Post ARC-Integration Feedback Thread [UPDATED]

Comments

• Tribloodd - Storm Legion
    Tribloodd - Storm Legion Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First off, No one likes being forced to use a 3rd party application, especially when trying to play a game. That's your biggest **** up.

Secondly, You've effectively eliminated a bunch of peoples normal routine access to multi-logging without having to use a, *gasp* 3rd party application. Before, you could just go into your FW folder, go into the Update subfolder, and run game.exe and use that to multi-log. Now you're forcing your players to choose what account to play on if they only have 1 computer and do not use emulations.

Third, You forced this upon the community, big mistake. You should have instead ran a poll to obtain community feedback to whether the community wanted this. PWE, as of right now, is just a complete joke now.
  • kennynguy3nttu
    kennynguy3nttu Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    I have nothing to talking about ARC pruduct bucasue im not engineer of it.

IF ARC CAN SEPARATE USER OR ACCOUNT ITS GREAT

LET US CHOOSE WHICH ONE WE WOULD LIKE.
    TODAY I FEEL LIKE SAD DAY AND DONT WANT TO LOG-IN ACCOUNT FOR PLAYING GAME BECAUSE THE ARC.

THANKS
  • vynius
    vynius Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't care about whether Arc is here or not but I am having one problem with it, or it just may be my account... Anywho, when I go to redeem the free Arc gift key, my character is not in the list of characters but instead it has the name of old characters, most of which I have deleted, and not my newer ones. My new main has about 64 days on him so it's not like I made him yesterday and I've also taken some considerable amounts of time away from the game after making him. I'd love this to be fixed for me.
  • MyrrdinEmrys - Storm Legion
    MyrrdinEmrys - Storm Legion Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'll always hate having to use bloatware to start the program I want. It's pointless, the features advertised don't work or haven't been "implemented yet".

Oh and if we're supposed to use arc to start a game, why the hell do I have to type in my username in both ARC and the game itself? Whatever you're trying to accomplish with this piece of bloatware, it's not anything useful so far. Offering a "gift" for using arc while we don't even have a choice in the matter,doesn't make anything "more seamless" either.

Seriously. Offer us something useful, or don't offer it. ARC has no features we didn't have before, the old launcher works fine. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited April 2014
    I'll always hate having to use bloatware to start the program I want. It's pointless, the features advertised don't work or haven't been "implemented yet".

Oh and if we're supposed to use arc to start a game, why the hell do I have to type in my username in both ARC and the game itself? Whatever you're trying to accomplish with this piece of bloatware, it's not anything useful so far.

Seriously. Offer us something useful, or don't offer it. ARC has no features we didn't have before, the old launcher works fine. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.

You should only have to log in to Arc in order to play. I'll check and see if that's an issue.

In the meantime for everyone else, please restart Arc and update it. Some of these issues will go away when Arc is updated to the current version.

Also, if you're still confused as to what's going on, go here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/forsaken-world/detail/3041863-forsaken-world-arc-integration-_-free-gifts_
  • Aardler - Eyrda
    Aardler - Eyrda Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Post Arc integration is going great so far.

I attribute this 100% to the fact that I didn't update my client, at all, so I don't have Arc, AT ALL, which is the way it should stay. I don't play any other PWE produced games, and I don't plan to specifically because of the customer service we get, and this forced face **** you want us to accept.

Keep your Arc to yourself, it should not be mandatory to play any of your games.
    PWE doesn't actually want you feedback.
    Those threads are just there so you can lube up ahead of time.
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    Romkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You should only have to log in to Arc in order to play. I'll check and see if that's an issue.

In the meantime for everyone else, please restart Arc and update it. Some of these issues will go away when Arc is updated to the current version.

Also, if you're still confused as to what's going on, go here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/forsaken-world/detail/3041863-forsaken-world-arc-integration-_-free-gifts_

you see the feedback >_> yet you REFUSE >_> to acknowledge WE DONT WANT IT tbh :l until your name is red or something to show you are who you say you are :l i refuse to acknowledge the fact you are part of the arc **** team :l

only reason i say that is anyone can make an account and say they are part of the arc team if you have a white name :l
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • EvilSheep - Illyfue
    EvilSheep - Illyfue Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014

if you think we remotely care about any of the free stuff and redeem codes and whatever else Arc has to offer, rethink... Every perk pales in comparison to what ARC puts us through.

