[Notice] Server Maintenance 4/1/14 @ 11PM PDT - Restart + Eyrda Migration [Complete]

Comments

• viiix
    viiix Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »
    Arc integration will not happen tonight. We're going to be focusing on migrating Eryda.
    Tonight's maintenance is only impacting US realms.

We are looking to have another maintenance on Thursday for all realms that will include Arc integration.

It is no longer April 1st, so there's no way this is a joke I guess...le sigh. ._.
  • admcroxe
    admcroxe Posts: 95
    edited April 2014
    you guys don't know what you're doing, do you?
    "we're integrating a broken product TONIGHT since, you know, we failed to give the 'ample time' we previously said we would"
    "we're waiting 2 more days to integrate our broken product - there's your ample time, 2 days"
    ijs

When we feel there is a concern that will cause a serious impact to you guys, yes we will delay, and we will keep delaying. You can fix one thing, only to have another issue pop up, that's programming. We have engineer's and QA teams looking and working at this almost around the clock fixing and finding issues unique to each game's platform integration.

Sometimes we're forced to choose the lesser of two evils when it comes to making a decision. We hate when we announce something only to have a last minute reversal pop-up. But when the alternative is to not take 2 extra days to stabilize a fringe issue that would impact some players in an annoying manner, we can afford to take that extra time.
  • serenity234876
    serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When we feel there is a concern that will cause a serious impact to you guys, yes we will delay, and we will keep delaying. You can fix one thing, only to have another issue pop up, that's programming. We have engineer's and QA teams looking and working at this almost around the clock fixing and finding issues unique to each game's platform integration.

Sometimes we're forced to choose the lesser of two evils when it comes to making decision. We hate when we announce something only to have a last minute reversal pop-up. But when the alternative is to not take 2 extra days to stabilize a fringe issue that would impact some players in an annoying manner, we can afford to take that extra time.

not being able to dual client is a game breaking issue for a very large majority nothing should be implemented until this is fixed
  • Aardler - Eyrda
    Aardler - Eyrda Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Arc integration will not happen tonight. We're going to be focusing on migrating Eryda.
    Tonight's maintenance is only impacting US realms.

We are looking to have another maintenance on Thursday for all realms that will include Arc integration.

What exactly does that mean? You're unplugging it and moving it to Canada for the summer to take advantage of the cooler climate?
    PWE doesn't actually want you feedback.
    Those threads are just there so you can lube up ahead of time.
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Sometimes we're forced to choose the lesser of two evils when it comes to making decision. We hate when we announce something only to have a last minute reversal pop-up. But when the alternative is to not take 2 extra days to stabilize a fringe issue that would impact some players in an annoying manner, we can afford to take that extra time.

Cut it out with the bleeding heart stuff.

1) THERE IS A SERIOUS ISSUE. We've said it many times, and yet you still continue pushing forward Arc integration.

2) This whole "announcement" of Arc integration was last minute - so please don't give us that line of "We're sorry we announced then had to take back." No. We didn't even get a real announcement.

3) So you're saying you'll take a couple of days to fix an issue that would "annoy" a small # of players, but you won't take the time needed to fix a MAJOR issue that will grotesquely affect the gameplay of the MAJORITY of players? What kind of logic do you guys have here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admcroxe
    edited April 2014
    not being able to dual client is a game breaking issue for a very large majority nothing should be implemented until this is fixed

The data we have does not match this claim. If it did we would definitely wait until multi-client functionality. I would be curious where you get your numbers from?
  • Mouthgasm - Eyrda
    Mouthgasm - Eyrda Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If it is apparent a large majority of players DO NOT want arc, why force it upon us? Where is the common sense in it?? If y'all wish to keep players here don't give us something we don't want! ._. Granted I use ARC. I have no complaints for ARC aside I have no core anymore and cannot communicate with friends from other games. But, every good sales person knows, if a person doesn't like the product, regardless if ya force it on them, they will find one they actually do like... elsewhere... and leave you a pennyless fool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mouthgasm
    Divine/Glacial Lycan Priest
    "Pvp is heart and soul. If your heart isn't in it, your soul will be devoured."
    Coffee is an everyday MUST!
  • Nanali - Storm Legion
    Nanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This makes me wish i never put any resources towards my alt *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • serenity234876
    edited April 2014
    The data we have does not match this claim. If it did we would definitely wait until multi-client functionality. I would be curious where you get your numbers from?

from the many people I know within the game that I actually play, everyone I know dual clients I don't know 1 person who does not, and I have spoken to a lot passed through most the largest guilds on our server. I've spoken to people in xserver from the largest guilds on other servers it is the same there we all dual client. Its rare to find people who don't.

there has been countless threads made on this.

open your eyes get in the game and actually listen to your player base we are all saying the same thing

FIX ARC
    fix dual clienting with arc
    before you launch it
  • scopess
    scopess Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Been playing FW through Arc since became available, havent got any real problems... just the stuff we all read about on forum.

