Some updates to your questions/concerns

Comments

• greyjoykraken
    greyjoykraken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    natsss wrote: »
    they should have a prog or code lane for put the wargod event no? or maybe they cant modifiy at all the weekly/daily event that are all auto :x but they have codes for spawn bosses they maybe have codes for wargod event ><"

Possibly. They have codes for a lot of stuff, but for whatever reason they are extremely reluctant to let us have access to them.
  • greyjoykraken
    greyjoykraken Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    natsss wrote: »
    i think that you can find them by yourself ( i think that on priv server they have found them )
    but i suppose that you cant do that and that you have to follow the wanmei patch ? -_-

I probably could, but I'm not risking my job over it. If they don't want us to have them, it's implied that they also don't want us using them.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Virtue Coin drop rate
    This is likely a balance adjustment from the CN side. It's unlikely that this will change if it matches the drop rate for the CN version, and this isn't the sort of thing they will make a specific adjustment to for our version alone. That said, I'll inquire whether this was intentionally done or not, since it is not something we were made aware of.

Jade Gold stack size
    This will need to change in the CN version before it changes here. Unless the item is specific to our version, we don't have much influence over these kind of details.

i'm guessing CN wouldn't bother increasing stack size because their players most likely aren't desperately hurting for merit like we are and have no issue spending their jade gold. i suggested it because a good portion of US/euro players can't even use their jade gold anymore due to lack of merit which is due to....the lack in virtue coin drops. like i said CN prolly has many more ways of getting guild merit than we do (if that's another thing you can ask about, why they nerfed the coin drop rate in relation to how much merit their players get from guild stuff, or if their players are also complaining of low merit), which is why it really sucks that the two versions get treated the same.

back when the virtue coins dropped like candy i had like 15k merit without doing a single gbq. now i do gbqs and other guild quests every day and i still get a negative daily earning of merit (down to about 600 now). :(
  • shadrim
    shadrim Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ok this is generalized as the issue is something general. But as its a general issue its also touching the things brought up in the start post.

Currently i get the impression that many things are rushed or implemented without the necessary preparations.
    Not only the forbidden thing that noone at PWE wants to talk about but nearly everything that has been changed in the last weeks.

(Coin) drop rates may be something not in PWEs control, but other things seem to be.
    Taking down rewards and reward system long before the replacement is ready or even existing is something that looks like rushing without preparation, be it core stuff or arena gear.

Also, the new CMs do make a somehow unprepared impression on me, like strangers to game and community.
    While this impression might be caused by the fact that noone with internal information and not many emotional bounds to the game can understand an externals position (players point of view) i still have this feeling that whoever was made CM has no real understanding of the community he or she is meant to manage.

This impression is amplified by looking at how questions and concerns are treated.
    The questions in the euro communities are collected in forum and "maybe" answered in a blog that noone has the link to. And the link to this blog is not even present in the questions collection thread.

All this (and quite a lot of things more) give me the impression of bad preparations and/or too much hurry to do things right.

So the questions that arise:
    Do you understand what i mean ? (If the answer is "no" forget this post.)
    Could you slow down actions until most of the necessary preparations have been made ?

I hope that what i mean is not lost in translation. If my english is too bad, feel free to ask.
    Who is this "general failure" and why is he reading my disc ?[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fdsaq42
    fdsaq42 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Virtue Coin drop rate
    This is likely a balance adjustment from the CN side. It's unlikely that this will change if it matches the drop rate for the CN version, and this isn't the sort of thing they will make a specific adjustment to for our version alone. That said, I'll inquire whether this was intentionally done or not, since it is not something we were made aware of.

But i hear they get tons of merit from Antus Fruit we dont have that thing so why we have 2 suffer from something they messed and didnt provide us.
    I probably could, but I'm not risking my job over it. If they don't want us to have them, it's implied that they also don't want us using them.

And how would they know u have that knoledge?
  • Lohym - Illyfue
    Lohym - Illyfue Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hmmm, I thought I was pretty clear already, but I'll reiterate.

I am not in a position to divulge any information about Arc

This is not the thread for that question, any further inquiry here will be removed so it doesn't derail this thread.

This alone helps everyone shape an idea of what's gonna happen once Arc is fully operational, you know, assuming people are smart enough to read between the lines and base it on their experience with how things get handled on FW. ^^ Thanks, I got my answer.
    Cute, shy, poor Frost Mage Lolo Lv80
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Arena Season
    I'll be inquiring for more information about when we should expect this. The season change isn't necessarily tied to a patch, but I'll find out why we didn't get it when the CN version did.

