is a hard instance. champ points have been limited due to the challenge quest.

You can't even get the exp books with champ points anymore. They removed the direct exchange option, and while the Storm Gem option is there, you can't exchange for Storm Gems with points either.
  • BlackLuster - Eyrda
    BlackLuster - Eyrda Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Forgot to mention the selected amount of people who does arena after weekly reset during 00:00 - 02:59 East Coast. This is a another bugged that's being abuse to get double arena points per week.
  • Impoa - Eyrda
    Impoa - Eyrda Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You can't even get the exp books with champ points anymore. They removed the direct exchange option, and while the Storm Gem option is there, you can't exchange for Storm Gems with points either.

Wow that's disappointing, that only further proves my point. Only two directions Eyrda flows is still implementing enough exp multipliers for everyone to get by, or limiting the older player base, therefore prompting them to do through "drastic measures" to obtain exp.
  • gamerbychoice
    gamerbychoice Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow that's disappointing, that only further proves my point. Only two directions Eyrda flows is still implementing enough exp multipliers for everyone to get by, or limiting the older player base, therefore prompting them to do through "drastic measures" to obtain exp.

Prompting them to do drastic measures to obtain exp?

If there's a way people can cheat they WILL cheat. It could be x50 exp and people would still exploit and cheat to get ahead. Giving them any amount of extra reason doesn't make any amount of cheating justified.

IMO this bug should have been addressed as soon as it was discovered and reported, and those who exploited it should be given stiff penalties for obviously exploiting.

And for everyone complaining about how long it takes to level, seriously? I'd rather the exp rate be cut in half and the soul gold rate doubled, leveling is easy, soul gold takes effort.
  • _Avenger_ - Eyrda
    _Avenger_ - Eyrda Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Prompting them to do drastic measures to obtain exp?

If there's a way people can cheat they WILL cheat. It could be x50 exp and people would still exploit and cheat to get ahead. Giving them any amount of extra reason doesn't make any amount of cheating justified.

IMO this bug should have been addressed as soon as it was discovered and reported, and those who exploited it should be given stiff penalties for obviously exploiting.

And for everyone complaining about how long it takes to level, seriously? I'd rather the exp rate be cut in half and the soul gold rate doubled, leveling is easy, soul gold takes effort.

these are hte kin dof ppl that makes me laugh.. soul gold? are u srsly sayign its hard ot get soul gold? u can do some wbs spend liek 30 minutes u will get maybe 10 boxes that coudl give u from 4-8sd not only that henries gives soem nice sg... the base gives u about 8sd every week, doing NC gives u tokenes which u can exchange for sg... want me to keep going? while exp is hard to get... get ur facts together before talking.

most of this issue could be solved if u turned the x3 exp on. ijs

even for someone like me that doest do much wbs, and stuff i cant play 12 hours this game i get on to pvp, wokr on my char n maybe farm some times, i have 600 sd... just from doing wbs from time to time, there are ppl with 1300 sd on the ranks, im guessing if they hardcore farm wbs it would take em there easy but i cant, hell i even forget to do 1 check in on my main thats how lazy i am to pve ;D
  • junglist101
    junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    LMAO!!

E V E R Y B O D Y

YOU'RE Level 82 they SHOULD START WITH YOU...... stop trying to defending exploiting.
  • gamerbychoice
    gamerbychoice Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    these are hte kin dof ppl that makes me laugh.. soul gold? are u srsly sayign its hard ot get soul gold? u can do some wbs spend liek 30 minutes u will get maybe 10 boxes that coudl give u from 4-8sd not only that henries gives soem nice sg... the base gives u about 8sd every week, doing NC gives u tokenes which u can exchange for sg... want me to keep going? while exp is hard to get... get ur facts together before talking.

most of this issue could be solved if u turned the x3 exp on. ijs

even for someone like me that doest do much wbs, and stuff i cant play 12 hours this game i get on to pvp, wokr on my char n maybe farm some times, i have 600 sd... just from doing wbs from time to time, there are ppl with 1300 sd on the ranks, im guessing if they hardcore farm wbs it would take em there easy but i cant, hell i even forget to do 1 check in on my main thats how lazy i am to pve ;D

My facts together? I've spent hundreds if not thousands of SG on soul power skills. There is no AFK training for SG, no botting for SG, base gives 3SD a week which manages to cover afk botting potion drinking. And I used to grind WB's all day long, its excessive amounts of farming for something that can be used in a heartbeat. NC tokens for SG? Is that after getting real gold because ain't nobody got time to finish that.

Now I'm looking at having to farm hundreds if not thousands MORE to unlock these new soul power tree skills, which If I had to guess I'll probably hit 90, cap out on soul power, and have to GRIND soul gold just to buy them.

Exp is EASY, but limited daily. Soul Gold is GRINDY and EXTREMELY limited.

Sorry its going to take you years to get 90, I'll be there grinding soul gold in a month or two tops.

TL;DR You can get level 90 afk. You don't get jack for SG afk.