No freedom of speech

Sheriana - Lionheart
Sheriana - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
Hi, as soon as you say the truth the thread gets closed?T;Puzzling
As soon as you say what is on your mind the thread gets closed?T;Puzzling
Are we free?T;Puzzling
Post edited by Sheriana - Lionheart on
BOMB SQUAD: If you see me running you better catch up!

Give me the materials and tools, and slink off for a month, I will not only move the Earth, I will create a new one!

9:00 - Everyone I do not drink coffee, do not eat candy and do not use foul language!
17:00 - (Insert Foul language)! My candy has fallen into my coffee!

Comments

• Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi, as soon as you say the truth the thread gets closed?T;Puzzling
    As soon as you say what is on your mind the thread gets closed?T;Puzzling
    Are we free?T;Puzzling

No such thing as Freedom of Speech in a privately owned forum
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Freezatron - Lionheart
    Freezatron - Lionheart Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I dont think its right to post negativity towards Grey when half the time it isn't there fault that something either breaks or doesn't work right. Just do what the rest of us do, be quiet and be patient.
    Freezatron Lionheart - Retired/Quit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    when has any maint thread been closed regardless of what people are saying >.>

sure it's not a true maint but no diff from the regular weekly one x.x

why not just edit/delete 'attacking' posts instead of locking -_-
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited November 2013
    amarantos wrote: »

again...beacuse I'm hiding from the "truth"

but I know that when people see red they will post how thye feel with no regards to the rules...and even if I do remove it, it will be posted again with more rage...

we go thru this every year with DST, yes this is a bigger mess up and NO they didn't now about the Server Connection Error, I'm the one that repoted it to get it fixed, but if getting attacked to fix something is going to have this reaction I'll let the next unknown issue go
  • crimsondaisy
    crimsondaisy Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Because they can close it, that's why. It's easier. And it stops more hate from flowing, isn't it good actually?
  • Iolar - Lionheart
    Iolar - Lionheart Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2013

in all likeliness it would simply degrade from there and i doubt the mods want to edit the tons of posts incoming from this.

It sucks that 100% freedom to speak isn't around but I can understand the reasoning when it's straight out non-constructive confrontation.

Plus yes it's easier and a privately owned forum.

Honestly glad it's being fixed and I get the perspective of not wanting to be attacked for moderating a forum.
    Lvl 90 WTF-Tree Sin
    Vice-Lead of AvatarT;Great
    Why? Because reasons.
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    I dont think its right to post negativity towards Grey when half the time it isn't there fault that something either breaks or doesn't work right. Just do what the rest of us do, be quiet and be patient.

I know Grey wasn't in the wrong and am sorry if you think i posted about her, i did not.
    because we do not know who really is at fault and hoped thathey will hear and maybe work on it, never say that all their work is not appreciated, it is. I am thankful that they try and do something, am really happy when everything works, but it does not, and already too long. i dc'ed in ANC everal times, i got icked out of serverand so on. It is very disappointing and it disturbs my gametime.
    don't you feel the same?

Give me the materials and tools, and slink off for a month, I will not only move the Earth, I will create a new one!

9:00 - Everyone I do not drink coffee, do not eat candy and do not use foul language!
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    again...beacuse I'm hiding from the "truth"

but I know that when people see red they will post how thye feel with no regards to the rules...and even if I do remove it, it will be posted again with more rage...

we go thru this every year with DST, yes this is a bigger mess up and NO they didn't now about the Server Connection Error, I'm the one that repoted it to get it fixed, but if getting attacked to fix something is going to have this reaction I'll let the next unknown issue go

Thank you for posting about problems, please do not stop doing itT;Applauding
    (but I know that when people see red they will post how thye feel with no regards to the rules...and even if I do remove it, it will be posted again with more rage...)
    well of course, but maybe you can tell us in the tread to cool it down or you will close it, if we do not lisen then close it,but do give us a chance to say what we are thinking