Virtue Coin drop rate

Jade Gold stack size
    This will need to change in the CN version before it changes here. Unless the item is specific to our version, we don't have much influence over these kind of details.

Arc
    I'm not in a position to give any details about this, sadly. I'm pretty frustrated about how we've handled this too; if we aren't ready to talk about the full impact of this feature, then we kinda jumped the gun talking about it at all. I'm hoping we'll be ready to talk about this more very soon.

The new Event UI lacks vital information about daily events
    I know, and I agree, It sucks. We've brought it up before, many times, and China has been pretty adamant that they will not be changing it.

Extending Wargod Event time
    I'm not sure if this is technically feasible or not, but I'll bring it up as a possible alternative to the multiplier.

Staff size comment from cireneila1
    Oh man... I WISH I had 180 people working on this game! Those numbers look closer to our total staff size for the whole PWE and PWE-EU offices, across all departments and games. As far as the 70 dedicated staff in CN, I can't really say. I'm not sure how many people over there work on our version, I will say that I only interface with about 4 people over there, and I sincerely doubt that there's too many more than that.

The new content: When? What's in it?
    I'm not at liberty to discuss what's in it yet (I have precious little information about that yet to be honest; you guys will probably know as much or more than me soon anyways by digging up all the CN patch notes). We're hoping to be ready to launch it sometime in October, but we're still lacking too much info to make any solid claims about a time-frame yet.

Era progress
    The era won't advance past that point because the next era is not meant to be implemented yet. That's just how it works (I admit it's not a very graceful way of displaying it, it would be better if it just didn't appear until it was ready to be implemented).

Arena season... all we need is the coding for the gear and the points to reset and its ready to roll

Virtue coins is it really THAT hard to go into the data base and bump the percentage up on the drop rate T;Nosebleeding

jade gold.. with the new system you do realize that your stacking them exponentially more than even possible to spend them... Right? T;Shocked

Arc.. you cant give any info about it but if anyone wants to download FW straight from this site they have to download arc... and the core rewards/achievements is being removed for an arc syste... but you cant tell us about arc? thats not jumping the gun thats plain ignorant implimentation B;Frightened

The daily UI cant you hire a techy to just make one like the old one?

Extending wargod time wouldnt do anything unless you know it was like multiple times a week just more time in 1 day for the same 100 points we could get anyway

staff size... i can honestly feel your pain cause my crew is shorthanded at my job 24/7

but BTW i would REALLY like to know if
    A. FW site updated for all the new content (ex lycans in talent calculator)?
    B. Any news on the Prot couple dance?
    C. Any news on the further degrading tech support.
    D. I REALLY need to know if Arc is going to be integrated to run certain aspects the game as i only run the game.exe file straight off my laptop and never downloade arc.
    E. I DEMAND AN ANSWERS TO CHARLIES PIE AND TO THE POLE T;Angry
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amarantos
    edited August 2013
    the talent calc isnt even updated for the old classes either lol. quite a few where if you compare talents in game to ones listed on talent calc there are obviously things missing.

e.g. wind bard zephyr talent -- in game says increases accuracy of attacks AND base damage of chord of wind, but talent calc only lists the acc increase.
  • cireneila1
    cireneila1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    (Note: I was almost done making answers for all these, then I clicked on my pm inbox link. Then I realized what I'd done. I almost cried.)

Pandoras Box status: open ;)
    Staff size comment from cireneila1
    Oh man... I WISH I had 180 people working on this game! Those numbers look closer to our total staff size for the whole PWE and PWE-EU offices, across all departments and games. As far as the 70 dedicated staff in CN, I can't really say. I'm not sure how many people over there work on our version, I will say that I only interface with about 4 people over there, and I sincerely doubt that there's too many more than that.

I got the data from an interview of your CEO. Same as you, I think that it's the total staff size. But ONLY 4 people in China are working on this version of FW?

When I take a look on the list of things, which need to be fixed and imagine how long it would take for FOUR people to fix all actual issues...outch! Seriously, it isn't rocket science to know, that this won't work.

After reading all of your posts in this thread, I'll get the same result as I already posted in several other threads. There seems to be a really big and serious communication problem between PWE and China. If I add some external informations I have about PWE (don't worry I won't post them here Grey. I read some really "funny stories" btw), I come to the conclusion, that it's not only FW suffering with problems - it's the whole company. I'm aware, that you aren't allowed to (and you shouldn't) say something about it, but when this communication problem inside PW become even obvious to players, it might be a good idea to inform the upper management about it imo.