I am a CASHSHOPPER, I don't need any of the things ARC has to offer. ;) Which is why I will continue using Steam until you guys take that away as well so that we're all truly forced to go ARC. Some people already are forced to use ARC because Steam in their region doesn't have FW... I feel so truly sorry for them.

"You should only have to log into Arc in order to play." ? Lemme underline and put it in bold, we do not want to have to run a bloatware on our background while we "try" to play a game with our gear overheating and slowing down cos of it. Not ARC, not Steam, not anything... We just wanna run the client like we used to...

So, I have only 1 comment followed by a question that I actually want an answer on, I'm hoping you'll shed some light on it and maybe make me understand because I still to this day don't get it. Here it is:

We, the community and the community of all the other PWE games have explicitly stated in millions of threads in many forums over a period longer than a year that we in no way want to move to a platform (ARC) in order to be able to play our games. We explicitly said WE DON'T WANT IT. We said it back when it was still in it's early works (not that it has come a long way or anything, it's still the primal junk it was back then). When it was barely a project... When you still had the chance to call it off...

Why have you ignored us and go through with it anyway? :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ★ EvilSheep® - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ★ ~
    Lv80 Divine Priest - Lv80 Wind Bard - Lv80 Frost Mage
    Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Because my Vamp comes with her own Theme Song.
    I'm not amoosed by the default forum font.
  • Thaynia - Illyfue
    Thaynia - Illyfue Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2014

So, I have only 1 comment followed by a question that I actually want an answer on, I'm hoping you'll shed some light on it and maybe make me understand because I still to this day don't get it. Here it is:

We, the community and the community of all the other PWE games have explicitly stated in millions of threads in many forums over a period longer than a year that we in no way want to move to a platform (ARC) in order to be able to play our games. We explicitly said WE DON'T WANT IT. We said it back when it was still in it's early works (not that it has come a long way or anything, it's still the primal junk it was back then). When it was barely a project... When you still had the chance to call it off...

Why have you ignored us and go through with it anyway? :)

This this this this this. I actually went and browsed the forums of all the other PWE games and I did not see a single positive thing said about ARC, ANYWHERE (other than people not caring about it, the most positive thing I saw was downright apathy*). None of the players want it, it's buggy, it's laggy, it's just plain awful. (Ironically a lot of other games have complaints about bugs/useless responses to tickets/admins plain not giving a ****... lol how the eff does PWE still even exist as a company if they're so utterly useless?)

There's no way in hell anyone in their right mind would ever install ARC, even if you ignore the fact it's useless bloatware and dual client is broken... it's a blatant invasion of privacy and there's nothing in hell that could persuade me any explanation of that is justified (they can monitor everything you do, like wtf?).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back. And by abyss, I mean PWE Customer Support
  • mephisto1661
    mephisto1661 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This is typical for most F2P games, they do what they want, when they want and dont care who they all **** over.

If you read the forum post on maintenance on the 10th, US servers were hit 1st, but thats typical as well. Chinese serves get all the expansion content 1st but are the last to be hit with anything like this. US servers get the expansion content dead last but are always the 1st to get screwed over.

PWI needs to step back and wake up and finally realize that a majority of the money they get to run this game come from those playing on the US servers.

If players would boycott the cash shop, it may just open their eyes a little bit, or it would force them to close the game down altogether. Maybe its time we players FORCE something on them instead of them forcing everything on us.
  • angelswrath38
    angelswrath38 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Well, not much to say. I HATE ARC.
    Nice title for new thread
  • serenity234876
    serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited April 2014

WE DDONT WANT ARC RUNNING WHILE WE PLAY, we want to only use arc when we patch and then open our game without arc its that simple
  • stimulater
    stimulater Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Post any information that might be helpful to the Arc team?
    How about they post everything about Arc so we know why it's such trash. The ToS for it itself has not even been edited for proper spelling and grammar. Do they care about what they convey as their terms of service considering they want people to agree to it? I agreed and now I regret it.

