Introducing Croxe

Comments

• admcroxe
    admcroxe Posts: 95
    edited January 2014
    I want to clarify that I'm not the CM for the game. I'm the Product Manager for the game. Although I camp out on forums more than most PMs. Getting us an active community focused CM sits high on the list of projects for this game.

As for sales, you'll find that I sit on the conservative side of things. 50% off sales on items will be few and far between. There will naturally be smaller regular sales (as long as things go correctly on the back end). The last few months were shaky with the transition and some technical/scheduling issues resulting in some weeks and a very sad month without sales. We're definitely taking the necessary steps to avoid these situations in the future.

I have a huge list of wants for events. With the power of the Arc platform I'm excited about some of the events that should be possible in the future. I also have 5 years worth of events that I want to get adapted to work in FW. It should be a fun time.
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    Romkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    admcroxe wrote: »
    I want to clarify that I'm not the CM for the game. I'm the Product Manager for the game. Although I camp out on forums more than most PMs. Getting us an active community focused CM sits high on the list of projects for this game.

As for sales, you'll find that I sit on the conservative side of things. 50% off sales on items will be few and far between. There will naturally be smaller regular sales (as long as things go correctly on the back end). The last few months were shaky with the transition and some technical/scheduling issues resulting in some weeks and a very sad month without sales. We're definitely taking the necessary steps to avoid these situations in the future.

I have a huge list of wants for events. With the power of the Arc platform I'm excited about some of the events that should be possible in the future. I also have 5 years worth of events that I want to get adapted to work in FW. It should be a fun time.

o.o dis guy likes arc it seems o.o even though it is unnecessary program to even use and just wastes space on your HDD. o.o if i hadnt played fw back in 2011 and would have to download arc now i would actually walk away from the site and play a game else where o.o so can you at least push arc as an unneeded program and not force people? i did download it just to see the UI of it and now it wants to run when i open up the forums here -_-
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • vursed
    vursed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

willl we be getting charge rewards soon? any clarification on what an event entails?

and btw, i forgot to welcome you, so welcome !
  • admcroxe
    edited January 2014
    o.o dis guy likes arc it seems o.o even though it is unnecessary program to even use and just wastes space on your HDD. o.o if i hadnt played fw back in 2011 and would have to download arc now i would actually walk away from the site and play a game else where o.o so can you at least push arc as an unneeded program and not force people? i did download it just to see the UI of it and now it wants to run when i open up the forums here -_-

I can understand your dislike for new platform tools like Arc, but as we get more and more features added to the program I can pretty sure bet that you'll like what it has to offer. The ultimate goal is to have Arc be as unobtrusive as possible so I'll look into that behavior when you visit the forums.
  • Drachus - Eyrda
    Drachus - Eyrda Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the clarification xD Still nice to have another staff member dedicated to FW... we have been kinda lacking on staff for a long while...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admcroxe
    edited January 2014
    vursed wrote: »
    willl we be getting charge rewards soon? any clarification on what an event entails?

and btw, i forgot to welcome you, so welcome !

I don't announce the schedule of promotions or sales until they are ready to go. That being said I am aware of Charge Rewards, and they will be run at the proper times for the game. While we all wish that sales and promotions could be run all the time, that is not healthy for the long term operation of the game.

I classify events as anything that changes the status quo of the game in such a manner that focuses the population to perform tasks that vary from their regular routine. A vague definition for sure, but until i get 100% verification on what types of events we can get working for FW I don't want to get your hopes up needlessly.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited January 2014

honestly i dont know why ppl keep mentioning 50% off sales cuz weve gotten those extremely rarely and arent really a big thing, so ofc idk why anyone would expect you guys to throw one out at us but honestly all we want is a decent sale (10-30% or w/e) on important items like fusion agents and star diamonds and stuff that have more than doubled in gold price in the past few months due to lack of sales. especially when the very few sales pwe has thrown at us recently have been things players really could care less for (orbs....that sale on anima stuffs a few weeks ago, etc).