Thx again for the informations and the open words about PWE-China relations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NyteEverto - Eyrda
    NyteEverto - Eyrda Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    That's a holdover from the old system, where there weren't different Eras as they are now (it was either Age of chaos or Wolrd Era, so the 100% means that it's no longer in the age of chaos). So long as the era is beyond the Age of Chaos, there should not be an impact on Guild Bases.

Well, it might be held over then, because going off what Lawrence's box says and seeing how many qualified guilds sprang up during and after the last auction of just one base on Eyrda, and the number of guilds that gave up their bases, there should be more bases up for auction the last three weeks and there hasn't been. XD

Thanks for the time to answer, its a lot less confusing hearing it from the hands on people. =3
    Suck mah common sense bishes! T;Sly
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Extending Wargod Event time
    I'm not sure if this is technically feasible or not, but I'll bring it up as a possible alternative to the multiplier.
    Thanks for the reply. I hope that this one is workable method.
    Anyway i wait for your next updates on the problems.
  • Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • conterkiller
    conterkiller Posts: 2,479 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Go go go FW France.. show FW NA how it is done!!!

10$ they update and get new arena season before we do!! B;Frightened

• amarantos
    edited August 2013
    man they should come here and see the questions we ask....only the last one was anything of interest lol
  • Brim_McRoy - Eyrda
    Brim_McRoy - Eyrda Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Um just out of curiosity are you guys going to answer the questions or leave this post to die like all the others???

Kudos if you can read this before its buried like the last 5 T;Great
    FWs only Acolyte of Khorne --> warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Khorne
    Loki and Crabclaw: The Lost Gods of FW

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cireneila1
    edited August 2013
    Um just out of curiosity are you guys going to answer the questions or leave this post to die like all the others???

It's a legitimate question. It happen too often, that PWE answered one or two questions and stopped after it. It would be a realy great improvement, if this wouldn't happen with this thread.

Talking about questions... I have some important ones imo. They came up after I saw this weekends bonus sale.
    - How do you decide what and which kind of bonus sale will be made?
    - Do you have the ingame economy on your "radar", when you release those sales?

I found an answer for the last question and it's a NO. But first I wanna say something to all "This is how capitalism works" defenders of PWE's way of releasing bonus sales. FW's economy isn't a capitalistic oriented economy. It's a PWE controlled market and far away from a capitalistc oriented microeconomy. This market control focus only on one group of players (I can't tell more details, because it isn't allowed anymore), but it effects all players.

I'm not aiming on to stop the sales, but I wanna ask, if PWE think about the consequences when they do it? It really looks like, that PWE don't spend a single thought about the long term consequences, when they manipulate the market. A possible reason could be, that many decisions about the economy base on the Chinese leaf to gold relation, which are very different to ours.
    Questions:
    - Could you please explain PWE's ingame microeconomy concept to the players?
    - Are those market manipulating decisions planed by someone, who knows how a microeconomy works?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadrim
    edited August 2013
    cireneila1 wrote: »
    - Do you have the ingame economy on your "radar", when you release those sales?

- Could you please explain PWE's ingame microeconomy concept to the players?
    - Are those market manipulating decisions planed by someone, who knows how a microeconomy works?

Something that greatly affects ingame economy and can be seen with a single glance in auction house is drop rates for important items, especially skill rolls and upgrade items like runes or virtue coins. Availability and prices soaring give a pretty exact insight of whats not dropping enough on the servers and whats dropping way tooo much.

My impression is that noone thinks about the impact of those values and i also believe with world boss treasures, hell road rewards and guild lottery as new gold generators without a real new goldsink implemented, an inflation will come slowly but surely.
    So much for the long term thinking, except that the infamous fusion coins (or whatever they are called in english) as well as other attractive items might be available for gold in the near future.
  • cireneila1
    edited August 2013
    shadrim wrote: »
    (...)My impression is that noone thinks about the impact of those values and i also believe with world boss treasures, hell road rewards and guild lottery as new gold generators without a real new goldsink implemented, an inflation will come slowly but surely.

I agree with you, but at one point you are wrong. An inflation will not come, it's allready started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jhereg4250
    jhereg4250 Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Arguing about inflation at the high rarity level is pointless. LoH6, Bash 8, Assassinate 8, Sympathy, ect would be priced comparatively high to the value of gold in any economy. 4D in the economy of a year ago was actually harder to come by as 5-7 is now. The determining factor is not the relative value of gold, it's how much the people competing for it have to spend, how many there are, and how much they desire it.