I will NOT enact the labour of giving you guys the info Arc itself can gather from my system already. Period.
  • Yaviii - Lionheart
    Yaviii - Lionheart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    all negative coments I agree with. If you do not allwow dule client, Playing more that one toon at once, this will be the end of your game. Get that back as soon as possible. Keep up updated as to when it will happen.

Do this or your customers will leave in mass
  • Lilrosycharm - Lionheart
    Lilrosycharm - Lionheart Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I have found that the last update couldn't let me play 2 toons at once. After playing FW for 2 years this might be the worst thing FW have done so far. To me I thought it would be good to have people play more then one toon at a time because it's good for those people that like playing solo without need to nag the world to join a party just to do one event. You also need to spend more money if you are playing 2 toons at once. This last update have both upset me and made me mad to play now. I don't like this update now the realms are more empty and players are force to pick one toon knowing they have another toon that is able to help with dragon orders and other quest that might need a party. Make dragon order more longer and also using more mana pots.

Please stop making updates that make the game feel like it's going backwards and not forwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lechery - Lionheart
    Lechery - Lionheart Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Has anything been said regarding running multiple computers to multi client?
  • Tyerian - Storm Legion
    Tyerian - Storm Legion Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The feedback is clear. Arc is a completely terrible piece of software, full of bugs, memory leaks, and an unnecessary resource pig. Anyone who has ever played a video game knows that it's extremely important to be able to react quickly and efficiently to situations while playing. Arc increases lag and causes the client to crash randomly.

Why on earth would anyone support a project like arc that destroys the gameplay for so many individuals? Because you're offering free gifts only available by using arc redeem codes? GTFO. I'm a cash shopper, I spend thousands of dollars in this game, your free gifts do not interest me.
    The fact that if I use arc I can no longer dual client is a major concern, my 2nd account is very important to my enjoyment of the game.

Staff doesn't listen to the player base, they don't take our suggestions in to consideration, and this entire thread is merely an exercise in futility.

Wake up. Read the comments. Do NOT force us to use this garbage software in order to run the game, and give us back the ability to multi client by normal means.
    We just want to open the game.exe file like we are used to doing.
  • tkanguyen
    tkanguyen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    whats wrong with the old version for FW game ? I think it running as well as possible.
    New Arc production is not better. i dont want to breakign ur feeling but thats true.
    Arc for Kids playing can be great but not all.
    UNLIKE ARC of course 100% and i know 75% a people dont like it too..ik all these post here like a crash for u guys. but equally w/arc si.....thanks
  • goblin6699
    goblin6699 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Yea like a free gift gonna make it better
  • Aardler - Eyrda
    Aardler - Eyrda Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    you see the feedback >_> yet you REFUSE >_> to acknowledge WE DONT WANT IT tbh :l until your name is red or something to show you are who you say you are :l i refuse to acknowledge the fact you are part of the arc **** team :l

only reason i say that is anyone can make an account and say they are part of the arc team if you have a white name :l

I don't see much feedback from the PWE side, in a thread asking us for feedback... which is entirely negative, mocking, or both.

Maybe next week, try removing all the integrations you are thrusting upon us, and then start a sticky asking for feedback about reversing the decision to force feed your playerbase something they didn't want. It will be your most popular decision in the history of the game.
    PWE doesn't actually want you feedback.
    Those threads are just there so you can lube up ahead of time.
  • tkanguyen
    tkanguyen Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i Don't Like Arc At All
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    Romkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ok 1st i want to say 1 thing. I love FW i have had a lot of fond memories playing and i would love to see it come alive again.

that being said there are 2 things that bother me >_>

1st thing. This Arc **** >_> ever since i had to use Arc i just havent felt the need to actually play cause i hate platforms like this with a passion i hated steam and i will hate this. so i am debating on leaving or not. cause i just want to go ingame asap and these platforms prevent that.

