[NOTICE] Weekly Server Maintenance 10/10/2013 (SERVERS UP!)

greyjoykraken
greyjoykraken Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
10/10/13 Weekly Server Maintenance

11:00 PM - 1:00 AM Pacific Time

Servers are UP!

Patch Notes 10/10/13:
Preparation for new content
Minor localization changes
Post edited by greyjoykraken on

Comments

• Firebat - Eyrda
    Firebat - Eyrda Posts: 4,190 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    .... can I have the "compensated" title for this horrible horrible delay?
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • nalensmommy
    nalensmommy Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    .... can I have the "compensated" title for this horrible horrible delay?

Be good Fire hahahaha ^_^ because if YOU get it...we all get it bwahahaha
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    im curious, if we aren't getting the big new update this week or even next week, what would require maint to be delayed two days o_o

for the love of god don't put the big update out on a friday again where there's no one around on the weekend to deal with all the issues B;Sleepy
  • greyjoykraken
    edited October 2013
    amarantos wrote: »
    im curious, if we aren't getting the big new update this week or even next week, what would require maint to be delayed two days o_o

for the love of god don't put the big update out on a friday again where there's no one around on the weekend to deal with all the issues B;Sleepy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Day_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China

basically, china was on vacation all of last week, which impacted our schedule.
  • amarantos
    edited October 2013

see, why cant you guys just say 'hey china has a holiday this week so maint is delayed'! makes things much easier :D

simple little communications make a big difference T;Great
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited October 2013
    amarantos wrote: »
    see, why cant you guys just say 'hey china has a holiday this week so maint is delayed'! makes things much easier :D

simple little communications make a big difference T;Great

Because blaming gophers for making delays is more fun.... and probably just as accurate.

caddyshack-gopher-300x176.jpg
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
    GreyjoyKraken -Firebat has been revealed as an evil bridge troll. Seek him out and solve his riddles three to get the mythical 2013 holiday box.
  • tenfoldking
    tenfoldking Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2013

You realize that if this is just a server reset, then that explaination loses all credibility. :P
  • Nerfdis - Eyrda
    Nerfdis - Eyrda Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    As if its like buying car parts that involves shipping and handling. Cmon this is 2013, a patch takes very little time to send. What? A few seconds? A couple minutes? A day? What? CN server is like 6 months ahead or more by now. You seriously telling me someone could not have packaged the next 3 months worth of patches in a folder and hit send?

Not like it matters much though cause 0 is being done to address class balancing and more players are giving up pvp by the day.
  • Firebat - Eyrda
    edited October 2013
    As if its like buying car parts that involves shipping and handling. Cmon this is 2013, a patch takes very little time to send. What? A few seconds? A couple minutes? A day? What? CN server is like 6 months ahead or more by now. You seriously telling me someone could not have packaged the next 3 months worth of patches in a folder and hit send?

Not like it matters much though cause 0 is being done to address class balancing and more players are giving up pvp by the day.

Odds are that they already have the patch the issue however is that should the patch fai,l which sometimes it does, they need china to send an emergency fix, which sometimes takes a few hours to a day. If China is not there for the next two days and they're basically going to have to shutdown the server for 3 days until they get back on duty which is less desirable than just waiting.
    [Sigpic][/Sigpic]
  • zeeeqon
    zeeeqon Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    NO MAINTENANCE TODAY???????? T;Puzzling
    NYOS server : Warrior ZeQoN
  • oranges7867
    oranges7867 Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is there maint tonight or what? It says delayed until 10/10, today is 10/10 but there have been no new messages about it.
    We all just gonna end up being booted from the game in 40 minutes?

Is this update going to be the expansion? You have given us no information or at least no new information. T;PuzzlingT;PuzzlingT;Puzzling
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is there maint tonight or what? It says delayed until 10/10, today is 10/10 but there have been no new messages about it.
    We all just gonna end up being booted from the game in 40 minutes?

Is this update going to be the expansion? You have given us no information or at least no new information. T;PuzzlingT;PuzzlingT;Puzzling

No. Not going to be the expansion. Yes, probably going to happen in 40 minutes as usual. Since the patch is a bit behind schedule due to CN's vacation, the staff might be busy preparing the patch and not available to get a proper post set up.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • greyjoykraken
    edited October 2013
    Sigh... figured someone would have taken care of this.

yes, maintenance tonight. I'll update the first post/title.
  • vursed
    vursed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013

i can do it for u baby boo. promote me
    edited October 2013

I would have done it, buuuuut I lacked the info to do so :p

If same situation comes up next week, I can get a basic maintenance thread started if needed, and someone can just fill in the blank areas (patch notes, etc).

