Soul Leaves

XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
I have a question and I was curious of any game op can answer this, How come we get so much soul leaves but yet we are limited to what we can buy from them? I have noticed that you can buy a lot of things with regular leaves and yet with soul leaves you cannot I am sure that there is plenty of players that is sitting on a large stockpile of soul leaves but nothing to buy with them can we at least have some kind of way to spend out soul leaves just like you let the regular leaves be spent?
Thanks for reading.
Post edited by XJadexFoxx - Eyrda on
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
Former Eyrda server
__Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....

Comments

• amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    because pwe wants to make money off items that cost real leaves and not give us free things :rolleyes:
  • XJadexFoxx - Eyrda
    XJadexFoxx - Eyrda Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    amarantos wrote: »
    because pwe wants to make money off items that cost real leaves and not give us free things :rolleyes:

T;Angry well I could do with less of the soul leaves and maybe give us a trade off of the soul leaves to real leaves if they want to make it fair and where they can make money I mean that would be the logical way of dealing with this problem, because it is shame to have so much soul leaves and I cannot do a damn thing with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Calibri-LVL 80 Divine Priest
    Former Eyrda server
    __Caliban__ Venom Assassin and __Divinia__ Lightning Mage
    Currently Lionheart Server...more to follow.....
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited September 2013

A certain level of revenue is mandatory to keep the game alive.
    However there is a bit of annoyment when you pile up soul leaves without anything there thats worth spending them.

There have been suggestions that would not reduce profit at all, for example exchangement of soul leaves for soul power, soul gold or other things not inflicting loss of profit.
    Now its all at PWE and devs again, depending on how important this issue is considered.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    edited September 2013
    shadrim wrote: »
    A certain level of revenue is mandatory to keep the game alive.
    However there is a bit of annoyment when you pile up soul leaves without anything there thats worth spending them.

i'm well aware pwe needs to make money (and imo does so quite well with a simple charge promo/merc bogo each month), but i bet the company that runs the CN version of the game still makes a lovely profit even though they have many more good items available for soul leaves than we do. as an example of my previous point: pwe released new fashion available for soul leaves up until the exact moment they went and gave everyone a bazillion free soul leaves, and now all new fashion is eyrda leaf purchasable only.

i pretty much gave up any hope of there being something worthwhile added for soul leaves and just decided to spend my 30k soul leaves getting nice fashion ids.
  • Darksiren - Storm Legion
    Darksiren - Storm Legion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I dont know what you're talking about. I only have 22,050 soul leaves stockpiled and rotting T;Frozen
  • Warcrox - Storm Legion
    Warcrox - Storm Legion Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    NOT THIS TOPIC AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B;Frightened

BURN IT DOWN FAST
  • VagueAngel - Storm Legion
    VagueAngel - Storm Legion Posts: 2,798 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    It's a little number in a corner of the inventory ._. I could understand if it was taking up bag space but...

Anyway, I see this as any item being sold in a store. Sure, they may have used to immediately put fashion up for soul leaves, because there wasn't as many leaves in circulation, so they could still get profit by those people who choose to "get it right away" rather than work to get it. I think what they are doing is, once a new fashion set comes out in the boutique, the previous one will then be available for purchase with soul leaves (don't quote me, just a theory). This way, since there is an increase in soul leaves, they can still make the same profit they were making when there wasn't as many leaves, allowing them to still reach the quota they may have.

Fashion is becoming a hot commodity. And one thing companies (any company from any type of business never want to do, is basically "give away" their hot commodities for an extended period of time (hence why star crystals are not available for soul leaves). Now with CN, they might have a different quota. Or fashion/star crystals may not be as hot a commodity. Or there isn't an influx of soul leaves. Or there are more players that their quota is more easily reached. Can't say for sure. But you can't really compare CN's business model in terms of the boutique to PWE's.
    80~ErebusNox - Dark/Edge Assassin
    74~AzrielZiya - Aegis Warrior

sephiroth_forum_signature_by_xxtatteredsoulxx-d4jx3wc.jpg
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
    Can't access the support page? Send an email: [email protected]
  • melanderi
    melanderi Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So I see there are two main points here:

First, China: China has more items in available for soul leaves, however their version of the game also does not have as many soul leaves in circulation. Acquiring soul leaves is much harder in their version.

