test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vampire Charmed Strike

Lieblingsjunge - IllyfueLieblingsjunge - Illyfue Posts: 52 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports
Hellois, dear FW-community,

I've met quite a few vamps, both in arena and fjord, and sometimes when they're using their Charmed Strike, I cant move/cast a skill/anything for like 5-8seconds.
When this happens, there are no debuffs that can be seen in my right corner, and I know from experience I'm not the only one who's felt this bug/typo, had my teammate in arena mention this yday aswell.

So imo, we now have to possible options:
1. There is a bug with the Charmed Strike.
2. The tooltips are wrong, so it is not written that the Charmed Strike got a chance to fully cc a target for 5-8seconds.
Post edited by Lieblingsjunge - Illyfue on
Lieblingsjunge @ Illyfue - Lv80 Blood Vamp
Natyel @ Illyfue - Lv80 Divine Priest

Selfdestruction is such a pretty little thing.
You suck, I suck. We all can suck together T;Great

Comments

• Vyden - IllyfueVyden - Illyfue Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maybe you will be disapointed but it is not possible.I play as vampire for a long period of time and i did not met a player who couldn't move,attack or something else after i used charmed strike.Many vamps attack the target twice then they use vampiric kiss so it is 2s stun and 3s silence which makes sense in your case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoomRaven - Storm LegionDoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This bug been here for awhile and no one seems to care, it's annoying when it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
  • DeltaTroopa - Storm LegionDeltaTroopa - Storm Legion Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've definitely noticed this bug too, its been around forever, but it's not consistent.

I've noticed it seems to be related to maybe charmed strike triggering seed of darkness silence, if it interrupts your casting as well. Some combination of those elements renders you effectively stunned even without a debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ._____Emotes______ | ____Spreadsheets____.
    tinyurl.com/FWEmotes | tinyurl.com/FWInfosheet
  • Darksiren - Storm LegionDarksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've definitely noticed this bug too, its been around forever, but it's not consistent.

I've noticed it seems to be related to maybe charmed strike triggering seed of darkness silence, if it interrupts your casting as well. Some combination of those elements renders you effectively stunned even without a debuff.

It's inconsistent because its a Dark Vampire talent to add stun to Charmed Strike. Not all vamps can stun with charmed strike, but some can.
    edited February 2014
    It's inconsistent because its a Dark Vampire talent to add stun to Charmed Strike. Not all vamps can stun with charmed strike, but some can.

No. I know exactly how the talent works. That's not what this is about at all, its completely separate from the stun on dark vampire's charmed strike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lieblingsjunge - IllyfueLieblingsjunge - Illyfue Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Maybe you will be disapointed but it is not possible.I play as vampire for a long period of time and i did not met a player who couldn't move,attack or something else after i used charmed strike.Many vamps attack the target twice then they use vampiric kiss so it is 2s stun and 3s silence which makes sense in your case.

Sorry to disappoint you, Vyd, but you didn't seem to quite read my whole firstpost, I said that I dont get any debuff in my right corner.

People don't get it *sighs*. No, its not that 2s stun from charmed strike. No, its not the silence from kindred racial. No, its not the 3-5s silence from seed of darkness.

Cause if it is any of those, you get a debuff in the corner. But when this happens... You dont get a single debuff or anything. It's like its an invisible debuff, lol.

And yeah, I'm not sure when this triggers, all I know it's annoying, and its been here for decades.
    But you seem to be right when you say it's related to Seed of Darkness, somehow. Its just meh.
    --

Hope it'll be fixed soon if it's a bug, or at least written in tooltips. Then I can at least plan how to play against it ^^,

Edit: I'll try to take a screenshot if I can, but normally arena matches are so intense, it's hard ;D

edited February 2014
    Edit: I'll try to take a screenshot if I can, but normally arena matches are so intense, it's hard ;D

unfortunately screenshot wouldn't really help, as there's no debuff and it's kinda hard to show that you can't move/use skills in a Screenshot XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drachus - EyrdaDrachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This has been around forever as others have said, and like Troopa mentioned, it isn't consistent. It's annoying, since unlike actual debuffs, there isn't anything you can really do about it (or even predict it will happen since it isn't consistent).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    unfortunately screenshot wouldn't really help, as there's no debuff and it's kinda hard to show that you can't move/use skills in a Screenshot XD

Yeah. I thought about that after I edit'ed it. Like... lol. D:

And yeah, debuff has been there since forever.

But I yet have to see someone report it in, so I'm hoping that we get some reply on it q.q
    Cause yeah. I can't react to it, I cant defend myself against it. All I can do is stare blanky at the screen and watch myself get my butt whooped.

• CountVonCo - IllyfueCountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hmm I've never come across this yet, either playing as dark vamp or against them.

It could be something to do with latency perhaps? I've noticed at times, because of lag issues when I use Charmed Strike, my skill hits and does dmg, but I end up exactly where I was instead of next to my target.

Another bug I've seen, this is most likely due to latency issue, when using gale wings vs warrior assault, similar things happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • invoker1412invoker1412 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dark vampires are evil. That is all.
    LuciusOersted - Not OP Priest
    <History Lover> <Not associated with K-Pop>
  • Haareth - IllyfueHaareth - Illyfue Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yup I've had this bug/problem aswell xD
    It's funny indeed. Many times tried to find out why this total silence/stun/cc/slaughter happens, and the only thing I noticed is that many times I get this cc I only have the dark curse debuff on me (sometimes I dont even have any debuff, either the silence debuff which shows sometimes when dark vamps use seed on us and attack few times)
    So lol? Would be nice if someone fix this as its annoying as hell not being able to do **** xD
    ~ Clyfar - Divine/glacial priest ~ Rapsodiah - LightWater/wind bard

- Nupi videos in youtube.com/channel/UC0yrEAYP0eZUKKfeklBHumQ -
  • DoomRaven - Storm LegionDoomRaven - Storm Legion Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No one needs to know about this! There's enough vamp glitchers out there already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tinyurl.com/AegisPvPVideos
    edited February 2014
    Yup I've had this bug/problem aswell xD
    It's funny indeed. Many times tried to find out why this total silence/stun/cc/slaughter happens, and the only thing I noticed is that many times I get this cc I only have the dark curse debuff on me (sometimes I dont even have any debuff, either the silence debuff which shows sometimes when dark vamps use seed on us and attack few times)
    So lol? Would be nice if someone fix this as its annoying as hell not being able to do **** xD

Yup oo.oo

Count: Well maybe. But then it shouldn't have occured to so many of us, cus I'm not the only one who's felt the bug/debuff/thing.

I just want some reply from any of the guys operating the bug-report forum on this ;~; But seems there ain't gonna be one! :D

edited May 2014
    Seems my topic got lost. I'll bump it - in hope for some kind of reply or something. Cus this just happened again and ugh - how annoying.