Post ARC-Integration Feedback Thread [UPDATED]

Comments

• Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    Aeonnix - Storm Legion Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First of all, I dont like ARC simply because i think its completely unnecessary and it does not in any way enhance my gameplay.

Second of all, I like being efficient and with ARC you've managed to make it more time consuming to get into the game than pre-ARC. A friend of mine likes to say "thats one click too many".

BEFORE

1. Run patcher
    2. Hit Start (on patcher)
    3. Log in to game
    4. Play game

(or only 3 steps if you ran game.exe directly)

AFTER

1. Run ARC
    2. Log in to ARC
    3. Click Library
    4. Click FW
    5. Wait for patcher to load to click START (lol why??)
    6. Log in to game
    7. Play game

You've added 3 more steps for us to get to the game instead of making it easier and more user friendly. Also if you'd like to argue that I'd need to run ARC in the background all the time to avoid first 2 steps, no thanks. I dont let Steam run when I dont play games on Steam and same will be with ARC. I like my comp resources as free as possible.

Strange. Sounds like a first time thing. My steps currently go:

1. Run Arc (I close Arc whenever I'm not playing the game)
    2. Click FW
    3. Click Start on launcher
    4. Select server
    5. Select character
    6. Play game

Overall for me, Arc didn't add any step because before Arc:

1. Run launcher
    2. Click start
    3. Select server
    4. Log in
    5. Select character
    6. Play game

My Arc is setup to where I don't have to log in at all. I start up Arc already logged in, plus the game bypasses the log in screen and goes straight from the server select screen to the character select screen.

You mentioned you had to click on Library. For me, it's already at Library.

This is merely to illustrate that some people's experiences with Arc is better than others. I'm using myself as an example (or perhaps an idea of how Arc is supposed to be as opposed what it is to a lot of people).

Also, it should be noted that Arc is planning in the distant future (not even sure it will happen) to get rid of the game launcher. Removing step 3 aka your step 5. I don't know how they're currently progressing on that. Say, would this be the right thread to ask about that? My curious mind would like to know.
    Light Bards: Half the calories of regular bards.
  • Lyriss - Illyfue
    Lyriss - Illyfue Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ARC useless program that runs in the background while i am playing eating my RAM for NO reason. I dont often post on forums as u can see :P but this is seriously going too far. FORCING us to use something so unecessary for gameplay just because you said so....Also at least fix the multiclienting BEFORE you force this change on us....Lately all that is happening in FW is only negative and i am sure i am not the only one starting to think of moving on even though i have been palying this game for 3 years but there is just nothing to look forward to anymore. Instead you say you are removing star diamonds from CS, well even better good going....
    I HATE ARC
  • Nanali - Storm Legion
    Nanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Strange. Sounds like a first time thing. My steps currently go:

1. Run Arc (I close Arc whenever I'm not playing the game)
    2. Click FW
    3. Click Start on launcher
    4. Select server
    5. Select character
    6. Play game

Overall for me, Arc didn't add any step because before Arc:

1. Run launcher
    2. Click start
    3. Select server
    4. Log in
    5. Select character
    6. Play game

My Arc is setup to where I don't have to log in at all. I start up Arc already logged in, plus the game bypasses the log in screen and goes straight from the server select screen to the character select screen.

You mentioned you had to click on Library. For me, it's already at Library.

This is merely to illustrate that some people's experiences with Arc is better than others. I'm using myself as an example (or perhaps an idea of how Arc is supposed to be as opposed what it is to a lot of people).

Also, it should be noted that Arc is planning in the distant future (not even sure it will happen) to get rid of the game launcher. Removing step 3 aka your step 5. I don't know how they're currently progressing on that. Say, would this be the right thread to ask about that? My curious mind would like to know.

You're right, i went to check again and it does log you directly in the game if you launch trough ARC. I've never used patcher at all, because i dislike the waiting period you need to go trough for the patcher to check if theres a new update.

