No freedom of speech

2»

Comments

• Ashtan - Lionheart
    Ashtan - Lionheart Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How could sumthing as simpull as a typow bug u sew many ash?T;Applauding

I demand a swift and quick, no questions asked ban of Iolar for this please.T;Angry

T;Sly
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi, as soon as you say the truth the thread gets closed?T;Puzzling
    As soon as you say what is on your mind the thread gets closed?T;Puzzling
    Are we free?T;Puzzling

Applying American Bill of Rights to an international game.

Genius.jpeg
  • nalensmommy
    nalensmommy Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We would not blow up that bad if, the rest of staff would explain things more than give us tiny answers....

I'm still waiting for the explanation of the first server restart on lionheart at 10pm Saturday followed by the 1am one to set the time back...Defender never explained that mess up...

Only one i see really trying to explain anything to us is 1 single person and it should not be his job alone...

Grey's not at fault, grey just barely came back from getting married to Loki.... so not his fault at all...

You want us happy....then staff should start caring more and explain things instead of not explaining and hiding and or giving the most vague of answers.

Yeah i'm glad GREY explained why there was emergency maint. that was wonderful....

If i could i would love grey to explain everything..BUT that is not all for him...The rest of staff NEED TO HELP HIM not HINDER and make us the most rage happy beasts!

So.... Answer quests with real answers will make us happy, explain when something goes wrong and actually say "SORRY for this you guys!" (Defender i'm waiting on this, as you're the one who made the post on the time...and we got it 2 times in one evening! 10pm and 1am server restarts only the 1am set the time back so 10pm was for?), and actually act like you care when you do post...

Sure its a lot (I dont think so) but you know what.... we wouldn't be so angry with REAL answers and real posts ((so far....Grey is the ONLY one who is making an effort to keep us updated and in the loop...HECK he even post about something he did in real life...How many others are trying to be real with us and not robots? exactly.))

Sure you're going to get rage because of the lack of caring from staff...YES you dont care you get rage...its easy to figure that out, it goes for every company not just the virtual world.

So if you treat us like we matter, give us an honest effort (like grey does) we wont get SO angry SURE we will have our disappointments (Cross Server pvp....but i can see that issue as we have PVE servers and PVP and DIFFERENT time zones for those...So i can see how that can be a big hassel).

BUT honestly if we get some form of real update, some real answers, some real personal people who care (LIKE GREY...Loki and Crab were just as helpful as Grey and kept us informed) then we would be happier!

Did you ever notice once Loki and Crab left everything fell apart? why? because they were the Trinity of the forums...They were the glue that kept it amazing.

The three of them were the most helpful and awesome at keeping us updated.. I dreaded when i heard they were leaving...

Grey is alone as far as I am concerned and that is terrible for Grey because he has to pick up the slack and its not fair to him He needs more help (better help..Ie... Loki and Crab back)...DO you know i got MORE help from Crab when HE LEFT than i got from Customer Service? I didn't want to bother Grey because i knew he would be going through hell alone so i tried to lighten that as much as possible and turned to Crab who's not even here to get help...and i got it...

So yeah Grey's doing awesome for being alone..

All we want is the rest to atleast try! Give us updates, explanations, and answers and we wont be so livid 1/2 the time. Take some lessons from Grey, Loki and Crab and you know we'd be happier.
  • PerseusPri - Storm Legion
    PerseusPri - Storm Legion Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ofc there is no freedom of speech in privately owned forum, that being said there is this thing called Tolerance. Bit of an over reaction there i think. People are frustrated and need to vent a bit. You can always try warning someone n removing posts but that was your First comment on that thread was it not ? So yea, now people are gonna rage more, thats what happens when the Mod rage closes a thread. ijs
    "Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    Sheriana - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    eberg33k wrote: »
    Applying American Bill of Rights to an international game.

Not only American..... but this theme is closed, now we all look at kitten
    BOMB SQUAD: If you see me running you better catch up!

Give me the materials and tools, and slink off for a month, I will not only move the Earth, I will create a new one!

