Are players leaving this game?

Monotonous - Storm Legion
Monotonous - Storm Legion Posts: 384 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion
my guild used to have two page of people online every night two months ago, not there're like 5 people.. and two of them are alts so it's like 3 people.. is it same in your guild?
Post edited by Monotonous - Storm Legion on

Comments

• someonenewhere
    someonenewhere Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nope.
  • Y_meh - Illyfue
    Y_meh - Illyfue Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For us, we have a solid core of people that are like good friends - they are always there. Of course we also have the migrant workers, here today, gone tomorrow.

I agree that Illyfue is certainly less populated than when I started playing some two years ago, but I definitely do not fear that the sky is falling on our heads. People come and people go is normal imho.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the "new" instant cap leveling results in many new players becoming bored quickly. Don't get me wrong, I am not asking for the 12 month questing grind to reach cap level to return, but I do believe reaching cap level within a few weeks of starting the game is leaving many people disillusioned and they move on.

When I look around FH, I still see many regulars that started playing the same time as me (except the ones that got fed up with the recent bad decisions made by our FW Team for financial gain) and I am sure, like me, these players are still here because they enjoy the game and the company for what it is.

In conclusion: I have been here for over 2 years and the chances are that I will be here until the "Powers that be" finally close the doors (it is for this reason why I am still in the forums demanding that certain things should be fixed) :D
    You have to admire stupidity for its destructive potential.
  • littlepan
    littlepan Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't speak for the majority of course, and maybe players who have invested a lot of time and money won't leave, but I'm part of a group of friends (about 15+ people) who know this game pretty well and have all just left. The last three guilds I was in also died because 99% of the players left the game. Some went right after the rollback and others just drifted after. I left because of the CS really, it just frustrated the hell out of me seeing all this beautiful stuff in orbs and I have no way to get it, I can't afford to spam, the odds are rigged too high and because the player base is much lower than it was when I first checked this game out over a year ago other people aren't buying and selling these items either. I'm not the kind of person to spout **** like ' that's life' because this is supposed to be a fun game and there is no God controlling this, it's just the CS so it would be easy for the top dogs to take stuff out of orbs and put it right there for us all to buy but nah, they always chose the lottery route so **** it. I'm not a spoiled brat who wants the easy road and I don't mind grinding for levels and attributes, I don't mind fighting hardcore CSed opponents in PVP and I don't mind spending a bit more on items in packs (like the couple pack where you can get a guaranteed tuffy without the orb ****) but I do draw the line at lottery/lucky bags; unfortunately there's a pet and a mount I really want, so I'm out because I can't bear to look at the orbs anymore.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    Ginius - Illyfue Posts: 2,509 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    littlepan wrote: »
    I don't mind fighting hardcore CSed opponents in PVP and I don't mind spending a bit more on items in packs (like the couple pack where you can get a guaranteed tuffy without the orb ****) but I do draw the line at lottery/lucky bags; unfortunately there's a pet and a mount I really want, so I'm out because I can't bear to look at the orbs anymore.

You don't mind being overwhelmed in every kind of competitions you can have with other players in game and you leave because you can't get the pet you want?

I could understand the opposite but I'm really surprised to hear it this way, even from a 100% PvE player :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.
    Level 90 since august 2014

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • CalmLikeAB - Illyfue
    CalmLikeAB - Illyfue Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so me have the same question. "why still playing 1 game when he is already death?"
    and 1 lot of my friends (ingame) do like me... just come here 1 time pear week for check if some good update coming...
  • Y_meh - Illyfue
    edited July 2013
    so me have the same question. "why still playing 1 game when he is already death?"
    and 1 lot of my friends (ingame) do like me... just come here 1 time pear week for check if some good update coming...

Clearly if you return to the game on a regular/weekly basis to "see if something good is coming", it implies that you still have an interest in the game and as such, I fail to understand why you claim the game is dead ;)

Surely if you are convinced in your own mind that FW is "dead" it does not make sense for you to return on a weekly basis to check up on it, unless you are a Necromancer of course :D

If you do return regularly, it implies that you have not given up on FW and if something should change to the extent that it will tickle your fancy, you will be back - this is my assumption ofc :cool:
  • Summanus - Illyfue
    Summanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Clearly if you return to the game on a regular/weekly basis to "see if something good is coming", it implies that you still have an interest in the game and as such, I fail to understand why you claim the game is dead ;)

Surely if you are convinced in your own mind that FW is "dead" it does not make sense for you to return on a weekly basis to check up on it, unless you are a Necromancer of course :D

If you do return regularly, it implies that you have not given up on FW and if something should change to the extent that it will tickle your fancy, you will be back - this is my assumption ofc :cool:

The game is dead.