Second: requests for more items. Newly created items will not be added for soul leaves initially, however with each new content update, existing items are sold for soul leaves.

We are totally open to suggestions for items to be sold for soul leaves, and we will consider the suggestions carefully. However, it's unlikely that items like orbs or star crystals will be sold for soul leaves.

Thank you so much for these suggestions! If there are specific items that you want to see please let us know!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • jhkx123
    jhkx123 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    i love how content updates that players want in game, that makes things more stressful/less profitable for u guys are always given the answer "we have no control over this and what we have is what we get from CN"..
    Funny how items can be controlled in the boutique whether they can be bought by soul leaves or not.. hmmm..

Less soul leaves in circulation as compared to CN so it makes it harder to farm soul leaves?
    I'll take it.. better to have less soul leaves that can buy good stuff than tons n tons of soul leaves tht cant buy anything useful at all...

And what do you mean by less soul leaves in circulation in CN as compared to PWE's servers? that would mean someone has control of.... oh...
  • Armenthys - Lionheart
    Armenthys - Lionheart Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    melanderi wrote: »

First, China: China has more items in available for soul leaves, however their version of the game also does not have as many soul leaves in circulation. Acquiring soul leaves is much harder in their version.

Second: requests for more items. Newly created items will not be added for soul leaves initially, however with each new content update, existing items are sold for soul leaves.

So what's the point for us to have easier access to soul leaves if we have extremely low choices, and most of them we'll use them once (Pets, racial mount, bound fashion)?

There are people with over 20k soul leaves and they have nothing they can buy because they already got what they wanted with like... 2k soul leaves and they keep stacking.

And as for the "Newly crated items" is the same, it only applies for fashion and it still takes a lot to be available with soul leaves. For example the Heart Queen/Rose Lord fashions have been in game for 5 months (First announcement) and is still not available for soul leaves. How much do people need to wait to finally be able to spend their soul leaves again once on that fashion? 1 year?

I agree with you about the orbs not being put for soul leaves, but FW staff should know that people expect useful stuff with soul leaves like star crystals, re-id scrolls, vip/arena/battlefield cards, makeover/hairstyle tokens, etc; and not only items that we'll mostly just buy once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Emotions always interfere with logic.
  • jhkx123
    jhkx123 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hell ill take the re-id scroll idea.. the amt of ways to get purple re-id scroll is too dam low in the server im playing on and the luck needed for good ids is out of this world.. pricey too.. QQ
    edited September 2013
    jhkx123 wrote: »
    i love how content updates that players want in game, that makes things more stressful/less profitable for u guys are always given the answer "we have no control over this and what we have is what we get from CN"..
    Funny how items can be controlled in the boutique whether they can be bought by soul leaves or not.. hmmm..

Less soul leaves in circulation as compared to CN so it makes it harder to farm soul leaves?
    I'll take it.. better to have less soul leaves that can buy good stuff than tons n tons of soul leaves tht cant buy anything useful at all...

And what do you mean by less soul leaves in circulation in CN as compared to PWE's servers? that would mean someone has control of.... oh...

They have control over what the pricing for items in the boutique will be, but they do not have control of what items they get to put in unless our version of the game already has the items. Meaning if they wanted to add a brand new pet, they'd have to get it from CN first before they can add it.

They have control over how much soul leaves are in circulation, but there are still precautions they have to take in what items go up for soul leaves. As I said in my previous post, one thing companies try to avoid as much as possible is basically "giving away" their hot commodities (in FW's case, star crystals, orbs, fashion, gems, etc.)

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...stuff. - 10th Doctor
  • tavannyl
    tavannyl Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    We are totally open to suggestions for items to be sold for soul leaves, and we will consider the suggestions carefully. However, it's unlikely that items like orbs or star crystals will be sold for soul leaves.