9:00 - Everyone I do not drink coffee, do not eat candy and do not use foul language!
    17:00 - (Insert Foul language)! My candy has fallen into my coffee!
  • CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion
    CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The power of cute compels you T;Applauding
    no lib bad lib lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    True Darkness
    80 sin played since idk..sometime 2012
  • tornathien
    tornathien Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not wrong..if you have to create an account and agree to a TOS before you are allowed to even make a post, it is a private server

yup, i wrote my orginal answer based on my state law on this type of matter. after looking into it the majority of the states pretty much let you run a private forum anyway you want, excluding discriminating based on sex, race, ect.
    i edidted my orginal post to reflect this
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We would not blow up that bad if, the rest of staff would explain things more than give us tiny answers....

I'm sorry, I didn't read the rest, but it seems you need some kitty Love.

Here:

cute_kitten_pictures_18.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • shadower777
    shadower777 Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    freedom of speech? I come from a game forum where they handle the rule: it's a 7+ game, so keep your language appropriate. say the word "****" once and you get a warning, say it after the warning and you get a weekly forum ban. FW is freedom compared to that game forum. and if you try to avoid their anti cursing system it's another week banned from the forums. It can always be worse T;Sleepy
  • Lohym - Illyfue
    Lohym - Illyfue Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi, as soon as you say the truth the thread gets closed?T;Puzzling
    As soon as you say what is on your mind the thread gets closed?T;Puzzling
    Are we free?T;Puzzling

You know what, I'm not a fan of Nyxa AT ALL (imo her attitude needs some serious editing), but I saw the thread she closed and I would have done the same as well.

You want to be informed, you want to be kept up to speed as to what is going on and when someone does exactly that (speaking especially for Grey here), than they get attacked like crazy. If you have criticism directed at the staff (I'm excluding mods), than you're well advised to just keep it to yourself. If you wanna complain about how much the game is sucking lately due to poorly managed staff, well... DON'T WORRY, everyone is aware of it, so there really is no point in beating a dead horse or whale or whatever that is.

Just be glad that the issue got acknowledged this fast and action was taken to begin with. Because sometimes they don't even care if there is a problem with the game or client for weeks and weeks and people will just go batsh1t crazy in the forums and no-one from staff will lift a finger or even say a word on the forum about it.

Seriously, you have no-one but the players to blame if that thread got closed. Trust me when I say, I really hate the way things are run regarding the game, ARC and forums but, honestly dude, it's pointless so stfu and just be glad someone is even bothering to say anything.
    Cute, shy, poor Frost Mage Lolo Lv80
  • LibitinaMo - Storm Legion
    LibitinaMo - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    no lib bad lib lol

[IMG][/img]kittens.jpg
    T;Sly
    LibitinaMorana - Dark Sin/Kinderd
    xINUGAMIx - Divine Priest/Lycan
    oODOLLYOo - Marksmen/Dwarf

Its going to crash, we shall all DC but its free to play so its alright by me. :p
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    More kittens pleaseT;Applauding They soothe your soul

Give me the materials and tools, and slink off for a month, I will not only move the Earth, I will create a new one!

9:00 - Everyone I do not drink coffee, do not eat candy and do not use foul language!
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    You know what, I'm not a fan of Nyxa AT ALL (imo her attitude needs some serious editing), but I saw the thread she closed and I would have done the same as well.

You want to be informed, you want to be kept up to speed as to what is going on and when someone does exactly that (speaking especially for Grey here), than they get attacked like crazy. If you have criticism directed at the staff (I'm excluding mods), than you're well advised to just keep it to yourself. If you wanna complain about how much the game is sucking lately due to poorly managed staff, well... DON'T WORRY, everyone is aware of it, so there really is no point in beating a dead horse or whale or whatever that is.

Just be glad that the issue got acknowledged this fast and action was taken to begin with. Because sometimes they don't even care if there is a problem with the game or client for weeks and weeks and people will just go batsh1t crazy in the forums and no-one from staff will lift a finger or even say a word on the forum about it.

Seriously, you have nothing but the players to blame if that thread got closed. Trust me when I say, I really hate the way things are run regarding the game, ARC and forums but, honestly dude, it's pointless so stfu and just be glad someone is even bothering to say anything.

Hello i think you only read the first thread, please read all of them to understand the situation now, and i did not attack Grey! He does a fantastic job! and if all the players stay mute noone will do anything!