But people check in to see if something different is happening here. If so, they usually play for a few days/weeks and leave from boredom again. When even hardcore CS players like Calm leave the game, then you know ur game is in trouble. Making it easy to pay your way to end game, makes those hardcore CS players bored even quicker.

Once you got the best game in gear, maxed everything, there really is nothing left to do but quit. And that is only happening because of the pay to win system in FW. Sure PWE is getting rich quick, but in doing so, killing their own game.

If the game is so alive, why are we even having this discussion about server merges? Or even discussing the possibility of it happening.

Once PWE actually starts listening to the actual people who play the game and are saying over and over why their game is dying, then perhaps servers will start repopulating. As long as they put profit ahead of everything else. Then this game isnt gonna be alive for much longer.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    edited July 2013
    The game is dead.

But people check in to see if something different is happening here. If so, they usually play for a few days/weeks and leave from boredom again. When even hardcore CS players like Calm leave the game, then you know ur game is in trouble. Making it easy to pay your way to end game, makes those hardcore CS players bored even quicker.

Once you got the best game in gear, maxed everything, there really is nothing left to do but quit. And that is only happening because of the pay to win system in FW. Sure PWE is getting rich quick, but in doing so, killing their own game.

If the game is so alive, why are we even having this discussion about server merges? Or even discussing the possibility of it happening.

Once PWE actually starts listening to the actual people who play the game and are saying over and over why their game is dying, then perhaps servers will start repopulating. As long as they put profit ahead of everything else. Then this game isnt gonna be alive for much longer.

While I agree with some of your points, I don't agree about a few ^^.

1- The discussion about server merges is mostly create by people from the Nyos server which has been dead from the start, very few from other servers are asking for it (even if some are not against those merges as well).

2- The game is not dead.
    But yes there are less people than at the beginning, but the population is still fairly decent.
    It's true that 70% of the players I was playing with 2 years ago left the game, it's also true that many players came too.
    If I check in my guild for example, I see that over 50% of the active people started this game a year ago and not 2 years ago or more.

So I agree that PWE did many bad call on many things (bugs/poor support/bad CS system/not enough updates/poor endgame content..) but the game is still pretty much alive, at least I still enjoy logging a few hours everyday.

If I had to say why I'm still here, I would say that it's because:
    - I still have fun talking with friends
    - I'm still far from reaching my end game gears
    - I still enjoy some instances in game (mostly PvP ones)
    - Many interestings things appear in CN that I'm looking for to test when it comes here.

Bottom line is that I understand why some people left/are leaving, and I understand why some people stayed/are still coming :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • Summanus - Illyfue
    Summanus - Illyfue Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I still enjoy logging a few hours everyday.

I think thats where our views differ. I'm logged on almost 14 hrs a day in this game. You can see the difference in how many actual people there are playing, and how many are logged botting all day or just log in during specific times. So if you login during the busy hours like everyone else, it will seem like its busy and the game is alive.

Perhaps its the new thing now, where the only things worth doing are for a few hours and then leave on bot. Thats not exactly healthy for a game. When the game was full, you could be around and logged in any time and the game was always busy.

And the issue with server merge, which is the most concerning is the fact an Admin has come out and said they are discussing the possibility of it. That tells me, they are always looking at things from the wrong angle and also as a possibility to merge, and yet again, against the general community opinion.
    Summanus | 80 Diamond Geezer Protector - retired

Play the game, don't let the game play you.
  • Y_meh - Illyfue
    edited July 2013
    The game is dead.

Maybe my interpretation of dead is different to yours - dead to me, means no sign of life.

As I said in my post - Yes the in game population is not what it used to be and one can have various theories why it is so. Please do not get me wrong on this one, I do believe part of the exodus of players is/was caused by FW's manipulation to obtain maximum profits. But to blame FW for it all is a bit absurd imho - some players are also driven by greed and as such manipulate game play to secure their monopolies in game and thereby negatively affecting the population (a discussion we had on a recent thread ;)).

Sadly neither me, nor you can change how FW and some of our fellow adventurers behave, but to say the game is dead is not really the way to describe it as there is still some life in it (at least on Illyfue) and I honestly do not believe that we are nowhere near the point where we need to be calling for the life support system to be plugged in.

Negativity breeds negativeness - if we really have an interest in the game, let us at least fix what we can before we lay all the blame at FW's door - after all we are part of it and have the power to make some changes ourselves.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    edited July 2013
    I think thats where our views differ. I'm logged on almost 14 hrs a day in this game. You can see the difference in how many actual people there are playing, and how many are logged botting all day or just log in during specific times. So if you login during the busy hours like everyone else, it will seem like its busy and the game is alive.

Perhaps its the new thing now, where the only things worth doing are for a few hours and then leave on bot. Thats not exactly healthy for a game. When the game was full, you could be around and logged in any time and the game was always busy.