To the item of the dual clienting, i believe they aint gonna bring back the possibilty to do so again because it encourages players of FW to start CS or cs even more.

Just a thought.

Aint gonna give up on game because of it, just takes while longer.T;Cool
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited April 2014

im curious where you get your data from, since you guys couldnt even tell that 3x exp/double sp wasnt working on eyrda this past weekend despite players telling you it wasnt; theres no indication that you guys even play the game one bit. i dont know a single player in game that doesnt use alts for various purposes or multiclient if their computer can handle it. if tons of people posting here telling you they will quit playing or be severely screwed over by no multiclienting isnt good enough data, i would seriously question what you guys are doing at pwe.

btw id like to thank you guys for **** over guilds for immortal rift this weekend if you do take away multiclienting, my guild and many others rely heavily on sending many alts to multiple battles and now on a week with alot of battles and no possibility of spreading numbers youve royally ****ed us over :).
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    edited April 2014

We get it from actually PLAYING the game. I currently run one of the largest guilds on Eyrda... NONE of my guildies only play a single character a time, and almost all of them have at least two characters they consider "mains." Almost all of these people spend money ... IRL money ... on these multiple characters. The other major guilds on every server I've been to are the same in regards to multiclienting/multiple characters as well. So I am not sure what skewed world your data comes from.

Sorry if I seem gruff, but I personally have put money into multiple characters... I have two monarch accounts. Add that up - Monarch means you spent $15k+ on ONE account. I have multiple monarch accounts. So understand why myself and others are irritated that the inability to multiclient is being treated as nothing more than an oversight that can be ignored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darriuss - Storm Legion
    Darriuss - Storm Legion Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    amarantos wrote: »
    im curious where you get your data from, since you guys couldnt even tell that 3x exp/double sp wasnt working on eyrda this past weekend despite players telling you it wasnt; theres no indication that you guys even play the game one bit. i dont know a single player in game that doesnt use alts for various purposes or multiclient if their computer can handle it. if tons of people posting here telling you they will quit playing or be severely screwed over by no multiclienting isnt good enough data, i would seriously question what you guys are doing at pwe.

btw id like to thank you guys for **** over guilds for immortal rift this weekend if you do take away multiclienting, my guild and many others rely heavily on sending many alts to multiple battles and now on a week with alot of battles and no possibility of spreading numbers youve royally ****ed us over :).

This is the answer to your question, Mr. GM. The bigger guilds do rely on multi-clienting alts into multiple rifts that occur at the same time. You think they are going to be ok with not being able to defend all their territories? Nope. And guess what? Most of those guilds house your big spenders. But hey, what do we know. Your 'data' is clearly superior to common logic.
    Darriuss- Lv80 Elemental Human Warrior
    DarHealsU- Lv80 Divine Human Priest
    CptnBluBeard- Lv80 Burst Dwarven Marksman
    ThunderboltzX- Lv79 Human Lightning Mage
    Member of SilentNight
    Husband of xMelanthax <3
    Survivor of DDoS Attack
    Survivor of Novapack Rollback

Playing since Closed Beta
  • jhkx123
    jhkx123 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Geee idk... maybe everyone in this forum atm? maybe EVERYONE who is saying they do not want ARC to be installed until everything is working? in your case, 'lesser of two evils' doesnt suit ur situation here.. You've probably got 100 evils when it comes to patching this game.. but i will go ahead and give you a hand and give you the 2 evils you should be wrapping your head in...

1) Don't patch the system.

OR

2) Patch the system.