On most staple items, we've actually seen deflation. FA1s sell in the 4-5 gold range depending on sales, where as a year and a half ago they would sell for 6-7 easy.

I think the main thing that has people up in arms is leaf prices, and frankly PWE has no responsibility what so ever to make those prices go down for anyone. Those are set by players to maximize the value of their dollar.
  • shadrim
    edited August 2013
    jhereg4250 wrote: »
    Arguing about inflation at the high rarity level is pointless. LoH6, Bash 8, Assassinate 8, Sympathy, ect would be priced comparatively high to the value of gold in any economy.

You seem to estimate a stable droprate for the ultra rare bottleneck skillrolls, which is actually not the case as it seems. I cannot say wether its bad server settings or just not enough players playing those crappy events anymore. What i can see is whats in auction house - and if its there what price is taken.
    I have seen one (1) LoH 6 in the past threee Months in auction house for a price double as high as the price half a year ago.
    Think about more priests than before with lycan priestesses running around in quite a number -> demand raised, supply the same or less.

So drop rates equals supply and directly influences prices.
    There is no "competition" with some shady "luck" system that does not give back anything for whatever efforts you put in it. What would you "compete" against ? Who can bot the maximum of "daily events" to maybe get one of the ultra rares ? ;)

How do you "compete" with daybreaker chests to make them drop something interesting ?
    I am currently trying to collect enough crystals to open at least 10 chests in a row and i am pretty sure my "luck" will see to it that everything i get wil be the ever same 2 bronze worth rubbish toilet paper that i keep getting for almost a year now.
    Why do i try to play against a zero "chance" system ? Pure interest and boredom.
    I dont expect to ever see a healing level 10 scroll in my pocket.(I surely dont see it in auction house for quite a time now.).

For the problem with rare skill rolls, leaf price is mostly uninteresting. No matter how much gold you have you cannot buy whats not there.
    Feels nice to have an endlevel toon with level 60 skills and no real chance to change this.

For the inflation, yes it started already but its still manageable. Only hope left is some worthwhile and attractive goldsink being implemented soon. And this would be one thing really affecting leaf prices.
  • Ayumichan - Storm Legion
    Ayumichan - Storm Legion Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You seem to estimate a stable droprate for the ultra rare bottleneck skillrolls, which is actually not the case as it seems. I cannot say wether its bad server settings or just not enough players playing those crappy events anymore. What i can see is whats in auction house - and if its there what price is taken.
    I have seen one (1) LoH 6 in the past threee Months in auction house for a price double as high as the price half a year ago.
    Think about more priests than before with lycan priestesses running around in quite a number -> demand raised, supply the same or less.

So drop rates equals supply and directly influences prices.
    There is no "competition" with some shady "luck" system that does not give back anything for whatever efforts you put in it. What would you "compete" against ? Who can bot the maximum of "daily events" to maybe get one of the ultra rares ? ;)

How do you "compete" with daybreaker chests to make them drop something interesting ?
    I am currently trying to collect enough crystals to open at least 10 chests in a row and i am pretty sure my "luck" will see to it that everything i get wil be the ever same 2 bronze worth rubbish toilet paper that i keep getting for almost a year now.
    Why do i try to play against a zero "chance" system ? Pure interest and boredom.
    I dont expect to ever see a healing level 10 scroll in my pocket.(I surely dont see it in auction house for quite a time now.).

For the problem with rare skill rolls, leaf price is mostly uninteresting. No matter how much gold you have you cannot buy whats not there.
    Feels nice to have an endlevel toon with level 60 skills and no real chance to change this.

For the inflation, yes it started already but its still manageable. Only hope left is some worthwhile and attractive goldsink being implemented soon. And this would be one thing really affecting leaf prices.

and if that coin sink happen,half of the server (you know which half of the servers) will QQ about giving another edge to that part of the playerbase. (and they are right at some point)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shadrim
    edited August 2013
    and if that coin sink happen,half of the server (you know which half of the servers) will QQ about giving another edge to that part of the playerbase. (and they are right at some point)

Well its an interesting choice that players will not have.
    Either devs make "half of the playerbase" loose ground more and more every day due to the increasing inflation so they will give up one day, or they give an attractive goldsink (which might well be some "i do your henry chores for you" NPC or other things that save time on boring evreyday stuff but dont give you too much advantages. Vanity items or time based rent a mounts would also be some possibility.).

