edited November 2013
    [SIGPIC]http://img163.imageshack.us/i/deur0g.png/[/SIGPIC]
    Special thanks to chaosheart27 for the awesome sig
    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Edgar Allan Poe
  • Tetsip - Lionheart
    Tetsip - Lionheart Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unable to connect to server,

WHEN ARE YALL GOING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM ?

OR AT least Give us accurate Information, about weather your server is Up or Down. ?

We could go play on another Server.

Or another Game. if this continues to Fail.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    Nyxa - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unable to connect to server,

WHEN ARE YALL GOING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM ?

OR AT least Give us accurate Information, about weather your server is Up or Down. ?

We could go play on another Server.

Or another Game. if this continues to Fail.

this is the second time you have been given an answer, stop posting that you can't get in and read the forums to get your answer
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    Sheriana - Lionheart Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this is the second time you have been given an answer, stop posting that you can't get in and read the forums to get your answer

you closed the thread
    just because we say what is on our minds! after the last restart we are angry! and closing the thread is making some of us more angry!
    BOMB SQUAD: If you see me running you better catch up!

Give me the materials and tools, and slink off for a month, I will not only move the Earth, I will create a new one!

9:00 - Everyone I do not drink coffee, do not eat candy and do not use foul language!
    17:00 - (Insert Foul language)! My candy has fallen into my coffee!
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited November 2013
    you closed the thread
    just because we say what is on our minds! after the last restart we are angry! and closing the thread is making some of us more angry!

so that should give me the right to start attacking you and your lack of compentence, since you cleary can't follow the rules that you agreed to follow while you are here in the forums?

if that's the case...then I have more than a few choice words that I could be posting in here too.

as for the lcoked thread and telling that person to stop posting, he never posted in the locked thread

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4697891&postcount=17

this is the other post....
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    so that should give me the right to start attacking you and your lack of compentence, since you cleary can't follow the rules that you agreed to follow while you are here in the forums?

if that's the case...then I have more than a few choice words that I could be posting in here too.

you are attacking us! we just say the truth! i know you are angry as well, and i never used prohibited words! if you cannot stomach truth.... well sorry, but truth is truth and i do not like this situation and the need to attack you either.
    to tell the truth i just stated what it feels like, i know pple that quit this game because of the lack of competence and normal info from GM's and programmers.

oh yes Tet is right, too many dc'sT;Shocked

Give me the materials and tools, and slink off for a month, I will not only move the Earth, I will create a new one!

9:00 - Everyone I do not drink coffee, do not eat candy and do not use foul language!
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited November 2013
    you are attacking us! we just say the truth! i know you are angry as well, and i never used prohibited words! if you cannot stomach truth.... well sorry, but truth is truth and i do not like this situation and the need to attack you either.
    to tell the truth i just stated what it feels like, i know pple that quit this game because of the lack of competence and normal info from GM's and programmers.

I'm not attacking you, you are the one going after the staff

doesn't need to be "prohibited words" attacking the staff is attacking the staff

You may not use the Forsaken World (FW) Forums to:

5. Harass, threaten, verbally abuse PWE as an entity along with its staffers, representatives and all registered users through any and all available channels (forums posts, PMs, in-game chat, etc.).

15. No mouthing off at staff.
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    WHY can you people NOT READ what has already been WRITTEN and STICKIED in this forum?

WHY do you feel it necessary to yell at staff and volunteers here and complain constantly?

You realise NOW surely that they are DOING A SERVER RESTART to attempt to correct an issue and you yelling and getting abusive in a forum thread is not helpful, wanted or in anyway constructive towards the issues getting fixed?

So fed up with the negativity in this forum...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • mekteh
    mekteh Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its say server restart..so for how long? like regular maint??2hr++??
  • XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
    XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree Magicka but...you have to understand how these people feel that is all it is pure frustration plain and simple however I do say that bad mouthing the staff is not going to help the situation one bit...especially since it has been posted already to what is going to be done. So why do it?
    The answer is they the ones that do are not in your position to do anything so lashing out is there way of venting. So I ask the mods to please be patient with these people while they feel the need to be angry and lash out. You already know what is happening so you really don't need to have to keep explaining yourselves to them or anyone else in that matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
  • Xhiral - Eyrda
    Xhiral - Eyrda Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rather it come down and be back up for (omg the shortcut for FORT KHOAWAY is edited) than leave it up and take it down during (sigh FORT KH...). Those scrolls are gonna be like mana soon ........... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!T;Away
  • jillimack1
    jillimack1 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The original thread said they would be restarting the server around 11am PST, that was just over 45m ago and it's still not up.
    Any idea when they are going to fix this and get the server working?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Smile for a while and let's be jolly, love shouldn't be so meloncholy....
  • Mithrindil - Lionheart
    Mithrindil - Lionheart Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jillimack1 wrote: »
    The original thread said they would be restarting the server around 11am PST, that was just over 45m ago and it's still not up.
    Any idea when they are going to fix this and get the server working?

