[Maintenance Discussion] 11-2-2013 DST Maintenance

Comments

• caalya
    caalya Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • nommuffins
    nommuffins Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The people are upset about more than just 'missing rift'. Sure, we all like a big battle at the end of the week to show off our giant epeens. But thats not what most people are upset about. What about the dedication? The runes? The gold guilds spent on battles that they can't even attend? Sure, the bigger guilds that had 60 fields are going to be okay. But what about those smaller guilds that only had 30 fields? Their members don't even get fun. It was a tease. We were all dogs with a biscuit two feet in front of our mouths, and then it was ripped away. We were teased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kYyNzwNsrQ

^ Is how I feel. Rift is the pokepuff, we're all pikachu.
  • Eirzara - Lionheart
    Eirzara - Lionheart Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    please please please no magic major f ups PLEASE B;Frightened

Don't jinx it! See, this is what happens when you jinx it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For those hoping for a refund? I'm sorry, your money has already been put to use.
  • LtHoneyBuns - Lionheart
    LtHoneyBuns - Lionheart Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But... What if they enjoy Rifts?
    I say we should be given the option to torture any PWE staff that messes up majorly.

Rift @ 7k ping for their jobs?
  • nalensmommy
    nalensmommy Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rift @ 7k ping for their jobs?

no! WITH the ping i had today in NC! 32,220 :D bwahaha
  • jillimack1
    jillimack1 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    crabassss wrote: »
    Its not even 1am yet. And seriously, in the middle of rifts? You guys just went full ****.

No it's no where near 1am and yes it's after 1am on East Coast but I play on the west coast sever and 1am is midnight here, I'm an hour earlier, and it clearly says 1am PST, which is California time, making it midnight here so in all essence they shut the servers down an hour earlier than what they posted.

Which as we have already clearly stated is a bunch of hippy **** because rifts just started. However I did visit here about 2 hours ago and the times were different. It was posted at 11pm PST for East until 1am, and 2am to 4am for west so sometime in the last 2 hours the person came and changed the times and they didn't bother to make an announcement in game, as usual, and just expected everyone to come here to see the time changes as if we are all freaking mind readers.

This is definatly one big eff-up on PWE's part again...I mean how freaking stupid can you ppl be, changing the times and then shutting the game down in the middle of rift without bothering to tell anyone? The busiest time in game, literally...there had so better be refunds to guilds for this ****. I mean who wins? What about rewards? Damn rewards should be a hell of a lot more than just a bunch of potions too cause this is bullcrap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Smile for a while and let's be jolly, love shouldn't be so meloncholy....
  • XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
    XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks very much for letting us know at 3pm today that there was going to be a maintenance scheduled lol I mean wow not everyone reads the boards/or seen this so wouldn't it been a bit more smarter to at least let people know a day ahead of time that this was going to take place? I mean what business school did half of you guys come from really? How is that even good business? Even on a job you would have to let your boss or your associates know ahead of time something is going to take place or change!!!! You guys tickle the heck out of me on how you conduct FW!! BravoT;Applauding
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
    edited November 2013

Rift to keep their job while playing @32K ping while we watch live steam.... Hmmm New meaning to arena I think : ) I is da new Emperor \o/
  • Raifurudan - Storm Legion
    Raifurudan - Storm Legion Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Or with the ping I get when people abuse my internet: 98654!
    Proud member of Enigma~
    Level 78 Burst Marksman Raifurudansa
    Level x Blood Reaper SlyScythe

<The Typo Queen>

Because English is too mainstream

Endlessly I see that over heated haze
    And again the laughing will repeat on through the days
    You've been dying for the past ten years
    We are trapped in cycles and the end is never clear
  • Ancestria - Lionheart
    Ancestria - Lionheart Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the dedi is lost ok the gold is lost ok ... this isn't something you can't get back with ease... as for the one about not knowing i do know.. My thing is simply this your crying about a game... you lost some guild funds some lands some dedi.. oh well it is a game.. quit crying and move on already... but i do thank yall for making me laugh at seeing how many ppl's lives revolve around a simple game ... As I stated I don't pvp i pve but occassionally i do a rift here and there... The way I see it is this its not real so why get all upset...
  • nommuffins
    nommuffins Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Don't forget they have to be in regular player gear. Not 12/12 level 5 gemmed ****, but gear most average people have. 9/12 ToK set with level 3 gems!

They also have to be against all OPs with level 5 gems and max mastery.

With 32k ping.

...its the evilest thing I can think of.
  • nalensmommy
    edited November 2013

BWAHAHAHA YES YES YES!

There we go! Rift with this ping LOL winners keep their jobs LOL! and we live stream it :D
  • Mithrindil - Lionheart
    Mithrindil - Lionheart Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    the dedi is lost ok the gold is lost ok ... this isn't something you can't get back with ease... as for the one about not knowing i do know.. My thing is simply this your crying about a game... you lost some guild funds some lands some dedi.. oh well it is a game.. quit crying and move on already... but i do thank yall for making me laugh at seeing how many ppl's lives revolve around a simple game ... As I stated I don't pvp i pve but occassionally i do a rift here and there... The way I see it is this its not real so why get all upset...