so if we can start seeing just a few sales here and there of high demand items, alot of people would be very happy (especially a return of weekend bogos every week of that sort). nothing crazy. :)

and, male or female D:
  • Romkin - Lionheart
    Romkin - Lionheart Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can understand your dislike for new platform tools like Arc, but as we get more and more features added to the program I can pretty sure bet that you'll like what it has to offer. The ultimate goal is to have Arc be as unobtrusive as possible so I'll look into that behavior when you visit the forums.

i wont speak for anyone else but i will say this a gamer just wants to play games they enjoy. You can give it as many features as you want but a real gamer just wants to play the game and generally wont care for/desire for any kind of ummm programs like Arc. since you said you were a gamer im sure you can see where im coming from. and do consider most people i know who have desktops/laptops wont download programs like arc to play a game they think they will enjoy cause they would be afraid it would give a virus or mess up their PC. and i had just uninstalled it so not getting that notification on the forum now but i really think no one wants to open up a 3rd party program just to go to a list of games they own and click play ont he game list then click play again on the launcher it just wastes time but like i said most gamers just want to pop in game asap and just play. Or at least put up a poll and let the players decide whether it should be implemented. from what i seen on the forums here most people dont even want it and they know/feel that it is forced.
    -Don't hate on Henry. He has grand plans for all that burnt meat, cod and metal rings. GRAND PLANS! -GreyjoyKraken
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fresh meat. Were you warned ahead of time about some of us? ;)
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

highly doubt it since he already irked my main pet peeve here in the forums T;Astonished
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • admcroxe
    edited January 2014

I've had brief introductions. But I'm sure I'll get to know my active forum members as time goes on. We can have a fun time as long as people know what's appropriate and think before posting something that draws my ire. If someone does manage to repeatedly draw my attention in a negative manner...

I measure bans in years not days.

Forums are meeting places where people exchange ideas and views. If people heckle on my forums or contribute nothing to the discussion, they will be removed so that we can continue to have a good dialogue without distractions.
  • vynius
    vynius Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome to the Forsaken World community, Croxe. I have no doubt that you'll get this game flourishing once again like it did back in the open beta release.
  • Y_meh - Illyfue
    Y_meh - Illyfue Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    B;Hello

As someone said before me, welcome to the jungle - we certainly hope you enjoy your stay and that you are granted sufficient reign to introduce the changes that would restore this game to it's full potential.

As for well documented bugs that needs fixing, I believe the following two that were buried in the Bug section deserve some attention too

T;Applauding

Auto Route Bug

Pet Damge Control Training not working

Thans for taking a peek at these.

welcome-to-the-jungle_o_2168945.webp
    You have to admire stupidity for its destructive potential.
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    welcome-to-the-jungle_o_2168945.webp

I see what you did there. Clever yet amusing. The welcome session is over. Lets see what this brings us.
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Forums are meeting places where people exchange ideas and views. If people heckle on my forums or contribute nothing to the discussion, they will be removed so that we can continue to have a good dialogue without distractions.

I swear to God if you turn into melanderi with the censorship im leaving FW permanently
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IStealth - Eyrda
    IStealth - Eyrda Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Denizens of Eyrda,

Let me take a moment to introduce myself. I am known as Croxe (pronounced crow) and I will be in charge of the operation of Forsaken World from now on. I have been a hardcore MMORPG player since 2003 and have been involved in MMO operations approaching 5 years this March. I started working on MMORPGs because as a player I always felt that I could do a better job than the fledgling operators that were involved in the early era of the genre. My goal is to always give games and their communities the love and attention they deserve. I am looking forward to working on this game and I am eager to start pushing for new improvements to both the game and community.

As a community you can help me by providing two things; constructive criticism and feedback. If we implement something you do not like, be it a sale, event, or addition to the game, let us know why you did not like it and what changes you think would help make it something that you would consider. On the flipside if we implement something you love or enjoyed let us know what stood out for you or how we can make it more enjoyable.

The ultimate goal is to make sure that as many people possible are having fun playing the game and interacting in the community.