Having always logged in directly trough game.exe, Im used to speedy login which you cant reproduce trough ARC at all, unless they remove the patcher part... Even then I doubt it would be faster XD

I get Steam, you can play many games on there (single and multiplayer) and its nice to have a library with all games, but as far as I know PWE only has online multiplayer games which honestly I dont see people dedicating their time to more than one or two... so why do we need a library oriented program for just one game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stephan5533
    stephan5533 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    please make it very clear if and when duel client will be abailable. If you do not fix this, you will loose most of your loyal players. Let us know asap. ppl are already very mad about this.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING
  • PowMaster - Nyos
    PowMaster - Nyos Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Arc. is **** and slow's a lot down on gameplay, lagg like crazy, no dual client, annoying cuse the way we use to play is gone... and your be supprised that ppl leave this game..? Always probplems with this game.. non cs'ers can't build there chars due the dual. It's more a loss then a benefit.
    SOOOOooooooooo PPPPlllllllzzzzzzz... Cuse don't wanne wait every hour for my mail sendings to get items trade...
  • KommanderLufty - Lionheart
    KommanderLufty - Lionheart Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ARC useless program that runs in the background while i am playing eating my RAM for NO reason. I dont often post on forums as u can see :P but this is seriously going too far. FORCING us to use something so unecessary for gameplay just because you said so....Also at least fix the multiclienting BEFORE you force this change on us....Lately all that is happening in FW is only negative and i am sure i am not the only one starting to think of moving on even though i have been palying this game for 3 years but there is just nothing to look forward to anymore. Instead you say you are removing star diamonds from CS, well even better good going....
    I HATE ARC

I completely agree with this commenter.

I did try ARC, but noticed an incredibly negative impact to gameplay - movement was laggy and graphics were terrible, and nothing I did fixed that, even though I was only running one client. This was incredibly infuriating after being forced to use a game launcher to launch the single title of yours that I play and being unable to dual-client.

I completely uninstalled ARC and FW, deleted all files, and re-installed everything through Steam. After a little effort, I was able to restore my ability to dual-client, and I am happy again. The game runs fluidly on both clients.

I do not want to play any other PWE titles if PWE is going to force me to use ARC. I was curious about a few of them, but with this sort of customer experience, I am completely turned off. If you force me to use this Steam ripoff game launcher, I will simply uninstall FW and take my casher **** to another game. You obviously do not want my money.

I am curious, though. You tell us that this is supposed to improve our game experience. Can you please explain, in detail, what about this ARC client is supposed to improve our game experience? Sell me on this thing. You're doing a terrible job of it right now.
  • womdon
    womdon Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I do not want to play any other PWE titles if PWE is going to force me to use ARC. I was curious about a few of them, but with this sort of customer experience, I am completely turned off. If you force me to use this Steam ripoff game launcher, I will simply uninstall FW and take my casher **** to another game. You obviously do not want my money.

I am curious, though. You tell us that this is supposed to improve our game experience. Can you please explain, in detail, what about this ARC client is supposed to improve our game experience? Sell me on this thing. You're doing a terrible job of it right now.

Improve our game experience? That's marketing fluff. They're trying to create an additional revenue stream. If they can build arc to the point steam is at (pipe dream, but whatever) then they can use it to try to sell additional games / in-game stuff and make side money from advertisements.

Since they have what essentially is a 'captive audience' with our game community, we're being herded into having to use it if we want to play our game. Thus they now have people utilizing their steam alternative whereas no one would pay attention to it if they tried to start it up without this kind of tactic.

Answer = Money.

Unfortunately it seems like this is about to backfire since the playerbase is so annoyed with this move. This sucks, because I like FW and would hate to see it depopulated even more.
  • beizu
    beizu Posts: 0
    edited April 2014
    Although I like the idea of these Steam-like platforms (ie: being able to check the forums, click a button right to the side to launch your game, and talk to friends all in the same place), I am not pleased.

I doubt that anyone who works at PWE would want to use Arc in its current state.
    If Arc was fixed, then I would be more happy to use it.

I've been struggling with Steam and Arc, and it seems that if I want to continue playing FW (don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy the game), I will have to choose the lesser of two evils.

Unfortunately, I've been having a boatload of problems today (waste of my time), I don't even know how I managed to log on yesterday...

Steam does not want to cooperate with me. It is not responding. I can't imagine how frustrated people who are blocked from using Steam feel.
    Arc was being a pain in the butt to login with until a few minutes ago for me. I couldn't log in for a very long time even though I was entering my info correctly. I even tried resetting my password and creating another account just to test this to no avail.

I will admit, Arc is more visually appealing than Steam (to me, at least). I also find it easier to use.

On a side note, I still can't login to the main site. I had to log in to the forums through the Arc client (took a long time, but it worked) instead of my internet browser.

