Ideas for upcoming patch..

junglist101
junglist101 Posts: 82 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Suggestion Box
Please realize that with the upcoming update, players may want to change their mainly played character to a blood raider and doing so is hard.

Put in place a means to transfer gems, one where you can trade in bound gems for a unbound version maybe for the first week only after patch? so its a lot easier on person wanting to switch.
This is very reasonable on players and PWE by putting it for a week active players can switch to the Blood Raider and be able to PVP and PVE like their use to and they would still have to spend money on mastery and resistance so its not a "oh we want everything easy post"

Others can post any other suggestions as well

EDIT : they could make it that you exchange bound gems for some token which you can use to mail a blood raider account bound gems only to avoid abuse. would be nice then like say salvage 1 IV / V gem get 1 code for it which you can use to claim the same IV/V gem on a blood raider character only
Post edited by junglist101 on

Comments

• belldemonista
    belldemonista Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree with this idea !!
  • louisaferree
    louisaferree Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    they could make it that you exchange bound gems for some token which you can use to mail a blood raider account bound gems only to avoid abuse. would be nice then like say salvage 1 IV / V gem get 1 code for it which you can use to claim the same IV/V gem on a blood raider character only
  • junglist101
    edited May 2014
    YEA that idea is much better!!!! i will add it to the main post ty lou <3
  • BlackLuster - Eyrda
    BlackLuster - Eyrda Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I do it for the SOSA.
  • Deladriel - Eyrda
    Deladriel - Eyrda Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree, looks like a very good idea. Specially for the ppl that wanna trade mains.
  • edira
    edira Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And at the next anniversary you'll all QQ 'cos you got the gifts on the old main? Also, 'reasonable' and PWE doesn't match at all....
    Server: Dyos - Kindred Fire Mage
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Victadiana - Illyfue
    Victadiana - Illyfue Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    edira wrote: »
    and At The Next Anniversary You'll All Qq 'cos You Got The Gifts On The Old Main? Also, 'reasonable' And Pwe Doesn't Match At All....

+9000
    U know that ARC is **** backward
  • Gwenny - Eyrda
    Gwenny - Eyrda Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    An option for a race to change classes too could work. Some item that let's your character re-pick class. But non-kindred/lycans cannot try bloodraider then so maybe not something that would be wanted atm. Some races only have 1 class :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Gwenny> - Precision Marksman - Eyrda Server
    <Gvanza> - Torture Tormentor - Eyrda Server
    <Gwendolyn> - Bloodwind Bloodraider - Lionheart Server

My FW Videos
    My FW Tumblr
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    Romkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    or better yet how about an account stash? you can put anything in it and any char in that account can pick it up. (excluding check in stuff like attendance cards and the locked boxes.
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • PoPxTart - Lionheart
    PoPxTart - Lionheart Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    that would be indeed very sweet. would love to do that <3
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34718012001&dateline=1429303178[/SIGPIC]

<Forever with AlexejRomanov>
    PoPxTart - lvl 90 Wind Bard
    UsagiDrops - lvl 90 Frost Mage
    LimeBunnie - lvl 90 Divine Priest
  • DoomRaven - Storm Legion
    DoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have 2 awesome ideas, make the war lvl 85 skill stun target for 10 seconds and the lvl 90 skill drain 50% enemy hp each hit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • bsfbf
    bsfbf Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    While the Idea would be good and all even with the restriction, it would still get abused. All the bound gems you can get from check ins on alts and even just from bound gem boxes (through jade gold and soul leaves). Gems would become way to easily farmable for the blood raiders and yeah....

Most players have been around long enough to know anything like this will never happen. Look at it from PWE's standpoint. New Race = new talents and ablities. Most veteran players are BORED out of their MINDS with all the current stuff. This is a HUGE way for PWE to make money. PWE isn't just gunna hand you gems and be like "Oh here, don't worry about it, have a new main." they are also in it for the money. If you want gems and stuff you're gunna have to be realistic about it and either buy them or farm them with your current characters. It may be a pain in the butt getting all those fusion agents etc, but do you honestly think PWE is just gunna let you trade gems? Hasn't happened in the past and doubt they will start now.