Thank you so much for these suggestions! If there are specific items that you want to see please let us know!

people have been giving suggestions for months and we have never gotten anything new or any response on it -_-

suggestions:

action scrolls. people can easily get these in game from other players or quests...does anyone even buy them from boutique? lol

the warlord/battlefield cards, but you guys hand those out for free as compensation so often i've still got 20 of each stored up that'll last me to the next hand out, so i don't care either way about those.

turnip/tiger smiley. turnip is already available from eyrda rewards (if you have a functioning rewards points counter....).

spirit whistles. i don't know anyone who would bother spending leaves on these that give such a small amount of companion points when you can just get the hick whistles that give 300 points from otis for cheap tokens of faith.

WORLD FLUTES. i don't know anyone who spends leaves on flutes either but given all the complaints about the merit system/virtue coins going around one semi-solution would be to let people buy flutes for soul leaves so that there's one less thing to spend merit on.

perhaps as far as a decent 'hot item' you could toss runemakers in for double soul leaf price of their normal leaf price (120 soul leaves).
  • auroraboreealis
    auroraboreealis Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    Listen , just because the company screwed up big time and set themselves back , Rollback included , doesn't mean we have to suffer for it.

I will say this only once , we all think about it and we all know it , let's just be real here:

IT was YOU guys who came and said "Oh we're so sorry for the incredible mistake we've made but we will make sure we will make it up to you all with THE CODE" bound crystals which at the end of the day didn't matter because the items you use the crystals on are NOT BOUND and can still be traded , and soul leaves .. tons of them , double and even triple amounts to people who got sent codes multiple times.

How stupid do you think we are? Is this the magnificent outcome of the promise you made ? Is this the reward you had in mind for us? We are being taken for fools here.
    Here guys ..you .."stupid players who can't think for themselves" , Have tons and tons of soul leafs! We are very sorry for what happened and we want to apologise with this." (Immediately stops adding anything at all for soul leafs in the shop(not that there was anything useful for S.leafs in there in the first place)). Commodities? That's another thing we need to talk about. The most interesting and useful-ish commodity in your game are fashions. They serve zero purpose in any way shape or form when it comes to advancing in the game. They are just aesthetic accessories!

And the big guys in the company send mods and community managers to quell the riots from the players both on the forum and in game thus making your only tools of trade ; An incredible Player Subject DODGING skill , and the inability to bring a strong resolve to the problems caused by none other than , PWE itself.

You want suggestions? Here's a suggestion :
    STOP giving leafs everywhere and then blame the system for it. You are the system , you are the problem. By adding more items in the shop for leafs we ACTUALLY DON'T mean yet ANOTHER way to get a damn blue ID which we can get for free through 100 other ways daily on our characters and trade them with each other. Ok? We mean something useful such as pet skills. You oversaturate the server with LOTTERY ORBS , it does not help you at all , in fact it's the main reason why your entire game only has 2 major commodities.

You simply CAN'T give people money and then tell them you won't sell them anything for the type of money you gave them, spraying it on their face that the money you gave them are useless ,if you give them money then don't ask for diamonds and other precious stones from them. You simply can't do that! Or else this is where it takes you.

And now the outcome :

Reply Nr1. : We're sorry for the inconvenience ..bla bla bla .. we have no control over this. Wrong you have total control , it's your game. Not you the mods, but "you" the company behind you.

Reply Nr2. : We're sorry for the inconvenience ..bla bla bla .. we are open to suggestions that we will consider in the next 10 years .. maybe 11 years or so until the last fashion that hit the shop gets to be sold for soul leafs. But not the mount! Nono ..you thought that the Llama will be sold for leafs? NO! Wrong."

Reply Nr3. : "Thread deleted" - seen it done many many times , every time there's something going on in the forums , that the big boys in the company don't like , gets deleted / wiped out because hey , we don't have the resources to answer tickets from people with valid bugs that haunt this game since Closed Beta , but we have people that make sure all the wrong posts get deleted no matter what time it is , 04:00 am in the morning or 20:00 there's someone present watching the forums for "unwanted threads".