• LibitinaMo - Storm Legion
    LibitinaMo - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know Grey wasn't in the wrong and am sorry if you think i posted about her, i did not.
    because we do not know who really is at fault and hoped thathey will hear and maybe work on it, never say that all their work is not appreciated, it is. I am thankful that they try and do something, am really happy when everything works, but it does not, and already too long. i dc'ed in ANC everal times, i got icked out of serverand so on. It is very disappointing and it disturbs my gametime.
    don't you feel the same?
    Honestly, I am more bothered and up set by the negative out put of players then I am about DCing and all that.
    LibitinaMorana - Dark Sin/Kinderd
    xINUGAMIx - Divine Priest/Lycan
    oODOLLYOo - Marksmen/Dwarf

Its going to crash, we shall all DC but its free to play so its alright by me. :p
  • Ashtan - Lionheart
    Ashtan - Lionheart Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    can someone please edit the title of the thread? "Speach" is making my OCD go crazy..
  • Kitanetos - Storm Legion
    Kitanetos - Storm Legion Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Indeed. Kudos to you. Some people need to learn to stop bashing staff.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited November 2013
    (but I know that when people see red they will post how thye feel with no regards to the rules...and even if I do remove it, it will be posted again with more rage...)
    well of course, but maybe you can tell us in the tread to cool it down or you will close it, if we do not lisen then close it,but do give us a chance to say what we are thinking

I shouldn't have to tell you to not attack the staff, I'm going on the basis that you are all mature adults and know how to handle yourself in situations.

Myself and the other mods have tried in the past to tell players to calm down and stop attacking, and it has blown up in our faces, times like this I don't give that option, since you have all had the weekend to post your "truths" and not face any consequnces due to the events.
    can someone please edit the title of the thread? "Speach" is making my OCD go crazy..

fixed
  • Ashtan - Lionheart
    Ashtan - Lionheart Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I shouldn't have to tell you to not attack the staff, I'm going on the basis that you are all mature adults and know how to handle yourself in situations.

Myself and the other mods have tried in the past to tell players to calm down and stop attacking, and it has blown up in our faces, times like this I don't give that option, since you have all had the weekend to post your "truths" and not face any consequnces due to the events.

fixed

ty T;Applauding
  • XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
    XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013

They probably would if it wouldn't be so much negativity behind most of the comments...I mean the forums are made for us to say things but not be negative or combative all the time because things don't go the way that you think it should.
    Things in this game happens if you already know...and we all play this game under a chance! Thats right a chance meaning whatever happens while you are playing it is how it is.. and that we need to be a bit more understanding to there jobs as well, after all it isn't every day that these people have to deal with this constant bashing of them but when it does happen it happens and they rather not have to deal with it ..I know what I am talking about I have had my turns of bashing too and being banned because of it...but...later on I have to realize that it is not helping the situation none the least. So in retrospect we need to be a bit more tolerant and understanding on both ends of the spectrum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
  • CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion
    CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have you people ever considered that trashing the devs and attacking them does not help at all and they could all at once just decide to ban every single on of you trashing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    True Darkness
    80 sin played since idk..sometime 2012
  • tornathien
    tornathien Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013

never mind, you are correct on this one to an extent. depending on which state you live in. each state has a different stance on this but most all of them allow the no freedom of speech on a private forum.
  • Xhiral - Eyrda
    Xhiral - Eyrda Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Have you people ever considered that trashing the devs and attacking them does not help at all and they could all at once just decide to ban every single on of you trashing them.

Our comments here don't go to the devs and I trash the devs in game not on forums. Anyway lets all be nice and stop being meanies. lets all get along. B;Hello
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    <<<I shouldn't have to tell you to not attack the staff, I'm going on the basis that you are all mature adults and know how to handle yourself in situations.