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    see this thread is basically a pseudo-maint thread, people were able to explain their momentary outrage and apologize for it and even redirect the thread with cute kitten pics and whatnot, but you dont think that was all possible in the original thread? :confused:

yes alot of ppl are worn thin by the screwups this past DST weekend but honestly some ppl still would like to posts questions that pertain to this maint only, obviously we all know lionheart is having it atm but grey didn't mention anything about when the other servers go down and it would be nice to be able to ask that in the maint thread instead of ~by forums rules~ end up gettiing yelled at for asking it in a new thread or making an off-topic post in another thread. people in game are worried to start any instances because we have absolutely no notice of when the server might go down, and seeing lionheart got barely 10minutes notice anyone already in an instance might get screwed when it happens to the rest.

tl;dr but do you get what i'm getting at?
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    amarantos wrote: »
    see this thread is basically a pseudo-maint thread, people were able to explain their momentary outrage and apologize for it and even redirect the thread with cute kitten pics and whatnot, but you dont think that was all possible in the original thread? :confused:

yes alot of ppl are worn thin by the screwups this past DST weekend but honestly some ppl still would like to posts questions that pertain to this maint only, obviously we all know lionheart is having it atm but grey didn't mention anything about when the other servers go down and it would be nice to be able to ask that in the maint thread instead of ~by forums rules~ end up gettiing yelled at for asking it in a new thread or making an off-topic post in another thread. people in game are worried to start any instances because we have absolutely no notice of when the server might go down, and seeing lionheart got barely 10minutes notice anyone already in an instance might get screwed when it happens to the rest.

tl;dr but do you get what i'm getting at?

I"ll be more than happy to unlock it, just if there is an attack on the staff I will remove it
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    amarantos wrote: »

QUOTE]

of course i would have apologized and explain my outrage in the main thread, am sorry i did not get the chance to do so,but the main thread would have overflowen with kittys!T;Applauding

• Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Sticky is unlocked

feel free to post more kittens to keep everyone calm
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    I"ll be more than happy to unlock it, just if there is an attack on the staff I will remove it

I apologised alreadyB;Frightened and please add kittens to main threadT;Applauding
    Sticky is unlocked

feel free to post more kittens to keep everyone calm

thank you

• Lohym - Illyfue
    edited November 2013
    Look at my fluffy butt...
    fluffy-butt.jpg
    Look at it!
  • XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
    XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Look at my fluffy butt...
    fluffy-butt.jpg
    Look at it!

AWWWWWWW T;Applauding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
  • nalensmommy
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry, I didn't read the rest, but it seems you need some kitty Love.

Here:

cute_kitten_pictures_18.jpg

No no no magicka i just need your awesome "coming soon" posts god those make me smile :D
  • Lohym - Illyfue
    edited November 2013
    Hello i think you only read the first thread, please read all of them to understand the situation now, and i did not attack Grey! He does a fantastic job! and if all the players stay mute noone will do anything!

When I say "you" I don't mean YOU, it's a reference to the people that did attack Grey on that thread.

And I was just telling you why it got closed.
  • XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
    XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No no no magicka i just need your awesome "coming soon" posts god those make me smile :D

AWWW this is so adorable lolT;Applauding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
  • nalensmommy
    edited November 2013
    When I say "you" I don't mean YOU, it's a reference to the people that did attack Grey on that thread.

I actually didn't attack Grey (Grey Loki and Crab are free of my attacks lol)

I attacked Defenderofdreams for posting a certain time and then giving us a 10pm shut down and then a 1 am shut down following..

And not even posting (even this morning would have been nice) an "i'm sorry guys dont know what happened we're looking into it and will explain later"
  • Iolar - Lionheart
    Iolar - Lionheart Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I demand a swift and quick, no questions asked ban of Iolar for this please.T;Angry

T;Sly

</3 daw ash B;Frightened
    Lvl 90 WTF-Tree Sin
    Vice-Lead of AvatarT;Great
    Why? Because reasons.
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013

misunderstood, sorryB;Frightened
    x_eb766b4c.jpg

• womdon
    womdon Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Come on now, you have to expect people to rage after this weekend. Cutting off the game in the middle of rifts was a problem that arose not from complex technical difficulties, but because someone got confused by the time. It's also one that made a LOT of people grumpy, including me. T;Nosebleeding

Hopefully they get the character creation problem fixed. That certainly isn't a good first impression to people trying out the game for the first time, lol.