Reply Nr4. : We gave it a good thought and we figured everything out! You can now buy one Star of Hope per day and one Battlefield Card per week , with soul leafs". <
    Really? Thanks but no thanks , you literally filled this server with those items and we can all get tons of them , some of us have hundreds stacked up with no use for them. They don't even sell any more.

Reply Nr5. : No reply , this post gets ignored and/or moved.
  • LaoLao - Illyfue
    LaoLao - Illyfue Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So I see there are two main points here:

(I still no read all message). One very important stuff can/must be sell (too) in soul leaf are bag space item (bag space is a big limitation , in each expansion, 10 or more items come in our bags and make more and more hard have all... side-effect: more alts are created, more fake accounts created, no real numbers of potential users (free or csers)).

Hope this text can be understanding, this time i dont check it, just too late... zzz.B;Sleepy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Some times just a witch, no a simple mage of ice age)
  • shadrim
    edited September 2013

I am a bit rude now... My wastebin is also totally open for everything i give to it and i am beginning to compare any suggestion or issue reporting thread as a virtual wastebin here.

Sould gold for soul leaves has been suggested over and over again, guild merit coins would be another thing not at all cash shop related that could lower the stacks of rotting leaves a lot.
    Why not give some of the guild base only crafting items away for soul leaves, so players with small guilds can at least get their crafting skills up without having to beg for a 10 minute membership ? Since soul leaves are not really flooding the players inventories when playing this would not degrade the importance of a well built base a lot.

Soul leaves do not take up inventory space but they are still a "reward" thats worth nothing at all and a constant reminder that there are things in the game that are just not worth the playtime wasted for them as well as a constant reminder of the compensation quality. The more they pile up, the more unnecessary annoyment their uselessness can create.
  • MelumRema - Illyfue
    MelumRema - Illyfue Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    At this point the soul leaves are worthless, they just sit there, there is no incentive to strive for 240 dedication to get more. At this point I have over 20k soul leaves just sitting there, its not really a reward if you can't use it for anything. Even fashion that used to be something to spend it on hasn't changed in 6 months, you got new fashion but only for regular leaves and from orbs that are also bought with regular leaves. Pointless. B;Sleepy

Suggestion for soul leave items been talked about for a year and still no changes except the golden fleece or w/e its called and well its also pointless because there is no new fashion to buy to use it on... FW just don't really give a damn about soul leaves or their use, just add more orbs with useless **** that indulges the addicted gambles to spend their money, yay FW bigger paycheck this month, woot.
  • amarantos
    edited September 2013
    bumping this so it doesn't get buried like all the other past threads with suggestions for new soul leaf items.

you ask for suggestions but completely forget about and/or ignore the thread when we do, why on earth do you think we have to keep making new threads on topics until they are beaten dead lol.

is it really so hard for staff to see a thread like this and just acknowledge 'ok we have seen your suggestions, we will take them into consideration' (even if you won't). ._.
  • shadrim
    edited September 2013
    is it really so hard for staff to see a thread like this and just acknowledge 'ok we have seen your suggestions, we will take them into consideration' (even if you won't). ._.

And what would this mean except killing the last bits of credibility that might still exist somewhere ? Did we not have enough suggestions and issue collection threads that were closed due to several (sometimes even good looking) reasons and noone ever heard anything again of any issue reported, any suggestion made ?