Myself and the other mods have tried in the past to tell players to calm down and stop attacking, and it has blown up in our faces, times like this I don't give that option, since you have all had the weekend to post your "truths" and not face any consequnces due to the events.>>> by Nyxa

Well sorry about your bad experience, but as i had almost no time to post my truths during weekends (not that i loke to do so) and then dc's just piled up on that vulcano and it burst, sorry. if this restart didn't happen it woulda have cooled down but what happened happened, i cannot take back my words because they needed to be said and now i will return back to my normal attidute, sorry

• Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here, stare at this picture for ten minutes and post more, you'll feel tons better:

cute-kittens-20-great-pictures-1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • shadower777
    shadower777 Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited November 2013

that would be 2 much trouble. just leave the building and it will all die.
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    They probably would if it wouldn't be so much negativity behind most of the comments...I mean the forums are made for us to say things but not be negative or combative all the time because things don't go the way that you think it should.
    Things in this game happens if you already know...and we all play this game under a chance! Thats right a chance meaning whatever happens while you are playing it is how it is.. and that we need to be a bit more understanding to there jobs as well, after all it isn't every day that these people have to deal with this constant bashing of them but when it does happen it happens and they rather not have to deal with it ..I know what I am talking about I have had my turns of bashing too and being banned because of it...but...later on I have to realize that it is not helping the situation none the least. So in retrospect we need to be a bit more tolerant and understanding on both ends of the spectrum.

I know, but it just burst and i apologised already, and really they break things because they do something, but it just burst, really sorry right now

• Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited November 2013
    tornathien wrote: »
    actually you are wrong, now if this server/company were located outside of the united states then it would be a different story.

Not wrong..if you have to create an account and agree to a TOS before you are allowed to even make a post, it is a private server
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    Here, stare at this picture for ten minutes and post more, you'll feel tons better:

Awwwwww Cute, TY am feeling sooo much betterT;Kissing

• Iolar - Lionheart
    Iolar - Lionheart Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ty T;Applauding

How could sumthing as simpull as a typow bug u sew many ash?T;Applauding
    Lvl 90 WTF-Tree Sin
    Vice-Lead of AvatarT;Great
    Why? Because reasons.
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When you made an account here, you agreed to the Tos and other contractual items mentioned on this website and the company.

Therefore your delusion of Free Speech in this forum is governed and restricted by the Contract and ToS you agreed to by creating an account

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2009/09/free-speech-in-online-communities-the-delusion-of-entitlement/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion
    CoyoteDeat - Storm Legion Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Either way I fail to see whats the point of people trashing everyone like god its a game....things break...things do not go as planned....it happens SUCK IT UP and deal with it. Show some maturity for once in your lives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    True Darkness
    80 sin played since idk..sometime 2012
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited November 2013
    <<<I shouldn't have to tell you to not attack the staff, I'm going on the basis that you are all mature adults and know how to handle yourself in situations.

Myself and the other mods have tried in the past to tell players to calm down and stop attacking, and it has blown up in our faces, times like this I don't give that option, since you have all had the weekend to post your "truths" and not face any consequnces due to the events.>>> by Nyxa

Well sorry about your bad experience, but as i had almost no time to post my truths during weekends (not that i loke to do so) and then dc's just piled up on that vulcano and it burst, sorry. if this restart didn't happen it woulda have cooled down but what happened happened, i cannot take back my words because they needed to be said and now i will return back to my normal attidute, sorry

All good, I know everyone is stressed out and hit thier limit with the dc's and what not over this weekend....

I'm going to go and stare at the kitty Magicka posted
  • XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
    XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    cute kitty post picture Magicka!!T;Applauding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    All good, I know everyone is stressed out and hit thier limit with the dc's and what not over this weekend....

I'm going to go and stare at the kitty Magicka posted

I am staring on it, it is just too cuteT;Applauding
    How about more kittens?T;Puzzling

• LibitinaMo - Storm Legion
    LibitinaMo - Storm Legion Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013

The power of cute compels you T;Applauding
    LibitinaMorana - Dark Sin/Kinderd
    xINUGAMIx - Divine Priest/Lycan
    oODOLLYOo - Marksmen/Dwarf

Its going to crash, we shall all DC but its free to play so its alright by me. :p