I do not like how Arc works, and I still can't wrap my head around the idea of how or why you decided to force such a fishy client on players. Not a good move at the time, but I don't really care as long as things are fixed soon. Not months from now, SOON.
  • KommanderLufty - Lionheart
    KommanderLufty - Lionheart Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    womdon wrote: »
    Improve our game experience? That's marketing fluff. They're trying to create an additional revenue stream. If they can build arc to the point steam is at (pipe dream, but whatever) then they can use it to try to sell additional games / in-game stuff and make side money from advertisements.

I work in software and am responsible for PR and marketing, myself, so I am well aware of the real reasons behind this move. I am asking them to give me detail on how this benefits their players. Because the attrition from this poorly managed migration and campaign are going to kill them if they're not careful.
  • EvilSheep - Illyfue
    EvilSheep - Illyfue Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm pretty sure sparkiefluff or whatever her name was has left the building, after I asked a question she can't dodge with vague answers and stupid links to crappy ARC presents that noone gives a **** about... xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ★ EvilSheep® - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ★ ~
    Lv80 Divine Priest - Lv80 Wind Bard - Lv80 Frost Mage
    Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Because my Vamp comes with her own Theme Song.
    I'm not amoosed by the default forum font.
  • r0tselene
    r0tselene Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    womdon wrote: »
    Improve our game experience? That's marketing fluff. (...)

This.

ARC has not, in anyway, improved my gaming experience; in fact, I crash more often now, I'm always lagging, no matter WHAT I do, I have trouble going into the game, MUCH LESS INSTANCES.

Not enough feedback? How's this?

orMlwXQ.png

THIS is a screen shot of my ARC gaming experience. There was no editing, no alteration; I can't even see the freaking skill bars at the sides or below not to mention the log out button; that's right, I had to CTRL+Shift+ESC and END THE PROCESS. How am I supposed to play like this?

I DID NOT DUMP MONEY INTO THIS GAME FOR 3 YEARS JUST TO HAVE THIS GAME LOOK LIKE THIS.

I'm getting sick and tired of PWE staff asking us for feedback and not listening to their players. If you're going to do whatever the hell you want in the end anyway, why ask? Seriously.

GET RID OF ARC OR YOU WILL LOSE WHAT LITTLE PLAYERBASE YOU STILL HAVE.

I for one, if I don't see ARC removed by the next patch, I'm uninstalling this game and moving to a private server; they handle things much more efficiently, they communicate with the players (something this company unfortunately doesn't EVER do) and best of all?

Some of the private servers have already stated they will NEVER, EVER use ARC and will work around it. Big bonus? It's playable!

This is your last chance, PWE. Think about it.
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    r0tselene wrote: »
    This.

ARC has not, in anyway, improved my gaming experience; in fact, I crash more often now, I'm always lagging, no matter WHAT I do, I have trouble going into the game, MUCH LESS INSTANCES.

orMlwXQ.png

THIS is a screen shot of my ARC gaming experience. There was no editing, no alteration; I can't even see the freaking skill bars at the sides or below not to mention the log out button; that's right, I had to CTRL+Shift+ESC and END THE PROCESS. How am I supposed to play like this?

I DID NOT DUMP MONEY INTO THIS GAME FOR 3 YEARS JUST TO HAVE THIS GAME LOOK LIKE THIS.

I'm getting sick and tired of PWE staff asking us for feedback and not listening to their players. If you're going to do whatever the hell you want in the end anyway, why ask? Seriously.

I for one, if I don't see ARC removed by the next patch, I'm uninstalling this game and moving to a private server; they handle things much more efficiently, they communicate with the players (something this company unfortunately doesn't EVER do) and best of all?

Some of the private servers have already stated they will NEVER, EVER use ARC and will work around it. Big bonus? It's playable!

Chances are really low that they will get rid of ARC. Work on fixing it? Yes. Get rid of it? Not likely. A lot of time and money was invested in it to just kick it to the curb. As for your screenshot, is this something that happens every time you log in? Have you tried the verification process?
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    edited April 2014
    r0tselene wrote: »
    This.

orMlwXQ.png

Wow. It's like you had a bad download or something. That's not normal for Arc. Definitely something on your end.
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You want feedback? Here you go.

Regarding Arc:
    It's a buggy, pointless, piece of ****, that does little more than adware.
    I installed Arc a couple weeks ago, before this recent patch, to try it out and, as people have said for MONTHS, it doesn't improve anything for the game.

