New platform

Tsukitomo - Illyfue
Tsukitomo - Illyfue Posts: 32 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Did I miss the memo about the site's platform being changed?
And when did that happen? 0.0

Oh btw navigating in here is a click-a-much process.

If, per say, one wants to go to talent calculator from the forum, s/he has to go to Game News, then to Guides and then to TC...

It was faster before with the tab menues dropdowns. Just saying.

Also, FYI, you have 2 talent calculators in the guide section... either make the 'class' section redirect to proper class page, or remove the duplicated TC.

1 more thing: half of the emoticons are now broken. T;Applauding

P.S:
At least provide a link to the old board.
Post edited by Tsukitomo - Illyfue on

Comments

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the color scheme hurts my eyes ;_;
  • The_Expendable - Eyrda
    The_Expendable - Eyrda Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lets play a game
    i have some of the pages of the wiki... have fun
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The stark white font vs dark grey/black background is annoying on the eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svartalf - Nyos
    Svartalf - Nyos Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Some designer doesn't seem to be aware of user-friendly menus and colours ;-;
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Some designer doesn't seem to be aware of user-friendly menus and colours ;-;

Agreed >: I feel like my eyes are going to explode. It's a good way to turn people away from the forums, if that is their goal...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cursedgifts
    cursedgifts Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone know why they decided to change the setup? the old platform was fine imo. :confused:
  • The_Expendable - Eyrda
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone know why they decided to change the setup? the old platform was fine imo. :confused:

its to better suit the arc layout... which is also very flawed
  • shirogrin
    shirogrin Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Colors are fine as for me >_> But broken emoticons bother me kinda, also the navigating... LOL. As for new players must be a hell to find anything, good I'm not one fo them, tho would be cool if someone cared ^^
  • Tsukitomo - Illyfue
    Tsukitomo - Illyfue Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well dunno about them getting close to the Arc layout and stuff,

However their skin sheet is half-arsed done.

And can we have quick navigation back pls??? Ya know the drop down menu box with the different forum sections...

But srsly, please take about 30 mins to 1 hr and fix this thing up a bit.
    Yes, it takes just about that much time to make it all work.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    after 5-10min of reading threads i see lines of fuzzy white letter imprints cuz of the bad color scheme :c
  • xerosennin1989
    xerosennin1989 Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This contrast is way too agressive for the eyes QQ
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    Romkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ok so it seems arc is gonna be mandatory at this rate....also PWE ty for being so stupid making it more difficult to navigate the site. since a few times the tiny tab in the left hand corner to navigate sometimes loves to be other colors that dont work with war of shadows pic in the back...wait we in dysil's wrath if your gonna update your site do it completely -_- and learn your color schemes better. though i admit its better then a black background with dark blue color font....
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • Nanali - Storm Legion
    Nanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I do agree with what most said here already, the contrast between the text and background is too strong. Either lighten up the background or darken the text. It would also be nice to add some subtle color variety to it so its easier to tell apart the post from all the extra info (user, date, etc...) Buttons need to go with the color scheme as well XD

Also, some parts of the forum (reply to thread part) still have the old color scheme :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AngeIBunny - Illyfue
    AngeIBunny - Illyfue Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It HURTS MY EYES! fix it pls >.<
    BloodyVampy lv80 AngeIBunny IMPERIUM
    Frostie Mage lv80 AngelBunny IMPERIUM
    Divine Priest lv78 AngelTheBunny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thaynia - Illyfue
    Thaynia - Illyfue Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hahahhahaahahahahahahahahahhaahahahah

This is such a trainwreck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back. And by abyss, I mean PWE Customer Support
  • Naminaa - Storm Legion
    Naminaa - Storm Legion Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Q.Q Sure, makes it easier to read outside in the sun but hell...