Don't need me to tell you which one is the lesser of 2 evils there.. And if you choose the wrong one... I guess ill have to choose between my own 2 evils... "play in the dirt" or "continue playing FW" to make use of my time.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... easy decision..
  • admcroxe
    edited April 2014
    All I'm going to say is after the patch, some of you will very quickly find a very easy way to multi-client that takes very little effort. You just won't be able to launch multiple client from arc....directly...by clicking play....yet.
  • Lgnis - Storm Legion
    Lgnis - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Sometimes we're forced to choose the lesser of two evils when it comes to making a decision. We hate when we announce something only to have a last minute reversal pop-up. But when the alternative is to not take 2 extra days to stabilize a fringe issue that would impact some players in an annoying manner, we can afford to take that extra time.

funniest

thing

ever

- not one mention as to why "ample time" was not given when YOU said there would be.
    - no response as to WHY the arc platform:
    A) is being implemented in the first place
    B) is broken
    C) limits client usage to on one client per pc
    D) is full of memory leaks
    E) is even needed
    F) is being forced onto players without a choice.
    (need i go on??)
    You can fix one thing, only to have another issue pop up, that's programming
    i AM a programmer, and if you guys limit the redundancies, u get a better product. the game itself is full of broken code, which i'm fully aware isn't PWE's fault, it's wanmei's.. HOWEVER, the arc platform IS riddled with redundancies, memory leaks, and code faults. i've had it running on my pc for <20 mins and it's steadily risen from 60mb ram used to over 130mb ram used. I.E. MEMORY LEAKAGE
    the QA teams are not the problems, they are not the ones building the problem. the dev team on staff at PWE is the problem. ok, so u've got a bunch of hot-shot kids with online degrees where they held a 4.0 gpa "ermagerd perfekt gee pee ayyy - dems must bee guud kidz" ... an online degree? not to knock online degrees, but it's cake to get a 4.0 in an online class. minimum participation and turning in all ur assignments yields a 4.0, doesn't matter the grades, so long as they're all passing.

maybe, just maybe, u guys should fire the **** forcing u to implement said broken product (ARC) and replace him with someone that understands programming in the first place. better yet, replace him WITH someone that holds a degree in engineering, programming, A+ certification, something. obviously, business management isn't his or her strongsuit.

ARC
    is
    useless,
    broken,
    and
    sub-par
    (even for PWE)
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Perhaps you really should question if the data you have reflects players reality.

There has been a lot of feedback concerning arc issues, from malware behaviour to login issues to system stability issues.

None of these issue has been resolved or adresssed.
    So while it might not be a majority of players having issues with the multi client part of arcs failures, the small groups having different issues can very well add up to a majority.

No, i do not have a statistic, i just know some people running the game on a traffic limit internet conection who do not take the download problem lightly.
    I also know others unable to login with arc infested clients, one of the issues i described earlier affects at least 5 players in my vicinity.

Since your so called support much too often gives the impression that no human being but a multitude of scripts and bots reads the tickets, i suspect the vast difference between PWE point of view and players reality to be caused here.
    Therefore i would suggest to open a direct arc issue feedback line with the possibility to add logfiles and other proof for persisting issues.
    And please dont open this feedback line over arc.... there are enough players unable to even get this malware or some of the already implemented functions running.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KlKO - Lionheart
    KlKO - Lionheart Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All I'm going to say is after the patch, some of you will very quickly find a very easy way to multi-client that takes very little effort.

or you could tell the devs to focus on stuff that actually needs fixing and add more content into the game instead of wasting time and money on this arc **** we don't need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aardler - Eyrda
    Aardler - Eyrda Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2014

I would guess that all those incestual relationships that the players are aware of skews how the people in game see the multi-clienting population... and makes PWE's account sharing policy a total joke. Multiple accounts actually used by the original creator aside, Eyrda is a massive spiderweb of keeping track of who got who's account when they quit and uses it to aid them with botting, farming, soloing instances, world boss hoarding, IR defending, etc.

I'd love for you to share some of the data that you have though to set our limited perception straight. How many times a day is an instance like Wades, or LCS, or SOL run by a party of 6 different people from unique IP addresses, as opposed to 3 man teams with 2 or 3 of those characters all logging from the same IP?
    PWE doesn't actually want you feedback.
    Those threads are just there so you can lube up ahead of time.
  • Sassana - Illyfue
    Sassana - Illyfue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Get in a game ur PM of and talk 2 players u will see ur numbers, forum does use only a minority.
    So the moral is..... Exploit everything and don't tell the gms or they will take it away.

Gotcha...

Don't ask, don't tell.

By FireBat

True story
  • serenity234876
    edited April 2014
    We get it from actually PLAYING the game. I currently run one of the largest guilds on Eyrda... NONE of my guildies only play a single character a time, and almost all of them have at least two characters they consider "mains." Almost all of these people spend money ... IRL money ... on these multiple characters. The other major guilds on every server I've been to are the same in regards to multiclienting/multiple characters as well. So I am not sure what skewed world your data comes from.

