Couple of Questions regarding this days patch..

rays321
rays321 Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Question 1

Return button @ login screen making quit game.Before it used to take user to login account screen.Is it intentional or bug..plz need info on this

Question 2

Im pretty sure there was no lvl requirement at Otis to exchange items with tof.Now it says reequired lvl 60-90.there was no information given about this earlier.any reason for lvl requirement
for tof exchanges.

ty for answers
Post edited by rays321 on
«1

Comments

  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Question 2 i assume it is to cut mass creating of alts "abusing" check-in.
    If you level'd it to lv 60 at least you put some of work into the character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

    New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    Romkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Question 2 i assume it is to cut mass creating of alts "abusing" check-in.
    If you level'd it to lv 60 at least you put some of work into the character.

    this isnt quite accurate considering i have use a lvl 56 alt bard for check ins and exchanged attendance cards at otis.
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • ILikeBigGu - Illyfue
    ILikeBigGu - Illyfue Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    this isnt quite accurate considering i have use a lvl 56 alt bard for check ins and exchanged attendance cards at otis.

    Yes and attendance card don't have that requirement so that's not so weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credits to BerenOneHand for the awesome sig

    New arena video (2015/05/01):
    youtube.com/watch?v=o3_ds-W-Hpo
  • minuis
    minuis Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Can't log in any alts.....When I exit main to log in alt, screen crashes to desktop....Please fix this.
  • DoomRaven - Storm Legion
    DoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    glad all my 40 chars are over 60 xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion
    CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The return button on clients to go back to the login screen no longer goes back to the login screen but instead closes the client...seriously guys?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    True Darkness
    80 sin played since idk..sometime 2012
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    minuis wrote: »
    Can't log in any alts.....When I exit main to log in alt, screen crashes to desktop....Please fix this.

    Left a message for the staff to look at when they get online.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

    sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The return button on clients to go back to the login screen no longer goes back to the login screen but instead closes the client...seriously guys?

    I left a message for the staff to look at when they get online.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

    sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • Accuzon - Eyrda
    Accuzon - Eyrda Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rays321 wrote: »
    Question 1

    Return button @ login screen making quit game.Before it used to take user to login account screen.Is it intentional or bug..plz need info on this

    Question 2

    Im pretty sure there was no lvl requirement at Otis to exchange items with tof.Now it says reequired lvl 60-90.there was no information given about this earlier.any reason for lvl requirement
    for tof exchanges.

    ty for answers

    Sigh, everything to make life a little harder
    Now they have cut my ability to make even my miserly 2-3g a day down. Well thanks alot.
  • shirogrin
    shirogrin Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Don't mind me, came here just to rage a bit <3
    Cause its kind of nonsense...
    As lowb lover who was 45 for half year and now planned to make another low lvl but on other server, how am I supposed to transfer 40-50 gear huh? Or do simply anything. Also other things which are usefull on low lvls are 60+ now.
    Book of faith- useable from lvl30, pickable from 60. Because you cant lvl fast, go get stuck @ 38, then 42 with no dailies and henries as newb with no friends (I aint making those because of reasons!).
    Pet Journey scrolls- nope, dont need at all at low lvls on dead server where nobody does gt. Lvling is too easy anyway... oh wait! (Im not sorry for sarcasm, update deserves it)
    Extract scrolls- and again, if I want to farm arena on pretty low lvl I can not get those so I have to go straight for gems I plan to use later because I can not remove them till 60 (ofc there are other ways to get them but Im picky and like to waste tofs ok?!)
    Fashion re-id items- ok thats silly, but ok, Ill run on my lowb with double mana ids, thats fine.
    SD/SF- as above, if I want to make my alt on serv I know nobody and dont want to risk losing my tof trading it to some 60+ person, I can not transfer 40-50 so... thats sweet. Well... I could if its same quality and I csed... Thats what you want me to do! I knew that!

    End the nonsense please and change it from 60-90 to 30-90.
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shirogrin wrote: »
    Don't mind me, came here just to rage a bit <3
    Cause its kind of nonsense...
    As lowb lover who was 45 for half year and now planned to make another low lvl but on other server, how am I supposed to transfer 40-50 gear huh? Or do simply anything. Also other things which are usefull on low lvls are 60+ now.
    Book of faith- useable from lvl30, pickable from 60. Because you cant lvl fast, go get stuck @ 38, then 42 with no dailies and henries as newb with no friends (I aint making those because of reasons!).
    Pet Journey scrolls- nope, dont need at all at low lvls on dead server where nobody does gt. Lvling is too easy anyway... oh wait! (Im not sorry for sarcasm, update deserves it)
    Extract scrolls- and again, if I want to farm arena on pretty low lvl I can not get those so I have to go straight for gems I plan to use later because I can not remove them till 60 (ofc there are other ways to get them but Im picky and like to waste tofs ok?!)
    Fashion re-id items- ok thats silly, but ok, Ill run on my lowb with double mana ids, thats fine.
    SD/SF- as above, if I want to make my alt on serv I know nobody and dont want to risk losing my tof trading it to some 60+ person, I can not transfer 40-50 so... thats sweet. Well... I could if its same quality and I csed... Thats what you want me to do! I knew that!