I have seen a lot of games die on ingame economy messed up beyond repair, bound/unbound or pure unbound economy games alike dont survive too much inflation. And death comes even sooner when the gold sources are monopolized in the ever same hands.

But even if such a coin sink comes and it actually works, you still cant buy what does not exist. Leaving the skill roll drop rates as they were (set to "priest hate mode") while implementing another source for priests dealt a blow that will not be recovered too soon.
    Its bad enough noone neeeds a priest (or a stoneman) in 90-99% of the game. The messed up "random chance" (for skill rolls, books chapter one, etc. everything where only a limited selection of the whole set is available) is an additional and unnecessary source of frustration that messes not only with the economy but also with how good the game feels.

The question is, if anyone from devs or PWE is aware that something concerning the so called "chances" as well as a lot concerning the ingame markets and class balances (especially lack of reasons for existance for the mostly unneeded supporters) has been badly messed up.

See ? I did not touch the forbidden subject. T;Begging
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Its bad enough noone neeeds a priest (or a stoneman) in 90-99% of the game.
    Before we start another argument on the priests usefulness, i have to say its higly server dependant.
    But now back to our economy problem.
    Because of the systems new features ppl now increasing their stats gears and other stuff to max. These ppl will gonna stop buying gears which will cause a medium hit on the gear market. Their money is gonna increase and because they only buy limited items (no stars,pets,gear,runes, etc..) these factors gonna lose money but factors like books, recipes, extremly rare skills are not gonna take any damage since because of the games bugs(or features?) these are slowly replicating themselves their price is stable.
    The more incoming ways to get gold makes the ppl buy more which will create a positive market growing. They got more money->they buy more->they create more->and the circle starts again.
    However this mechanic is only working where there are players who buy things.
    Players who are maxed out (or collecting money like a madman) are not helping the rotation,
    the system is only working if there are several new thing and players who will want to buy and with that want to move in the circle.
    In these years or main economy problem was created by the fact that there are not enough new players who will bring in "fresh" gold. Now this seems to be fixed but its gonna take atleast 2 months to see our economy is stable or it will gonna crash in any moment.
  • Cyntheria - Storm Legion
    Cyntheria - Storm Legion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Everytime I leave this game, I hope to come back to it being fixed, or something good... and everytime I just come back to ****. T;Angry

I quit PWI, and really debating quitting FW too...
    [SIGPIC]http://i43.tinypic.com/oh926r.png[/SIGPIC]
    ~Scorchin' The Blood In My- My Vampire Heart~
  • X_Amelia_x - Storm Legion
    X_Amelia_x - Storm Legion Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    KK SO what is going on this is getting really old. Why do things come back up then crash 20 minutes later... T;Angry
  • miciociccio
    miciociccio Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    jhereg4250 wrote: »
    Arguing about inflation at the high rarity level is pointless. LoH6, Bash 8, Assassinate 8, Sympathy, ect would be priced comparatively high to the value of gold in any economy. 4D in the economy of a year ago was actually harder to come by as 5-7 is now. The determining factor is not the relative value of gold, it's how much the people competing for it have to spend, how many there are, and how much they desire it.

On most staple items, we've actually seen deflation. FA1s sell in the 4-5 gold range depending on sales, where as a year and a half ago they would sell for 6-7 easy.

I think the main thing that has people up in arms is leaf prices, and frankly PWE has no responsibility what so ever to make those prices go down for anyone. Those are set by players to maximize the value of their dollar.

Hem you're actually wrong about fusions, sure you pay now less for them but only cuz all fusion are at 50%..... almost all the time? back then ppls was spending 20 lefs to get them in cs.

So yes, ppls pay those less now but at same time the seller gain way more, hence, the price of leafs never go under 40s (beside there was also a time that fusions wasnt in sale all the time and fa1 was 8G+ in ah in fact).

Oh and lies, prots are really busy in FW...called by those "hr princess's" asking for buff, ofc, you got all day to stand in fh buff them....

FatPris/Scorpioluca
  • NoOnes_Per - Lionheart
    NoOnes_Per - Lionheart Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    for those that desperately dont want to play fw on arc, I've been playing it on steam for the past 2.5 years, and its still available in most EU and NA regions as far as i'm aware..
    take advantage they said......
    the best deal while it lasts they said...
This discussion has been closed.