Huge lags + Spike since jan 1st 2014

13»

Comments

• Naminaa - Storm Legion
    Naminaa - Storm Legion Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I still have the occasional lag, but even though my ping will be 600+, i really have no lag. Even with my textures fully up (that can really lag you), i dont feel the lag. But it definitely gets bad. The only thing that ticks me off is the fact that my screen freezes when i walk or attack.

I freeze for 3-5 seconds every so often, whether in an empty FH, or a GoS. Its just an irritation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ✦Naminaa - 88 Dark Vampire - Imperium
    ✦Vaerion - 82 Light Bard - Imperium
    ✦Light bard, Wind bard, Water bard...ALL the bards!✦
    ✦I'm gonna swing from the chandelier. I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist .✦
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I freeze for 3-5 seconds every so often, whether in an empty FH, or a GoS. Its just an irritation.

This is what happened very frequently today in HR and yesterday during arena. It is very annoying as you cannot play when this keeps happening.
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • Lohym - Illyfue
    Lohym - Illyfue Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is what happened very frequently today in HR and yesterday during arena. It is very annoying as you cannot play when this keeps happening.

They really really don't care at the least bit.

We got a new product manager and he promised all these things, yet no reply in this thread.

Illyfue suffers from lag still, it's been a month. Pffff, lol... Just laughable.
    Cute, shy, poor Frost Mage Lolo Lv80
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't suffer lags anymore T;Moustache

But, that's cos I'm on my Xbox playing other stuff instead T;Applauding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE
  • Naminaa - Storm Legion
    edited January 2014
    They really really don't care at the least bit.

We got a new product manager and he promised all these things, yet no reply in this thread.

Illyfue suffers from lag still, it's been a month. Pffff, lol... Just laughable.

Very very true...

Unfortunately, not everyone has the lag. .-. I know people on Storm who are like.."what lag?" So...its odd to say the least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ✦I'm gonna swing from the chandelier. I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist .✦
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »
    And for both Storm and Eyrda. You're getting new servers at a new data center after CNY. We hopeful that this will be a step in resolving the lag spikes that some players experiencing.

heres the update everyone was waiting for... from the "why are people leaving" thread
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Thaynia - Illyfue
    Thaynia - Illyfue Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    heres the update everyone was waiting for... from the "why are people leaving" thread
    Nice to hear about European servers getting some support- y'know my blatant sarcasm isn't even needed here, I think this speaks for itself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I stared into the abyss and the abyss stared back. And by abyss, I mean PWE Customer Support
  • Lohym - Illyfue
    edited February 2014
    And for both Storm and Eyrda. You're getting new servers at a new data center after CNY. We hopeful that this will be a step in resolving the lag spikes that some players experiencing.

I love how the sky is falling on Illyfue. People i play with everyday, have quit cos of this and US gets new serves.....

I'm sure all EU players would love to hear good news like these as well, but it feels like there is a serious indiference? Maybe we are seen as a minority so it's not important enough to worry about? EU not so important lets give Murica what they want. Muricaaaa!!!!! -throws burgers around- T;Moustache

Murica!!!.jpg
  • Magicastic - Illyfue
    Magicastic - Illyfue Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I love how the sky is falling on Illyfue. People i play with everyday, have quit cos of this and US gets new serves.....

I'm sure all EU players would love to hear good news like these as well, but it feels like there is a serious indiference? Maybe we are seen as a minority so it's not important enough to worry about? EU not so important lets give the greasy donut stuffers what they want. Muricaaaa!!!!! -throws burgers around- T;Moustache

Murica!!!.jpg

burgersss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Server: Lionheart (May 2011-April 2012)
    ~Evil Mark~ Level 80 Frost Mage - Retired

Server: Illyfue (Present)
    ~Magicastic~ Level 80 Frost Mage - Inactive
  • Haareth - Illyfue
    Haareth - Illyfue Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Murica!!!.jpg
    ^ this T;Sleepy phacking discrimination inside ;_;
    ~ Clyfar - Divine/glacial priest ~ Rapsodiah - LightWater/wind bard

- Nupi videos in youtube.com/channel/UC0yrEAYP0eZUKKfeklBHumQ -
  • Lohym - Illyfue
    edited February 2014
    May I ask like who have quitted? :o

Not gonna give names as i dont know if they are ppl you get along with or not. I'm not gonna start some drama thread. But a couple i play with on a daily basis is no longer there. And one of em lives in the UK (so not playing from somewhere far far away to lag that bad, but he does anyway) They log on do henries then log off cos the lag is too bad to do naything else. Illyfue feels emptier everyday i see it cos i play almost all day and everyday.