Sorry if I seem gruff, but I personally have put money into multiple characters... I have two monarch accounts. Add that up - Monarch means you spent $15k+ on ONE account. I have multiple monarch accounts. So understand why myself and others are irritated that the inability to multiclient is being treated as nothing more than an oversight that can be ignored.

frankly this sort of attitude from fw is a complete and utter joke, might as well start telling us that the microwave is causing our dc problems again
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    edited April 2014
    All I'm going to say is after the patch, some of you will very quickly find a very easy way to multi-client that takes very little effort.

See and here I don't trust you, and I'm sure many others won't either. Why? Because you've been arguing with us this entire time, as if multiclient will be impossible after Arc integration. You've essentially been leading us to that conclusion this whole time. If multiclient is still possible, what have you been doing then? Just instigating drama for your own luls?

You just keep constantly backtracking on everything you say.....

OOOOR Are you referring to the not-so-easy methods... like virtual machines, steam+arc, etc? If so, that's not exactly any real solution and only helps a VERY small number of people... and I don't really care about ONLY myself being able to multiclient if the rest of the game feels like a ghost town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admcroxe
    edited April 2014
    or you could tell the devs to focus on stuff that actually needs fixing and add more content into the game instead of wasting time and money on this arc **** we don't need.

The people working on Arc are completely different from the people working on the game.
  • Darriuss - Storm Legion
    Darriuss - Storm Legion Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Like what? Overloading our computers by running Steam and ARC at the same time? Or running a virtual machine? Or Running two instances of windows on our PCs? Most of your player base doesn't own a computer that could handle any of these options. It's a free to play MMO, think about that. Most of your players DO NOT have high end computers. Doing any of the above tasks would thoroughly bog down the proccessor and memory on their computers. You seem to be missing the bigger picture in this grand scheme. ARC integration, without having it properly fixed, is a major insult to your player base. "Here you go, have a broken interface, that you are unsatisfied with, because we want to implement it ASAP, instead of taking the time to make it work 110% correctly, before throwing it at you." Put yourself in our shoes, would that logic make you happy at all?

Edit: I have worked at McDonalds before... Their service time is 90 seconds or less, so let me use this as an example.

Say you order a cheeseburger, but they had to cook the meat for it, which takes 180 seconds. Instead of waiting to give you your sandwich, the way it SHOULD be, they give it to you without the meat, and say "Oh, well we have to get this to you in 90 seconds, so we had to cut some corners, and give you half of what you expected." Does that sound AT ALL logical to you?
    Darriuss- Lv80 Elemental Human Warrior
    DarHealsU- Lv80 Divine Human Priest
    CptnBluBeard- Lv80 Burst Dwarven Marksman
    ThunderboltzX- Lv79 Human Lightning Mage
    Member of SilentNight
    Husband of xMelanthax <3
    Survivor of DDoS Attack
    Survivor of Novapack Rollback

Playing since Closed Beta
  • Spankmenow - Lionheart
    Spankmenow - Lionheart Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    All I'm going to say is after the patch, some of you will very quickly find a very easy way to multi-client that takes very little effort. You just won't be able to launch multiple client from arc....directly...by clicking play....yet.

Is the implementation of arc going to mean that PWE is finally going to start cracking down on account sharing?
    In other words, will Arc have some sort of warden program?
    <Forever With Freezatron>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Riottz - Lionheart
    Riottz - Lionheart Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is the implementation of arc going to mean that PWE is finally going to start cracking down on account sharing?

+1 account sharing is an issue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KlKO - Lionheart
    KlKO - Lionheart Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The people working on Arc are completely different from the people working on the game.

WELL, stop wasting money on things you might think is useful and more convenient but honestly its justs gonna clog up our computers wasting ram thus MAKING the game much more laggy than it is right now and see more complaints on the forum.
    I'm sure if you simply had a thread with a vote poll (with 1 vote per IP/Account restrictions) you will see the REAL data.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Just take a look on where arc already sniffs around and your question is answered.
    If anything will be done about identified culprits is another issue, however.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svartalf - Nyos
    Svartalf - Nyos Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just say how instead of frustrating people some more and making them wonder how. I'm sure all this commotion would go down if it's possible to launch via the game.exe in the gamefolder.
  • serenity234876
    edited April 2014
    Just say how instead of frustrating people some more and making them wonder how. I'm sure all this commotion would go down if it's possible to launch via the game.exe in the gamefolder.

he hasn't stated a clear answer even though many have asked multiple times now...probably has no idea
This discussion has been closed.