Hunting festival

chicklina
chicklina Posts: 2 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
Can someone help with information from which npc and where to start this event.I really want to get the achievements.Any information will be appreciated.Ty:)
Post edited by chicklina on

Comments

• Magicka - Storm Legion
    Magicka - Storm Legion Posts: 2,061 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Stolen from the Internet:
    Hunting Festival (HF) (every Wednesdays from 20:00 to 22:30 server)

- get a full pt of ppl your lvl (example: if your lvl 40, your pt must be from lvl 40-49 ONLY)
    - EXCEPTION : lvl 50-69 are all same monsters (spiders)
    - if ur lvl 30-39, you hunt shadow wolves in SoO
    - if ur lvl 40-49, you hunt shadow bulls in lunagrant, right outside bramble
    - if ur lvl 50-69, you hunt shadow spiders in lunagrant, west of Arena (so teleport there once you take quest)

- before you take quest, TAKE OUT all your hunting gems
    - when your whole pt is here, take the quest and go to spot
    - use hunting skill and normal atks (except for boss); EVERYONE atk the same monster!

- NOTE: if your lvl 50-69, focus on basically 2 spiders, back and forth (they will spawn right on time so no need to move to a 3rd spider)
    - also have around 8 slots in your bag in order for 100/100 emblems to process through

- event takes 30 mins total, you can hand in emblems after the 30 mins to the SAME NPC

Wednesday:
    Hunting Festival [lvl 30][Party]
    This event requires the adventurer job and is the only use I have found for Hunting Gem. Once the event starts you can head out to your level range's area and speak to the quest NPC to get a quest to hunt Shadow Wolves(20+ area) or Shadow Oxen(40+ area).

A party is advised. It can be done solo, but party kills count and provides more xp.

The spawns are quick, so I have found it effective to either move the party between 2 spawns, or split the party 3/3 and have them farm 4 separate spawns. Competition might be fierce at the start so as with Tuesday's event it can be worth it to wait for a half-hour or an hour before starting to reduce congestion.

The mobs you kill will start running after they have lost enough hp, but using the hunting skill (consuming a hunting gem), will often stop them in their tracks for a while. This is also the reason why it is not advised to attempt this quest solo since it is difficult to kill the mobs quickly enough. Once killed the mob will give a hunting emblem and drop a hunting object which the team can roll for. This object provides a bonus to your hunting emblems, but otherwise is of no use OTHER than the one that summons a boss mob. This boss mob is much harder but drops more emblems than normal which makes them well worth it.

It is not known at this time whether the emblems disappear with the timeout or whether you can hand them in after the time has completed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well
    as you deserve.' ~ Bilbo Baggins
  • aestheticsbro
    aestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm interested in this achievement as well but I've been kind of lazy about it since I tried killing mobs with a lv80 char and couldn't spawn the mobs required for achievement. I guess bringing a friend or alt of the proper level for each kind of mobs (30-39, 40-49, 50-69)and following Magicka's info boss would spawn and you can kill it with your main char to get the achievement done.

Just a theory, it would be nice if someone who did it can confirm please.

The perfect hunting requires you to go to Aurora county during event time and hunt the Calydonian boar thats around the hunting grounds south of main human city (a party is recommended since you have to kill it a few times before quest time runs out). Loot his body clicking it as much as you can before he disappears after he is killed for (hide, bone, tusk, meat?) and exchange them to npc for medals, with each part having a different value which I don't remember right now. Your goal is to get as many medals as possible, 100 being a perfect hunt if I remember correctly. You can only do the quest once every Wednesday so you need to do a perfect hunt in 3 different Wednesdays for the achievement.

There are different tiers of rewards depending on how many medals you earn, each tier grants you a title (Calydonian boar hunter/killer/slayer/butcher/predator) and some unbound reforge charms.
  • amarantos
    amarantos Posts: 3,067 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm interested in this achievement as well but I've been kind of lazy about it since I tried killing mobs with a lv80 char and couldn't spawn the mobs required for achievement. I guess bringing a friend or alt of the proper level for each kind of mobs (30-39, 40-49, 50-69)and following Magicka's info boss would spawn and you can kill it with your main char to get the achievement done.

Just a theory, it would be nice if someone who did it can confirm please.

while most people are completely unaware of this event til they level up and are unable to do the lower level parts themselves, it is very easy to finish with the use of an alt of the appropriate level. it took me a couple weeks of doing the event with a low level alt to discover this simple solution: you will not get the rare boss spawning item if you kill mobs with a lv80 (for example) char. it might take you a very long time to kill mobs with a low level char with crappy gear, especially if you have no hunting gems. BUT, it is ridiculously quick and easy to simply tag a mob with the low level alt and kill it with a nonpartied level 80 in order to get the boss spawning item ;). this is how I finished the hunting festival achievement.

As for the lv70+ boar part, if you have the in-bag bank access from purchaser rewards, you can easily stock up boar parts or the 'cannot harvest now' blade things in your bank that won't be removed when the festival ends/you leave the area, as long as you don't remove them from your bank until next festival. this way you can save up a bunch of the items that reward the most hunting emblems for a quick and easy perfect hunt.
  • aestheticsbro
    aestheticsbro Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Ty will try next week :)
  • chicklina
    chicklina Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    A bit late,but thanks to all that bother to answer,thanks for tips and information:)Will try today again this event and see how it go.