2nd thing. Star Diamonds being "removed" from cs >_> ok so first you drop this **** storm called Arc, then you we are informed with no more star diamonds but they MAY be moved to Otis. now this kinda ticks me off and at the same time im excited. What ticks me off is that the possibility that star diamonds and ToF exchange rate to be ridiculous such as the amethyst parchment Otis sells. 48 ToF for 1 amethyst parchment which tofs i seen go from 40s-60s per and amethyst parchments go for bout 4-8g which makes me a bit worried ont he price with star diamonds if they will be a ridiculous price like the amethyst parchment or a fair exchange. Now i will absolutely refuse to pay more then 40 ToF per Star Diamond. Cause if the price was 100 ToF per Diamond i would rather take my chances with the 4% success rate for 12/12 gear since soul leaves can replenish though i will absolutely refuse for that kind of success rate.

so really its your move PWE cause i already found a game to move to. Now i am not sayin this like how some csers threaten to quit. im just stating my opinions and my actions of what i will do as well as my concerns and i already know threatening to quit FW wont affect the company at all so...just tellin ya how it is.
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • KinVackta - Lionheart
    KinVackta - Lionheart Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014

So.. most of the players complaining about this are level 80's on two or more characters and you give us the most useless of things, as if we don't have 5 or more ViP cards in storage and over 5k memory berries to use at any given time.. and some even more useless fireworks.

Here's question of the day from someone that basically lives in the IT field: What the hell kind of shoddy-**** programing does this Arc launcher use that it needs THREE executables AND a system service in order to function properly? Is it as old as FW's DirectX code?

The thing about a launcher is that it isn't supposed to run in the background and hog resources after the function it was meant for.. launching the game. Not to mention how it seems the game.exe it uses is worthless without the launcher up.. smells like malware-style cross-executable injecting to me.

If you think dual-clienting is the only thing people are complaining about, then think again. This reminds me of the early days of nProtect, when it injected itself into just about everything and ruined any computer system that wasn't a simple web browsing machine.
  • Mellificent - Lionheart
    Mellificent - Lionheart Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Did you ppl even TEST this **** before shoving it down our throats? Because if you did, you're either blind, dumb or stupid.....or all of the above. Are you so oblivious that you can't see that it's overtaxing systems needlessly. Since this "integration" my fan has run non EFFING stop. If you are not even intelligent enough to know what that means, then you should NOT be in programming at ALL! I mean seriously, a grade school child knows that if you're systems are overtaxing, using too much memory, programs running in the background, CPU, hard memory ALL your processors etc......then you turn them OFF or your computer is headed for an irreversible crash because you've burned your system out. With ARC there IS no turning it off, if you want to play the game, there is only listening to your computer/laptop burning it's little life away. Checking your running system to see all 4 processors running at max capacity while this program eats all your memory and drives your computer to it's worst running speed ever.

Seriously, what kind of idiotic programming was this? I don't want this **** burning up my computer, that's NEVER really had an issue running multiple games on multiple sites at the same time WITHOUT a supposed "game aid" in the past......launcher? more like effin missile launcher targeting all our systems....you're not going to lose your player base to people quitting, you'll lose them to exploded computers and laptops and NO MONEY to replace them.

I think it's time for a "rollback" to destroy this beast of a memory/processor eating monster.
  • Mellificent - Lionheart
    Mellificent - Lionheart Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    oh and for the record, BEFORE this integration I RARELY to if EVER heard my fan indicating my computer was being taxed, with one/two clients of this game open, plus DC universe, smite, and several computer based games running at the same time, and now AFTER this it runs constantly indicating a BIG problem with your arc launcher, with NOTHING BUT that and game open........

Even if I didn't check my memory, and see that EVERY non essential process is turned off, which I and most other gamers make sure of to ensure game performance, it alone would tell me, that there is something NOT RIGHT about how my computer was running. That is the FIRST thing any computer user/gamer/programmer etc learns. That makes you look at your system, and the fact of the matter is, before no trouble, after trouble.....obviously a LAUNCHER launches and then turns itself off, not continues to run, causing mass lag, memory usage, overheating, and constantly sending these "cookies" that you seem to think we want and/or need during our gameplay.....and yest I DID in fact see that msg that it would be sending them nonstop, while arc was open.....BS, don't want em, don't need em. Guess I'll be a checkin HO until this **** is fixed because I do NOT want to burn out my computer because you don't know how to "integrate" a launcher that does that it's supposed to do, launch game, turn off.......that's IT, and we didn't want it, we didn't need it, and now we have it, and can't do EFF all about it, and it's destroying our play and computers.......great job....here's your sign
  • novahealzz
    novahealzz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello everyone

Sorry for the major mess ups, the Disconnections, Forcing arc on us, The lag spikes, The no duel clienting , Star diamonds being removed, Bugs, Glitches

Hope you enjoy FW but here is a free code that is pretty much useless to most, you are very welcome!