Feel free to say hi and ask me anything below!
    Put the Easter bunny fashion in the boutique, you'll instantly win me over! By the way! Hi~
  • vynius
    vynius Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Put the Easter bunny fashion in the boutique, you'll instantly win me over! By the way! Hi~

Here is a better idea, make the fashion that can be won from orbs be preview-able or make orbs solely to win fashion! I think that one of the flying mounts in the Boutique should have a Soul Leaf option, probably the worst one so while you get something better than the balloon, you are still tempted to buy something even better.
  • amarantos
    edited January 2014

i second this.
  • Rebarg - Illyfue
    Rebarg - Illyfue Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I plan to be here for a while.

Hope you stay longer than Melanderi [*]
  • admcroxe
    edited January 2014
    I swear to God if you turn into melanderi with the censorship im leaving FW permanently

I want you to search posts that you made in the last week. If you helped someone with an issue, contributed in a respectful way in a discussion, or contributed in having fun, you have nothing to worry about. If all you posted was bile and filth, hostile to other players or hostile to the staff, you might want to back away and consider how you post something or what being part of a community means.

The thing about us MMO players is we get passionate about the games we enjoy. Sometimes that passion blinds us and while we want what's best for the game, we don't necessarily say what is best, or say what we want to say in the best manner. I understand this. If someone is pushing the limits of my tolerance they will hear from me privately and get a chance to get on the same page when it comes to communicating for the benefit of the game.

Being critical is very different from being hateful. I welcome criticism, I do not tolerate hate.
  • amarantos
    edited January 2014
    quick question, when is mounted handheld fashion animation going to be fixed :confused:

i miss wearing my handhelds but cant stand the goofy positions :(
  • admcroxe
    edited January 2014
    amarantos wrote: »
    quick question, when is mounted handheld fashion animation going to be fixed :confused:

i miss wearing my handhelds but cant stand the goofy positions :(

This is in the process of being fixed. No ETA yet on the exact patch date. The patching process for this game is more of a dance than I'm used to. T;Angry

@ IStealth: Easter is April 20th this year.

@vynius: That would be cool to have, but is outside the current capabilities of the item store. But I do think it's important that you know what you could get and not have to hunt for it. So we can compromise and get an Encyclopedia on Orb contents up in the forums in the meantime.
  • cireneila1
    cireneila1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    First I wanna say "Welcome to FW". I really hope, that the communication between PWE and the playerbase will be revived with your arrival here.
    I've had brief introductions. But I'm sure I'll get to know my active forum members as time goes on. We can have a fun time as long as people know what's appropriate and think before posting something that draws my ire. If someone does manage to repeatedly draw my attention in a negative manner...

I also hope, that during your briefing the whole bunch of problems were a topic. If not, I suggest to take some time (days not hours) to read the forum posts (September or October 2013 would be good for starting to read). I'm kinda known for my Open Letters to PWE (someone called me Mr. Wall of Text ;) - thx Brim) and I hope, that I don't need to write another one. It would be nice, if you could take a moment reading the last one, because some of the mentioned topics are still unanswered. I would post the link, but somehow it doesn't work - have fun with the forum search ;) .
    I measure bans in years not days.
    I measure the reading time for my Open Letters in hours not minutes. :D

I agree. Btw, constructive critizism shouldn't be answered with a "I don't like it - Thread closed" attitude as happen in the past - just saying.

There is a lot of work waiting for you admcroxe - Good luck and have fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nanali - Storm Legion
    Nanali - Storm Legion Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like your positive attitude, welcome and hope to see you around often!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had to dig this up for you Croxe. Soul leaves needs to become more useful..
    How about introducing:-

1) fashion id items and re-id items
    2) gear re-id scrolls
    3) reforge charms
    4) fly mount energy shards
    5) fireworks
    6) faith tablets,
    7) magical key for daily attendance check in box
    8) Ancient blood for combat mounts
    9) Guild Base Core
    10) Action scrolls
    11) Life/Mana Serums
    12) world flutes
    13) Aepelio Treasury Order
    14) Packs containing soul power and soul gold.

for soul leafs (:D for spelling)? The items will be bound to the character they were purchased from since soul leafs were used. It will not break the existing economy and players will use up their soul leafs. Following which, we have to start farming those again.