You clearly have no conceptualization of how guilds work or how difficult the Rifting process is. So please, spare me.
    Mithrindil - Level 88 Glacial Priest
    Vagabonds Guild Lead
    edited November 2013

That would make me sing and act out this
    "Row, row, row your boat,
    Gently off a cliff.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
    Life is truly forsaken."
    >.<
  • nalensmommy
    edited November 2013
    nommuffins wrote: »
    Don't forget they have to be in regular player gear. Not 12/12 level 5 gemmed ****, but gear most average people have. 9/12 ToK set with level 3 gems!

With 32k ping.

oH NO NO with the other ladies ping !! that would be....EPIC :D haha (the ones they're against...regular ping lol)
    edited November 2013
    nommuffins wrote: »

With 32k ping.

While having 5 Mayes Tinclaws target each GM? T;Begging
    Proud member of Enigma~

<The Typo Queen>

edited November 2013
    BWAHAHAHA YES YES YES!

There we go! Rift with this ping LOL winners keep their jobs LOL! and we live stream it :D

And charge for the live stream! We be rich over night!
  • nalensmommy
    edited November 2013
    While having 5 Mayes Tinclaws target each GM? T;Begging

While having Mayes and Koubu both targeting GM's? YES bwahaha T;MoustacheT;MoustacheT;Moustache
    edited November 2013
    That would make me sing and act out this
    "Row, row, row your boat,
    Gently off a cliff.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
    Life is truly forsaken."
    >.<

I want to replace 'Life is truly forsaken' with something else, but I think it may end in me getting banned :\
    Proud member of Enigma~

<The Typo Queen>

• UZA - Lionheart
    UZA - Lionheart Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wts Honeybuns For Smart Gms Obo!
  • nalensmommy
    edited November 2013
    You clearly have no conceptualization of how guilds work or how difficult the Rifting process is. So please, spare me.

Mith that's just leiisha from Hell_bound ((does Hell_bound even rift? lol))
  • submechead500
    submechead500 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Maybe, if you're not huge into PVP, or helping your guild, you shouldnt, IDK complain about the way those of us WHO DO wish to inform PWE of their massive Colon Punch to us all
    edited November 2013
    While having Mayes and Koubu both targeting GM's? YES bwahaha T;MoustacheT;MoustacheT;Moustache

It would be over too soon... So we wait for rift to almost be over and then we start maint so they have to do it again next week. Teach them what it feels like >:3
  • shailiana
    shailiana Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013

There are smart GM'sT;Puzzling
  • azndavidd
    azndavidd Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mith that's just leiisha from Hell_bound ((does Hell_bound even rift? lol))
    LOL that's an awesome line, 'Do you even rift?!'
  • nalensmommy
    edited November 2013

ATM there is only one, and he's got the idiot who screwed this up out back beating him with a dirty merkin!!!!! and i mean..DIRTY.. ;) bwahaha
    edited November 2013

No one wants to give yew monies UZA... We are still waiting on our 50 star crystals.
  • Ancestria - Lionheart
    Ancestria - Lionheart Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ahh Mith mith mith.. I have an understanding perfectly fine.. you are all upset that ur guild lost game money... how much did you lose 20d - 30d... hmmm no problem i can make that back and donate it to my guild in a week ... so i didn't get my advanced rune or the dedi this week.. oh well there is next week.... But I guess you have no understanding of reality.. What can go wrong will go wrong so move on...
  • nalensmommy
    edited November 2013
    It would be over too soon... So we wait for rift to almost be over and then we start maint so they have to do it again next week. Teach them what it feels like >:3

and restart it each week for a few months? lol
  • jillimack1
    jillimack1 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have reported it, and Grey is aware of all this. I only have to contact with him on this forum and not elsewhere. He happened to be around and saw my report. But we probably won't get any official statements on compensation until Monday the earliest. He doesn't decide if compensation happens or not. That's all I got, sorry :c

-
    I know you are a player like the rest of us- guess at least there is a little hope in the fact that Grey is aware of what happened...at least I suppose in some small way that's a good thing that SOMEONE there is aware that the servers went down an hour before the new reposted time, and in the middle of rift.
    Honestly I don't really think its much about getting some sort of compensation for this I think it's just mostly about the fact that the times were changed, nothing got said about IN the game where it should have, and then, they turn around and do the shut down an hour early anyways.
    I mean isn't someone there to push the button to shut the servers down? Perhaps that person doesn't know how to tell time?
    Either that or they took the whole "Fall back" time thing a bit to seriously and fell back an hour to soon.

It's highly unlikely that there will be any real compensation anyways, and if anyone gets anything it will be the guild, not necessarily the individuals who attended. I do think the guilds should be given back their gold but all of the fun of rift got taken away and now we don't know who won or who would have won or anything. Sure it's only one week, for now, and it's not necessarily a HUGE deal to a lot of ppl but to some ppl it is, especially those OPers that live for PvP...the ones that live and breathe the game.

I'm glad I was able to get my dedi and what not but I know a lot of ppl didn't and if anything, that's what should be given out, is the dedication that got missed out on(and then some :D), and everyone who attended should be given one of those 30 day combat licences! LOL...ijs...that would at least be something useful, verses good for nothing soul leaves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Smile for a while and let's be jolly, love shouldn't be so meloncholy....
This discussion has been closed.