I for instance don't have lag but do you have any idea how annoying it is to do Komog with 10 other people lagging??? It's a disaster.. And not just Komg, there is pvp and instances like gos too where someone needs to run but tey fail cos they lag. T;Sleepy

Illyfue and Nyos deserve new servers too, period.
  • Eklipze - Illyfue
    Eklipze - Illyfue Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Excuse me I don't want to complain, but for me just passed a week when it's not possible to play through lags.
    I would like to ask how long it will take to make it playable again?

Greetings from Illyfue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkylines - Illyfue
    DarkSkylines - Illyfue Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i think you guys need to have lionheart looked at, im getting 130 ping one minute and then in seconds it jumps around from 5k to 10k to almost 20k and i cant get anything done, and i already checked my network, its not the issue, 64MB/s connection speed and wifi internet isnt the problem and yes i tried this with 3 other characters and its still the same
  • serenity234876
    serenity234876 Posts: 726 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll make sure this gets pushed up in our engineering teams' priority.

We're going to focus on Illyfue's network structure first. If they find a problem constricting network communications the fix will be rolled out to all servers if necessary.

Last update was much more than a week ago......
    How about keeping this thread updated with how things progress since we all just get sent here.....
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    Sheriana - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hi, i do not know about you pple, but for me lionheart is still laggy and i just hate it when i get thrown out of game. Please tell me that it will be fixed very soon
    BOMB SQUAD: If you see me running you better catch up!

Give me the materials and tools, and slink off for a month, I will not only move the Earth, I will create a new one!

9:00 - Everyone I do not drink coffee, do not eat candy and do not use foul language!
    17:00 - (Insert Foul language)! My candy has fallen into my coffee!
  • Naminaa - Storm Legion
    edited February 2014
    Yes, the lag still continues. I'm a bit tired of having to hide players and effects just to move through FH sometimes. .-. I'd like to see my hubbie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nimluen - Dyos
    Nimluen - Dyos Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Last saturday when rift started (1.2.14, 20-22 MEZ) lots of people disconnected from Dyos and we had massiv lag spikes in this period. It's not the first time that this problem occures on weekends. The week before we lost two channels.

It couldn't be a provider problem because they had different providers.

In addition most of the players on dyos come from germany, swiss or austria, so the problem
    of long ways to our server can't be the problem.
  • Lohym - Illyfue
    edited February 2014
    As of yesterday I too started lagging... Awesome...

It'd be nice if Croxe actually quit being quiet and give us an update. And maybe a confirmation wether Illyfue will get new servers as well, like he keeps advertising here and there yet, being very vague as to who exactly is getting this new hardware...

I feel like I'm talking to a wall here, but whatever.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same here, more and more people staying more for the people they like in game than for the game's content, and this can't go on forever..

Could you GM please at least update this thread once a week in order to keep us updated about what is currently going on, even if they haven't find anything yet, but at least something so we know an investigation is currently going on.. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • kuukami
    kuukami Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Even though Croxe considers me a "fringe" player and my issues not valid since I play outside of the EU my current lag has nothing to do with networking.

When I first starting playing the Illyfue servers three years ago I did have more lag than EU players; however, the latency wasn't that bad and I was able to compensate for the 1/2 to 1 second I was behind everyone else.

Since January the lag has become ridiculous. On days when I can barely move through the harbor I run traceroutes and all I get as results are the usual numbers for ping that I USED to have when I started playing. Same 350-410ish area.

But even though my networking speed is the same my in-game ping is now hitting 3.5K-6K consistently with spikes of up to 18K almost everyday.

It seems convenient that players from outside the EU can be dismissed as "fringe" and "non-valid" even though their lag is just as atypical as the local players.
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same here, more and more people staying more for the people they like in game than for the game's content, and this can't go on forever..

Gini.. you hit the nail with this one mate. We are here for a few people, just like how we are keeping them in game too. If gaming experience in FW keeps deteriorating, those keeping us here, together with us, will not have an issue moving else where. Peace!
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
    XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What is going on? why is every server lagging like crazy? I left eyrda server it was lagging I get to Lionheart server and its doing the same thing? Are you guys going to tell us if they are going to ever fix this problem or not? Because its driving me bonkers!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
  • Naminaa - Storm Legion
    edited February 2014
    Oh, the sweet lag while doing HR. And, it is getting worse, I am telling you! My character is constantly freezing up, mobs freeze, I can open my bag and click things and yet use nothing. It unfreezes, I'm dying, use a quick Dark vampy heal, then three seconds later, freeze again. I'm frozen for like a minute, and then unfreeze to be told I ran out of time...

God damn you! The one day I am interested, maybe even ecstatic to do hellroad, and you do this???!!

This is why I can't have nice things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still nothing new about that issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Naminaa - Storm Legion
    edited February 2014
    Still nothing new about that issue?

Nope, the only difference is that the recent patch has somehow made the lag even worse than before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]