P.S This isn't a bash on PWE, just trying to give input on their standings (companies need money to stay afloat)
  • junglist101
    edited May 2014
    as a business they can still make if this is set for lets say first 3 days of the patch or even firs 5? and you limited to sending 32 gems. so if they choose to use lvl 1 gems its a waste..
  • louisaferree
    edited May 2014
    bsfbf wrote: »
    While the Idea would be good and all even with the restriction, it would still get abused. All the bound gems you can get from check ins on alts and even just from bound gem boxes (through jade gold and soul leaves). Gems would become way to easily farmable for the blood raiders and yeah....

Most players have been around long enough to know anything like this will never happen. Look at it from PWE's standpoint. New Race = new talents and ablities. Most veteran players are BORED out of their MINDS with all the current stuff. This is a HUGE way for PWE to make money. PWE isn't just gunna hand you gems and be like "Oh here, don't worry about it, have a new main." they are also in it for the money. If you want gems and stuff you're gunna have to be realistic about it and either buy them or farm them with your current characters. It may be a pain in the butt getting all those fusion agents etc, but do you honestly think PWE is just gunna let you trade gems? Hasn't happened in the past and doubt they will start now.

P.S This isn't a bash on PWE, just trying to give input on their standings (companies need money to stay afloat)

Nope nope and nope.
    first you you aren't gaining new gems you are trading IV/V gems from your current main to your new one. you should only be able to trade 32 gems as mass said and they have to be bound V/IV gems. you still have to pay money for resists besides how many people that have characters with V/IV gems and high resists would give it all up just to start a new character even christabela a somewhat of high cser that was considering a blood raider didn't cause of the costs, so pwe has a choice of minimal profit due to the sheer high cost of gems + resists+ anima or higher profits if they just make it resists + anima ;o. More people would be tempted to go blood raider.
  • nalensmommy
    nalensmommy Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nope nope and nope.
    first you you aren't gaining new gems you are trading IV/V gems from your current main to your new one. you should only be able to trade 32 gems as mass said and they have to be bound V/IV gems. you still have to pay money for resists besides how many people that have characters with V/IV gems and high resists would give it all up just to start a new character even christabela a somewhat of high cser that was considering a blood raider didn't cause of the costs, so pwe has a choice of minimal profit due to the sheer high cost of gems + resists+ anima or higher profits if they just make it resists + anima ;o. More people would be tempted to go blood raider.

I restarted completely from scratch from my old toon to a new one... took me 1 month to hit 80 (and that was half assing it.) at lvl 30 i had 12/12's all the way across the board.... >.> (DID NOT CS for that.. i farmed check ins >.> and of course all those bound SC's helped). I chose to not get wings until 80 even tho i had plenty of gems (still no csing.)

Honestly...It was way easier the second time around because after 3 damn years in this game you know what to do, how to do things and get it done quickly and efficiently if you wanted to. You should know how to do that Louisa :)

I honestly think they shouldn't offer it at all.. They didn't for Lycans what makes a reaper so much more important?

Unless they start offering server transfers i doubt they'll start doing anything special just because OH a new class is out....
  • louisaferree
    edited May 2014
    I restarted completely from scratch from my old toon to a new one... took me 1 month to hit 80 (and that was half assing it.) at lvl 30 i had 12/12's all the way across the board.... >.> (DID NOT CS for that.. i farmed check ins >.> and of course all those bound SC's helped). I chose to not get wings until 80 even tho i had plenty of gems (still no csing.)

Honestly...It was way easier the second time around because after 3 damn years in this game you know what to do, how to do things and get it done quickly and efficiently if you wanted to. You should know how to do that Louisa :)

I honestly think they shouldn't offer it at all.. They didn't for Lycans what makes a reaper so much more important?