It will be a win-win situation for both players and the game managers(PWE).

Please feel free to add or correct my post. Cheers.

You can find more feedback from the players here:

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=475711&highlight=soul+leafs

Also Croxe, how much longer till boogie action is fixed? That is a cash shop item and it is still broken, for quite some time now, if I may add.

We will give you more feedback and constructive criticism when the situation calls for it.
    Hopefully, you do not let us down.
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • amarantos
    edited January 2014
    This is in the process of being fixed. No ETA yet on the exact patch date. The patching process for this game is more of a dance than I'm used to. T;Angry

@ IStealth: Easter is April 20th this year.

@vynius: That would be cool to have, but is outside the current capabilities of the item store. But I do think it's important that you know what you could get and not have to hunt for it. So we can compromise and get an Encyclopedia on Orb contents up in the forums in the meantime.

as long as its in the works, thats the important part!

easter was march 31st last year but no fashion (cough rollback cough) 1-1 in reliability there :P

cough fw wiki cough D: (also, poptarts one thread on fashions would be useful)
  • PoPxTart - Lionheart
    PoPxTart - Lionheart Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    WELCOME!! I hope ur staying a long while and not giving up on us!!!T;Kissing
    [SIGPIC]http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=34718012001&dateline=1429303178[/SIGPIC]

<Forever with AlexejRomanov>
    PoPxTart - lvl 90 Wind Bard
    UsagiDrops - lvl 90 Frost Mage
    LimeBunnie - lvl 90 Divine Priest
  • VyXantia - Lionheart
    VyXantia - Lionheart Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    amarantos wrote: »
    honestly i dont know why ppl keep mentioning 50% off sales cuz weve gotten those extremely rarely and arent really a big thing, so ofc idk why anyone would expect you guys to throw one out at us but honestly all we want is a decent sale (10-30% or w/e) on important items like fusion agents and star diamonds and stuff that have more than doubled in gold price in the past few months due to lack of sales. especially when the very few sales pwe has thrown at us recently have been things players really could care less for (orbs....that sale on anima stuffs a few weeks ago, etc).

so if we can start seeing just a few sales here and there of high demand items, alot of people would be very happy (especially a return of weekend bogos every week of that sort). nothing crazy. :)

This exactly... we hardly ever get any 50% off sales and I don't expect that to change. I'd just like to see reasonable sales on a regular basis, to give players a reason to buy/spend leaves and stimulate the in-game economy.

I used to look forward to a new sale each weekend... wondering what would be on sale and whether it would be items I could use or resell in the AH to try and turn a profit... T;Begging
    I want you to search posts that you made in the last week. If you helped someone with an issue, contributed in a respectful way in a discussion, or contributed in having fun, you have nothing to worry about. If all you posted was bile and filth, hostile to other players or hostile to the staff, you might want to back away and consider how you post something or what being part of a community means.

The thing about us MMO players is we get passionate about the games we enjoy. Sometimes that passion blinds us and while we want what's best for the game, we don't necessarily say what is best, or say what we want to say in the best manner. I understand this. If someone is pushing the limits of my tolerance they will hear from me privately and get a chance to get on the same page when it comes to communicating for the benefit of the game.

Being critical is very different from being hateful. I welcome criticism, I do not tolerate hate.

+1 to this definitely... FW needs some work, but it's still a very enjoyable game and I think that sometimes our forum discussions become so negative, that we may scare off new players, before they even try the game... T;Frozen

I'd like to see our forum turned into a place that really reflects the friendly, helpful community you can find in-game. T;Applauding
    CSers are needed to financially support the game,
    Non-CSers are needed to expand the player base,
    Both are equally important to the game.

So don't be hatin'... :)
  • nommuffins
    nommuffins Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Welcome, Croxe!

And may your stay be a long one T;Applauding

It's been awhile since we've gotten the love and attention we've needed as a player-base, and its exciting to see someone new step in. T;Kissing
This discussion has been closed.