During development, we were told that it would be replacing the patcher/laucher and make it easier to start the game. As Nanali described, all Arc did was add some steps. You didn't replace anything, you created a launcher... to launch... a launcher, GG.

Regarding the staff:
    By releasing this program and this patch, you have cemented what many of us previously joked about; you don't give a **** about the player base; your customers.

We've known for MONTHS that Arc doesn't support dual clienting. We've known for MONTHS that this program is useless. The players have begged you not to do this. You have purposely ****ed us with this program. Then made this thread like you're turning our head around to see the look in our faces as you plow this game into the ground.

If you really gave a rat's **** about this game or your customers, you'd grow a pair and tell whoever is forcing this program, "Hey, maybe this isn't a good idea right now. Maybe we should fix it first."
  • Isock - Eyrda
    Isock - Eyrda Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    this thing uses way too many procces, why?

CxcbEXl.jpg?1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    edited April 2014
    this thing uses way too many procces, why?

CxcbEXl.jpg?1

It uses three. One for the program. One for the browser capabilities. One for the in-game overlay.

If you're still asking why after that, then it becomes a question I'd be curious about as well.
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited April 2014
    okei, why can't close ArcSOoverlay? it has been up for a while after i closed arc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nerfdis - Eyrda
    Nerfdis - Eyrda Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Chances are really low that they will get rid of ARC. Work on fixing it? Yes. Get rid of it? Not likely. A lot of time and money was invested in it to just kick it to the curb. As for your screenshot, is this something that happens every time you log in? Have you tried the verification process?

Yes, its good to know where some of the money we spent in the cash shop went. Now that I know that it was wasted on introducing a platform that brings nothing to my gaming experience and is causing even more players to quit I rest assured that my decision to stop cash shopping was the right one.
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yes, its good to know where some of the money we spent in the cash shop went. Now that I know that it was wasted on introducing a platform that brings nothing to my gaming experience and is causing even more players to quit I rest assured that my decision to stop cash shopping was the right one.

I believe most of the money made through this game goes toward keeping the game running and such (Don't quote me, I don't work for the company, just a speculation). A percentage may go toward PWE as a whole, but yeah. Of course when first introduced a system is gonna be buggy. I don't know how their testing process works, but I do know some issues on the test server can't be reproduced or simply don't show up. This could be the case with some of the ARC issues as well.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    edited April 2014
    okei, why can't close ArcSOoverlay? it has been up for a while after i closed arc

The overlay is embedded into the game. It would stay after Arc is closed (though I wonder how you managed to close Arc with the game still up... I don't think you're supposed to do that).
  • lorditchybunz69
    lorditchybunz69 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Heres the last feedback you will have from me , between me and my girl we own 4 accounts and have CSed on all 4 of them. We updated and used your ARC abomination and have come to the conclusion.

1. its garbage
    2. you knew this already and gave it to us anyways
    3. this feedback forum is a waste of time and effort because NOTHING will be done about it
    4. the only way to hurt you is to hurt your wallet.

In conclusion you have just lost 4 PAYING customers in one swoop(unfortunately I cant get back the 3 grand I wasted on a game that the devs and admins dont care about the player base)

And to be perfectly honest I hope I am just the beginning of the player loss.

Good Bye Forgotten World (formerly known as forsaken world) enjoy your empty servers
  • Isock - Eyrda
    edited April 2014
    The overlay is embedded into the game. It would stay after Arc is closed (though I wonder how you managed to close Arc with the game still up... I don't think you're supposed to do that).

i closed the game and arc, that thing keep around for a while, i could not close it but ended after some minutes on its own
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    edited April 2014
    i closed the game and arc, that thing keep around for a while, i could not close it but ended after some minutes on its own

Ok. As long as it closed like its supposed to. Though I never tested to see if that's normal or not.
  • ZeitGhost - Lionheart
    ZeitGhost - Lionheart Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I can't say ARC has added anything positive to FW. It just took away my ability to multi-client, which ruins my farming and dailies routine. I have to agree with nearly everyone else here that it's a pointless program, whatever its intentions are.

But the worst of it is that it shows without doubt that the people running this game are incapable of responding to the wants and needs of their customers. You released a flawed product that you knew disabled a key game feature, and didn't officially ask for our feedback until after you forced us to use it. Understandably, you can't let the cries of a few trolls determine what you do with the game. But to ignore the strong protests of your most loyal players is dumb and disrespectful to us.