And still some players want to know why forums are getting less lively every day.
    One reason might be because its mostly absolutely pointless to make suggestions, report issues or generally try to communicate.
  • utopianknight
    utopianknight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Err.... So my post with link to a suggestion relevant to this discussion was deleted. I could copy paste the suggestion here but I think it would better to keep the suggestion where it is supposed to be. So instead I'd like to ask Mel, community mods and fellow players to look at the suggestion titled 'Soul Credit' which could help in getting valuables via soul leaves while not giving away PWE's hot commodities.
  • hab01
    hab01 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I know alot of players stacking up insane amounts of leafs (still feels wrong spelling it like that) and they are out of things to spend them on... i saw the idea of trading them for soul gold (nice idea) and such...
    how about adding fashion you see on npcs to the list of items available for soul leafs...
    I know i'm oddly fond of the clothes Charnis is wearing, and wouldn't mind spending my quickly growing stack on that... hint hint :) better than the extremly infeminate fashion available now and it kinda already exists
    just a thought...
    T;Away

The soul leafs system is just the "cookie" we get for jumping through the various hoops, it's a reward system... yeah, it sux that there isn't alot to spend them on. I haven't been on any other servers so i have no clue what is available there. All we can do is stick that cookie in the jar and hope they figure out what to do with them... they obviously pay attention to what we are saying because the first part of this post was moved here from another thread moments after I hit post
    It's true there are alot of things that can be added without affecting the economy (soul gold, badges, high level pots, etc.) and there will be limited investment on their end... rotating items out of Eyrda to Soul is ok but I can see issues with that in the future... they could boost sale of Eyrda Leafs by offering items only available for Soul Leafs and sell Soul Leaf packs in the Cash Store...
    The biggest issue i see is the items available for Soul Leafs match the Eyrda Leaf price... maybe not such a good idea, make the rate a 2:1 (2 soul leafs = 1 eyrda leaf)... i'll probably get hate mail for that one hehe
    NOT saying offer up an actual soul to eyrda exchange that would be stupid unless they make Soul Leafs harder to get...
    So, keep your cookies, they don't take any space, and hope for the best
  • Pyrois - Storm Legion
    Pyrois - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Just gimme my fusion agents for soul leafs, hell even if its just the level 1s T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Created by my amazing wife <3
  • Kitanetos - Storm Legion
    Kitanetos - Storm Legion Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I was supposed to get 80 leaves from doing Ghost Fang Castle, but I did not. Do I have to be the leader of the party to get it?
    edited September 2013
    I was supposed to get 80 leaves from doing Ghost Fang Castle, but I did not. Do I have to be the leader of the party to get it?

Yes you do.

• amarantos
    edited September 2013
    is this thread ever going to get looked at by staff again T;Astonished
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about introducing:-

1) fashion id items and re-id items
    2) gear re-id scrolls
    3) reforge charms
    4) fly mount energy shards
    5) fireworks
    6) faith tablets,
    7) magical key for daily attendance check in box
    8) Ancient blood for combat mounts
    9) Guild Base Core
    10) Action scrolls
    11) Life/Mana Serums
    12) world flutes
    13) Aepelio Treasury Order
    14) Packs containing soul power and soul gold. (edit item)

for soul leafs (:D for spelling)? The items will be bound to the character they were purchased from since soul leafs were used. It will not break the existing economy and players will use up their soul leafs. Following which, we have to start farming those again.

It will be a win-win situation for both players and the game managers(PWE).

Please feel free to add or correct my post. Cheers.
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • CountVonCo - Illyfue
    CountVonCo - Illyfue Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How about introducing:-

1) fashion id items and re-id items
    2) gear re-id scrolls
    3) reforge charms
    4) fly mount energy shards
    5) fireworks
    6) faith tablets,
    7) magical key for daily attendance check in box
    8) Ancient blood for combat mounts
    9) Guild Base Core
    10) Action scrolls
    11) Life/Mana Serums
    12) world flutes
    13) Aepelio Treasury Order
    14) Packs containing soul power and soul gold. (edit item)

for soul leafs (:D for spelling)? The items will be bound to the character they were purchased from since soul leafs were used. It will not break the existing economy and players will use up their soul leafs. Following which, we have to start farming those again.

It will be a win-win situation for both players and the game managers(PWE).

Please feel free to add or correct my post. Cheers.

Thats some good suggestions T;Great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

<Forever with Vepigi> | Lv90 PvE Dark Vamp

youtube.com/user/TheAdonisTUBE