Unless they start offering server transfers i doubt they'll start doing anything special just because OH a new class is out....
    so how many new lycan players did your server have? idk but for eyrda 4-5 new lycan players that can amount to anything in pvp. do they want the same for blood raider?
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    so how many new lycan players did your server have? idk but for eyrda 4-5 new lycan players that can amount to anything in pvp. do they want the same for blood raider?

While im not against your idea, if lycans already can challenge i'd say they did a pretty good job catching up, as they should still be behind with anima/sp and most likely the other stuff as well.. I guess what i'm trying to say is that they can catch up but it requires more time as they lack the stuff the "rest of us" got long time ago. Also a new class is alot more appealing than just an additional race. (Lycan=priest/sin which we already have but with minor details changed)

I myself will certainly do an bloodraider alt which I believe to play alot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • louisaferree
    edited May 2014
    While im not against your idea, if lycans already can challenge i'd say they did a pretty good job catching up, as they should still be behind with anima/sp and most likely the other stuff as well.. I guess what i'm trying to say is that they can catch up but it requires more time as they lack the stuff the "rest of us" got long time ago. Also a new class is alot more appealing than just an additional race. (Lycan=priest/sin which we already have but with minor details changed)

I myself will certainly do an bloodraider alt which I believe to play alot.

There are no more 20 leaves merc bogos anyway also catching up isn't the same due to 90 cap it's not that u catch up with same gear you need to catch up to IV gem then get V gems. at lycan others werent progressing as much as they will progress now. so it's easier to catch up when your catch is static while at blood raider people will be getting V gems lvling to 90 cap and doing the new sp tree. Just face it there will be no OP blood raider unless someone super major cs given the new prices and stuff. I just don't see any sane cser with there right mind to just casually dump a 15k usd csed char to have to cs 20k usd (cause everything more expensive now) for an equally as good char lol.
  • DoomRaven - Storm Legion
    DoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A Lycan priest / sin has nothing to do with a blood reaper, the class has potential to compete without being maxed on SP and anima junk... and I give it a few months for some people to make an average one and this thread will be ignored... Do you think they would ever do such thing? The point of a new class is to make you spend even more money, bring old players back for a fresh start and make current players give up on their actual char they spent alot and respent on the new class. Besides lots of things will become even easier to obtain / achieve, why do you think they put the rest of V gems in charge rewards? Crystallines, Twillights etc...? It's a sign things will be way easier with upcoming patch and they are trying to suck as much money as possible atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • VyXantia - Lionheart
    VyXantia - Lionheart Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Imagine they did allow us to trade our gems to a new Blood Raider for the first 3 days... then after we played the class for a while, we realized that we enjoyed our old class much better... OMFG that would suck!!!

So while I really like your idea... I'd take it one step further. The main reason I suggest this isn't to save us money... but to save us the tedious grinding to Lv80... running the same quests... doing the same gear upgrades... blah, blah, blah...

I'd ask PWE to sell a "Change Ur Race/Class Token" in the Boutique... and price it high, so they're still making money each time we change.

These Tokens would just swap your current race, class and gear set (including current gear fortification and gems), for the same ones for your new class... and you'd keep everything else the same... including your Mastery/Resistance points and your SoulPower upgrades.

You'd still have to pay to:

Reforge, reID and transmute stats to your new gear.

Buy or make new rings, necklaces and off-hands.

Earn all your new class's Skill Scrolls.

Re-allot your current mastery/resist points, to support your new class skills.

Update your SP with new runes for your class.

Update your Pet or Pet buffs, if they no longer support your new class.

Buy a new Mount, if you were previously using a racial mount and you changed races.

Then players may try different classes without losing their gear, gems, masteries or resists... until they find the class/race they enjoy the most... and they'd always be free to switch again if they get bored or if a new class/race comes out.

