Cancel Auto-Mount?

BaIenciaga - Eyrda
BaIenciaga - Eyrda Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Anyone else dont like this function? I was just wondering if there is a way to turn this function off...Ihv checked the setting, but I dont see anything related to it.
Post edited by BaIenciaga - Eyrda on
Balenciaga: Lv80 Ice Mage.

-Ice Cold, With A Touch Of Insanity.

Comments

• Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Anyone else dont like this function? I was just wondering if there is a way to turn this function off...Ihv checked the setting, but I dont see anything related to it.

cant be turned off
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muppette
    muppette Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    If you have the cs lvl you can stash all your mounts while you auto route. Only way to cancel it.
  • Varnania - Eyrda
    Varnania - Eyrda Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    you can mount then dismount then jsut walk around the more time you spend dismounted the more it will not mount you when you auto route
  • Pyrois - Storm Legion
    Pyrois - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    How can you dislike that feature?! I mean I hated it when trying to embrace/auto-route around the world, but thats not like an everyday thing people try to do lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Created by my amazing wife <3
  • Tyerian - Storm Legion
    Tyerian - Storm Legion Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    So yesterday I was playing on my alt priest who needs to finish up his main quest log, and in one part of the quests I have to run to pick a "rare" flower and run back to the Centaur Chief or whatever, and it has to be done in less than 4:00 minutes, and characters are given a special haste potion from Rylos Wolfbane in order to accomplish this task. When I tried to auto-route to the location to pick the flower my toon immediately started to mount his horse, so I quickly cancelled the mount and tried again.. and he attempted to mount again.. so I probably lost almost 30 seconds between mounting/dismounting automatically, which as a result I was not able to finish the quest in the allotted time.

This is a perfect example of why we should be able to cancel auto-mount if desired, another example is after completing "Run Boy Run" in Nightfall, immediately after I complete the required "legs" of the race I click on the link for the npc in the quest to complete and my toon starts auto-mounting, and if I'm still within eye sight of 'Hank' he puts a debuff on me to slow me down considerably. I've since learned to either use my flying mount or wait until he is off screen, but there definitely are times when it's annoying to auto-mount..

BTW - Anyone know if we can cheat the above mentioned main quest and use our mount for part of the trip to get the rare flower, and then just use the haste potion for the run back?
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    BTW - Anyone know if we can cheat the above mentioned main quest and use our mount for part of the trip to get the rare flower, and then just use the haste potion for the run back?

just use flying mount to fly there and back lol
  • Lumydia - Storm Legion
    Lumydia - Storm Legion Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    amarantos wrote: »
    just use flying mount to fly there and back lol

^ This. You don't have to use the haste potion. I just flew on my mount to get the flower... or in the case of one of my alts, I used my land mount and still made it in time without using the potion T;Away
  • Tyerian - Storm Legion
    Tyerian - Storm Legion Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thank you T;Great

I wasn't sure if the quest would fail if I didn't use the haste potion, and/or used a mount, but you've answered that for me.
  • BaIenciaga - Eyrda
    BaIenciaga - Eyrda Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Well, ty for the replies, and side stories. I guess its something Im going to have to lvie with....
    Balenciaga: Lv80 Ice Mage.

-Ice Cold, With A Touch Of Insanity.