As much as I have enjoyed this game, I'm not motivated to play any more when it means logging in to this bs (dead server, no ability to multi-client anything, complete apathy from the gm's). This is much more disappointing than Nova Pack, imo, because this is more wilful and insulting. I hope this community's unanimous feedback is being passed on to whoever decided to force the ARC integration despite its problems.
  • JesusXtian - Illyfue
    JesusXtian - Illyfue Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ARC defines a hostile relationship between player and pwe company. for years, we had interwoven with dual client. Then along came a bandit ARC and steal our gameplay. forcing us to brace for a stupid future changes. You guys are already aware of arc the notoriety it gains. remember how you write it in forum "Infamous arc integration".
    somehow out of your consciousness you push it through. Man with all those negative feedback from players ringing in your ears, players are hanging in a balance then you take a decision and blows it. uh..uh
    Anyway whats the theme of this arc integration? "Sham is the victory" lol, would that be
    magnificient for you to have this infamy achievement?

Well if you have sympathy for me, how can u help me with this annoying example i had just encounter. (lets assumed Arc is untouched to work with mc)

-transferring some of your unbound stuff to your alt. the only way to do that is by mailing and wait another hour. how cumbersome would that be.
    -vending, we dont want to vend while missing wb hunting, henry dailys etch..

when it comes to arc im not taking the high road here, but if ever they do nothing about it
    and arc remains to be, then anything we say beyond this point is useless.
    ---peace the f*** out--
  • LordHerpes - Illyfue
    LordHerpes - Illyfue Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if you think we remotely care about any of the free stuff and redeem codes and whatever else Arc has to offer, rethink... Every perk pales in comparison to what ARC puts us through.

"You should only have to log into Arc in order to play." ? Lemme underline and put it in bold, we do not want to have to run a bloatware
    on our background while we "try" to play a game with our gear overheating and slowing down cos of it. Not ARC, not Steam, not anything... We just wanna run the client like we used to...

We, the community and the community of all the other PWE games have explicitly stated in millions of threads in many forums over a period longer than a year that we in no way want to move to a platform (ARC) in order to be able to play our games. We explicitly said WE DON'T WANT IT. We said it back when it was still in it's early works (not that it has come a long way or anything, it's still the primal junk it was back then). When it was barely a project... When you still had the chance to call it off...

Why have you ignored us and go through with it anyway? :)

YEa would liketo know answers 2 what OP asking
  • SirReaver - Storm Legion
    SirReaver - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Not sure if this is me or if it applies to multiple people but my list of characters displayed for redeeming codes is really outdated. I don't even have my Main toon in the list yet have other's I've deleted countless months ago. Could Arc or PWE DO something about this because clearly their information on my account for Forsaken World is wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eclipsev2
    eclipsev2 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i cant play the game anymore i get dc every 5 minutes.

this is just hilarious to keep arc running while the whole customers dont want it.

IF i would do this in my job i would get fired.

Keep up the great work

Btw i hope u replace the lvl2 gems with lvl3 gems in boutique for same price after new patch
    i dont want to charge 10k eur to get my wings.

TYVM
  • PoPxTart - Lionheart
    PoPxTart - Lionheart Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ARC sucks. get rid of it.u will never get a positive feedback from anyone for this ****...
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34718012001&dateline=1429303178[/SIGPIC]

<Forever with AlexejRomanov>
    PoPxTart - lvl 90 Wind Bard
    UsagiDrops - lvl 90 Frost Mage
    LimeBunnie - lvl 90 Divine Priest
  • pvpnoobie
    pvpnoobie Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Honestly I dont really see how arc is ruining everyone's lives...I for one am happy. Ping went down from 375 to 275...might be because less people playing but loving it atm.

Another possitive is that I have seen more people play together and not be dependent of their alts, it was fun doing wades with 6 people there haha, havent seen that in ages.

My computer is about 6 years old and seems to be running perfect, maybe cause it's a vista ^-^.

Downside is that my alt is not getting overnight SP, that might explain why ping is a bit low too.

PC is not overheating with arc on the background, while botting Im usually watching netflix and/or using raidcall but it's all the same, no lag or anything.

I for one don't mind if dual log is removed permanently, it has brought me together with others ingame to do instances.

*I'm an innocent MM and here by acknowledge that I'm not working for arc/pwe or have been given anything to post this positive message.
    <!DOCTYPE html>

anonymous west lionheart player

Mini Mart

This discussion has been closed.