It wouldn't be cheap... but the option would be there and PWE would still be making money every time we switched.
    CSers are needed to financially support the game,
    Non-CSers are needed to expand the player base,
    Both are equally important to the game.

So don't be hatin'... :)
  • katjared
    katjared Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about No. Want to play new class? Then spend the time/money to develop it. Don't ask to transfer gems/mastery w/e from an old char to a new one because new one has more potential.
    This update makes things already easy. What is next? Ask PWE to give us full geared characters in the cs?
  • junglist101
    edited May 2014
    katjared wrote: »
    How about No. Want to play new class? Then spend the time/money to develop it. Don't ask to transfer gems/mastery w/e from an old char to a new one because new one has more potential.
    This update makes things already easy. What is next? Ask PWE to give us full geared characters in the cs?

ignorance is bliss............... Its a smart business move on their half too, when you give this option it will make more players switch more people that switch; two venues for money :
    1 mastery and resistance plus transferring etc of the new char
    2 if people don't like it they will have to go back to old main being that the gem transfer is only first 3 days they have to re gem that SO win win both sides on money.

They can even make it so that you have to pay 2k leaves and gives you a book that takes your gems and allow you to transfer them to a Blood Raider ONLY
  • louisaferree
    edited May 2014

Well you are saying No to having a well geared blood raider. Will be funny to see people trying to start a new one and failing miserably to catch up to anyone my lvl of gear.
  • katjared
    edited May 2014

ignorance is bliss............... Its a smart business move on their half too, when you give this option it will make more players switch more people that switch; two venues for money :
    1 mastery and resistance plus transferring etc of the new char
    2 if people don't like it they will have to go back to old main being that the gem transfer is only first 3 days they have to re gem that SO win win both sides on money.

They can even make it so that you have to pay 2k leaves and gives you a book that takes your gems and allow you to transfer them to a Blood Raider ONLY

ignorance? smart business move? ...what u are asking needs special coding and changes in data base(changes they already had difficulties whit) Do you think they would ever go thru all this just so a hand full of bored players get to change? China does not have this we won't either. Get used to the idea that if u want to play new class u will do it the old fashion way. They don't even offer server transfers, every cs event fails and you want them to add such a complicated procedure?

How about next time you have an idea like this you think if it's a viable option. And don't you worry about PWE's business plan they have made enough money and will continue to make more. They won't need us to help them whit that.
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    katjared... please stop being an ****. You can disagree with the opinion/suggestion, but being a condescending jerk just makes you look like... well a jerky ****.

I would like what Mass is suggesting, even knowing it would be difficult to produce. It would help a lot. CN doesn't have these features, but they also have a much better economy and playerbase to better help rerolling (to a new char or new server etc).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tyerian - Storm Legion
    Tyerian - Storm Legion Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The entire thread is a SUGGESTION box - that's all it is, somethings are plausible some are not, but everyone is allowed to make suggestions on what they think might benefit themselves or others.

Definitely no need to be rude about it
  • katjared
    edited May 2014
    katjared... please stop being an ****. You can disagree with the opinion/suggestion, but being a condescending jerk just makes you look like... well a jerky ****.

I would like what Mass is suggesting, even knowing it would be difficult to produce. It would help a lot. CN doesn't have these features, but they also have a much better economy and playerbase to better help rerolling (to a new char or new server etc).

How about you don't insult me. Since i did not insult you. I have an opinion and chose to be blunt. Got a problem whit that? If yes then have the decency to at least not insult me. Because that does not make you look any better.
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about you don't insult me. Since i did not insult you. I have an opinion and chose to be blunt. Got a problem whit that? If yes then have the decency to at least not insult me. Because that does not make you look any better.

You weren't just blunt - you were rude and condescending. I was being blunt with you on how you appear due to your actions - you looked like a jerkhole. Can't tolerate someone being harsh with you back? Well suck it up.

Either way, please stop rolling around in this thread, as will I. You gave your opinion, and it's clear enough. It's time we stop bothering Mass's thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]