Sever has been down around 25 minutes now, have some patience.
    Maint usually takes 1.5 - 2 hours. I'm sure the staff will inform you when the server is live again.
    Mithrindil - Level 88 Glacial Priest
    Vagabonds Guild Lead
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    I agree Magicka but...you have to understand how these people feel that is all it is pure frustration plain and simple however I do say that bad mouthing the staff is not going to help the situation one bit...especially since it has been posted already to what is going to be done. So why do it?
    The answer is they the ones that do are not in your position to do anything so lashing out is there way of venting. So I ask the mods to please be patient with these people while they feel the need to be angry and lash out. You already know what is happening so you really don't need to have to keep explaining yourselves to them or anyone else in that matter.
    Well sory that i am frustratedT;Shocked
    i already explained to Nyxa why i am frustrated and that i did not want to bash the staff, if you have not understood that sorry, but it just burst outT;Shocked
    Really sorry about that, but the last days restarts and dc's were too frustrating

• sirvicar
    sirvicar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You know you all should calm down its a game. an all soneeds to be common curtiousy and when you tell someone they have a lack of compentence, your breaking your own rules that you just said for the players not to break the tos mean you an players follow same rules i do believe. as a moderator your supposta stay cool an calm . Dont seem as your doing that i just came back today . an from the little word play between you all makes me want to uninstall an go back right out of the game.As i said its only a game its no real. correction i just uninstalled better things to do Good luck
  • jillimack1
    edited November 2013
    Sever has been down around 25 minutes now, have some patience.
    Maint usually takes 1.5 - 2 hours. I'm sure the staff will inform you when the server is live again.

I am sure they will except for the fact that they didn't actually mention how long maint would take this time, regardless of the fact that it 'usually takes 1-2 hours'...that does not necessarily mean what they are doing now will take that long, for all we know it could take longer right?
    I have not been here nor have I tried to get into the game until now so I didn't know how long the server has been down for. I don't live on PST time.

Hopefully it wont be to much longer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Smile for a while and let's be jolly, love shouldn't be so meloncholy....
  • Mithrindil - Lionheart
    Mithrindil - Lionheart Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jillimack1 wrote: »
    I am sure they will except for the fact that they didn't actually mention how long maint would take this time, regardless of the fact that it 'usually takes 1-2 hours'...that does not necessarily mean what they are doing now will take that long, for all we know it could take longer right?
    I have not been here nor have I tried to get into the game until now so I didn't know how long the server has been down for. I don't live on PST time.

Hopefully it wont be to much longer.

I don't live on PST time either so I gotta forward everything 3 hours first lol.
    I've heard it was just a restart, but I've heard it was also maint. So who knows D:
    Mithrindil - Level 88 Glacial Priest
    Vagabonds Guild Lead
  • eberg33k
    eberg33k Posts: 772 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This thread makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

I laugh cause the button to make a new thread is RIGHT above the thread that answers the first question.

I cry because this is made by a human somewhere, in some country, making decisions and **** up society.
  • Sheriana - Lionheart
    edited November 2013
    ok ppl, let us go and look at the kitten
    http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=482151&page=2

it helpsT;Applauding

• jillimack1
    edited November 2013
    I don't live on PST time either so I gotta forward everything 3 hours first lol.
    I've heard it was just a restart, but I've heard it was also maint. So who knows D:

I am lucky I only have to go ahead an hour from server time...i'd be lost if I had to go 3 hours and try and figure it out.
    They said it was just a restart but even the weekly restarts last 2 hours so...let's keep our fingers crossed it wont to be much longer. :D
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited November 2013
    I'm trying to find out when the servers will be back up, but I'm not getting any info as of yet
    Hey guys,

This is taking longer than we expected. We're having some difficulty getting it fixed >.<