Well you might have hitted the truth there with the fact that I (as most) am logging at busy hours but it's not like I have the choice, I come back from work around 19h-20h, and I log untill midnight or so, and I log more during week ends.
    At those hours, the game is indeed fairly active, but as you said it might be dead at other hours, but well, people usually works or are at school during the day :p
    And the issue with server merge, which is the most concerning is the fact an Admin has come out and said they are discussing the possibility of it. That tells me, they are always looking at things from the wrong angle and also as a possibility to merge, and yet again, against the general community opinion.

That I don't know, tbh I look forward cross server PvP instances, I don't know what to think about the fact that GMs are talking about a merge, some ppl worry about it, but as for me, I think I won't realize what would happened until it does happen.

The thing would be why now? I mean.. Nyos has been dead from day 1, we all complained for weeks about it, asked for merge/transfert/whatever at this time, but nothing happened.
    I quite don't understand why they would merge it now :confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • xtr3am
    xtr3am Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I agree with some of your points, I don't agree about a few ^^.

1- The discussion about server merges is mostly create by people from the Nyos server which has been dead from the start, very few from other servers are asking for it (even if some are not against those merges as well).

2- The game is not dead.
    But yes there are less people than at the beginning, but the population is still fairly decent.
    It's true that 70% of the players I was playing with 2 years ago left the game, it's also true that many players came too.
    If I check in my guild for example, I see that over 50% of the active people started this game a year ago and not 2 years ago or more.

So I agree that PWE did many bad call on many things (bugs/poor support/bad CS system/not enough updates/poor endgame content..) but the game is still pretty much alive, at least I still enjoy logging a few hours everyday.

If I had to say why I'm still here, I would say that it's because:
    - I still have fun talking with friends
    - I'm still far from reaching my end game gears
    - I still enjoy some instances in game (mostly PvP ones)
    - Many interestings things appear in CN that I'm looking for to test when it comes here.

Bottom line is that I understand why some people left/are leaving, and I understand why some people stayed/are still coming :)

The discussion about server merge was started by the GM first of all... and if this game was not dead there would be no such posts in the first place.
  • Ginius - Illyfue
    edited July 2013
    xtr3am wrote: »
    The discussion about server merge was started by the GM first of all... and if this game was not dead there would be no such posts in the first place.

Hum I can recall many post from Nyos players asking for a merge before the GMs stated that.

And I beg to differ in your sentence, it shouldn't be:
    "if this game was not dead there would be not such posts in the first place" but
    but
    "if this server was not dead there would be not such posts in the first place".

Don't get me wrong, I would like it better if there were more people, and if Nyos had opened at the same time as Illyfue, I would be a Nyos player now, as well as many other that I know since I've always been more PvP oriented.

Anyway we'll see what will happen in the future ^^'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Signature by Baby.

- Elemental Warrior 90
    - Ice Mage 90
    - Blood Raider 87
    - Divine Priest 85
    - Water Bard 83
    - Precision MM 80
    - Demon? I hope soon xD
  • CalmLikeAB - Illyfue
    CalmLikeAB - Illyfue Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    some ppl dont understand when i tell "the game is death".
    when 1 online game only have around 500/1000 logins pear day (including alts) and when only around +/- 300 logins with different IPs pear day... is that im talking about.

when we talk about 3000+ players pear day doing login... yes, is the minimum 1 online game need for stay alive.
  • Celennes - Illyfue
    Celennes - Illyfue Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well based on my friendslist and bit over 2 years of playing I can tell it's not dead but it's not even close as active it was or should be. About 30% of my friends play and those are the same people every day, old ones gone forever.
    Celennes - Level 90 frost mage. New sig coming "soon". | <Balerion Slayer> |
    <Hero of Summit of Elements> |
  • Lilieana - Illyfue
    Lilieana - Illyfue Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well,i think there were very few people online after the reset,but recently,old players have come back,so the server started to live again.

From what i saw,now there are very few low lvl players,now there are mostly 70+ chars.Or,if there are new chars,they are completely new to the game,and have no experience,not just in FW,but overall in mmorpg's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy made by Magicka★
    MouseGuard★Elemental★Illyfue (on vacation)
    Szerena_★Glacial★Illyfue
  • im2gr84u
    im2gr84u Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    People always quit and come back sooner or later.

• riotz24
    riotz24 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    LAWL! ofcourse the game is dying, look at how well its looked after.... they cnt even fix the mount bug in FF, balance classes....
  • Cyntheria - Storm Legion
    Cyntheria - Storm Legion Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been here since the get-go and it's pretty much dead. Compared to about 6 months ago it's gotten worse. Yes, as a few have said the OLDER players remain for the majority, but what keeps the game going in new players staying and becoming "old." Unless PWE/FW get their sht together- this game will be squish within the next few years.
    [SIGPIC]http://i43.tinypic.com/oh926r.png[/SIGPIC]
    ~Scorchin' The Blood In My- My Vampire Heart~
  • vursed
    vursed Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i'm legit quitin. adios lionheart
  • Inzho - Eyrda
    Inzho - Eyrda Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Fix the imbalances and watch players come back, persist with the bs class balance and watch it shrivel. In PvP terms players have simply given up. I try arena and battlefield and most days you wait really long to get a match simply because very few people come to arena or battlefield anymore.