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
  • katjared
    katjared Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Question: Where is our CM?

Did i miss the part where we were informed we don't have a CM anymore?

I know her methods were not so loved around here but i guessed she would eventually accommodate and find a way to both enforce rules but at same time keep a less tense atmosphere around here.

An answer would be appreciated.
  • skylii
    skylii Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    katjared wrote: »

I know her methods were not so loved around here but i guessed she would eventually accommodate and find a way to both enforce rules but at same time keep a less tense atmosphere around here.

Did you ment GM?

Illyfue:Beryll_ Berylynx

Nyos:Sky_Tear

Forever with Shishi_Gami/RoarStrand <3
  • AngeIBunny - Illyfue
    AngeIBunny - Illyfue Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    katjared wrote: »

Im wondering the same. Where is she? T;Puzzling
    BloodyVampy lv80 AngeIBunny IMPERIUM
    Frostie Mage lv80 AngelBunny IMPERIUM
    Divine Priest lv78 AngelTheBunny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exilira - Eyrda
    Exilira - Eyrda Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Milanderi is gone ?!?T;Puzzling
  • Armenthys - Lionheart
    Armenthys - Lionheart Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Odds are that they already have the patch the issue however is that should the patch fai,l which sometimes it does.

You reminded me of that wonderful Nightfall patch release. How to forget all those bugs in the server 5flyxt.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Emotions always interfere with logic.
  • gunterii
    gunterii Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Is it really necessary to quote someone's entire post that you only have to scroll up a few spaces to see? so annoying
  • ItIsOUTTAHERE - Lionheart
    ItIsOUTTAHERE - Lionheart Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gunterii wrote: »
    Is it really necessary to quote someone's entire post that you only have to scroll up a few spaces to see? so annoying

Totally a must.
  • gunterii
    edited October 2013
    I'm just glad none of the human beings I know talk this way. I'd have to go into seclusion if every sentence had some one regurgitating back, like a parrot, what someone else had just said.
    And notice how I didn't have to quote you to recognize you as the smart alec winner of the response I knew would come? lol glad maintenance is almost over....now I can go see people be stupid LIVE instead.
  • amarantos
    edited October 2013
    I'm just glad none of the human beings I know talk this way. I'd have to go into seclusion if every sentence had some one regurgitating back, like a parrot, what someone else had just said.
    And notice how I didn't have to quote you to recognize you as the smart alec winner of the response I knew would come? lol glad maintenance is almost over....now I can go see people be stupid LIVE instead.

don't get your panties in such a twist jfc

quoting is a feature on the forums for a reason, deal with it or go QQ somewhere we don't have to see it! T;Kissing
    edited October 2013

The quote function is to help in showing who you are speaking to or directing your response to, as well as creating a quote for a reference. You don't have to use it if you don't want to, but please don't mock others for choosing to use it.

• AngeIBunny - Illyfue
    AngeIBunny - Illyfue Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Well theres a big difference with spoken language and written language and in a forum like this it IS important to quote the ppl youre answering or it migth be lost in all the other posts.
    Lets not get to off topic now :P

15 minutes left, I wants to get on naow T;Nosebleeding
    probably gonna get delayed though, always does :/
    BloodyVampy lv80 AngeIBunny IMPERIUM
    Frostie Mage lv80 AngelBunny IMPERIUM
    Divine Priest lv78 AngelTheBunny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gunterii
    edited October 2013
    Angel...of course you could just mention their name like in a real conversation. lol. This was so easy to hijack. you folks are funny.

And Vague...not mocking. Just asking why it was so necessary. Just a question. Why did everyone react so negatively?
  • arianadoe
    arianadoe Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    your title is mistress of collering gm's

and i did this as a point to the rude one that was rude about using the quoting option. i did pick an 'easy' post to reply to, but like many others have said, without the quote, your post/question/answer will get lost in the mix without it.
  • arianadoe
    arianadoe Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Angel...of course you could just mention their name like in a real conversation. lol. This was so easy to hijack. you folks are funny.

And Vague...not mocking. Just asking why it was so necessary. Just a question. Why did everyone react so negatively?

even using someones name 1st does not equal them getting the reply.
    edited October 2013

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure you were implying that people who use the quoting system are either stupid or acting like a parrot. That whole post gives a lowly view of those who choose to quote rather than just say a name.