Hopefully not too much longer now.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

-Grey

posted about 4 mins ago
  • jillimack1
    edited November 2013
    I'm trying to find out when the servers will be back up, but I'm not getting any info as of yet

posted about 4 mins ago

-
    Thanks for the info Nyxa! Will just sit back and wait...patiently, impatiently....either or.
  • submechead500
    submechead500 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any other word as to the resolving of what happened on Saturday? Or has that been completely bypassed now as well :c

302q9m0.jpg
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited November 2013
    Any other word as to the resolving of what happened on Saturday? Or has that been completely bypassed now as well :c

302q9m0.jpg

I can't speak for Grey, but I'm sure there was an emergency meeting about how to go about dealing with that SNAFU and what can be done to calm the masses

just going to c/p incase the sticky thread was missed
    Did some pruning since there's a couple of ... let's say "lively" threads about this already =)

Some updates:
    -We're not sure how long this will last, we were hoping it would be a quick fix but the restart itself did not fix tghe issue. We're contacting the on-call Beijing engineers right now to handle it (and as of writing this I saw him come online).

-We'll be fixing it for Lionheart first, and once that's done we'll bring down the East Servers (most likely. I'm not going to rule out being able to fix it without bringing them down).

-Regarding the DST maintenance fiasco:
    I'm really sorry about how that was handled.
    I got in and saw that the post had the wrong times in it. Every other game was doing it an hour later than us, so I understand the confusion but it still sucks we gave you guys the wrong info.
    For some reason... the "unique name server" (whatever that is...) for Lionheart is actually hosted on the Eyrda server cluster. So we had to bring down Lionheart with the East servers. We were not aware that this was the case, had we been we would have let you know that was going to happen and would have pushed the maintenance back to when the other games were holding them to avoid interrupting rift as best we could.
    I am planning on starting discussions about how we're going to handle compensating guilds that lost funds bidding on the rifts they weren't able to participate in today (would have done so already but then all this happened -.-).
  • submechead500
    submechead500 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We appreciate that atleast the Mod's can understand, Thanks Nyxa.

302q9m0.jpg
  • Lithrael - Lionheart
    Lithrael - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've worked as a sysadmin before.

Sometimes a 'simple restart' doesn't go smoothly.

Sometimes there are hardware problems, or software problems, or an 'upgrade' crashes the server or is incompatible with what's already on the server...

Sometimes you have to troubleshoot and you find out that there's a firewall that wasn't configured right and has been blocking something important.

Sometimes ... well.

When you don't know what the problem is, you can't give an estimated time to solve it. It's like trying to fix a leaking tap - if it all goes well and you have all the tools to hand, it might take ten minutes. If not, it will take as long as it takes.

Edit to add: Nyxa, if you can, please ask the sysadmin team to provide updates when possible, so that you can post them here.
    I know the updates might be nothing more than 'we hope we've found the problem but we won't know for certain until we've tested it'; but even that can be reassuring.
  • Tetsip - Lionheart
    Tetsip - Lionheart Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013

as for the lcoked thread and telling that person to stop posting, he never posted in the locked thread

http://fw-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=4697891&postcount=17

this is the other post....

for the record, i wasn't trying to be threatening.

but the lack of information, and what not, is very upsetting. at points in time of the history of this game.

Servers status, never has an accurate reading.

and by another game. i mean, A new PWE< game >
    and, i saw you said, this is the 2nd time you gave me an answer, i never saw the first one.
    lol.
  • Nyxa - Storm Legion
    edited November 2013
    for the record, i wasn't trying to be threatening.

but the lack of information, and what not, is very upsetting. at points in time of the history of this game.

Servers status, never has an accurate reading.

and by another game. i mean, A new PWE< game >
    and, i saw you said, this is the 2nd time you gave me an answer, i never saw the first one.
    lol.

That wasn't directed at you, and I do apologize for my comments. I was out of line for making the comments I did.

As for the server staus, never go by what is on the page, it's best to look in the forums for that info
  • Salvis - Lionheart
    Salvis - Lionheart Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jX3FkjF.gif

No FW on a Monday that I have nothing to do on... The only thing keeping me sane right now T;Applauding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Salvis Lvl 80 Wind Bard
    Salynn Lvl 80 Divine Priest
  • Lithrael - Lionheart
    Lithrael - Lionheart Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lionheart's up, folks.