Reason 1) Can't beat the 12/12 all lvl 4 or higher gemmed etc etc etc toons and

Reason 2) If you play certain class tree combos you are doomed.

In PvE terms low levels now require mentor runs to do instances due to too few low levels who run instances together and high levels only do certain instances. High level $10 000 chars are bored cause every instance bores them and high level poor chars just stumble around till they can piggy back a high level squad e.g. the legions of 7x players with 15k hp who cant do FP etc.

Balance is what has killed this game more than any other reason wether it be PvP or PvE. FW did not learn from PWI or rather they learnt the wrong lesson.
  • Trogotha - Storm Legion
    Trogotha - Storm Legion Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    im2gr84u wrote: »
    People always quit and come back sooner or later.

Nah, we just watch the forums to see the latest PWE debacle to help remind us why we left in the first place. YMMV and all that. ;)
    Dear PWE Staff: I can haz avatar nao plox? :D
    For SCIENCE (and the LULZ)!
  • riotz24
    riotz24 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yea as of today i quit because of the failing in class balance, and "Mages getting a mount speed boost and are able too purge water bard bubble" isnt a buff

Vamps being able to solo Wbs in under 2mins for pve is outright stupid
  • Calamitee - Storm Legion
    Calamitee - Storm Legion Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I'm on the verge of quitting because I just lost the will to play.
    And I've been beta testing another mmo made by squeenix that i've been enjoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morsaeterna
    morsaeterna Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    We have seen enough of this kind posts.
    It just lures here all the negative and/or paranoid people.
    My suggestion is(just like to all other post like this one):

AbandonThread.gif
  • porndmg
    porndmg Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wish this wasnt true, but sadly, i'm one of the people that dont find the game as fun anymore. Have a few weeks at this point, since i havent played almost at all. Only reason i logged ocasionally, was to assist at the wedding of a friend of mine, and to assist in a rift. Only because i am the strongest player in my guild, so i dont want the guild to crumble because one of the core members left. Ginius knows me well, my warrior used to me in his guild, and Y_meh knows my curent vampire character. I am a cash shoper (Viscount), but even me, got bored of this game. And not because of it's content, but because the lack of balance. I enjoy having fair fights, and not knowing who will win a fight. But i dislike people that cash shopped masivelly, and now they use that to **** up the game, by camping arenas, and only letting u farm 2,5k+ score if you pay them to power lvl you. Also, you cant even do FF with most of them, because they get a red hand, and camp your base exit (i know it might have 2 exits, but he is camping both). So i know who can beat me, and i know who i can beat. This kinda cuts the fun from the game.

Moved on to another game that only uses it's cash shop to buy skins for your character, but the power of your toon is always the same. More fun as well. People playing LoL (you cant censor that, mods, because that's not it's name), know what i'm talking about ^^

good day to u all, and ill get in game ocasionally, to give thumbs up to my guildies, but i cant cs or play anymore.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/r/2wq7p8l/6[/SIGPIC]
    New Beelzebut coming soon to a dark corner near you.....

DADADADADA CIRCUS DADADADADADA AFRO circus afro circus afro POLKADOT POLKADOT POLKADOT AFRO
  • Sephmeister - Eyrda
    Sephmeister - Eyrda Posts: 1,249 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Came for the game.. Still here for the few nice people I got to know on here. Shout out to Illyfue coolios :D
    | ★ <Total Darkness> ★ | ★ <Twin Emperor's Bane> ★ | ★ <Balerion Slayer> ★ |

"Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away."
  • EvilSheep - Illyfue
    EvilSheep - Illyfue Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Many have left, some returned, some did not. There are some that have left recently, I'm sure there will be more players leaving in the future. Population is lowered by half of what it used to be a year ago anyone that denies it, is simply delusional. Some people like myself only play it still ONLY because of their loved ones and not because there is anything good to it, it is now simply a force of habit for me. I don't CS anymore, I just don't have the desire to anymore, it's not worth it and you can ask anyone that knows me that Sheepy not CSing anymore is not normal, cos I absolutely used to love doing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~ ★ EvilSheep® - Dark Vampire - Lv80 since March 2012 ★ ~
    Lv80 Divine Priest - Lv80 Wind Bard - Lv80 Frost Mage
    Breath of Life - Florence + The Machine
    Because my Vamp comes with her own Theme Song.
    I'm not amoosed by the default forum font.