Also, VIP Cards, memory fruits, and fireworks are yours to keep by inputting in an ARC code found in the following article
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/forsaken-world/detail/3041863-forsaken-world-arc-integration-_-free-gifts_

yupyup
  • shinxia0tsu
    shinxia0tsu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like this game. Really, I do. And you know, there've been a number of things that came up throughout the time I've played it that I haven't been particularly fond of, but I understand that mistakes are made - Let bygones be bygones. That being said, for the love of God, PLEASE just scrap Arc, and let it be a bygone. It's taxing on systems, it's a layer of tediousness that there doesn't need to be, and I plain and simply can't find a place for it. I just want to play the game. That's it. I don't need a gaming platform to run it on, and if for whatever reason I did, I'd use Steam anyways. Unless some nutcase of a person wants to correct me (In the case of which, no offense to you Mr. or Mrs. Nutcase), none of us want Arc. None of us need Arc. We're here to play a game because we enjoy it; Not to be frustrated before we even get into the game itself.
    I respect that you're trying to step out and have that one more something of your own, but Arc isn't it. It just feels like a shoddy and restricting PWE-only Steam to me. But the part that bothers me the most is it's not even like I ASKED for it. And I certainly wasn't asked if I wanted it. None of us were. And none of us do.

I truly hope that the feedback is being considered because none of it is good and at best it's just gonna hurt you guys in the end. If you really care about the players, or at the very least about keeping your playerbase, get rid of Arc. Please.
  • Ohalala - Lionheart
    Ohalala - Lionheart Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I would like to be able to dual client.

I would like not to have to use arc.

ARC eats ram and it just there not doing anything.

It does not improve my game experience it annoys the **** out of me.

Clear enough?
    lvl 80 Aegis Warrior- Aefladl
    lvl 76 Wind Bard- AwaitingPrince
  • DarkVandal - Illyfue
    DarkVandal - Illyfue Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Personally I dont feel this is getting anyway, obviously this thread is just for player to throw out thier frustrated and hope they get over with it soon.

They are just doing as most typical corporate culture will be done, if they withdraw this system will make them look bad which something they never wish to do regardless of they knowing this system is good or not.
    technically this is something cant be fixed beside remove it, as long as any extra blackground program is running the consumption of RAM cant be reduce as it will keep stack up while u run the program for a longer period of time.

I never like the whole idea of ths system however I think I just have to live with it or quit tat all I can do.

ps. there is alreaady many player point out what is good or bad about the system therefor i will just state my personal feeling about it.

note: Seem like they forget to learn the lesson from Pando Media Booster another fail project.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nanali - Storm Legion
    Nanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First of all, I dont like ARC simply because i think its completely unnecessary and it does not in any way enhance my gameplay.

Second of all, I like being efficient and with ARC you've managed to make it more time consuming to get into the game than pre-ARC. A friend of mine likes to say "thats one click too many".

BEFORE

1. Run patcher
    2. Hit Start (on patcher)
    3. Log in to game
    4. Play game

(or only 3 steps if you ran game.exe directly)

AFTER

1. Run ARC
    2. Log in to ARC
    3. Click Library
    4. Click FW
    5. Wait for patcher to load to click START (lol why??)
    6. Log in to game
    7. Play game

You've added 3 more steps for us to get to the game instead of making it easier and more user friendly. Also if you'd like to argue that I'd need to run ARC in the background all the time to avoid first 2 steps, no thanks. I dont let Steam run when I dont play games on Steam and same will be with ARC. I like my comp resources as free as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.