    End the nonsense please and change it from 60-90 to 30-90.

    simple solution: buy from ur main and trade to ur alt? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shirogrin
    shirogrin Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    simple solution: buy from ur main and trade to ur alt? xD

    Can not >_> I just moved on different serv, got no 60+ chars here xD
  • jhkx123
    jhkx123 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I too want an answer for question 1 posted by the OP... Whereby we used to be able to logout to the login screen instead of exit from the game completely.. what happened to it? why remove progress?
  • VelvetStrike - Illyfue
    VelvetStrike - Illyfue Posts: 1,126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    shirogrin wrote: »
    Can not >_> I just moved on different serv, got no 60+ chars here xD

    then ask some1 you trust or lvl up a nab for trading purposes, takes like 1 day :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rays321
    rays321 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    for question 2 i can understand what ever their business strategy to implement,its their decision but im rellay want to know the answer for question 1.Is is intentional or just a bug ?
  • shirogrin
    shirogrin Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    then ask some1 you trust or lvl up a nab for trading purposes, takes like 1 day :D

    Boo booo but I don't want. I want it changed to 30-90 xD
  • Spankmenow - Lionheart
    Spankmenow - Lionheart Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Did nobody seriously notice the new tab that the stuff from otis is on?
    It's on the "Skill" tab now.
    The only reason the skill tab was added before was because the lycan level 60 skills from their tutors were glitched (It's been fixed for awhile).
    The skills had a "You have to be level 60 rule" on them.

    My thoughts? Either putting everything on the "Skill" tab was a mistake. Or they forgot to take away the level requirement for that tab.

    ijs. bored-cheetah-emoticon.gif?1302786122
    <Forever With Freezatron>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • astilakinx
    astilakinx Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gonna fix this annoying **** return = exit **** or what? Not going to go to that garbage arc every time I wanna log in an alt. Seriously, can you people get anything right?
  • lolnotyfg
    lolnotyfg Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jhkx123 wrote: »
    I too want an answer for question 1 posted by the OP... Whereby we used to be able to logout to the login screen instead of exit from the game completely.. what happened to it? why remove progress?

    It is functioning normally for me (standalone client updated using Steam)
  • InfectedAs - Eyrda
    InfectedAs - Eyrda Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    its a total fail update with having to open a new gam client every time your crash or change accounts.
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can kind of understand both decisions--ToF trade limit to discourage check ins (not that it'll help much come the 90s patch since leveling to 70 gets a lot easier) and the logging out thing to ensure you go through Arc.

    I won't say much about the ToFs thing since I'm not entirely sure if it's a bug yet, but the logging function being disabled seems to be a deliberate choice. Not being able to switch accounts easily is very very annoying, especially for us who plays more than one character almost all the time--logging in and out of Arc takes longer than in the client itself, I find. Crashing and DC'ing just got a little more involved too, which sucks.
  • rays321
    rays321 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PPl are playing fw with out arc.Its no big secret,every1 knows about this.But making quit the game when user just want to change accounts,i dont understand how its gonna make ppl use of ARC.plz fix this..
  • viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rays321 wrote: »
    i dont understand how its gonna make ppl use of ARC.

    People who use the workaround isn't as affected, but those who do use ARC will have to open it up and launch another instance every time they switch. I guess that boosts their 'ARC usage statistic' or something.

    The main thing that I'm annoyed about is if you type in the wrong password, the client quits. WHY?! I have butterfingers, don't hold it against me.
  • kiheiji
    kiheiji Posts: 54
    edited May 2014
    My response to the change as described in #1 is simply to quit the game. With so many others having left recently (many because of arc) and seeing how badly PWE is handling this (for example, this change in arc as described), I am left to conclude that PWE has little interest in making the game a good experience for the players. Until I find some POSTIVE changes for once, I just don't even see this game as being worth the time I would invest in it. I came back a month or two ago because I had heard that some new stuff and come out and that more was coming soon, but the new stuff I saw wasn't exciting to me, and there are too many negative things like arc that more than outweigh the positive changes since I last left.

    Not to diss those who still continue to play, but I think you maybe be hanging on to a sinking ship.
  • Ronyon - Storm Legion
    Ronyon - Storm Legion Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not sure if this is related or not:

    In game when you click Quit on the System Menu, it had two options. One was close the other was go to the login screen. I thought it was really nice when they added that. Now it only closes again.


    Were these two things changed because of the Arc multi-client stuff?
  • _Humpriest - Illyfue
    _Humpriest - Illyfue Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    viiix wrote: »
    The main thing that I'm annoyed about is if you type in the wrong password, the client quits. WHY?! I have butterfingers, don't hold it against me.

    I just found this out today and it's just plain wrong and annoying! Seems to me that all what was done was making the logout feature quit the game instead,even when the game force logouts you (which happens when you mistype the username/pass). Wonder what it's like to DC with this little update...
  • CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion
    CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I just found this out today and it's just plain wrong and annoying! Seems to me that all what was done was making the logout feature quit the game instead,even when the game force logouts you (which happens when you mistype the username/pass). Wonder what it's like to DC with this little update...
    Return button closes the client,wrong info closes the client,disconnecting closes the client and also it does this on the work around too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    True Darkness
    80 sin played since idk..sometime 2012
  • enfee
    enfee Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And Click on return buttom to do it .It closes the game
    So I have to open a new client each time.
    Cna this be fixed please? ty
  • rays321
    rays321 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its been couple of days since thread started and none of the authorised persons even interested to answer the questions. *+1 to public communication*
  • MelodicFlare - Lionheart
    MelodicFlare - Lionheart Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was just wondering if it's just me or if anyone's having a problem where they can no longer go back to the return screen after logging out of one account to log into another with the same game client up. Ever since last Wednesday's maintenance, I haven't been able to use the same game client to log into all my accounts. Instead, the Return button at the bottom of the screen closese the entire game out and you have to relog into each account one at a time to pull the client up for each character. I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem but I seem to be having it as well as my sister. Just bringing this to anyone's attention who has the same problem.
    Play to the rhythm of your soul.