It burns dangit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ✦Naminaa - 88 Dark Vampire - Imperium
    ✦Vaerion - 82 Light Bard - Imperium
    ✦Light bard, Wind bard, Water bard...ALL the bards!✦
    ✦I'm gonna swing from the chandelier. I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist .✦
  • Campino - Illyfue
    Campino - Illyfue Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ugly and damn bad for your eyes..
  • katjared
    katjared Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wonder if the one who chose this new color scheme was blind or something?
    i mean really are you trying to alienate players from the forums now?
    You already had people from PW rage about this yet you chose to use same for this game too?
    Change it!!
  • The_Expendable - Eyrda
    edited February 2014
    i think its actally easier to read at night :P
    but then again i am insane an spend most my time underground o-o
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    Aeonnix - Storm Legion Posts: 496 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I usually like this kind of format, although I can see the point about greying the text. It's a nitpick that's at least pointing out. Besides, white text is better for your eyes than a white background (i.e. Google, YouTube, Yahoo and nearly every other mainstream website the seems determined to blind people). Still, point well taken on wanting grey text. Light grey, of course.
    ok so it seems arc is gonna be mandatory at this rate....

It was made offcial that it's going to be mandatory several months ago. They did say they were going to put everything under arcgames.com. There is no "seems" about it.

As for the lack of menu, the whole transition is a work in progress, so they do need to hear that we want the menu back. I prefer a cleaner menu that isn't cluttered with unneeded things. Not sure if the lack of a menu is by design for simpler work between the website and the in-game Arc menu or if it's an oversight. Overall, I do like the change.

Edit: Of course, a longer way of a workaround is to grey the text yourself. :)
    Light Bards: Half the calories of regular bards.
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Anyone can point to where the old link for Zen is gone?

I can see on arc website the balance of zen in my account, but no way to transfer it to game o.O

Perhaps an oversight on redesigning the forums.

EDIT: Ok, found it on the main website. If anyone needs it: https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet
    It was made offcial that it's going to be mandatory several months ago. They did say they were going to put everything under arcgames.com. There is no "seems" about it.

Exactly. Already stated once Arc is complete, all game patches will be available only via ARC. At this rate I would expect all this to be ready by the 90 lvl cap patch. So if u aren't going to be playing using ARC, enjoy the game until then. After that u probably wont be able to update ur client unless u install ARC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    edited February 2014
    Anyone can point to where the old link for Zen is gone?

I can see on arc website the balance of zen in my account, but no way to transfer it to game o.O

Perhaps an oversight on redesigning the forums.

EDIT: Ok, found it on the main website. If anyone needs it: https://billing.perfectworld.com/mywallet

We'll see how long that link lasts before they change addresses.
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    edited February 2014

i guess i missed that thread O.o
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • Aeonnix - Storm Legion
    edited February 2014
    i guess i missed that thread O.o

It was on the news page. No matter. You know now and that's all that matters. :)
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the new color theme S.U.C.K.S.

is a pain to read..

RIP Forum!!

• Dudettte - Illyfue
    Dudettte - Illyfue Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This stuff is facking awesome!

The OP for each thread has to make his point within two lines otherwise ppl will just post: TL,DR
    Which would even be recommended by ophthalmologists.
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    edited February 2014
    It was on the news page. No matter. You know now and that's all that matters. :)

LOL no wonder i missed it i never went to the news page only straight to the forum x)
  • AquaIung - Illyfue
    AquaIung - Illyfue Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They changed the forums and made it horrible on the eyes so that people don't come here anymore. You people are so gullible, gad! They don't wanna deal with people asking and saying all the right things, poking them where it bugs them... They make the forums fugly to chase us away, doh!... xD
  • cureaustria
    cureaustria Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    who changed the textfont and colour to this AMAZING white

its ten times more difficult to read now
  • tinkbx1
    tinkbx1 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    has anyone tried clicking a link that takes u to a saved tree in the talent calculator? LOL it won't work.
    upon clicking the link, u get the "ERMAGERD GOING TO ARC WEBSITE" pop up, and have >10 seconds to decide to click "go to arc" OR the pwe home page OR u can sit and let it redirect u automatically...

this isn't, obviously, what i wanted. i clicked a link to check out a tree in the TC because i'm curious as to a build for XYZ - i did NOT want to go to the damned arc page.
    (which, btw, is laid out horribly - "user friendly" is clearly not in the designer's dictionary)